Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:07:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Winklevoss COIN -- Will it even matter? And how much?  (Read 4757 times)
nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 07:30:02 PM

Just check the top 100 chart, big guys are constantly increase their holding, regardless of price

That's not a good thing if it's true.

Huh

explain

Do you want greater distribution of btc, or less people holding more coins? A few people already own most of the btc, so if his claim is true, the distribution of btc is getting more lopsided than it already is.
I want less. If the majority of the coins are locked away in someones digital vault then the price  will be higher than if everyone had a more or less even share.

There will never be a communistic distribution of money in a free market. Someone will always have more, be better than others at making money. And that's how it should be. All according to plan most likely.

Greater distribution of btc to a bigger userbase is what I was referring to. Something that is mostly locked away in a few people's vaults is not money. Money is used to exchange goods and services. BTC is not money. I'd describe it as money-like virtual commodity.

small investors buy coins when the price is rising, big investors buy them when the price is falling.

this huge downswing is nothing but a sheep-raping for 10 months - the distribution is worser than before.

but that is not a problem of bitcoin, it is an inherent quality of capitalism. I do not like it but I can live with it Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: