Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:12:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Responsiveness to become significant Google ranking factor on Apr 21 2015  (Read 494 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bitcoin_Mafia_Me (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

BitcoinerX.com - PM for Ad Info

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 09:38:09 PM

Google said that on April 21, 2015, Google’s mobile ranking factors will not only label your site as mobile-friendly,
but will also use that to determine if your site should rank higher in the search results. Google said this algorithmic
change will have a “significant impact” in the mobile search results, impacting all languages worldwide.

Not sure if your site is mobile friendly or not?

Google's Mobile-Friendly Test tool will tell you. Click here to test your site.

Want to see what your site actually looks like on various mobile platforms? MobileTest.me is a great
freebie test tool that shows you what your site looks like across all popular mobile devices.

If your site passes the mobile friendly test and looks good on mobile devices, congrats! You're a step
ahead of a LOT of other people. If it doesn't pass the test and you aren't sure what to do next, feel
free to PM me. I'll be happy to take a look and make some suggestions (no charge - though tips are
always welcomed).

Cheers,

Cynthia

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 10:52:18 PM

It said awesome but I hate the layout, it supposed to be three column but  Google never noticed that I think.
Template has buggered up some how, cannot just drag the around like I used to.

The template I have now , cannot back up every thing I tried, it misses quite a lot of embeds  and other things too.
I know its on a blogger but I love it dearly and have had a little income from it.

I could put Google ads back on my pages, but we had a falling out over copywrite at my you tube channel, they said a video my son was not mine an I could not monetize it, so I removed Goggle ads from my blog in protest, they still put friggin ads on my tube videos

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fliverpoolfootballmaniacs.blogspot.co.uk%2F

And its gone.
Bitcoin_Mafia_Me (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 11:00:56 PM

It said awesome but I hate the layout, it supposed to be three column but  Google never noticed that I think.

The template I have now , cannot back up every thing I tried, it misses quite a lot of embeds  and other things too.
I know its on a blogger but I love it dearly and have had a little income from it.

I could put Google ads back on my pages, but we had a falling out over copywrite at my you tube channel, they said a video my son was not mine an I could not monetize it, so I removed Goggle ads from my blog in protest, they still put friggin ads on my tube videos .

The theme you are using is only a 2-col theme (see https://flexithemes.com/demo/GamesWorld/) not a 3-col
theme. I suspect the reason you are getting everything in one column on your site is b/c your customizations
are too wide.

If you look @ the original template, the actual width of the post excerpt content is only about 570-ish pixels wide.
On yours, that left column is taking up the ENTIRE width of the template (950 pixels) leaving no room for the
right hand column.

Racey
Legendary

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 11:06:48 PM

I could put Google ads back on my pages, but we had a falling out over copywrite at my you tube channel, they said a video my son was not mine an I could not monetize it, so I removed Goggle ads from my blog in protest, they still put friggin ads on my tube videos .

The theme you are using is only a 2-col theme (see https://flexithemes.com/demo/GamesWorld/) not a 3-col
theme. I suspect the reason you are getting everything in one column on your site is b/c your customizations
are too wide.

If you look @ the original template, the actual width of the post excerpt content is only about 570-ish pixels wide.
On yours, that left column is taking up the ENTIRE width of the template (950 pixels) leaving no room for the
right hand column.

ooops! you are so right but still cannot backup everything  that is there, and I do wish to change to three column.
How to make the left column smaller?

Appreciate the help if you have any advice.

And its gone.
Bitcoin_Mafia_Me (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 11:17:54 PM

are too wide.

right hand column.

ooops! you are so right but still cannot backup everything  that is there, and I do wish to change to three column.
How to make the left column smaller?

Appreciate the help if you have any advice.

IMO 950px is too narrow to be using for a max layout width anyway. You might want to go with
a new template - a 3 column template - altogether. I don't use Blogspot b/c I prefer to have 100%
control over my site, but Blogspot / Blogger is Google owned IIRC. I found this link on exporting
your blog content:

https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/97416?hl=en

Cheers,

Cynthia

Racey
Legendary

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 11:23:34 PM

Thanks I have done that method before, and sure it does leave some things out.

I could back it all up manually, done it twice before , takes a very long time to do.

Cheers for your input

And its gone.
Bitcoin_Mafia_Me (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 01:20:46 PM

Thanks I have done that method before, and sure it does leave some things out.

I could back it all up manually, done it twice before , takes a very long time to do.

Cheers for your input

You are very welcome - good luck! With as cheap as web hosting is these days, if you really want to make
a go of your blog, make the switch to a domain name and WordPress as soon as you can. TLDs (top level
domains) tend to rank better than subdomains anyway, all other factors being equal.

Bitcoin_Mafia_Me (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 04:08:59 AM

*bump*

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: