Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:00:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon4 with global shipping can be purchased here!  (Read 35446 times)
Avalon-pr (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:26:52 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2015, 03:09:39 AM by Avalon-pr

Avalon4 with global shipping can be purchased here!

Chip Parameters:

Packaging: QFN56-8×8,0.5mm pitch
Rated working voltage: 0.65V – 0.8V
Rated working frequency: 400MHz (typical)
Rated mining speed: ~25GHS@400MHz (typical)
Chip reference energy efficiency: 0.4~0.6W/G

Related documents:

Datasheet: http://downloads.canaan-creative.com/hardware/A3222/datasheet/
Reference design: http://downloads.canaan-creative.com/hardware/A3222/avalon4/
More information: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Avalon4

Avalon4 Parameters:

Chips: 40x Avalon4 A2322
Rated mining speed: 1300GH
Rated working voltage: 12V
Power consumption: 730W

This is not Bitsyncom(Yifu Guo) or his company Avalon. This product is designed, manufacturered and sold by engineers (ngzhang etc) who left his company and founded Canaan Creative, Ltd. in Beijing, China

Quote from: dogie
FAQ and Technical Support

Dogie's comprehensive setup guide in super HD!

Configuration (TL-WR703N)
Wiring:
  • Plug one 4 pin cable connected from the 4 pin header on the unit to the micro USB adapter.
  • Connect a micro USB to USB cable to the micro USB adapter, and then plug this into your controller.
  • More units can be added by plugging another 4 pin cable from the second unit to the first unit's other 4 pin header.
  • Plug in a /hCQilO]network cable from the WR703N to your router, and power it on.

Configuration:
  • Power on the power supply using its switch at the back.
  • Make sure or your router's subnet is 0, ie 192.168.0.x. If not then change it to 0, this is just temporary. ***If this is not possible, see below***
  • Using a browser, navigate to 192.168.0.100 - this goes to the WR703N's configuration page.
  • Login using "root" as the username.
  • Navigate to Network -> Interfaces -> WAN -> Edit.
  • Change protocol to DHCP and click "Save & Apply".
  • Using a browser, navigate to your router and find the IP it has assigned the WR703N and navigate to that IP.
  • Navigate to the page Status -> Miner Configuration. Enter your pool information in the below format.
  • Navigate to the page "Miner Status" to check mining has started.
  • You can then change your router subnet back to whatever you are used to using.

Alternative Subnet Change:
  • Unplug your computer from all internet sources.
  • Plug in an ethernet cable from the WR703N to your computer.
  • Navigate to Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Centre -> Change Adapter Settings.
  • Right click on your ethernet adapter -> Properties.
  • Click on "Internet Protocol Version 4" and click properties.
  • Select "Use the following IP address" and enter the following:
  • IP Address: 192.168.0.1, Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0, Default Gateway: 192.168.0.100.
  • Plug in an ethernet cable from the WR703N to you router.
  • Restart the configuration instructions as above.

Configuration (RaspberryPi)
Wiring:
  • Plug one 4 pin cable connected from the 4 pin header on the unit to the micro USB adapter.
  • Connect a micro USB to USB cable to the micro USB adapter, and then plug this into your controller.
  • More units can be added by plugging another 4 pin cable from the second unit to the first unit's other 4 pin header.
  • Plug in a /hCQilO]network cable from the WR703N to your router, and power it on.

Configuration:
  • Put the SD card into another computer.
  • /jtdHMl]Download the RasperryPi Avalon 4 OS image (sdcard-vfat-ext4.img)
  • /A22fj5]Download the Win32 Disk Imager and use it to flash SD card with this image.
  • Put SD card into RaspPi and power it on.
  • Power on the power supply using its switch at the back.
  • Make sure or your router's subnet is 0, ie 192.168.0.x. If not then change it to 0, this is just temporary. ***If this is not possible, see below***
  • Using a browser, navigate to 192.168.0.100 - this goes to the Raspberry Pi's configuration page.
  • Login using "root" as the username.
  • Navigate to Network -> Interfaces -> WAN -> Edit.
  • Change protocol to DHCP and click "Save & Apply".
  • Using a browser, navigate to your router and find the IP it has assigned the Raspberry Pi and navigate to that IP.
  • Navigate to the page Status -> Miner Configuration. Enter your pool information in the below format.
  • Navigate to the page "Miner Status" to check mining has started.
  • You can then change your router subnet back to whatever you are used to using.

Alternative Subnet Change:
  • Unplug your computer from all internet sources.
  • Plug in an ethernet cable from the Raspberry Pi to your computer.
  • Navigate to Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Centre -> Change Adapter Settings.
  • Right click on your ethernet adapter -> Properties.
  • Click on "Internet Protocol Version 4" and click properties.
  • Select "Use the following IP address" and enter the following:
  • IP Address: 192.168.0.1, Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0, Default Gateway: 192.168.0.100.
  • Plug in an ethernet cable from the Raspberry Pi to you router.
  • Restart the configuration instructions as above.

FAQ
ProblemSolution
What temperatures should I aim for?- Try to achieve <60C for long lifetimes. Temperatures should not be let to rise above 70C.
How can I tell what firmware version I have now?- Navigate to Status -> CGMiner API Log and look at "Firmware Version".
Where.can.I.find.the.latest.firmware.for.the.WR703N?- Download the latest firmware from /OC6TFg]here (the WR703N.bin).
Where can I find the latest firmware for the Pi?- Download the latest firmware from /jtdHMl]here (the sdcard-vfat-ext4.img).
How do I install the latest firmware?- Download firmware as above. Navigate to System -> Upgrade and click "browse". Select the
downloaded file and click "Flash image". Do NOT interrupt this process or you will brick the unit.
My.power.supply's.cables.are.braided.or.aren't.color.coded- See below diagram for pin-outs.
http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y530/dogiee/th_5_zps00eb3a34.png

Hello all,

Canaan Creative has employed me to help liaise with the community and later provide technical support. They have done this in order to help provide:

1) timely technical support
2) provide better feedback (if I don't know, I can find out from the people within CC who will)
3) provide product and sales input from you guys directly into the company. If something is going wrong, YOU can fix it
4) provide native English press releases.

This is a paid position, however it will in no way affect my independence or freedom in being critical towards Canaan Creative outside of this thread. My contract specifically stipulates:

Dogie will speak on behalf of Canaan Creative and will not criticize CC in these threads. Dogie still reserves the right to criticize CC in his other threads. Both parties acknowledge that this relationship has no impact whatsoever on CC’s rating or standing in “Dogie’s ‘Manufacturer Trustworthiness” thread.

This means I won't sit here and reply to every post saying CC is a scam, don't buy from CC etc etc, in this thread. It does NOT prohibit me from saying that in my own threads, if that is what I believe. It also has absolutely no impact on their rating in the Manufacturer trustworthiness thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:43:27 AM

Encapsulation: QFN56-8×8,0.5mm pitch
Rated working voltage: 0.65V – 0.8V
Rated working frequency: 400MHz (typical)
Rated mining speed: 25GHS@400MHz (typical)
Chip reference energy efficiency: 0.4~0.6W/G

Can you prove the stated performance?

bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 08:46:37 AM

2btc/TH ?
only chips?

omg, too much Smiley
MasterRadix

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:04:43 AM

Ahaha this must be a joke Cheesy
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:12:04 AM

2btc/TH ?
only chips?

omg, too much Smiley

whats wrong with that? By the time you build a PCB, receive chips, and assemble the entire thing you'll have a device that costs only 3BTC/TH by late october!

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:40:39 PM

Cheesy
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 02:10:39 PM

Scammers gonna scam  Roll Eyes 
J4bberwock

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 02:25:54 PM

2btc/TH ?
only chips?

omg, too much Smiley
With such a small quantity, they can be considered samples, so price isn't that bad.
Larger quantities can expect something like price at least cut in half I hope

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 02:28:03 PM

Hey 20 chips at 25GH/s each for a total of 500 GH/s and 1BTC.  Bargain folks!   Tongue

If you guys are too lazy to put together your own miners (end sarcasm), then just buy one:

290 GH/s for about $300.  Ehh, still not worth it.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 02:30:18 PM

Hey 20 chips at 25GH/s each for a total of 500 GH/s and 1BTC.  Bargain folks!   Tongue

If you guys are too lazy to put together your own miners (end sarcasm), then just buy one:

290 GH/s for about $300.  Ehh, still not worth it.

LOL who would trust these guys again anyways...
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 03:06:11 PM

For anyone who can't be bothered to use their brains, the prices are specifically high because they are SAMPLE chips. Its to discourage one developer buying more than they need which is unfair - Avalon will only have a tiny batch until their actual batches for SALE come in.

The more important thing is that the W/GH is moving down to 0.5 at chip (likely 0.7 system) which will push pressure on the BE200s. Hash rate density is up 4x on the last chips which is a great indicator that prices will be competitive with anything BE200 based.

bbxx

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 03:15:25 PM

For anyone who can't be bothered to use their brains, the prices are specifically high because they are SAMPLE chips. Its to discourage one developer buying more than they need which is unfair - Avalon will only have a tiny batch until their actual batches for SALE come in.

Hmm i think they should be free for established proven developers.
Such strategy is better for chips adoption.

jimrome

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:18:12 PM

Hey 20 chips at 25GH/s each for a total of 500 GH/s and 1BTC.  Bargain folks!   Tongue

290 GH/s for about $300.  Ehh, still not worth it.

LOL who would trust these guys again anyways...

Not surprising this thread gets shit on by the retard rabble within minutes of posting... Have any of you jackasses even looked into these products? Or who is making them? Of course not.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:23:22 PM

Scammers gonna scam  Roll Eyes 

Why do you think they have a new user? I propose to leave some negative trust ratings for OP!

marto74

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 04:29:08 PM

We'll order samples for sure Smiley
Will see where it goes

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 05:03:09 PM

The more important thing is that the W/GH is moving down to 0.5 at chip (likely 0.7 system) which will push pressure on the BE200s. Hash rate density is up 4x on the last chips which is a great indicator that prices will be competitive with anything BE200 based.

It just seems to me that they are a day late and a dollar short, in comparison to the BM1382 28nm powered finished hardware that has already dropped in price to BTC1.28/TH of mineable product, and quite likely drawing similar power.  Shouldn't they be rushing these chips out the door trying to play catch up, instead of charging more than retail for an un-developed product to keep these said developers in line?

I guess this means pre-orders should be opening up soon.

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 05:26:09 PM

We'll order samples for sure Smiley
Will see where it goes

Right in the shitter with so many more of your projects. How about giving people what they order before ramping up production on another DOA miner?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 05:32:30 PM

Hmm i think they should be free for established proven developers.
Such strategy is better for chips adoption.

They don't need better chip adoption, there is limited supply and they have to open it up as a level playing field. There are more developers than there are chips.

Asia has been busy buying 1,000,000s of Avalon chips while the forums have 'boycotted' them thinking its still Yifu when they quite simply don't care. This isn't the company Avalon, this isn't the company that did trade ins, this isn't the company that random batch 1 2 and 3. If people don't want to buy, they don't have to.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 05:35:07 PM

It just seems to me that they are a day late and a dollar short, in comparison to the BM1382 28nm powered finished hardware that has already dropped in price to BTC1.28/TH of mineable product, and quite likely drawing similar power.  Shouldn't they be rushing these chips out the door trying to play catch up, instead of charging more than retail for an un-developed product to keep these said developers in line?

I guess this means pre-orders should be opening up soon.
As with all Avalon products, this will likely be pin compatible with the last generation so you just drop it in and alter the power delivery. The density is higher than BM1382 and costs will be lower. Seriously what is so hard to understand that this is the initial super limited test batch? They're not holding volume back, if you want volume then wait for the actual reels to come in.

Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:26:42 PM

Asia has been busy buying 1,000,000s of Avalon chips while the forums have 'boycotted' them thinking its still Yifu when they quite simply don't care. This isn't the company Avalon, this isn't the company that did trade ins, this isn't the company that random batch 1 2 and 3. If people don't want to buy, they don't have to.

I got royally screwed by avalon but they aren't on my boycott list as I appreciate it's not Yifu anymore

Sadly all their products since then have been way overpriced/power hungry compared to the competition.

Time will tell if these new chips and the machines they spawn are worth buying.

And a note to any developers
Don't use a few chips clocked up to the max, use lots of chips at the lowest w/GH as that's where the market needs to go.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: