Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:23:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Muhammad a.k.a Mohammed actually exist ?  (Read 7736 times)
girlsgonebitcoin (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2012, 04:32:23 PM

so who , what , is mohamed?  defiantly isn't a person ? Is it a carrot ?  what is it  ? why can't anyone explain this ?

You "defiantly" be trollin'.

I will say that, though I am no religious scholar, I can asure you that Mohamed was not an "it", nor was he a carrot.

great insight.  Roll Eyes
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ean

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 04:39:16 PM

moses, adam, jesus, jacob are all well documented as existing

In the Bible? Where else?

Quote from: Douglas Adams
The World Wide Web is the only thing I know of whose shortened form takes three times longer to say than what it's short for
girlsgonebitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2012, 04:54:57 PM

that's the point they are actually mentioned we can't say the same about mohammed. You would think there would have been hundreds of articles , research papers around Mohammed?
Ean

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 05:28:54 PM

that's the point they are actually mentioned we can't say the same about mohammed. You would think there would have been hundreds of articles , research papers around Mohammed?

So your issue is that Muhammad is not in the Bible?

The World Wide Web is the only thing I know of whose shortened form takes three times longer to say than what it's short for
girlsgonebitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2012, 05:44:48 PM

So your issue is that Muhammad is not in the Bible?

Basically, there is nothing documenting Muhammad actually existed in whatever form you want to make up - prophet/messenger - the mailboy  .
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 07:47:13 PM

we should be fair, a person could say jacob / moses / jesus are only in the bible no where else, give me something else that shows they existed.
This is provably false, there are many manuscripts in many languages that have mention of these subjects, dating from the time that they existed.
You can go read them yourself in the Vatican City, but you will need (at the very least) a PhD and special permission.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Electricbees

Activity: 322

We are bees, and we hate you.

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 04:13:05 AM

I find threads like these incredibly disrespectful.
The logic is shitty, and all the OP tries to do is draw someone out and tell him he's wrong.
"I'm going to puke up a whole bunch of shitty arguments, and then wait for my opponent to slip up. Hilarity ensues."

Smooth moves, GGB. You get 2/10.

Donations are welcome!
1BEES19ds5gEnRBoU1qNFPfjRXe94trMG3
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 07:57:36 AM

we should be fair, a person could say jacob / moses / jesus are only in the bible no where else, give me something else that shows they existed.
This is provably false, there are many manuscripts in many languages that have mention of these subjects, dating from the time that they existed.
You can go read them yourself in the Vatican City, but you will need (at the very least) a PhD and special permission.

If this is true just more creepy shit out of the religious orgs. Once I was out of catholic school they stopped bothering me so whatever.

Senbonzakura, does the average muslim want to tell me what to believe, or just educate me about their beliefs in the hope I will find it worthy?
girlsgonebitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 03:36:28 PM

The logic is shitty, and all the OP tries to do is draw someone out and tell him he's wrong.
"I'm going to puke up a whole bunch of shitty arguments, and then wait for my opponent to slip up. Hilarity ensues."

Wtf you talking about. It's disrespectful to find the truth in something and not lies ?  Just because you don't like it then don't read it.
girlsgonebitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 03:38:47 PM

indeed, the OP hasn't used any good arguments, the only reason i responded was because of that link for robert spencer book , and I provided my own links against the argument.

if you want to discredit/criticize islam, there are better ways to do it and much better arguments to use than "mohamed didnt exist"

you haven't convinced me that mohamed doesnt exist and your arguments are not that good.

Unfortuantly, you didn't provide any facts on anything ? You just attacked with a islamaphobia links and wierd sites like looney something ....The links I looked at where protests to Robert Spencer which means nothing just shows people are unwilling to look at the facts because the truth hurts.  You keep referring to wikipedia and  Mohammed being #1  that doesn't mean he existed? Just shows a lot of people have been fooled.  Try to give some real facts.
girlsgonebitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 03:40:19 PM

If this is true just more creepy shit out of the religious orgs. Once I was out of catholic school they stopped bothering me so whatever.

Senbonzakura, does the average muslim want to tell me what to believe, or just educate me about their beliefs in the hope I will find it worthy?

You pretty much can get your answer by reading his responses. This is typical of most muslims is they immediately get defensive and post irrelevant information and try to tell you what to believe.
Ean

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 05:01:12 PM

Absence of proof is not proof of absence.

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 08:04:45 PM

Absence of proof is not proof of absence.
Yep, this is why I try my hardest not to get sucked in to an argument, although it gets difficult at times.

But I do find it... shall we say ...interesting... that nothing has been found to have been written or recorded about Mohammed during his lifetime or within a century thereafter. I dunno, maybe the manuscripts got burnt in a fire.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Electricbees

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 12:01:51 AM

Wtf you talking about. It's disrespectful to find the truth in something and not lies ?  Just because you don't like it then don't read it.

Alright, OP. Fuck you. Show me proof that you're right, and I'll leave you alone.
And don't come up in here with "I'm just making a discussion, not trying to prove anything,"
because you are doing something quite different.
Prove to all of us that your implied statement of "Mohammed didn't exist and Islam is bullshit," and we'll all go home and give this a rest.

Donations are welcome!
drakahn

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 02:58:52 AM

That is just it you can't claim something if it never existed - moses, adam, jesus, jacob are all well documented as existing

where now?

Jesus specifically, can you please find me some sort of proof he existed as a living human?

I do not believe Jesus Christ existed as man or god, and i am yet to see any evidence to the contrary.

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
girlsgonebitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 03:48:42 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2012, 03:59:22 AM by girlsgonebitcoin

That is just it you can't claim something if it never existed - moses, adam, jesus, jacob are all well documented as existing

where now?

Jesus specifically, can you please find me some sort of proof he existed as a living human?

I do not believe Jesus Christ existed as man or god, and i am yet to see any evidence to the contrary.

you are missing the point. There are many people who are researching, trying to document and asking questions in regards to Jesus  - thousands of historians to scholars to you name it have written papers around jesus and Christianity.

As for Islam/Mohammed nobody is bothering to do the same because guess what!?? there is NOTHING let me repeat NOTHING to go by or to reference because GUESS what!?? he never existed Huh don't you find this odd  that people find someone so influential and claim he existed but there is nothing in regards to him documented ? I mean when was the last time you heard of some islamic scholar  doing heavy research into Mohammed's existence on the same level of Christianity and jesus? Like NEVER.  Might be because that would be "offensive" to islam if you do so ( good excuse to avoid anyone doing research).  Then when you bring it up you are branded as a racist islomophia ?? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............
Electricbees

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 06:17:08 AM

where now?

you are missing the point. There are many people who are researching, trying to document and asking questions in regards to Jesus  - thousands of historians to scholars to you name it have written papers around jesus and Christianity.

As for Islam/Mohammed nobody is bothering to do the same because guess what!?? there is NOTHING let me repeat NOTHING to go by or to reference because GUESS what!?? he never existed Huh don't you find this odd  that people find someone so influential and claim he existed but there is nothing in regards to him documented ? I mean when was the last time you heard of some islamic scholar  doing heavy research into Mohammed's existence on the same level of Christianity and jesus? Like NEVER.  Might be because that would be "offensive" to islam if you do so ( good excuse to avoid anyone doing research).  Then when you bring it up you are branded as a racist islomophia ?? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............

God, someone who has a total idea of what's going on in muslim countries finally figured it out! Muslims aren't trying to prove their prophet existed! Therefore, he never existed! You heard it here, folks. We have ourselves a genius among us...

Donations are welcome!
Stardust

Activity: 189

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 06:40:16 AM

I never thought of this that Muhammad never existed. But I am skeptical that Abraham, Moses, or Jacob existed. For all we know Jews at that time were just a Canaanite tribe, they were never in Egypt as they fantasized.

Islam, Christianity, and Judaism are part of the same family of religions and technically, worship the same god: Allah/Jehovah/YHWH.  Allah/Jehovah/YHWH is a god of war, and this why those three are associated with wars and conquests. (don't take this too seriously) Smiley But do contrast those three with Buddhism.

There are peaceful offshoots from Christianity, Islam, and Judaism. Such as Gnosticism, Baha'i, Rosicrucianism, and Freemasonry.
bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 01:37:53 PM

What do you mean ? I am here discussing with GGB , I dont think any muslim would tell you what to believe, if you want to learn about islam then you can do so and ask a muslim questions.

Do you see in my responses anywhere where i have said to GGB to believe in something or force GGB to believe in something?

Well, then that's fine. I was more asking about the general culture, though, not you in particular. For example there are many christians who don't really care what others believe one way or the other, then there is a subset of evangelicals and brainwashers. In my experience ( mostly in the US midwest), the former far outweigh the latter although the latter have placed themselves in some positions of power.
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 02:29:23 PM

http://pjmedia.com/zombie/2012/04/23/book-review-did-muhammad-exist-by-robert-spencer/

Scholars have for centuries been pursuing clues to “the historical Jesus” — evidence that the religious figure now known as Jesus Christ actually once existed as a real person. There have been hundreds, if not thousands, of popular books, documentaries, television programs, magazine articles, research papers, films and more on the search for the “real” Jesus. While this investigation into the ultimate origins of Christianity may have once long ago been controversial, it is by now quite commonplace and accepted as a standard part of religious studies, even when the researchers conclude (as they often do) that the evidence for the historicity of Jesus is skimpy at best.

But no similar investigations have ever been conducted on the historicity of Muhammad (a.k.a. Mohammed, depending on the Arabic transliteration). Why not?

Most people assume that no one bothers to investigate whether or not Muhammad was a real person for the same reason that no one bothers to investigate the reality of other religious founders such as Joseph Smith or Martin Luther or Anton LaVey — because the evidence for their existence is overwhelming, well-documented and unquestioned. Regardless of whether or not Muhammad’s teachings were moral or useful, everyone, even the most hardened infidels, of course accepts that he must have existed. Right?

Well, actually, no.......

I have to ask.....

After seeing (or even reading) The DaVinci Code, did you suddenly become an expert (like the rest of the world, strangely enough at the time) and begin to openly debate 'The Holy Grail', Mary Magdalene, The Knights Templar and Tom Hank's hair piece ?

Can you prove that Tom Hank's hair piece in that film actually existed ?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: