Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:28:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Taking Woman to Mars?  (Read 3260 times)
Hufflepuff

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 05:29:24 AM

Why waste money to go on Mars? Scientists have already researched and provided enough proof that it is in fact a dead planet and there can't be a life there in future.
To prove you wrong about your opinion that there cannot be life on Mars in the future. A successful human colony in an environment as extreme as Mars would be a pretty big deal. I probably wouldn't want to live there though.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Squidoogeek

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 12:11:46 AM

OK, those of you who think this girl is some kind of idiot, how many of you invested in Bitcoin in 2009? You didn't, did you? I didn't because I didn't hear about it then, but I know people who didn't want to get involved in 2009 because they thought it would go nowhere and now they're kicking themselves. Would it really be too much to give this girl (and Mars One) a chance to actually do something worthwhile? Then you can maybe sell that bronze coin on eBay not too long after that rocket with her on it takes off for Mars.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3057

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 05:41:48 AM

Why waste money to go on Mars? Scientists have already researched and provided enough proof that it is in fact a dead planet and there can't be a life there in future.

Link?   Roll Eyes

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 05:47:12 AM

Link?   Roll Eyes
I think that Mars is an excellent candidate for terraforming. If we could raise the planet's temperature, extremely high in a short period of time, we can then focus on oxygenating it, but before that, artificially creating a magnetosphere.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Ruthful

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 07:25:04 AM

Are these guys serious? Do they even have a  economical enough propulsion system for their spacecraft?Do they know that human can't survive very long in space without debilitating effects?How do they intend to keep these humans "functional" for the entire 5-9 month(based on current and projected technology for the next 5 years) trip?

bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 11:15:08 AM

well that would be the perfect life...a world of bitcoin with no women... Cool Cool

4onesea

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 12:40:10 PM

well that would be the perfect life...a world of bitcoin with no women... Cool Cool

I would never live in a world without women, who will clean the bathroom? Cheesy
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 01:41:06 PM

Link?   Roll Eyes
I think that Mars is an excellent candidate for terraforming. If we could raise the planet's temperature, extremely high in a short period of time, we can then focus on oxygenating it, but before that, artificially creating a magnetosphere.

That job belongs to asteroids and comets. Wink

Speaking of which ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C/2013_A1

commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 02:50:23 PM

Are these guys serious? Do they even have a  economical enough propulsion system for their spacecraft?Do they know that human can't survive very long in space without debilitating effects?How do they intend to keep these humans "functional" for the entire 5-9 month(based on current and projected technology for the next 5 years) trip?

Humans have lived in space for slightly more than a year and survived. A Russian Cosmonaut named Valeriy Poliyakov set the record for longest space flight with a time of 437 days 17 hours 58 minutes and 16 seconds and he lived. (I can site sources too! Here's a link to a blurb about him at the International Space Hall of Fame: http://www.nmspacemuseum.org/halloffame/detail.php?id=132) Space flight is probably never going to be as cheap as making paper airplanes, but it can be done for a lot cheaper than people seem to think. In fact, there are people trying to bring the cost per person down. Elon Musk thinks he can bring the cost per person down to no more than relatively wealthy people might pay for a good house in a good neighborhood. (See this interview: http://www.wired.com/2012/11/elon-musk-mars-colony/) The entire Mars One plan of sending 40 people to Mars could cost in the neighborhood of $40-60 billion if you calculate for the fact that the first crew of four is going to cost $6 billion. (http://www.mars-one.com/faq/finance-and-feasibility/how-much-does-the-mission-cost)
valein1

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:40:37 PM

To Mars??? To Moon!!!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZQCkjVKy_I     Grin
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:43:47 PM

To Mars??? To Moon!!!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZQCkjVKy_I     Grin

Why not both?
Ruthful

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 05:12:13 PM

Humans have lived in space for slightly more than a year and survived. A Russian Cosmonaut named Valeriy Poliyakov set the record for longest space flight with a time of 437 days 17 hours 58 minutes and 16 seconds and he lived. (I can site sources too! Here's a link to a blurb about him at the International Space Hall of Fame: http://www.nmspacemuseum.org/halloffame/detail.php?id=132) Space flight is probably never going to be as cheap as making paper airplanes, but it can be done for a lot cheaper than people seem to think. In fact, there are people trying to bring the cost per person down. Elon Musk thinks he can bring the cost per person down to no more than relatively wealthy people might pay for a good house in a good neighborhood. (See this interview: http://www.wired.com/2012/11/elon-musk-mars-colony/) The entire Mars One plan of sending 40 people to Mars could cost in the neighborhood of $40-60 billion if you calculate for the fact that the first crew of four is going to cost $6 billion. (http://www.mars-one.com/faq/finance-and-feasibility/how-much-does-the-mission-cost)

Yes ,I'm very aware of Valeriy Poliyakov (the guy's a legend after all).But the fact remains that being in space is extremely detrimental(muscle and bone loss, ambient radiation, neurological and microbiological concern etc) to the human body.Unlike Earth bound landing ,there wouldn't be any ground crew to assist/rehabilitate the first settlers so they need to make them at least as fit as Poliyakov when he made landfall(he still struggled with the few yards despite his intensive off time workout regimen) or ship some very good support facilities(which they intend to do) beforehand(and hope it doesn't break midway) .I'll be wary of of the stated numbers too, cost overrun is still pretty much   almost certain with endeavours like this.Not to say that that the minimum cost of 6 billion USD is chump changes either.

My problem is their website is very shy on divulging the details of the technology(and breakthroughs) needed to support this venture and this project is very much unprecedented in terms of scale and challenges that demands addressing.Till they reveal more, I guess.
Keyser Soze

Activity: 470

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 05:38:24 PM

Yes ,I'm very aware of Valeriy Poliyakov (the guy's a legend after all).But the fact remains that being in space is extremely detrimental(muscle and bone loss, ambient radiation, neurological and microbiological concern etc) to the human body.Unlike Earth bound landing ,there wouldn't be any ground crew to assist/rehabilitate the first settlers so they need to make them at least as fit as Poliyakov when he made landfall(he still struggled with the few yards despite his intensive off time workout regimen) or ship some very good support facilities(which they intend to do) beforehand(and hope it doesn't break midway) .I'll be wary of of the stated numbers too, cost overrun is still pretty much   almost certain with endeavours like this.Not to say that that the minimum cost of 6 billion USD is chump changes either.

My problem is their website is very shy on divulging the details of the technology(and breakthroughs) needed to support this venture and this project is very much unprecedented in terms of scale and challenges that demands addressing.Till they reveal more, I guess.

The $6 billion figure is also seen by many as an unrealistically low number, possibly by 1-2 orders of magnitude. According to their site, they have taken in roughly $633k in donations so they have a long ways to go...
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 07:41:04 PM

is this serious??

is she so super intelligent that she appears umm, mental?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRrG-rQieck

Okay, wait a minute now! You telling me that MarsOne did a medical test on Heidi and she passed. Let me guess. The gal in this video didn't quite make the cut: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaxECcTjCuw Ironically, according to rumors, the dude from Spain sitting in front of her is still in the running to be the astronaut.

The only saving grace is that this guy well be at the helm of MarsOne mission control: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p3c4viNMNk

Here's the clip of people in line to donor sperm to be carried on MarsOne to populate the planet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voeg_BenJvY
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 08:17:39 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2014, 08:28:01 PM by subSTRATA

Mars One is a non-profit organization based in the Netherlands that has put forward conceptual plans to establish a permanent human colony on Mars by 2025.

What a relief, I just started questioning my sanity. That really helped - I am actualy very sane, thanks!  Grin

"It will pass Mars at a relative velocity of 56 km/s (35 mi/s)."

Now that would be a ride of a lifetime, is anyone selling tickets?

I actualy might not be very sane.  Grin

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
aljunking

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:00:30 AM

This guy above me is 100% virgin.  Roll Eyes
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 04:06:49 AM

Mars One is a non-profit organization based in the Netherlands that has put forward conceptual plans to establish a permanent human colony on Mars by 2025.

What a relief, I just started questioning my sanity. That really helped - I am actualy very sane, thanks!  Grin

I actualy might not be very sane.  Grin

I bought mine from this guy. Tongue

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:37:00 AM

What a relief, I just started questioning my sanity. That really helped - I am actualy very sane, thanks!  Grin

I actualy might not be very sane.  Grin

I bought mine from this guy. Tongue

Did you use FaceCoin (FACE)?
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:41:38 AM

The $6 billion figure is also seen by many as an unrealistically low number, possibly by 1-2 orders of magnitude. According to their site, they have taken in roughly $633k in donations so they have a long ways to go...
I agree. It costs billions to run the international space station and to send people to/from it and the international space station is very close to earth. Each additional mile that needs to be traveled in space will be more expensive then the last because of the added weight (when on earth) and the need to have all the supplies on the spacecraft when it leaves earth.
BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:04:00 AM

Do you mean it?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: