April 23, 2024, 01:50:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: No Current Poll
NA - 0 (0%)
NA - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 109 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FoldingCoin - MINE FOR MEDICINE- PHASE 2.0  (Read 473621 times)
SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 10:58:29 AM

Hello

you don't need to send BTC to anyone
you can fold with the team (or use a compatible username) and earn FLDC
joining LetsTalkBitcoin forum is only optional

http://davidsterry.com/blog/2014/10/easy-guide-to-earn-foldingcoin/
http://foldingcoin.net/index.php/resources/step-step/

Mining for Medicine looks like a good concept.
It is something that was very attractive to me once i first turned off my rigs in March due to the ASIC scrypts. It gives a chance for your energy not to be wasted either. We believe that we could potentially triple the FAH network with all the altcoin miners out there who can no longer turn a profit with GPU mining on altcoins. We are calling it "proof of useful work"

hello ,i want to join the tream.
i have counterwallet,and  download the "Folding@home".
so  need to send some BTC to u  ,so i get the qualify to participate?

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FoldingCoin (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 12:53:03 AM

It seems like the feedback is generally positive about this new paying other teams. We still would like another system but you guys are right, it would not be that transparent without the address being in there. But let me ask this:

If we could somehow develop software as an extension to the FAH client to add your address, we would loss the transparency of the address being in the name. What would we need to do in order to keep it transparent still in that scenario? Would making the emails public be sufficient, or are there foreseeable problems there? (also we are still researching this, we are not sure if it is even possible yet)

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
Eddie_03

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 01:36:32 AM

i noticed a posting on twitters FAH saying "distribution was complete", i have my desktop & laptop running FAH clients 24/7  Grin

now i check LetsTalkBitcoin for deposit updates and im noticing also the amounts dwindling as well  Undecided .

I 1st contributed for Ripples, and now FLDC but for ripple i NEVER noticed/logged into  my wallet to realize i wasnt accumulating anymore since May when i checked in September  Huh Cry and wasted alot of electricity unfortunately.

So im looking to confirm what im reading on twitter updates:
Is folding earnings going to continue ? And if so, for how long incase the FAH project was a MAJOR success than anticipated ?  Cheesy Grin Grin
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 03:49:19 PM

i noticed a posting on twitters FAH saying "distribution was complete", i have my desktop & laptop running FAH clients 24/7  Grin

now i check LetsTalkBitcoin for deposit updates and im noticing also the amounts dwindling as well  Undecided .

I 1st contributed for Ripples, and now FLDC but for ripple i NEVER noticed/logged into  my wallet to realize i wasnt accumulating anymore since May when i checked in September  Huh Cry and wasted alot of electricity unfortunately.

So im looking to confirm what im reading on twitter updates:
Is folding earnings going to continue ? And if so, for how long incase the FAH project was a MAJOR success than anticipated ?  Cheesy Grin Grin

Payments have continued since day one and we haven't missed one yet Cheesy but just because I'm a little unclear about your comment, are you having problems receiving payments? If so please post your address you use to fold an I will have a look.

Also the amount has been dwindling everyday since we have gained more folders. This works similar to the BTC dofficulty in which the more folders we have, the less each person makes. We take 500,000 and divide it by the total credits FLDC members have done. When we started we did about 600,000 FAH credit a day so you would get paid about 1 FLDC per FAH credit, now we do about 8.6 million FAH credits so you receive about 0.06 FLDC per FAH credit

FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 06:20:18 PM

It seems like the feedback is generally positive about this new paying other teams. We still would like another system but you guys are right, it would not be that transparent without the address being in there. But let me ask this:

If we could somehow develop software as an extension to the FAH client to add your address, we would loss the transparency of the address being in the name. What would we need to do in order to keep it transparent still in that scenario? Would making the emails public be sufficient, or are there foreseeable problems there? (also we are still researching this, we are not sure if it is even possible yet)

I think you need the opt-in confirmation coming through the FAH servers somehow. Then, you need the user to address mapping to be publicly known for each payout so that others can check the project's math. With the limitations I see in the daily user summary text file (is there a better file?), I think you're doing the best you can except, I think you must make sure that all payouts go to users with the payout address in their FAH username. Being on the FoldingCoin team is not enough for third-party auditing.

Does someone maintain an archive of the past statistics in case someone wants to do an audit themselves? I guess an interested party could just follow your documented process on an ongoing basis if they are interested.
We have all the past distributions and past addresses used to distribute here http://foldingcoin.net/index.php/project/distribution-history/

For an in depth look at the amounts of coins sent each day by address go here http://foldingcoin.net/FLDC-Daily-Payout-Summaries/completeHistory.html

We will work on getting something more GUI friendly, but all the information is there and someone could go through it and confirm that no shady business has occured, but to get something that looks like http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=226728 it will take time, but very doable Smiley

There are currently 2 devs that put in about 25-30 hours a week and 2 devs that put in 5-15 hours a week so things can take a little longer. Winter is the slow season for me and it is coming up, so i hope to be able to put in about 70 hours a week doing FLDC, so a lot should get done this winter Smiley

SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:25:47 AM

I didn't know that when changing the name I will have so low PPD
now need to wait 2 days (at least) until i will get back to my PPD rate.. i think after 10 WUs

also watch out when copying the username + passkey from folding@home's email
I copied it with a 'newline' in the end of the user name. so my user didn't get any credit until i saw it and fixed

so i have 2 days of very low PPD, all the WUs returned quick so science was still going Cheesy

ChristianVirtual

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 12:34:22 PM

now need to wait 2 days (at least) until i will get back to my PPD rate.. i think after 10 WUs

That's what I mentioned in my last post above. Change name and passkey reset your bonus eligibility. And as you mentioned: 10 WU finished with the new passkey plus 80% success rate.
Nothing one do too often. And donors higher in the ranks loosing their position. Good thing: this team/coin is new, not much damage. The current names don't really have "personality"; most can't remember those. Plus myself would not change. Don't  want to loose my history ...
SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 12:52:57 PM

That's what I mentioned in my last post above. Change name and passkey reset your bonus eligibility. And as you mentioned: 10 WU finished with the new passkey plus 80% success rate.
Nothing one do too often. And donors higher in the ranks loosing their position. Good thing: this team/coin is new, not much damage. The current names don't really have "personality"; most can't remember those. Plus myself would not change. Don't  want to loose my history ...

i'm still far away from my FLDC holding goal
this brings me back, and i was starting to get some really good PPD days (one day 300k with 2 GPUs)
not much damage done because I still sent WUs to Stanford.

but this fun, and i can confirm that the new naming method works

it can be fun if we choose funny names and big miners spread among random nice teams (and show up in their top folders stats)

alicea

Activity: 1050
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 08:10:28 PM

This is the place where you want to trade FoldingCoin:
logging into counterwallet after some days
You appear to be logged into Counterwallet elsewhere. It's not safe to be logged into the same wallet account from multiple devices at the same time. If you are sure that this is not the case, press Continue. Otherwise, please press Cancel, logout from your other device, and try again.
Got an error when trying to sync BTC balances: JSON-RPC Error:
Type: Server error
Code: -32000
Message: Got get_url request error: [Errno 24] Too many open files
Strange. Not logged from other devices because I use only my laptop to do such things. Logging from 1 physical machine and place (with a public IP) only, because I sprained my ankle and I'm unable to move my laptop anywhere.
Is the counterwallet a scam?

I'm repeating the question.

Are you planning other exchanges?

I'm getting the same error on Counterwallet and the advices that could be found on the net tell to click "continue" LOL or wait "some time" in patience and "try again". The most probable explanation is their bug.

But in the meantime tried to create a support ticket (the situation lasts too long) and received:
failoverAPI: Call failed (failed over across all servers). Method: create_support_case; Last error: JSON-RPC Error:

That's why I'm asking again: has Foldingcoin any plans to appear on serious exchanges?

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 10:51:01 PM

This is the place where you want to trade FoldingCoin:
logging into counterwallet after some days
You appear to be logged into Counterwallet elsewhere. It's not safe to be logged into the same wallet account from multiple devices at the same time. If you are sure that this is not the case, press Continue. Otherwise, please press Cancel, logout from your other device, and try again.
Got an error when trying to sync BTC balances: JSON-RPC Error:
Message: Got get_url request error: [Errno 24] Too many open files
Strange. Not logged from other devices because I use only my laptop to do such things. Logging from 1 physical machine and place (with a public IP) only, because I sprained my ankle and I'm unable to move my laptop anywhere.
Is the counterwallet a scam?

I'm repeating the question.

Are you planning other exchanges?

I'm getting the same error on Counterwallet and the advices that could be found on the net tell to click "continue" LOL or wait "some time" in patience and "try again". The most probable explanation is their bug.

But in the meantime tried to create a support ticket (the situation lasts too long) and received:
failoverAPI: Call failed (failed over across all servers). Method: create_support_case; Last error: JSON-RPC Error:

That's why I'm asking again: has Foldingcoin any plans to appear on serious exchanges?
Of course we are trying to get on the bigger exchanges, there are just limitations with many of them supporting XCP coins.

However i have been really pleased with https://masterxchange.com (which is funny because at the time of writing their website is currently down) and FLDC have been trading on there pretty actively recently. The CP exchange is horrible and slow, but Masterxchange works just like a traditional exchange. Also we are almost on https://crypto-trade.com/voting but we need a few more votes to be able to be traded on their. So go and give us a vote Smiley

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 11:04:10 AM

https://masterxchange.com/market.php?currency=xcpfldc is back up and working, go there to buy and sell FLDC, its a pretty good exchange and much better than the CP built in exchange

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:32:01 AM

James had to spend today fixing a bug that we found in the new distribution code. What it was doing, is if you had been using an address that you used before, or that you are using on 2 different teams, then the distribution calculator would actually pay you your overall FAH credits on that account. So James was getting paid 1.5 million FAH credits worth from oct 17-19 and we caught it soon enough to were i only got 74000 FAH credits for free.

We have fixed the bug and have gone through all the last 4 days worth of payouts to make sure nobody else was affected by this and we have confirmed that only me and james were getting the bonuses. We went ahead and sent all the FLDC we received back to a new distribution address http://blockscan.com/address.aspx?q=19r9NGYbPDFQRRozUDkuWpSTURa9fCwEKe that will then be sent out to the distribution server address http://blockscan.com/address.aspx?q=1GnqL1Ljc3CahMZFZyQPEifq6ayQ3cfW6h to distribute all lost funds from James and me getting unearned FAH credits.

We have a complete breakdown of how we figured out what everyone lost. Basically we removed ourselves from any earnings over the 3 days that the bug was active and redid the calculations. we then took the difference of what everyone was paid and what they should have been paid (without me and james on there) and sent the difference to the addresses. here is the excel file http://foldingcoin.net/index.php/download_file/view/43/143/

This is why the distribution was late today, we wanted to make sure that the bug is completely gone and James has eradicated it. I am just now sending out both the reimbursement pay and the 10/20 pay. Looks like the LTB distribution server is down again tonight so look for these payments in the morning. Sorry this was the first missed day of distribution but we had to make sure everything was alright. Please as always let us know if there are any other issues and/or bugs that you catch. We caught this one super early so that is a good thing Smiley

SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:21:27 AM

are you ex-military ?
"if it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is."  Smiley

so the new name_FLDC_address will work correctly only if using a different address in each team ?
and not allowed to use the original address (the one before adding _FLDC_)

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 12:24:18 PM

are you ex-military ?

so the new name_FLDC_address will work correctly only if using a different address in each team ?
Thats correct, (and your comments funny Cheesy )

We are still working on some other solutions but that is what we have now.

SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 01:42:39 PM

are you ex-military ?

Thats correct, (and your comments funny Cheesy )

We are still working on some other solutions but that is what we have now.

good enough for me .. !

good luck

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:39:08 PM

Just as an FYI, the dstribution went very well this morning and no signs of the bug that was paying way to much for an address being used. Just to clarify what you cannot do:

You cannot fold for 2 different teams using the same FLDC address, you can still use the same username example "PookTwo_FLDC_....." But the address at the end must be different. if you do, then the code will only look at the team you are most profitable on and disregard the other team

If you want to add a username to the beginning of your FLDC address (if you have been doing it the old way) you must use a new FLDC address, but once again you DO NOT have to change your name.

I would like to have our own stats page sometime in the future that will go over all the Credits FLDC members have gotten. This would allow us to attach your own username to your existing addresses that you have been folding on. It will never show up on the Stanford page, but it would show up on our folding stats page. More to come from this in the future. Thanks everybody!

Eddie_03

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 07:40:47 PM

Just as an FYI, the dstribution went very well this morning and no signs of the bug that was paying way to much for an address being used. Just to clarify what you cannot do:

You cannot fold for 2 different teams using the same FLDC address, you can still use the same username example "PookTwo_FLDC_....." But the address at the end must be different. if you do, then the code will only look at the team you are most profitable on and disregard the other team

If you want to add a username to the beginning of your FLDC address (if you have been doing it the old way) you must use a new FLDC address, but once again you DO NOT have to change your name.

I would like to have our own stats page sometime in the future that will go over all the Credits FLDC members have gotten. This would allow us to attach your own username to your existing addresses that you have been folding on. It will never show up on the Stanford page, but it would show up on our folding stats page. More to come from this in the future. Thanks everybody!

Hi there, so i've been participating with FLDC for some time and i just attached my laptop to the FAH client about a week/2 ago.

i dont believe i seperated the 2nd computer to a new address, so i believe the payout issue applies to me which is why i wanna ask for a bit more clarity:

in my FAH Control clients advanced option, i can see my:

Identity - [Name] "37d9blahCounterPartyAdressBlah389dn" & [Team] 226728

So should i create a NEW address on counter party platform and peg my computer's CPU output to that new address in order to fix the payout issue ? i wanna be sure my desktop is being accounted for and my laptop properly.
and lastly i can leave the Team/group to anything i want ?  much thanks, i LOVE coins with purpose ! 
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:21:15 PM

Hi there, so i've been participating with FLDC for some time and i just attached my laptop to the FAH client about a week/2 ago.

i dont believe i seperated the 2nd computer to a new address, so i believe the payout issue applies to me which is why i wanna ask for a bit more clarity:

So should i create a NEW address on counter party platform and peg my computer's CPU output to that new address in order to fix the payout issue ? i wanna be sure my desktop is being accounted for and my laptop properly.
and lastly i can leave the Team/group to anything i want ?  much thanks, i LOVE coins with purpose ! 

It only affects you if you are not on the team 226728, the bug was from the new implementation to allow outside members to be able to receive FLDC by making their names "PookTwo_FLDC_13gHyt....." If you are just putting your CP address and going on team 226728, there is no issue Smiley

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:24:11 PM

Just read your second part, YES you can leave the team now and still earn FLDC Smiley

If you do this you NEED a new address, and make your name like "Eddie03_FLDC_13gyThi....." its important that you use the UN_FLDC_ in front of the NEW address. Also if you wish to fold on 2 different teams, both teams you are on can have the same prefix "Eddie03_FLDC_" but each team you are on needs to have 2 seperate FLDC addresses. Does this answer all your questions Smiley Thanks!

Eddie_03

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 05:46:02 AM

Just read your second part, YES you can leave the team now and still earn FLDC Smiley

If you do this you NEED a new address, and make your name like "Eddie03_FLDC_13gyThi....." its important that you use the UN_FLDC_ in front of the NEW address. Also if you wish to fold on 2 different teams, both teams you are on can have the same prefix "Eddie03_FLDC_" but each team you are on needs to have 2 seperate FLDC addresses. Does this answer all your questions Smiley Thanks!

Yes everything absolutely covers what i wanted to be sure of. i barely comment much but i do ALOT of reading and research so i pull a "satoshi N." once in awhile when i need assistance.  Cheesy

Ill just leave my team the same and point to the same C.P. addy, im still noticing the deposits on LetsTalkBitcoin as i check daily, so i have no worries. I appreciate the solid help  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 109 »
  Print  

Jump to: