April 16, 2024, 09:16:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: No Current Poll
NA - 0 (0%)
NA - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FoldingCoin - MINE FOR MEDICINE- PHASE 2.0  (Read 473620 times)
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 09:02:11 AM

Anyone know when "next distribution" counter normally gets reset? It's been on all zeros since the last on a few days ago.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eeeooommm

Activity: 104
Merit: 31

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 12:34:10 PM

Anyone know when "next distribution" counter normally gets reset? It's been on all zeros since the last on a few days ago.

Sorry for that. We are in the process of updating the whole website. FYI, distributions are done the 1st Saturday/Sunday of each month.
I will let the team know about the counter though.
Thanks a lot for the info Wink

FoldingCoin (FLDC) Community Manager
Found as "raptorf1" in all other channels
heunland

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:03:29 AM

Guys,  don´t forget the FOLDERPEPE merged folding promotion is still ongoing! This is a reward program for our most dedicated long-time folders. You can find the rules how to participate here:

http://foldingcoin.net/2016/11/folderpepe-dedicated-folder-special-rewards-announcement/

Happy Folding!

P.S. please email foldingcoin.net@gmail.com to get an invite tojoin  the Foldingcoin Slack, we had to make it invite only because of all the scam bots trying to join our slack!
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:51:18 AM

Guys,  don´t forget the FOLDERPEPE merged folding promotion is still ongoing!...
You mean the token that costs more to multiply relist, trying to sell it, than you can sell it for?  Cheesy

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:45:05 AM

Guys,  don´t forget the FOLDERPEPE merged folding promotion is still ongoing!...
You mean the token that costs more to multiply relist, trying to sell it, than you can sell it for?  Cheesy

That's been ALL of the "extra bonus" tokens that have been distributed with FoldingCoin.
 That would be a lot less of an issue if they would drop usage of that bloody ripoff Counterparty garbage.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
heunland

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:09:34 AM

That's been ALL of the "extra bonus" tokens that have been distributed with FoldingCoin.
 That would be a lot less of an issue if they would drop usage of that bloody ripoff Counterparty garbage.

I sent out all my recent TX (28 of them) with miners fees of between 1 and 6 sat/byte. Which makes for a maximum total fee of 0.0000159 BTC per TX. I can assure you that you can sell FOLDERPEPE for more than that. The latest orders were filled at 1800 Pepecash per FOLDERPEPE 4 days ago. At the time that was $18 a card. Sorry but it looks to me you don´t know how to use the proper fees. If you pay more than a few satoshis per byte it´s your own election to do so, noone forces you to overpay fees.
heunland

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:16:12 AM

See my answer here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.msg21682743#msg21682743

Putting up a sell order on the DEX should not cost more than 0.00003 BTC at the most, unless you decide to place the order during high mempool saturation times. Had you placed an order at any time during last week with that size fee, it would have confirmed within 2 hours at the most. All my sends last weekend confirmed within 2 blocks, and a bunch of these were sent with 1 sat/byte fee.  I don´t think spending a few cents to list a card is too much when you can sell it at 18-20 USD.
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:53:59 AM

Putting up a sell order on the DEX should not cost more than 0.00003 BTC at the most...
Yeah, no.
Quote from: Counterwallet
Due to Bitcoin fees, each Counterparty action requires approximately 0.0005 BTC to perform.
That fee is per week and more than 16 times greater than what you're claiming; meanwhile, only 9 have ever sold with a market volume of ~3 selling every 3rd month :/

Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
heunland

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:15:45 PM

Putting up a sell order on the DEX should not cost more than 0.00003 BTC at the most...
Yeah, no.
Quote from: Counterwallet
Due to Bitcoin fees, each Counterparty action requires approximately 0.0005 BTC to perform.
That fee is per week and more than 16 times greater than what you're claiming; meanwhile, only 9 have ever sold with a market volume of ~3 selling every 3rd month :/

The approximate fee quoted on Counterwallet is from the times when the mempool was very saturated, and errs on the high side so to assure noobies don´t send TX with a too low fee during times when in fact that would have resulted in your TX to get stuck for a long time. Newsflash: Segwit is implemented, spammers have reduced their mempool spamming activities, and there is a custom fee option that lets you use much lower fees, if you know how to properly calculate them.

Please check the last 20+ outgoing TX from 7 days ago from the FOLDERPEPE issuing address https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/address/174pxDPP2ndXDVAzVEmERGMDh8eeCSwRQm/transactions and verify for yourself what were the fees paid for each of those TXs. There is no such thing as "fee per week", fees are paid per TX in sat/byte. Each TX was 264 bytes in size. You do the math. Also noone ever claimed that you would be able to sell big volumes of cards of a 600 card issue. If you don´t want to participate, noone is forcing you to. We have plenty of people participating every month that are happy to contribute to finding cures to diseases like Parkinson, Alzheimer, Cancer, Diabetes, HIV and more. I suppose you don´t have any relatives suffering from any of those diseases that may benefit from Folding@Home research and your interest only lies in benefitting yourself and not others, but bashing a registered non-for-profit project for not making you rich is about as low as it gets.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:24:45 PM

I sent out all my recent TX (28 of them) with miners fees of between 1 and 6 sat/byte. Which makes for a maximum total fee of 0.0000159 BTC per TX. I can assure you that you can sell FOLDERPEPE for more than that. The latest orders were filled at 1800 Pepecash per FOLDERPEPE 4 days ago. At the time that was $18 a card. Sorry but it looks to me you don´t know how to use the proper fees. If you pay more than a few satoshis per byte it´s your own election to do so, noone forces you to overpay fees.

SInce when does Counterparty give you an OPTION to pay less than their normal RIPOFF level of fees?

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
heunland

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:39:42 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2017, 07:54:51 PM by heunland

Guys,  don´t forget the FOLDERPEPE merged folding promotion is still ongoing!...
You mean the token that costs more to multiply relist, trying to sell it, than you can sell it for?  Cheesy

SInce when does Counterparty give you an OPTION to pay less than their normal RIPOFF level of fees?

There are options to pay the normal or low fee, or specify your own Custom Fee, on Counterwallet and freewallet.io this has been possible for many months now, on other wallets such as rarepepewallet.com it has always been possible. Book of orbs also offers different fee options, you would have to ask the folks at Indiesquare how long this has been possible, I don´t remember exactly when they added that feature. Pretty much all the wallets started offering flexible fees when high mempool saturation levels became a problem. People that keep current with Counterparty news already were aware of that.

FYI if any of these wallets indicate that you need to pay an unreasonably high fee, that is because your wallet address that you are sending from has a high number of BTC dust inputs left from prior TXs which would inflate the size of your TX requiring higher fees. This can be easily remedied by sending to the address in question an amount of BTC equal to the total BTC you currently have in it. That way, once this new BTC input is in your wallet, the fee can be taken from 1 single input instead of consisting of a bunch of dust inputs, and the total size of the resulting TX in bytes will be significantly smaller. The wallet will no longer indicate that you need to send an exorbitant fee as soon as you have the extra amount of BTC in the address. So with one send of extra BTC into your wallet you will have sufficient BTC available to send many TXs in the future with a low fee. Also, there are ways to sweep all your dust BTC inputs into a single one, but that is something only advanced users should attempt to do. Counterparty devs are already addressing this problem in one of the CIPs that is being implemented very soon and will alleviate this problem.
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:48:43 PM

@Helene
As usual, you show your refusal to read the actual words people are using (as well as your female equivalent of fanboy status).  Roll Eyes

You're confusing the "cost to transfer" and the "cost to trade".  Angry

heunland

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 09:54:24 PM

@Helene
As usual, you show your refusal to read the actual words people are using (as well as your female equivalent of fanboy status).  Roll Eyes

You're confusing the "cost to transfer" and the "cost to trade".  Angry

As usual, you show your refusal to accept the fact that you are unfamiliar with how trading on the Counterparty DEX works. Placing a sell or buy order also is just like sending any other BTC-based counterparty TX with the corresponding miners fee. Please inspect any trading pair on the DEX in Counterwallet and notice that the same Bitcoin fee button you can find when setting up a send TX in counterwallet also exists on the form where you place your buy and sell TRADING orders. The button lets you choose between "Normal Priority", "Low Priority (Cheaper)" and "Custom Fee". Before placing an order, you need to first consult the current state of mempool saturation to verify what fee in sat/byte will result in your order being confirmed within the desired time frame (same as when making a regular send TX). You choose the fee that is adequate to get your order posted on the DEX within the desired number of blocks. So according to in how much of a hurry you are, you choose the minimum amount in sat/bytes to accomplish the task. Not exactly rocket science, but apparently needed to be explained as some people are not aware of how it works.

Fun fact: an order placed on the DEX results in a Bitcoin transaction of size 257 bytes, which is smaller than a regular token sending TX (264 bytes minimum if using a single input TX). So taking that into consideration, the resulting total bitcoin fee for placing a DEX order will actually be even SMALLER than what I stated earlier about regular sending TXs. Sorry to break it to you, but cost to trade on counterparty is cheaper than cost to send a regular TX. And regarding your poor attempt at labeling me "female equivalent of fanboy" let me enlighten you: I am the official social media representative of Foldingcoin.
leoirssi

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:07:07 PM

Hi,

I get "Internal Server Error" when I try to generate passkey on link below:

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/getpasskey.py
Hou5e

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:13:03 PM

Hi,

I get "Internal Server Error" when I try to generate passkey on link below:

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/getpasskey.py

That does happen for a period of time. Try back later (4-6 hours), or tomorrow and it should be working again.
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 12:23:01 AM

...[blibbidy bla bla]...

Care to try again....

Also note: the "Highest bid price" is feken 0! Roll Eyes

xiaobei

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 01:00:57 AM

Hello everyone, FLDC information is currently where the main discussion, I would like to know the status of the project

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
DeepOnion 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
heunland

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:58:35 AM

...[blibbidy bla bla]...

Care to try again....

Try again yourself, this time specifying the fee in satoshi/byte. It is specified right there highlighed in yellow by yourself, the field that you put the wrong number into is asking for a fee in sat/byte. So the smallest number would be 1 sat/byte as you cannot specify fractions of a satoshi. Let me give you an example to illustrate as you appear to have difficulty following the instructions.

Look at the mempool saturation level here https://jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#2h

I see that for the last couple of blocks, all the TXs with fees of at least 5 sat/bytes were confirmed. To be on the safe side, I decide to send my TX with a 11 sat/byte fee to have a good chance it will get into the next block. I go to place the order on the DEX and I type the number "11" into the custom fee field; the one you incorrectly filled with "0.00003" in your example since you ignored the part that you highlighted in yellow saying the fee should be in terms of satoshis per byte, and not the total btc fee that will result after taking the size of the transaction into account. Assuming that size will be around 257 bytes, the resulting total fee will be 11 * 257 = 2827 satoshis which is around 0.00003 BTC. Now before you protest again saying that when you did that, the actual total fee was slightly higher than that, let me tell you that I already am aware of that and I am not certain why the actual fee in sat/byte the counterwallet ends up sending the TX with is always slightly higher than what you specified in that custom fee field. The difference is neglegible so it really never has bothered me enough to go and ask the devs that wrote this software why this is so.

Regarding highest bid price, it says 0 because there are currently no bids for buying FOLDERPEPE with XCP. Most people place their bids in PEPECASH, not XCP. However, if you look at the trading history you can easily find that 6 days ago FOLDERPEPE sold for 1.2 XCP (worth $14.10), and 4 days ago, several FOLDERPEPEs sold for 1800 PEPECASH each (worth more than $18 at current rates). Meaning, even if you don´t see a buy order waiting to be filled at the time you place your sell order, that doesn´t mean people won´t fill open sell offers. It may take a few days but people that trade on the DEX don´t expect to have their orders filled instantly anyway.
eeeooommm

Activity: 104
Merit: 31

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 06:59:28 AM

Hello everyone, FLDC information is currently where the main discussion, I would like to know the status of the project

Hello!
You can find all available information on the projects we are working on here (https://trello.com/b/dYeuIZ7y/foldingcoin-workflow). Or if you are more technically inclined here (https://tree.taiga.io/project/strungsafe-fldc-api/epics).
To get in touch with the team please follow the instructions here (http://foldingcoin.net/2017/07/slack-auto-join-temporarily-disabled/) to join our slack.
If you need anything else do not hesitate to ask.
 Wink

FoldingCoin (FLDC) Community Manager
Found as "raptorf1" in all other channels
testcoin

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 04:50:05 PM

...[blibbidy bla bla]...

Care to try again....

Try again yourself, this time specifying the fee in satoshi/byte. It is specified right there highlighed in yellow by yourself, the field that you put the wrong number into is asking for a fee in sat/byte. So the smallest number would be 1 sat/byte as you cannot specify fractions of a satoshi. Let me give you an example to illustrate as you appear to have difficulty following the instructions.

Look at the mempool saturation level here https://jochen-hoenicke.de/queue/#2h

I see that for the last couple of blocks, all the TXs with fees of at least 5 sat/bytes were confirmed. To be on the safe side, I decide to send my TX with a 11 sat/byte fee to have a good chance it will get into the next block. I go to place the order on the DEX and I type the number "11" into the custom fee field; the one you incorrectly filled with "0.00003" in your example since you ignored the part that you highlighted in yellow saying the fee should be in terms of satoshis per byte, and not the total btc fee that will result after taking the size of the transaction into account. Assuming that size will be around 257 bytes, the resulting total fee will be 11 * 257 = 2827 satoshis which is around 0.00003 BTC. Now before you protest again saying that when you did that, the actual total fee was slightly higher than that, let me tell you that I already am aware of that and I am not certain why the actual fee in sat/byte the counterwallet ends up sending the TX with is always slightly higher than what you specified in that custom fee field. The difference is neglegible so it really never has bothered me enough to go and ask the devs that wrote this software why this is so.

Regarding highest bid price, it says 0 because there are currently no bids for buying FOLDERPEPE with XCP. Most people place their bids in PEPECASH, not XCP. However, if you look at the trading history you can easily find that 6 days ago FOLDERPEPE sold for 1.2 XCP (worth $14.10), and 4 days ago, several FOLDERPEPEs sold for 1800 PEPECASH each (worth more than $18 at current rates). Meaning, even if you don´t see a buy order waiting to be filled at the time you place your sell order, that doesn´t mean people won´t fill open sell offers. It may take a few days but people that trade on the DEX don´t expect to have their orders filled instantly anyway.

Good explanation

Will try if I can send some very low fee TXs on Counterparty. Dare not to try before coz the mempool was almost full
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 »
  Print  

Jump to: