April 25, 2024, 08:29:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: No Current Poll
NA - 0 (0%)
NA - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FoldingCoin - MINE FOR MEDICINE- PHASE 2.0  (Read 473621 times)
Will H

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 08:33:20 AM

Guys,  don´t forget the FOLDERPEPE merged folding promotion is still ongoing!...
You mean the token that costs more to multiply relist, trying to sell it, than you can sell it for?  Cheesy

@Helene
As usual, you show your refusal to read the actual words people are using (as well as your female equivalent of fanboy status).  Roll Eyes

You're confusing the "cost to transfer" and the "cost to trade".  Angry

As usual, you show your refusal to accept the fact that you are unfamiliar with how trading on the Counterparty DEX works. Placing a sell or buy order also is just like sending any other BTC-based counterparty TX with the corresponding miners fee. Please inspect any trading pair on the DEX in Counterwallet and notice that the same Bitcoin fee button you can find when setting up a send TX in counterwallet also exists on the form where you place your buy and sell TRADING orders. The button lets you choose between "Normal Priority", "Low Priority (Cheaper)" and "Custom Fee". Before placing an order, you need to first consult the current state of mempool saturation to verify what fee in sat/byte will result in your order being confirmed within the desired time frame (same as when making a regular send TX). You choose the fee that is adequate to get your order posted on the DEX within the desired number of blocks. So according to in how much of a hurry you are, you choose the minimum amount in sat/bytes to accomplish the task. Not exactly rocket science, but apparently needed to be explained as some people are not aware of how it works.

Fun fact: an order placed on the DEX results in a Bitcoin transaction of size 257 bytes, which is smaller than a regular token sending TX (264 bytes minimum if using a single input TX). So taking that into consideration, the resulting total bitcoin fee for placing a DEX order will actually be even SMALLER than what I stated earlier about regular sending TXs. Sorry to break it to you, but cost to trade on counterparty is cheaper than cost to send a regular TX. And regarding your poor attempt at labeling me "female equivalent of fanboy" let me enlighten you: I am the official social media representative of Foldingcoin.

I'm here to watch the drama unfold *ba-dum-tshh*

@ComputerGenie:
Fees are a motherfucker. But then again there's a reason and a purpose for it. There was a comment over on the XCP thread that's interesting:

My suggestion is to create an off-chain version of the DEX that settles periodically to reduce fees and allows for instant transactions.

I would contribute towards this.

It's very doable. Free, instant order placing can be offered by a 3rd party market maker. Signed orders are generated locally and sent to the market maker. He scans all orders, updates the order book in real time, and broadcasts only matching orders. Unmatched orders are deleted, i.e. never broadcast to the BTC network.

The market maker can charge some fees for their services, thus a business opportunity.

Outlined more in detail here : https://counterpartytalk.org/t/instant-free-orders-on-dex-why-not/3579

btw curious to know if you have FANTOKEN? They were sent to folders ages ago.

@heunland:
I think he's referring to the relisting on the DEX. Isn't there a time limit for how long things can be listed on the DEX? So, when orders aren't filled he has to relist and pay another fee. Either way, the detailed replies and explanations are appreciated.

@ComputerGenie & @heunland:
The female equivalent of fanboy would be fangirl, woudn't it? Makes sense. Now kiss and make up, let's all get along!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
oleksii777

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:26:08 PM

When will the coin again cost 1000 Satoshi ?? Is this really real? Very much the coin has fallen in the price !!!
eeeooommm

Activity: 104
Merit: 31

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 08:43:45 PM

That was a limited offer that started on November 2015 and has ended.

For some time now the merged folding is on hold. When the new merged folding platform is ready, anyone will be able to distribute their tokens to the FoldingCoin users and new tokens are expected to be distributed. Check out the official FoldingCoin Workflow website (https://trello.com/b/dYeuIZ7y/foldingcoin-workflow) to see when the new platform will be ready.

Wink

FoldingCoin (FLDC) Community Manager
Found as "raptorf1" in all other channels
heunland

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 11:07:49 PM

@heunland:
I think he's referring to the relisting on the DEX. Isn't there a time limit for how long things can be listed on the DEX? So, when orders aren't filled he has to relist and pay another fee. Either way, the detailed replies and explanations are appreciated.

Regarding  the time the listing on the DEX will last before expiring, that depends on what wallet you used to place the order. I believe on Counterwallet the default is around 5 days (it is actually expressed in a number of blocks, time in days may vary). If you use Book of Orbs I think actually the listing lasts about 30 days but I would have to confirm that with the folks at Indiesquare. Rarepepewallet.com also uses their own default listing time. So if the user wants their listing to last longer, they can use the adequate wallet for that, or learn how to craft their order manually so they can decide for themselves how long they want the order to last. I suppose it would be a nice advanced feature for any app that deals with the DEX to offer the user an option to set the number of blocks the offer stays open themselves. As with everything in counterparty, if you put up a bounty for that feature to be implemented, most likely a dev will work on it. Don´t expect people to do this work for free, Counterparty devs are not getting a salary for this kind of stuff. Counterparty never did an ICO so the project doesn´t have money to be paying people other than from donations and bounties.
oleksii777

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:32:01 AM

Tell me there is fresh news on the coin? When does the coin grow in value? What is the course of the coin is not very happy!
m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 08:26:35 AM

FoldingCoin is one of the few projects that actually have a significant real world usecase.

Thanks for doing your part to help society - looking forward to the merged folding program. Smiley

Will H

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 02:07:35 PM

For some time now the merged folding is on hold. When the new merged folding platform is ready, anyone will be able to distribute their tokens to the FoldingCoin users and new tokens are expected to be distributed. Check out the official FoldingCoin Workflow website (https://trello.com/b/dYeuIZ7y/foldingcoin-workflow) to see when the new platform will be ready.

Wink

Yeah, was just curious if @ComputerGenie had any.

Anyway, sounds good. It might be something I'd use. It depends though, what have you been paying on average distributing foldingcoin this year?

ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:00:22 PM

No, but I do still got 0.00062074MAGICFLDC that I couldn't dump Tongue

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
eeeooommm

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 06:16:43 PM

Wink

Anyway, sounds good. It might be something I'd use. It depends though, what have you been paying on average distributing foldingcoin this year?

You can find that info here (http://foldingcoin.net/news/) by opening the link of every public meeting. For example, the distribution for July (August 2017 public meeting) costed 0.4925 BTC.

oleksii777

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 05:56:41 AM

Tell me there is already an updated road map of the coin?

eeeooommm

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 06:51:04 AM

Tell me there is already an updated road map of the coin?

You can find that on Trello (https://trello.com/b/dYeuIZ7y/foldingcoin-workflow) or if you are more technically inclined, you could try our developers page on TAIGA (https://tree.taiga.io/project/strungsafe-fldc-api/epics).

Wink

Will H

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 10:45:16 AM

No, but I do still got 0.00062074MAGICFLDC that I couldn't dump Tongue

Want to add FANTOKEN to your list of tokens that aren't worth the fee to dump? You can get some here.

These tokens aren't really meant to be traded, but rather shared. You're supposed to have some in your wallet, kick back with a few beers or the substance of your choice and listen to some music.

If we end up with enough streams we can distribute bitcoin to token holders! If we're not getting enough streams to make a bitcoin distribution feasible, yet there's a minor profit, we could use other tokens like foldingcoin for the distribution.

Basically: Get some tokens, put on a playlist in the background, have fun and don't expect much.

Will H

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 11:27:39 AM

Wink

You can find that info here (http://foldingcoin.net/news/) by opening the link of every public meeting. For example, the distribution for July (August 2017 public meeting) costed 0.4925 BTC.

Thanks for the info!

I assume merged folding participants would have to pay the same amount for their distribution? Which seems to be around 0.5 BTC for every 1000 folders.

That brings up another question. If foldingcoin were to grow 100x or 1000x in terms of the amount of folders, what's the plan on sustaining these distributions? 

eeeooommm

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 07:28:39 PM

Wink

Thanks for the info!

I assume merged folding participants would have to pay the same amount for their distribution? Which seems to be around 0.5 BTC for every 1000 folders.

That brings up another question. If foldingcoin were to grow 100x or 1000x in terms of the amount of folders, what's the plan on sustaining these distributions? 

FoldingCoin will only provide the platform. From that point on everyone who wishes to use it will be able to, without FoldingCoin's supervision. Of course everyone using it will have to pay whatever fees come along on the network.
As for your other question, by the time we grow that much (not an easy task), i expect that because of technologies / updates like segwit and lightning network the fees will drop considerably.

pilonchik

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:36:28 AM

Is the coin still alive? maybe there is a canal in Slack
xandry
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3982

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 03:34:04 AM

Is the coin still alive? maybe there is a canal in Slack
From previous page:
To get in touch with the team please follow the instructions here (http://foldingcoin.net/2017/07/slack-auto-join-temporarily-disabled/) to join our slack.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
donarito

Activity: 604
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:50:08 AM

good bounceback is coming Smiley

▄████████▄
                               ▄█████████████▄
                             ▒▓███████████████░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                            ▒▓█▓▒██████████▒▓██░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                             ▒▓███████████████░
                               ▀████████████▀
        ▒██░                ▄▄▄▄  ▀██████▀
            ▄███▄         ▄██████▄
            ▀███▀  ▄    ▒██████████░
                 ▄███▄  ▒██████████░
                 ▀███▀    ▀██████▀
                   ▀  ▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀
                     ▒█████░
                      ▀███▀
7%|  Annual Income
   VirtacoinPLUS
|  X 11    POW | POS
   Mining. Staking. Rewards.  
|  DECENTRALIZED INCOME HYBRID
    Created for The People.  By The People.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
nightshade_sc

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:41:03 AM

Having difficulty with Trello, do they have any other means for communication?
eeeooommm

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 09:01:38 AM

Having difficulty with Trello, do they have any other means for communication?

For a more technical view of the projects the team is working on, you can go here (https://tree.taiga.io/project/strungsafe-fldc-api/epics).
To chat with the team and the rest of the community, you can follow the instructions here (http://foldingcoin.net/2017/07/slack-auto-join-temporarily-disabled/) to join the slack channel.

Wink

azmojo

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:02:42 AM

OK, first post of page 100. Go Folding Coin!

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
|CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND
WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS         ||
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
    ██████████████████████████▀ ▄▄ ▀█████████
    ██                     ███  █   ███    ██
  ▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████
████▀                                       ▀████
███                                           ███
███                    ███████▄               ███
███   ▄█████████▄      ██    ▀██        ▄████████
███   ██       ██              ██      ██▀    ███
███   ██  ███  ██              ██      ██  ██ ███
███   ██       ██      ██    ▄██       ██▄    ███
███   ▀█████████▀      ███████▀         ▀████████
███                                           ███
███     ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██        ███
███      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██       ███
████▄                                       ▄████
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
|
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 »
  Print  

Jump to: