Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:05:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ A N N ] RedOakCoin::{ R O C } Scrypt Currency By: RedOakIndustries [ R O I ]  (Read 16138 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RedOakCoin (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:22:51 AM

Ok ...... this coins website looks nice.

If you wan't to see the price catapult...then get a block explorer working and
fix the wallet so it syncs 100% and stay active with the community!

You can do it!

Agreed. A working wallet is 101... I bought some because of the nicely done website.

We have a block explorer, but it's currently running locally.  We're having issues choosing a cost effective server, any ideas?

As for the wallet, the only issue is the low rate at which blocks are being found, this is causing the wallet to think it is out of sync.

we are currently at block 12811.  If your wallet is not in sync up to that block, please email us at redoakcoin@gmail.com and we will be happy to troubleshoot your issue.

-AtherosROC Lead Dev., VulcanROC Dev.,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
skya

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 11:05:00 PM

Prices are really low.. Undecided
Kimonio

Activity: 54

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:06:06 AM

Diff retarget time of 1.5 days is killing the coin. We are currently on block 12820 and from what I understand the diff is set to change every 864 blocks (1.5 days) which means the next block change is at 12960.

With the average time to resolve a block currently at 2.6 hours, we are currently looking at 15 days for us to reach the next diff change.

Of course once we get to the next diff change, the diff drops and megahash comes in raising the difficulty again for the next block change, which will again take another 2-3 months to switch when the hash rate drops against the raised difficulty. At the current block solve times, the coin is extremely slow to send and confirm.

LTCD went through a similar issue, and the issue was resolved by implementing dynamic diff retargeting which was only achieved through a hard fork. I believe the dev's need to do the same thing.
RedOakCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:08:50 AM

Diff retarget time of 1.5 days is killing the coin. We are currently on block 12820 and from what I understand the diff is set to change every 864 blocks (1.5 days) which means the next block change is at 12960.

With the average time to resolve a block currently at 2.6 hours, we are currently looking at 15 days for us to reach the next diff change.

Of course once we get to the next diff change, the diff drops and megahash comes in raising the difficulty again for the next block change, which will again take another 2-3 months to switch when the hash rate drops against the raised difficulty. At the current block solve times, the coin is extremely slow to send and confirm.

LTCD went through a similar issue, and the issue was resolved by implementing dynamic diff retargeting which was only achieved through a hard fork. I believe the dev's need to do the same thing.
How would you and others feel about a Kimoto Gravity Well hard-fork?
ilostmyface

Activity: 167

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 12:15:44 PM

I am for it! Look into newer coin's code if you plan to implement KGW, their are some known exploits with KGW. DarkGravityWave is another option.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=505243.20
motorhead89

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

Wasssssup!

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 02:19:11 AM

Huh If the developer fixed/changed the difficulty re-target issue with a hard fork.....then would that mean a hard fork would make current coins we hold invalid??  Huh

I had my account hacked due to a weak password I was told. It has be re-secured and a stronger password implemented. Hacker was posting malware links using my account. Always use a very strong password.
RedOakCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 02:56:33 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2014, 05:48:23 AM by RedOakCoin

I am for it! Look into newer coin's code if you plan to implement KGW, their are some known exploits with KGW. DarkGravityWave is another option.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=505243.20

Yes, I am familiar with some security issues, good call! This looks like the route that will benefit ROC the most!
Edit: I skimmed over the DarkGravityWell Source -> It looks promising. We may have to go with the DGW Smiley

Huh If the developer fixed/changed the difficulty re-target issue with a hard fork.....then would that mean a hard fork would make current coins we hold invalid??  Huh

Do not worry -- All Coins Will Be Okay!:
  • We Keep Several Backups of the Blockchain in Cold-Storage
  • Handwritten Checkpoints Ready To Be Indexed
  • We Have A Functioning ROC-TestNet Network -> Will be used to test and analyze the KGW Hard-Fork
  • On TestNet we each have over several million ROC. We will ensure that no-coins are lost
  • I spoke with Dr. Kimoto several months back and was graciously helped out to ensure ROCs parameters best reflect the main goal and primary directive of RedOakCoin
  • If anyone is interested in helping out; We will post the TestNet-Testing Time's! It will be cool, I would like to show people how our Decay System actually works Smiley

Just wanted to thank everyone for keeping up with ROC even though we have hit a small difficulty bump.

--Aetheros
--Vulcan
DigitalCurrencyConsultant

Activity: 671
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:09:18 AM

RedOak Dev please check your email I have got ROC soon to be added to another exchange. Thanks check your email for details

coingecko

on the moon yet?[/center]
ilostmyface

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:42:03 PM

RedOak Dev please check your email I have got ROC soon to be added to another exchange. Thanks check your email for details

Great News.

If the the difficulty adjustment issue can be remedied quickly.. things will look a lot better for ROC. The zero volume currently on bittrex will put this coin in jeopardy of being de-listed. IMO, this would be detrimental.
lihaidong198871

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:35:57 AM

hi DEV
any plan about this coin ?
RedOakCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:57:43 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 01:28:32 AM by RedOakCoin

hi DEV

Yes! We have chosen 100% to go with a Gravity Well!

I [Aetheros] am, at this moment configuring the Dark Gravity Well for Testing!

We will be replicating current BlockChain conditions to mirror and address any potential unforeseen issues that could arise from the Update.

TBD:
  • Configure DGW
  • Configure KGW
  • Test DGW
  • Test KGW
  • Index MainNet::ROC Checkpoints
  • Assess Any Other ROC::Core Changes For Update

Planned Update Fx:
  • Difficulty Adjustment Upper/Lower Bound Limits (Addressing Extreme % Deviation Off 1.5 Days)
  • Drop In Difficulty From 80.9812 To Difficulty Commensurate Current Network Hashrate (Closer To 2.0)
  • Multi-Pool Switching Protection (Protection For Solo-Miners, Standard Pools, and Core-Network)
  • Marketing & Pool Listing Relations With Multi-Pools
  • Groundwork Set For Future Utility Forks

Future Updates {TBA}:
Post-DGW||KGW Fork

Edit: After ROCs First Update --> Donations Will Start-Up Again!

--Aetheros
11h22

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:07:47 AM

hi DEV

We will be replicating current BlockChain conditions to mirror and address any potential unforeseen issues that could arise from the Update.

TBD:
  • Configure DGW
  • Configure KGW
  • Test DGW
  • Test KGW

Planned Update Fx:
  • Difficulty Adjustment Upper/Lower Bound Limits (Addressing Extreme % Deviation Off 1.5 Days)
  • Drop In Difficulty From 80.9812 To Difficulty Commensurate Current Network Hashrate (Closer To 2.0)
  • Multi-Pool Switching Protection (Protection For Solo-Miners, Standard Pools, and Core-Network)

Future Updates {TBA}:
Post-DGW||KGW Fork

--Aetheros

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself to the board. I was known as P.B. I am currently working with Aetheros on the Gravity Well updates.
RedOakCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:06:09 AM

hi DEV

TBD:
  • Configure DGW
  • Configure KGW
  • Test DGW
  • Test KGW

Planned Update Fx:

Future Updates {TBA}:
Post-DGW||KGW Fork

--Aetheros

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself to the board. I was known as P.B. I am currently working with Aetheros on the Gravity Well updates.

To confirm, 11h22, is an Official Member of the RedOakCoin Development Team. Aetheros still retains sole access to GitHub.

--Aetheros
H+CyYUSUf7X+gs/1Hc+p3bdWH6li8AwkCcPTHr5ibkCjGucViyYh6HEt+sV7QF80h4QJ16gho8w5CgVEg7Sl1ek=
RedOakCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:16:00 PM

Please Note:

ROC-Wallet Upgrade Fork For KimotoGravityWell Being Compiled && Undergoing Final TestNet Tests!
ROC-Wallet Upgrade Fork For DarkGravityWave -> Coded & Set Offline For Future Emergencies!
ROC-Wallet Upgrade Fork For Security Checkpoints Pending Success Of Final TestNet Test!

Any minor upgrade requests are welcomed. Please reply to this thread. You all hold stake in ROC just as much as the Dev., Team!

Thanks!

--Aetheros
RedOakCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:39:33 PM

Please Note:

ROC-Wallet Upgrade Fork For KimotoGravityWell Being Compiled && Undergoing Final TestNet Tests!
ROC-Wallet Upgrade Fork For DarkGravityWave -> Coded & Set Offline For Future Emergencies!
ROC-Wallet Upgrade Fork For Security Checkpoints Pending Success Of Final TestNet Test!

Any minor upgrade requests are welcomed. Please reply to this thread. You all hold stake in ROC just as much as the Dev., Team!

Thanks!

--Aetheros

https://i.imgur.com/njjuotY.png

Running Well! Looks Like We Are Adjusting Perfectly Under The KGW!
ilostmyface

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 10:15:50 PM

Please Note:

Thanks!

--Aetheros

Running Well! Looks Like We Are Adjusting Perfectly Under The KGW!

Perfect! It will be great to move some blocks again.
ilostmyface

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 01:53:59 AM

Huh Any updates the coin fix?
RedOakCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 07:10:13 AM

Huh Any updates the coin fix?

We're just making sure the per block decay is working perfectly as to prevent future problems.

We should be done soon.

I will send you a personal message when it is released.

-Vulcan
lifeforcepools

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 07:22:45 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2014, 07:45:22 PM by lifeforcepools

Aetheros Here;

Updating To Public KGW Release Imminent!

Pending Final Review!

Prepare For Update.

Prepare for LIFTOFF!

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Proteu5

Activity: 52

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 08:23:01 PM

Aetheros Here;

Updating To Public KGW Release Imminent!

Pending Final Review!

Prepare For Update.

Prepare for LIFTOFF!
Yea Baby!!!!!  Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: