Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:42:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should Just-Dice reopen for business  (Voting closed: September 25, 2014, 02:14:43 AM)
Yes - 35 (61.4%)
No - 22 (38.6%)
Total Voters: 54

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just-Dice reopening for business  (Read 4480 times)
a1choi

Activity: 323
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:34:45 PM

I miss just-dice Sad It was the only way I ever made coins off a dice site. But I can see why not that many other sites are doing the whole "invest in this site" shabang. It's a lot more profitable for them not to do it.

not many people have a large chunk of money that they can use for the house bankroll when starting off.  but i agree, most people underestimate the responsibility and the amount of work that goes into doing crowdfunded-investment style sites.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Darwerft

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:05:47 PM

I can se where you are coming from dooglus.

There is no way in hell people can be protected from evil people.

What you can protect people from is incompetence! You could provide the code that works in open source format, and good incompetent people could have a chance to run a dice without having actual bugs.

You cant protect people from evil.
You can protect people from stupid.

Personally I think someone should invent a decentralized dice software. Dont know if that is possible but we have made a fucking Payment system! Why shouldn't dice be possible?
No single man should be trusted with thousands and thousands of dollars, the temptation is just too big.

Phrenico

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:42:03 PM

Personally I think someone should invent a decentralized dice software. Dont know if that is possible but we have made a fucking Payment system! Why shouldn't dice be possible?

If someone does, we can kiss 1%+ monthly profits from investing in the bankroll goodbye Wink
seattlenonsmoker

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 08:53:52 PM

Doog has said elsewhere that he does not anticipate re-opening Just-Dice as it would require him re-locating to a different country and he likes it just fine where he is at in Canada.  He said he does not miss running Just-Dice. 

Perhaps he could sell licenses to the Just-Dice software or sell it outright to another.  I don't know if that would impact any Canadian laws or not.  Just a thought.

When I saw dicebitco.in running well, attracting a large bankroll, having good customer support, etc. I felt like there was no need for Just-Dice to exist. It looked like DB would fill the position.

Then they were caught cheating, and Mateo appeared and went on a streak that would be unlikely even for nakowa to achieve, all the investors left or got destroyed, and I'm left thinking maybe we do need Just-Dice back.

I don't need to run it, from a financial point of view, but I like the idea that there's somewhere trustworthy that people can rest their coins and have a reasonable expectation of making a profit. Maybe some of the existing places are trustworthy, but I don't know how to tell any more.

As for licensing the software, I think that's kind of missing the point. Anyone can develop equivalent or better software pretty easily. What people need is to be able to trust the site's operator not to run off with their coins, and not to play against them using the server seeds. That "trustability" is not something that can be licensed out.

So for the moment I'm invested (a little) in dice.ninja, and contemplating whether to take up one of the many offers I've received from people who seem happy to set up offshore companies that will run JD legally, while I have exclusive control of the server and the day-to-day running of operations. As of right now I'm happy not to have to worry about safeguarding investor funds, or when the next whale attack is coming - but I guess I'll get back into the game at some point.

I would definitely like it if you reopened! I think you have a very good site and I would definitely play again soon if you reopened.

Off topic question, dooglus... Is that the sock puppet from "Coupling: Jane and the Truth Snake?"

Cheers, mate!
voelkelshibe

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:05:19 PM

Doog, if you've been planning for years to pull of the biggest long con in the relatively short history of bitcoin, you'd tell us, right? Given the alternatives I'd probably still take my chances hoping you'd change your mind on the con. :-P
seattlenonsmoker

Activity: 251

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:14:58 PM

What you can protect people from is incompetence! You could provide the code that works in open source format, and good incompetent people could have a chance to run a dice without having actual bugs.

No single man should be trusted with thousands and thousands of dollars, the temptation is just too big.

Who would pay for the bankroll?
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:29:38 PM

uh... you can't protect people from stupid.

doog, think about what I said.

SRG

Activity: 127

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:04:08 AM

Doog has said elsewhere that he does not anticipate re-opening Just-Dice as it would require him re-locating to a different country and he likes it just fine where he is at in Canada.  He said he does not miss running Just-Dice. 

Perhaps he could sell licenses to the Just-Dice software or sell it outright to another.  I don't know if that would impact any Canadian laws or not.  Just a thought.

When I saw dicebitco.in running well, attracting a large bankroll, having good customer support, etc. I felt like there was no need for Just-Dice to exist. It looked like DB would fill the position.

Then they were caught cheating, and Mateo appeared and went on a streak that would be unlikely even for nakowa to achieve, all the investors left or got destroyed, and I'm left thinking maybe we do need Just-Dice back.

I don't need to run it, from a financial point of view, but I like the idea that there's somewhere trustworthy that people can rest their coins and have a reasonable expectation of making a profit. Maybe some of the existing places are trustworthy, but I don't know how to tell any more.

As for licensing the software, I think that's kind of missing the point. Anyone can develop equivalent or better software pretty easily. What people need is to be able to trust the site's operator not to run off with their coins, and not to play against them using the server seeds. That "trustability" is not something that can be licensed out.

So for the moment I'm invested (a little) in dice.ninja, and contemplating whether to take up one of the many offers I've received from people who seem happy to set up offshore companies that will run JD legally, while I have exclusive control of the server and the day-to-day running of operations. As of right now I'm happy not to have to worry about safeguarding investor funds, or when the next whale attack is coming - but I guess I'll get back into the game at some point.

When I first saw this thread I thought that the OP needed to change the title, but seeing this post gives me hope.  I think you returning to the "dice" game would be very welcome by almost everyone except maybe the owners of the other dice sites.

Thanks for even considering it.

I also really appreciate all your posts laying out exactly how operators can cheat players and their investors.  Thanks.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:13:32 AM

If someone does, we can kiss 1%+ monthly profits from investing in the bankroll goodbye Wink

Why would having the game be decentralised mean that it wouldn't need investors? It seems to me like you could kiss the 10% commission goodbye, not the profits.

Off topic question, dooglus... Is that the sock puppet from "Coupling: Jane and the Truth Snake?"

I don't know. I did a reverse image search on Zaih(?)'s avatar, found it was one of a series of similar sockpuppets, and picked one of the others. I believe mem picked the third. I forget why exactly, but I think someone was accusing us of being sockpuppets, so it was "funny".

Doog, if you've been planning for years to pull of the biggest long con in the relatively short history of bitcoin, you'd tell us, right? Given the alternatives I'd probably still take my chances hoping you'd change your mind on the con. :-P

I wouldn't tell you. That would be a mistake, and damage my chances of success. However, if I was planning any kind of a con I would have pulled the trigger before the "give everyone their coins back" part kicked in. Although as it turns out not everyone seems to want their coins back.

I find it funny that the leftover unclaimed "dust" from the JD bankroll amounts to more than the active bankroll of almost any other dice site.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
a1choi

Activity: 323
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:35:56 AM

I wouldn't tell you. That would be a mistake, and damage my chances of success. However, if I was planning any kind of a con I would have pulled the trigger before the "give everyone their coins back" part kicked in. Although as it turns out not everyone seems to want their coins back.

I find it funny that the leftover unclaimed "dust" from the JD bankroll amounts to more than the active bankroll of almost any other dice site.

Wow, there's still 1K still waiting to be claimed?
waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:52:20 AM

Wow, there's still 1K still waiting to be claimed?

maybe a donation for providing a good service
Darwerft

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:14:16 AM

Who would pay for the bankroll?

Anyone who wanted to. (Including me)
dave23

Activity: 132

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 12:53:11 PM

Why would having the game be decentralised mean that it wouldn't need investors? It seems to me like you could kiss the 10% commission goodbye, not the profits.

I don't know. I did a reverse image search on Zaih(?)'s avatar, found it was one of a series of similar sockpuppets, and picked one of the others. I believe mem picked the third. I forget why exactly, but I think someone was accusing us of being sockpuppets, so it was "funny".

I claim that it is mine.  There, now it is no longer unclaimed.  problem solved Smiley
Miitch

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:34:56 AM

Poll seems to suggest people are in favour of Just-Dice reopening! So whats the plans?!  Huh

The Bitcoin Dice community definitely needs something/someone that can be trusted!

▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇   COIN-SWEEPER
▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇    Avoid Bombs Win BIG
▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇   1% House Edge   ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇
omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:18:25 AM

[...] we have some catching up to do [...]
[...] eager to start regaining your trust [...]

Both of these lines make it sound like you were responsible for the dicebitco.in debacle!

makes you think twice
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:28:42 PM

Both of these lines make it sound like you were responsible for the dicebitco.in debacle!

makes you think twice

Indeed. That was a weird post by T04D, especially in light of what ended up happening.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Inkvor

Activity: 553

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:23:46 PM

Doog is going to reopen JD ?
omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:23:22 PM

makes you think twice

Indeed. That was a weird post by T04D, especially in light of what ended up happening.

this is how we can tell were getting old. scammer hides clues hes a scammer in plain sight, and i never noticed one of them
LOBSTER

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:24:22 PM

No, why?
caga

Activity: 238

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:25:31 PM

Everyone is hoping he does, because of the state of number of scams happened recently.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: