Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:42:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Could Al-Qaeda use Bitcoin ?  (Read 4518 times)
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 01:01:12 AM

Could Al-Qaeda use Bitcoin ?
Is it possible that they are already using it ?

Has anyone thought about the possibility of them using the coinbase to send messages to, or to activate Sleeper Cells in the US and abroad ?
It's quite possible that there just might be someone in a cave somewhere in the Middle East, currently able to stay in contact with operatives thanks to Bitcoin.

Should there be an Anti-Terrorist Bitcoin Organization who monitors blocks and transactions for this very reason ?

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 01:04:04 AM

Bitcoin is  a Peace Organization in my view. Actively promoting cooperation and peace wherever it spreads.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 01:06:59 AM

Bitcoin is  a Peace Organization in my view. Actively promoting cooperation and peace wherever it spreads.
- Or being used to detonate explosives in Little Timmy's bedroom upon 1BoMb sending a transaction with a .911BTC fee. Hard to say.
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 01:19:53 AM

Bitcoin is  a Peace Organization in my view. Actively promoting cooperation and peace wherever it spreads.

You are correct..... Peace.

Here's more 'peace' for you to think about:
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

I think that Satoshi was an Al-Qaeda operative who coded Bitcoin to first and foremost be a secure communication's tool, by exploiting the World's greed using an 'Economic' front end of sorts..... such as a currency ? or more specifically, a CRYPTO currency, strong emphasis on crypto (for communications purposes)....

Bitcoin itself is meant to be an economic 'revolution' of sorts, that attempts to circumvent the traditional Bank's stranglehold on society...and is essentially an attack on Government-led Capitalism in itself, albeit, a small attack at this point.

It's not unreasonable to consider (as was kinda mentioned above) that once mobile devices are more 'Bitcoin Friendly', that a specific transaction amount could not be used to trigger an event on the receiving end.

TRUST NO ONE !

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 01:21:07 AM

Just like My Little Pony. Come to think of it, couldn't Al-Qaeda use something as innocent as a child's cartoon to send messages via same's message boards, if they aren't already?

~Bruno~

girlsgonebitcoin

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 03:45:57 AM

http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/03/warrior-prophet-moses-or-muhammad/

http://whatiftheyweremuslim.com/category/christian/

http://spencerwatch.com

http://www.loonwatch.com/2012/04/a-journey-out-of-islamophobic-darkness

The Islamophobia propaganda machine has its roots in years of concerted online, media and marketing campaigns. This well oiled machine of hate has attracted many followers, and they can be broken up into several groups (there may be considerable overlap):

1.) Those who were ripe for the picking. These individuals already had a hate for Islam and Muslims or Arabs, they were already racist in one way or another, and easily attached themselves to Islamophobia.

2.) Opportunists. These individuals are always looking for a way to make a buck, to line their pockets. Real, honest work doesn’t suit their tastes and so they’ve devoted themselves to that centuries old money-maker, hate.

3.) True believers. They may come from various ends of the ideological spectrum, most of them are very afraid, fear courses through their every waking moment, they are made even more afraid by modern interpretations of say Biblical prophecies, or fears about the existential threat of the end of Western society.

4.) The gullible or the naive. These individuals read and believe the Islamophobic propaganda because they perceive the arguments as objective, factual, honest, and fitting with their worldview, or answering their confusion and incomprehension of world events or history.

Where to begin *sigh  - by the way your at post 999 flip that around and you get 666 fitting lol

btw: so anytime anyone questions islam and the falsehood it is they should be branded as islamaphobic - got it!
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 04:53:36 AM

I think that Satoshi was an Al-Qaeda operative who coded Bitcoin to first and foremost be a secure communication's tool, by exploiting the World's greed using an 'Economic' front end of sorts..... such as a currency ? or more specifically, a CRYPTO currency, strong emphasis on crypto (for communications purposes)....

Bitcoin is a communication tool.  It communicates economic preferences.

Bitcoin itself is meant to be an economic 'revolution' of sorts, that attempts to circumvent the traditional Bank's stranglehold on society...and is essentially an attack on Government-led Capitalism in itself, albeit, a small attack at this point.

Yep.

Look, we all know the winter has been a long one up in Canada this year, but really?  Al Qaeda?

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 05:24:09 AM

But I heard they like goats...

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
Stardust

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 05:54:43 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2012, 06:44:21 AM by Stardust

Is it possible that they are already using it ?

It's possible, but they most probably also use Visa/Mastercard, Paypal, Dwolla, LibertyReserve, and cash.

The solution isn't destroying Bitcoin, nor harassing the people who use it. The solution is religious profiling, all Al-Qaeda operatives are Muslims. Al-Qaeda isn't the first organization of this nature in the Islamic world, there are many precedents, I think the Hassassins (cca. 1092 CE) were the first.

I'm not saying all Muslims are bad, I think the majority of Muslims are good generous people with good intentions, and this includes senbonzakura. But they refuse to acknowledge they have a problem in their midst (in fact many problems, like the treatment of women, human rights, and censorship in Islamic countries. The fact that these problems persist after the Arab Spring, shows this is a problem inherent to Islam and not local regimes). And for this non-Muslims have their privacy invaded, and are harassed at airports.
Stardust

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 06:21:25 AM

The Islamophobia propaganda machine has its roots in years of concerted online, media and marketing campaigns. This well oiled machine of hate has attracted many followers, and they can be broken up into several groups (there may be considerable overlap):

1.) Those who were ripe for the picking. These individuals already had a hate for Islam and Muslims or Arabs, they were already racist in one way or another, and easily attached themselves to Islamophobia.
Islam is a religion composed of many races/ethnicity, the term racist doesn't apply here. Not all "islamophobes" hate Arabs.

2.) Opportunists. These individuals are always looking for a way to make a buck, to line their pockets. Real, honest work doesn’t suit their tastes and so they’ve devoted themselves to that centuries old money-maker, hate.
Or they are honest researchers.

3.) True believers. They may come from various ends of the ideological spectrum, most of them are very afraid, fear courses through their every waking moment, they are made even more afraid by modern interpretations of say Biblical prophecies, or fears about the existential threat of the end of Western society.
I'll give you this one, but it also applies to Muslims. Interpretations about Dajjal comes to mind.

4.) The gullible or the naive. These individuals read and believe the Islamophobic propaganda because they perceive the arguments as objective, factual, honest, and fitting with their worldview, or answering their confusion and incomprehension of world events or history.
Same about the people who convert revert to Islam. And who believe the whitewashed history.

You know what annoys me? Muslims decry western imperialism and the crusades (which where an answer to Muslim conquests), but laud the Caliphate, and the Ottoman Empire. They pride themselves for their tolerance towards Christians and Jews, but always fail to mention that it was not extended to pagans/heathens. For the choice was convert, death, or slavery. Or how they converted Persia (Iran) by force, because they where "worshiping fire". Or how many girls were kidnapped for the harems or Sultans, and viziers. They also fail to mention that slave trade continued long after it was banned in other places.

As far as inventions go...Algebra? A closer look reveals that it has older roots than Islamic scholars. Arabic numerals, has anyone checked Indian numerals?

Dishonesty or Double-think?
Stardust

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 07:33:34 AM

Don't make such statements without evidence. Satoshi is most likely a Japanese hacker, considering how concerned the Japanese are about economy, and how i-WAT has its origins in Japan, it fits the pattern. If not, then he is a British or American hacker and anime fan.
bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 08:49:57 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2012, 09:04:43 AM by bitlane

Get the fuck out of my thread, hate-mongers and idealists alike.

This is about Al-Qaeda and NOT another Soap-Box for either side to wage their Pro or Anti Islamic Wars.

Fuck me....

The ONLY reason I posted that link that I did, was as an example (hind-sight being 20/20....it turned out to be a BAD example of terrorism stats).

WAGE YOUR HOLLY WARS ELSEWHERE.

For anyone too fucking stupid to get 'THE JOKE' ....wrap your mind around this:

Remember when Luke Jr inserted prayers into the blockchain ? I MADE A JOKING REFERENCE TO IT BEING USED TO MESSAGE TERRORISTS.

I am not a fucking racist and I REFUSE to be lumped into that barrel of fucking Monkeys.

bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 08:54:55 AM

Bitcoin is  a Peace Organization in my view. Actively promoting cooperation and peace wherever it spreads.

You are correct..... Peace.

Here's more 'peace' for you to think about:
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

It's not unreasonable to consider (as was kinda mentioned above) that once mobile devices are more 'Bitcoin Friendly', that a specific transaction amount could not be used to trigger an event on the receiving end.

TRUST NO ONE !

Peace as in the level 600 of the scale of consciousness put forth by David Hawkins.
"[...]That which is is witnessing and that which is witnessed take on the same identity; the observer dissolves into landscape and becomes equally the observed. Everything is connected to everything else by a Presence whose power is infinite, exquisitely gentle, yet rock solid. Great works of art, music and architecture that calibrate between 600 and 700 can transport us temporarily to higher levels of consciousness and are universally recognized as inspirational and timeless"
Part of this resonates with Bitcoin, in my own humble view and opinion.

Your URL is most likely at the level of hatred and fear, calibrating at the level of 100 - 150. 500 zeros less than Peace. It is a common place to be at for alot of people, but an extremely weak place, one that leads to struggle and exhaustion.

"TheReligionofPeace.com is a pluralistic, non-partisan...." Come on... Do you actually espouse such beliefs or is that google who served you something to retort how dare I claim that Bitcoin helps spread peace?

kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 09:08:20 AM

Could Al-Qaeda use Bitcoin cash?
FTFY.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
nedbert9

Activity: 252

Inactive

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 09:17:03 AM

http://www.mybestfriendismuslim.com

http://www.islamophobiatoday.com

This is Wafa Dabbagh. Wafa is a Muslim, Zumba lover, cancer survivor, and Lieutenant Commander of the Canadian Armed Forces.

http://muslimswearingthings.tumblr.com

Those crazy Canadians....

Wink
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 03:30:06 PM

Islamaphobia is the new anti-Semitism in the west.  Fascist and nationalist party's in the west used to attack Jews now they attack Muslims.

girlsgonebitcoin

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 05:59:05 PM

This is about Al-Qaeda and NOT another Soap-Box for either side to wage their Pro or Anti Islamic Wars.

Fuck me....

The ONLY reason I posted that link that I did, was as an example (hind-sight being 20/20....it turned out to be a BAD example of terrorism stats).

Remember when Luke Jr inserted prayers into the blockchain ? I MADE A JOKING REFERENCE TO IT BEING USED TO MESSAGE TERRORISTS.

I am not a fucking racist and I REFUSE to be lumped into that barrel of fucking Monkeys.

basically this ^^
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 06:24:14 PM

Fuck me....

basically this ^^

Yeah but why mention Al-Qaeda which may not actually exist as an organisation and just be an ideology.  There are plenty of other terrorist or criminal organisations to pick on.

bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 06:39:44 PM

Yeah but why mention Al-Qaeda which may not actually exist as an organisation and just be an ideology.  There are plenty of other terrorist or criminal organisations to pick on.

There very well may be, but I am not aware of any others that my 'joke' could have applied to....being a 'Westerner' and having the whole idea of 'Sleeper Cells' rammed down our throats by the Warmongering US media.

If there are other 'Terrorist' organizations that currently lay dormant in North America with intent to rise up and strike against Western oppression/culture/gluttony/influence etc, that my 'joke' could have applied to while maintaining the same 'Pop Culture' interest.... I apologize for leaving you out. It was not my intent to forget anyone Wink

bitlane (OP)
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 09:06:18 PM

senbonzakura, that guy was missing a tag ....... "Random Screening" Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: