Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:09:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting into BTC Selling/Buying  (Read 1242 times)
Totie (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 12:08:49 AM

Howdy folks.
I am just recently getting into the Bitcoin market and found this forum as a good place to give it a start.
(I tried ebay first, which was a horrible idea!).

I will offer to sell bitcoins (1btc minimum) for the bitstamp market price +10%
I will also offer to purchase bitcoins in 50+ lots for a negotiated rate somewhere close to market (feel free to PM me with offers if you have that many).

Because of getting burned with scammers in the past, I will only perform transactions through escrow.
My preferred method of transacting is with escrow.com. I have used them in the past for purchasing various domain names and could not recommend them enough!

I will also pay all service fees related to performing the transaction through their site, which will be detailed in the transaction arrangement sent to you if we come to an arrangement to sell or buy.

Feel free to PM with questions or offers.
I look forward to working with many of you.
Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LouReed

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:47:51 AM

Some advice I can offer you is, if you're going to trade here you're going to have to be willing to use some of the trusted members who provide escrow. Not some third party website.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:00:41 AM

Oh boy, another Escrow.com scammer. My money says that the OP won't be around for more than a few days, if he ever posts again.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 07:10:50 AM

Any reason why someone would deal with you when there are more reputable members sell for a much lower margin? I'll bet you can't come up with a single reason  Kiss

Totie (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:14:49 AM

Oh boy, another Escrow.com scammer. My money says that the OP won't be around for more than a few days, if he ever posts again.

I don't understand how someone can scam through a service like escrow.com?
I tried selling on ebay/paypal first, but talk about getting scammed as a seller (the issues with chargebacks were horrible)
With escrow, not only does the buyer have protection but the seller does to!
I have also used that service many times in the past for buying/selling internet domain names and never had an issue.

Also, since I am just getting into the game constructive criticism is more appreciated than flames.

Any reason why someone would deal with you when there are more reputable members sell for a much lower margin? I'll bet you can't come up with a single reason  Kiss

That price is set to cover fees and associated risk with timing of the transaction to make a profit.
From looking over most of the listings on the site last night, it is clear folks want to deal quickly with small amounts.
I am open to changing my approach (which would also change the high fee structure), but with my experience so far I need to find a service that offers seller protection that buyers are also comfortable using.

Any constructive feedback is appreciated.
LouReed

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:16:07 PM

I am open to changing my approach (which would also change the high fee structure), but with my experience so far I need to find a service that offers seller protection that buyers are also comfortable using.

Like I said earlier, use a trusted forum member for escrow like Tomatocage, or Maidak, or DannyHamilton, or even myself and you will likely have better luck/less criticism.

That's just my opinion though.  Smiley
Schnudelu

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:35:43 PM

LouReed is 100% right if you are a honest user you not need to be woried to trade and use this trusted users as escrow ! but escrow.com is a big scam stay away from this for any deal
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1042
Merit: 1000

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 04:37:59 PM

Howdy folks.
I am just recently getting into the Bitcoin market and found this forum as a good place to give it a start.

I will also offer to purchase bitcoins in 50+ lots for a negotiated rate somewhere close to market (feel free to PM me with offers if you have that many).

Because of getting burned with scammers in the past, I will only perform transactions through escrow.
My preferred method of transacting is with escrow.com. I have used them in the past for purchasing various domain names and could not recommend them enough!

I will also pay all service fees related to performing the transaction through their site, which will be detailed in the transaction arrangement sent to you if we come to an arrangement to sell or buy.

Thanks!

Um..Escrow.com is a verified scam site..

mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1042

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 04:39:07 PM

Well said haploid. Not to mention he is not even a member yet...

xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:44:20 PM

Howdy folks.

Thanks!

Not it's not. Members here simply send spoofed / fake emails from what appears to be a escrow.com address.

Totie (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:55:24 PM

Howdy folks.

Thanks!

Not it's not. Members here simply send spoofed / fake emails from what appears to be a escrow.com address.

I fully agree with the above statement that escrow.com itself is a legit site.
I have trusted it with a number of other transactions, but understand if others were burned previously and do not want to use it (as I was with paypal)

Like I said earlier, use a trusted forum member for escrow like Tomatocage, or Maidak, or DannyHamilton, or even myself and you will likely have better luck/less criticism.

That's just my opinion though.  Smiley

Thanks for your suggestion.
I can reach out to those users to see what the best approach for getting into selling/buying bitcoin is.
I am still leery of using other members for escrow for any large amount (over $500), as I have seen a number of accounts being sold on the site as well. When dealing with folks online, I guess that is the risk one takes.

It is clear I need to understand better how things work before starting into selling/buying.
Thanks for the feedback.
BitcoinPappi
Legendary

Activity: 915
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:02:56 AM

No easy scam around here.  Here is the escrow list for your reference https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108716.0 .

If you are 100% legit you should have no reason to not use a trusted member on the forum. You know you are going to do  good and keep up your end of the deal so just go ahead and use escrow, nothing to lose.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: