Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:28:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The world badly needs an independent Scotland  (Read 1742 times)
countryfree (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:43:48 PM

The Brits are nice people, they will allow to go free if that's what they want, and this would a fantastic example for all the peoples who are not free all over the planet.

We need an independent Catalonia. Hong Kong, Tibet and East Turkestan should leave China. The Tatars and the Kurds deserve to get their own country. The Ingush people should also be free and if California wants to start its own republic, let it be!

Interested in tips for perpetual traveling, nomadic lifestyle, and tax optimization? Subscribe to my Telegram channel.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 04:30:11 AM

You don't live in England do you? Tongue There's a reason I want to leave this shitty country.
redHeadBlunder

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:35:14 AM

You forgot to include an argument as to why scotland should be independent to the rest of the UK.

I personally disagree with your proposal because the UK economy is very large (and stable) allowing for the people of Scotland to enjoy a stable economy that would likely be somewhat less stable as an independent state. I would make the same argument with their currency. Also a less stable economy generally will mean overall higher tax levels to make up for lower tax revenues at times of poor economic growth
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 04:40:16 AM

Rubbish, you can have an independent country and have your own currency, it's just that the central banks do absolutely everything to stamp out that sort of thinking because that would directly interfere with their control over people.
bluemountain

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:15:59 AM

Rubbish, you can have an independent country and have your own currency, it's just that the central banks do absolutely everything to stamp out that sort of thinking because that would directly interfere with their control over people.
This is technically true, however there are less economic opportunities with a smaller economy. Also the central banks are merely executing the laws as written by various governments, and carrying out their requests.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 05:34:55 AM

This is technically true, however there are less economic opportunities with a smaller economy. Also the central banks are merely executing the laws as written by various governments, and carrying out their requests.

We have these things called trade treaties and diplomats for a reason, there are small countries out there who do just fine, since Scotland isn't a landlocked nation then it shouldn't have many problems trading with countries who don't immediately try to boycott them for becoming independent, also if you think the central banks are under the control of governments, you need to look at history.

It's amazing how much people have been taken in by imperialist propaganda that they genuinely seem to think that independent countries can't exist on their own without help.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:48:06 AM

Would the UK even be able to continue on without Scotland? At least London isn't trying simultaneous secession.... maybe ought to. I just like watching the chaos, though. Cheesy
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 05:50:27 AM

Would the UK even be able to continue on without Scotland? At least London isn't trying simultaneous secession.... maybe ought to. I just like watching the chaos, though. Cheesy

Yeah for me the chaos is hilarious but there is a serious point to be made, I'd really like to see more independent countries ignoring the warmongering scumbags out there and trade with each other freely. By the way, you should see the kind of things even the BBC are trying to pull against the Scottish, it's absolutely hilarious to watch because it's obvious how desperate they are to get everyone to vote no and they're being so unpleasant that it's going to make people to vote yes just to spite them.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 05:57:35 AM

http://takimag.com/article/scottish_independence_is_crap_gavin_mcinnes
Thoughts? Goes over my head.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 06:03:27 AM

Okay, I've deciphered the Scottish accented ranting for you and I think basically what's happening is this guys lamenting over what Scotland was and thinks that the Scottish are just doing the independence thing for a show rather than actually going for it for real, which lets be honest, is kind of true, I'd personally like to see it happen for real though.
IacceptBTC

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:07:12 AM

I believe that Scotland only makes up a small portion of the UK population and a similar portion of the UK economy. Sure they have oil reserves (however they could possibly be still controlled by the UK in the event of succession).
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:13:42 AM

Okay, I've deciphered the Scottish accented ranting for you and I think basically what's happening is this guys lamenting over what Scotland was and thinks that the Scottish are just doing the independence thing for a show rather than actually going for it for real, which lets be honest, is kind of true, I'd personally like to see it happen for real though.

I'm pro independent Scotland.  Time to shake things up and if people want to live independently then that should happen.  It is likely in their best interest to depart from the UK and I support move and wish them well.  Not sure why it would be a major debate if the majority of Scots don't think it is in their best interest.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 06:29:22 AM

I'm pro independent Scotland.  Time to shake things up and if people want to live independently then that should happen.  It is likely in their best interest to depart from the UK and I support move and wish them well.  Not sure why it would be a major debate if the majority of Scots don't think it is in their best interest.

It's because the British are obsessed with clinging onto their dying empire and politicians particularly in the UK have this extreme arrogance that they know what's best and refuse to even let people have their own opinions on something, you see it in everything they do here. When it comes to the EU referendum as well we're getting the same attitude, Labour in particular are trying to block the vote altogether because they know we'd vote the way they didn't want.

One thing I've learned is that there are people out there who truly hate referendums and other voting systems like it because it genuinely reflects what the people think.
98problems

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:31:14 AM

It's because the British are obsessed with clinging onto their dying empire and politicians particularly in the UK have this extreme arrogance that they know what's best and refuse to even let people have their own opinions on something, you see it in everything they do here. When it comes to the EU referendum as well we're getting the same attitude, Labour in particular are trying to block the vote altogether because they know we'd vote the way they didn't want.

One thing I've learned is that there are people out there who truly hate referendums and other voting systems like it because it genuinely reflects what the people think.
The british empire has been dead for hundreds of years. They have voluntarily given up control of many countries over the past 75ish years

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 06:32:02 AM

hahahah Tongue voluntarily Tongue Just like how they gave up India and America? Cheesy
samaricanin

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:16:53 AM

I do not think that it will allow, West supports the secession of other countries, it will be returned to them like a boomerang effect

medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 07:29:53 AM

The world do not need an independent Scotland, the Scots need an independent Scotland. They have never considered themselves British anyway, they are proud of being a Scot. The problem is, the Scot want their independence but want to continue using the British Pound.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:36:07 AM

How pissed would the Irish be if the Scots were just allowed to vote to secede?
countryfree (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:38:38 AM

You don't live in England do you? Tongue There's a reason I want to leave this shitty country.

Correct, I do not live in the UK but I still enjoy it. I'm going there at least once a year, and I think it's far from being a "shitty country". The problem in my eyes, is over development. It's getting too complicated and too expensive to do anything in London. I couldn't afford to live in London. If a smaller UK could bring down property prices in London, I'd be happy with that (I wouldn't move there, though).

Back to my point, I see the independence of Scotland as a starting point. Much like the break-up of the soviet union, I'm now waiting for Russia's break-up. Belgium should be split in 2, too. People shall understand that countries are inventions, and that in most cases people would be better without one, or in the smallest country possible, than in a big one which only cares about its own interest and survival, rather than in the well beings of individuals.

Interested in tips for perpetual traveling, nomadic lifestyle, and tax optimization? Subscribe to my Telegram channel.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 12:09:43 PM

Yeah, I said England, not London, London is basically it's own little bubble and even the people who live their act like it without realising it, one person I visited in London went "Oh it can't be that bad" when I explained how there was basically nothing where I live and I went "Have you been there?" how do you think they answered? No of course! lol Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: