Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:22:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi Nakamoto is a time traveler  (Read 8407 times)
Rubber Ducky

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:39:02 PM

Only a time traveller would make a currency where:

- It takes 10 minutes for one confirmation of a transaction and you need at least 3.

- You need to download 10s of gigs of blockchain data and then verify it all before you can get started. All of this takes days and you haven't even done a single transaction yet!

- You need 10s of gigs of hard drive space and there's only so much pr0n you can delete.

- It's inflationary in the short to medium term but deflationary in the long term (if it survives that long).

You see a time traveller doesn't have to suffer any of the above. He can just hop into the future in his trusty time machine to avoid waiting. He enjoys the tech of the future which means petabyte hard drives so no need to delete anything. And he's paid nothing for his coins which might someday be worth trillions. It's the perfect currency for a time traveller.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TimS

Activity: 250
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 05:09:51 PM

You know, the intellectual difference between a person of median IQ and a chimpanzee is actually less than the difference between a person of median IQ and a genius (150+ stanford-binet IQ).
[citation needed]
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 05:21:40 PM

Only a time traveller would make a currency where
You and Stryker are making a classic mistake. You're starting from the conclusion you want, and then working backwards to speculate on potential evidence for this conclusion.

That's putting the cart before the horse. You start with the evidence you see, and then work forwards towards probable conclusions.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
arxwn

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 05:22:28 PM

Only a time traveller would make a currency where:

- It takes 10 minutes for one confirmation of a transaction and you need at least 3.

- You need to download 10s of gigs of blockchain data and then verify it all before you can get started. All of this takes days and you haven't even done a single transaction yet!

- You need 10s of gigs of hard drive space and there's only so much pr0n you can delete.

- It's inflationary in the short to medium term but deflationary in the long term (if it survives that long).

You see a time traveller doesn't have to suffer any of the above. He can just hop into the future in his trusty time machine to avoid waiting. He enjoys the tech of the future which means petabyte hard drives so no need to delete anything. And he's paid nothing for his coins which might someday be worth trillions. It's the perfect currency for a time traveller.

So the story is that someone came from the future created  established bitcoin and went back to the future to get his/her big fat check.
Hell yeah, I would watch that film. Maybe add some apocalyptic scenario at the end like the Paycheck
1echo

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

scams hunter!

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:23:38 PM

This is the only thing that makes sense, think about it, I don't care how informed you are there is no way you could make so many decisions in the design and early days of bitcoin that eventually panned out to be right just by chance  Smiley
Just because you were ignorant of all the economic and technical brainstorming lead up to Bitcoin, over the course of decades, doesn't mean Satoshi was a time traveller.
I agree with this. He had a good idea. Period. There is nothing special or magical about what he did. He had a very good idea and executed the idea well.

Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 05:25:45 PM

So the story is that someone came from the future created  established bitcoin and went back to the future to get his/her big fat check.
Hell yeah, I would watch that film. Maybe add some apocalyptic scenario at the end like the Paycheck
No, I think Satoshi's "first" future was the apocalyptic world, that's why he travelled back in time. See, in Satoshi's timeline, Bitcoin hadn't been invented before the extremely violent fiat economic collapse. Billions were killed in the nuclear war that followed.

So he traveled back in time to invent bitcoin 30 years before the collapse, creating a new timeline free from the apocalypse of his childhood. Maybe throw some aliens in there just to mix it up.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:28:53 PM

Ask Nick Szabo

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
arxwn

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 05:30:28 PM

No, I think Satoshi's "first" future was the apocalyptic world, that's why he travelled back in time. See, in Satoshi's timeline, Bitcoin hadn't been invented before the extremely violent fiat economic collapse. Billions were killed in the nuclear war that followed.

So he traveled back in time to invent bitcoin 30 years before the collapse, creating a new timeline free from the apocalypse of his childhood. Maybe throw some aliens in there just to mix it up.

That is briliant, lets finance a movie with that scenario
Rubber Ducky

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:35:59 PM

We'll call it "Bitcoin: All your Coinbase are belong to us"
arxwn

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 05:38:21 PM

Dude you are killing me  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 06:13:24 PM

Tesla broadly defined a mesh decentralized form of communications, when he designed wireless communications technology, and had he been the primary force for the eventual design it would have generally been configured into a protocol that was both a, mesh and decentralized.

same goes with energy and it is not a coincidence becasue if one looks at "humanity" and you see an "energy protocol" the grid system then the "information" protocol followed that path generally.

so in the same way if the "energy protocol" The Grid , was instead a "mesh" then projected forward on top of that and you have a mesh decentralized "internet"

he should perhaps now go back and change his email password.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:29:28 PM

Maybe Satoshi can bring me a Gray's Sports Almanac with Marty McFly and Doc....
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:11:18 PM
Merited by Foxpup (2)

I mean look at all the alt-coins, don't say they fail because bitcoin is here or first to market etc, it can't be that simple?!?
So finally the truth is revealed - this is what the OP is all about.

There are many reasons the altcoins fail, and they can all be grouped into two categories:

• Altcoiners are wrong about the nature of money.
  • The market will only tolerate outsized gains, such as the outsized gains that accrued the ultra-early Bitcoin adopters, once.

In order to profit from a new idea to the same degree as Satoshi, that idea must be as much as an advance over what we have today as Bitcoin was an advance over what came before.

Altcoiners want to achieve Satoshi's gains by creating a new currency while offering merely incremental improvements over his invention (if they offer anything new at all.)
Eotnak

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:56:33 PM

here's the plot, please expand into screenplay:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=667882.msg7552117#msg7552117

Actually, I heard that Satoshi is actually a neo-samuri.  In the year 2156, the Yakuza will have risen to global domination.  Without getting into too much detail (it's 142 years for Christ's sake) suffice it to say, China and USA take each other out financially, and Yakuza gains strength in the East finally bleeding into EU and demonstrating its power with a new holiday kind of like the Purge movie.

Meanwhile, a long forgotten splinter cell of Yakuza, unhappy with the direction that the NWO emporer is taking the civilized world, rebrands itself as the Neo-Samuri.  It relocates itself to the former USA and establishes a thriving underground stronghold using the cover of the Church of Latter Day Saints to recruit members and teach everyone how to tie really good knots.

For decades, the Yakuza had been using North America to test social, technical, and biological experiments before deployment to the rest of the world.  It was there that they created YHJ-43589, the first complete genetically synthetic human being derived from primordial soup.  They had been successfully creating livestock for food in this way for decades, but the human brain eluded them.  Resources waned for many years down to a single lab.  When YHJ-43589 had been born, it was just a footnote because the Yakuza authorities fully expected it to grow up trying to chew on grass or peck grain like countless others before it.

When YHJ-43589 showed promise a few years after its birth, a lab tech was so excited he got drunk one night and started telling everyone what he was doing and how a simple pheromone extraction from an extinct ant was the key.  The Neo-Samuri used this information to their advantage, and pressed the lab employees into making humans for them.  It turned out that YHJ-43589 wasn't just smart, it was a fluke.  YHJ-43589 was so brilliant, it figured out a way to tweak the human brain to its desire.  It desired change.  It desired Satoshi Nakamoto.

On February 11, 2186, Satoshi Nakamoto is born.  He can predict 10 minutes into the future.  At age 6, he uses chicken wire and parts from an old Sizolo machine to create a long range encrypted transmission device that the Neo-Samuri use liberally.  He dislikes cauliflower.

Satoshi was so brilliant that he would often argue people in circles, convincing them that they won his arguments.  He chose to walk to school instead of bringing his own lunch.  By the time he was 12, he had discovered time travel.  He was the perfect double agent, but he had his sites set much higher.

He was brought up to live the Neo-Samuri way.  Forced by the Yakuza into slave labor, he was forced to remove fly feces from pepper shakers using boxing gloves.  He desperately wanted a country for his people to call their own, and realized that he needed money to fund a full blown revolution.

On February 16, 2212, A fresh 26 year old Satoshi Nakamoto traveled back in time to create Bitcoin.  The reason we don't hear from him anymore is because he went back into the future to spend his bitcoins and wrestle a small part of the world from the clutches of an evil empire.

Sorry, I couldn't resist
tzortz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:01:42 PM

I think he is lucky also.

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:43:57 PM

Bitcoin is a revolution payment and currency system.  The more people learn about and get involved, the greater the chance of success. 

In early 2010, Satoshi probably was responsible for selling those early coins (under a different name of course)
g-uid

Activity: 259
Merit: 18

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:58:26 PM

Time travel? No way.

Tesla was an alien, Satoshi too.
arnuschky

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:29:12 AM

A time traveler! Of course! This explains everything!  Grin
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 10:44:50 AM

I'm sure he is not a time traveler. Time travel is impossible. What I'm sure of is Satoshi has very advance mind and can predict the future.

i think so, and i'm sure he's not time traveler, I think his thinking is different from others and it looks like he could read what was going to happen in the future, maybe he's indigo.

but i believe time traveler it could happen.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:50:23 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 04:26:04 PM by Bit_Happy

In early 2010, Satoshi probably was responsible for selling those early coins (under a different name of course)

Satoshi would not have sold a single BTC in early 2010 if he really believed in his project.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: