Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:01:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Islam Quiz: How much do you know?  (Read 1544 times)
sana8410

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:34:05 PM

All I can say is...I'm glad I don't have one of these Islamic fundamentalist standing over me with a gun, asking these same questions.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:16:55 PM

Sunni and Shiite Islam: Do you know the difference? Take the quiz.

Most of the world's major religions are made up of multiple sects or denominations, and Islam is no different. Islam's two major sects are the Sunnis and the Shiites, and the division and interplay between the two is a major factor in the geopolitics of the Middle East. How well do you understand Sunni and Shiite Islam? Take the quiz and find out.
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-East/2012/0205/Sunni-and-Shiite-Islam-Do-you-know-the-difference-Take-our-quiz/Question-1

Well...I really did worse than I expected with 11 Correct and 8 Wrong for 58% .The average is 69%. Try it. Don't put up the ones you actually got right or wrong as that will give all the right answers to the next player. Good luck!

ISLAM:  How much do you know?

I know they need to get their act together and control their own crazies, instead of looking the other way while those crazies kill, torture, behead, bomb, hijack and blow up airplanes, and rant like mad dogs on social media.

That's really all I need to know.
You perfectly described a part of them,but the other part are people like me and you ,who don't want to kill everything it moves or the persons that don't want to convert to our religion.
Yes I understand because i have friends that grew up in the Muslim religion and mind set.  But what I am saying is what I know about Islam is that guys like you - who don't want to kill everything that moves - need to "take care of your own" instead of looking the other way while they go half way across the world and attack the Great Satan, or whatever other imaginary creature they fantasize at the moment. 

You leave your crazies for non Muslims to take care of (and yes we will), expect no more than it to disgrace Islam as a whole.  Which it already has done as most of Islam stays silent about these atrocities.

And yes I know the difference between your news media in English and the same media in the native tongue addressed to Pakistan, Egypt, Saudi, where ever.
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:05:36 PM

17 right 2 wrong, 89% -  guessed at 1 (Sayyid common to Sunni/Shia or one or the other), reasoning that Sayyid Qutb arguably radical Islam's most influential scholar was Sunni.  His name is sometimes transliterated as Sayyed.

umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:30:00 PM

A really comprehensive test of 'basics' of Islam would be edifying and useful for understanding current conflicts - such an exercise wouldn't necessarily involve knowing Quran chapter (sura) and verse, but would consist of defining fundamental doctrinal concepts, how Islam differs from other Abrahamic faiths, key dates/events in Mohammed's life, vocabulary/terms, and historical milestones, demographics.
Maybe I'll devise one.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 05:02:28 PM

A really comprehensive test of 'basics' of Islam would be edifying and useful for understanding current conflicts - such an exercise wouldn't necessarily involve knowing Quran chapter (sura) and verse, but would consist of defining fundamental doctrinal concepts, how Islam differs from other Abrahamic faiths, key dates/events in Mohammed's life, vocabulary/terms, and historical milestones, demographics.
Maybe I'll devise one.

A good place to start would be

"Was Sayyad Qutb someone whose teachings should be followed?"

Then if the answer is Yes, jail them.

That about sums up what anyone actually needs to know about Islam.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: