Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:59:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal is smart!  (Read 972 times)
BTCIndia (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:21:59 PM

Paypal- prince of online transactions was first company to be disrupted by Bitcoin. We saw him becoming friend from foe.

Look at the campaign picture below and see how he'd trying to lead us by calling itself representative of people.

He's Nick Sazbo from Washington. I've my answer. Or Hal? :O

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
9kv

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

Learning

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:24:12 PM

Paypal- prince of online transactions was first company to be disrupted by Bitcoin. We saw him becoming friend from foe.

Look at the campaign picture below and see how he'd trying to lead us by calling itself representative of people.

-snip-
I haven't seen that picture before, that's hilarious- especially with the recent Apple leaks.
Very good marketing.
hualehua

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

I am looking for a dev!

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:15:39 PM

Very good marketing!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:25:19 PM

The problem for PayPal is that no matter what they say bitcoin is always going to be cheaper, safer, and faster than PayPal. They simply can not compete with the system they have. The inherent properties of an open, distributed, peer-to-peer network make the bitcoin protocol  superior. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
campycoin

Activity: 700

Daily Bitcoins for your Paypal/Skrill

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:29:36 PM

PayPal is embracing bitcoin....

http://youtu.be/pF7HxLCFMeY

Listen around the 10 second mark
Krang

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:30:22 PM

Looks like they're trying to take some of bitcoin's thunder with that recent add that mentioned bitcoin. The picture looks like it couldbe from that shoot.
nor9865

Activity: 700

If you think you know me.. Think again

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:49:53 PM

Paypal is boosting that it is safer than apple. But paypal will be defeated by bitcoin in the future and will be force ebay to accept bitcoin.
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:51:32 PM

-snip-
I haven't seen that picture before, that's hilarious- especially with the recent Apple leaks.
Very good marketing.

I agree. But marketing and reality at Paypal are lightyears apart.

In fact Paypal will be happy to share your data with government to proactively follow any of the so-called anti money laundering laws based on arbitrary suspicion. They freeze accounts as they see fit with you being forced to prove that you rightfully own your funds.

Maybe Paypal has noticed that their brand is going down the drain and that competition is arising. But no marketing will help against a superior solution that gives monetary freedom back into the hands of the people. They can only try to delay their demise by embracing Bitcoin, but they have no chance to withstand the change.
Mr Crabs

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:17:33 PM

Paypal is boosting that it is safer than apple. But paypal will be defeated by bitcoin in the future and will be force ebay to accept bitcoin.

Yeh this is just subtly trying to attack Apple which their new iPay or whatever it is is a threat to them.
cookiemonsterwhat

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:19:15 PM

You are spot on. Despite their great marketing efforts at the end of the day, if they had better ways to not limit accounts or all that paypal drama more people would stay for their services. Its why people praise venmo and other cool hipster apps.

Bitcoin just destroys all that, and will never change.

It allows small business to have no limits on sales.

Keep in mind that the new paypal rule to the irs is in sales volume or not $20,000 limit per year hits to the IRS automatically.
CozyLife

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Theymos, unban my account.

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 04:45:30 PM

PayPal will pervert Bitcoin just like they perverted fiat. I still can't understand why people think this is a good thing. I guess if you look at it from an acceptance perspective it is, but do you really want to transact your Bitcoin with... that?

Due to an article that BitcoinTalk didn't like that I wrote on CCN, my account is banned. Theymos refuses to reply to my request for hearing his side of the story instead of banning my account. Please sign my petition to get Theymos to unban my account. Thank you.
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:50:34 PM

Yeah they took care of our money by keeping it frozen from 3 to 6 months and after that closing your account and now they want to get your bitcoin and froze for another few months....
Cortex7

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:51:18 PM

Indeed they are, get ready to ride...
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:17:14 PM

Paypal is amazing me right now.  It's has seemed like they were anti Bitcoin, but the news I've been seeing about Paypal and Bitcoin has become even more positive.  I'm now very intrigued to learn what other plans Paypal has involving Bitcoin.
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:21:38 PM

Actually you don't need to try to guess the word, just look at the information in the video, there is a transcript:

Powering The People Economy with just one touch.

“We Are The People,
who have built a whole new place to live, dream and be.
We employ ourselves, and vote with our money.
Our phone is our wallet.
We can spend Bitcoin with a tap, without a pocket
We can buy and sell and rent and send
And lend a twenty to a friend
from the coffee bar and share-car, We Are
unstoppable, with our thumbs.
Just One Touch to buy just about anything.
No need for filling billing info time-after-time
or remember password rhymes
to get that dress, a cabin, a concert ticket.
We live on all devices, and are as mobile as nature intended.
No need to send any details or data,
Not even when we pay each other.
We have magical money, not bound by bank or bill
It’s instant, simple, and secure enough,
to get out of the way.
Consider yourself invited to 'The People Economy'"

Laddies and gentlemen its actually happening.

koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:12:27 AM

You are spot on. Despite their great marketing efforts at the end of the day, if they had better ways to not limit accounts or all that paypal drama more people would stay for their services. Its why people praise venmo and other cool hipster apps.

Bitcoin just destroys all that, and will never change.

It allows small business to have no limits on sales.

Keep in mind that the new paypal rule to the irs is in sales volume or not $20,000 limit per year hits to the IRS automatically.

Isn't Venmo a PayPal company?

Agreed that PayPal drama causes many people to hate their services though. Have never had the same kind of troubles with PayPal as other p2p businesses.

Hoping Google Wallet/Apple Pay/Bitcoin destroy PayPal.
negafen

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 07:28:21 AM

They protect the consumers and scammer.

Still have a huge customer based where merchant will need to tap to if they want to remain competitive.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: