Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:41:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do altcoins get rated in Btc value  (Read 805 times)
DigitalPirateman (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:14:48 AM

I been thinking about this ever since we got our altcoin. We want to used the altcoin on our sites with tradeable to BTC but how does it work. Does it need an exchange to be worth money and how can I get it on one? Also can I hire a developer to help the website have an exchange?

need to understand this more PLEASE help
thanks in advance
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
78lower01

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:22:28 AM

To put your altcoin into an exchange you should contact the website to be on the voting list, if you win the coin will be tradable and the demand/supply will decide the value.
raganius

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:36:28 AM

You are talking about "value". Value depends on how much someone would accept to pay for something, as well as how much someone would accept to receive in exchange for something.

I been thinking about this ever since we got our altcoin. We want to used the altcoin on our sites with tradeable to BTC but how does it work.

If you've got an Altcoin and want to offer to buy or sell it on your own website, sure you can do it. You can, for example, just offer it by putting the price you believe is fair. If anyone is interested in paying the price you have put for the coin, you'll have a deal.

Does it need an exchange to be worth money and how can I get it on one?

An exchange would make things much simpler, because it brings together sellers and buyers, and the market formed among them will set the fair price at any given moment.

Usually, if there's enough demand any exchange would want to offer structure to trade your coin.

Also can I hire a developer to help the website have an exchange?

need to understand this more PLEASE help
thanks in advance

Sure. If your intention is to start an exchange, the best thing you can do is to find someone experienced to help you with it, because it would be a huge risk for someone inexperienced, and lacking know-how to run an exchange. So many are the dangers (of being hacked, of failures, etc)
DigitalPirateman (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:48:28 AM

Thank you we actually found a developer for an exchange but I thought it was too good to be true for the price of development I would like the coin to be traded on other exchanges too just for the popularity to bitcoin but with project plans I don't want to wait until it get approve I want it to be able to get traded as soon as the projects are up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: