Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:17:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S4 2TH/s, Batch 1 on Sale this week, shipping before Sept. Ends  (Read 33385 times)
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:41:03 PM

It'll have to be a quick sale then, it's the 17th and they're planning on shipping the 20st. With no verifiable details whatsoever atm.

Very curious.

I stand corrected, they want to start shipping before EOM.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:48:25 PM

Difficulty sky-rocketing
Coin dropping like a stone
S3 roll out sucked
S4 will be over priced
Bitmain is mining with these RIGHT NOW

PASS.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
Pt0x

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:59:23 PM

Anyone else thinks this device will use 3U ? or is just me? Maybe the PSU won't let Bitmain do the change. But how knows.

BTC: 17sz6AoYVpwXjaStmnVCsGTufUhvrAMhTw
mazedk

Activity: 457

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:02:13 PM

Anyone else thinks this device will use 3U ? or is just me? Maybe the PSU won't let Bitmain do the change. But how knows.

Could be they spend some time getting a proper sized PSU from somewhere in china.. shouldnt be too big of a deal if they order 50.000 of them
R4v37

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:08:24 PM

Difficulty sky-rocketing
Coin dropping like a stone
S3 roll out sucked
S4 will be over priced
Bitmain is mining with these RIGHT NOW

PASS.
dont care if they're mining using these S4 right now
i only care for the price

check hashnest.com
even 2TH/s , u have to pay BTC2.7
by selling S4, i dont think it'll be below BTC2.7
maybe BTC3 or so

Phosphorous

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:30:12 PM

Yes, it looks 3U to me.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:07:16 PM

You idiots should stop funding Chinese mining farm.... seriously you think you can beat them?
For every S4 sold, it will fund 5x S4s for their farm.

What do you suggest as an alternative?

alternative to what? losing money? when you pay more BTC than you can ever mine for a device, then you're dumb as fck.

All the money ppl've invested into bitcoin mining end up in hardware vendors pocket. Meanwhile they have capital to build mining farm at the ideal operating expenses to compete with their customers.

Go ahead if you think you can make money. 99% new miners are get-rich-quick idiots anyway. Ppl who made tons of money from mining btc already quit.
generalt
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:08:35 PM

They need a little time to swap all the S2's in their farm with S4's then they will start shipping customers equipment once they have rode out another difficulty increment at increased hash rate  Tongue

Yup.  Once this is released difficulties will skyrocket.  If they price it too high, then you never ROI.  If they price it low, then they sell a ton of them and difficulties sky rockets and again you never ROI.

I wonder what happens to all their old S2's from their farm.  I wished they would sell those really cheap.

BTC: 1GENERALrtBAjEv2Ps5cmEW1FADnXh1bCZ
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:18:40 PM

Hello Sir,

I am From India. I am looking to buy Bitcoin Miner .

If I Order it from you, Are you able to do shipping to maharashtra, India.

If its possible, then I am going to order it .

Plz pm me with more details about shipping to India.

+1

This dude is awesome. I like the way he thinks.

On a side note. kinda looks 3u sizable doesnt it? - if the image is sized properly.. Would be nice to fit 2ths in 3u.. I wouldnt mind Smiley

Thanks mate.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:27:13 PM

You idiots should stop funding Chinese mining farm.... seriously you think you can beat them?

Bullshit.

I don't believe for a second that Bitmaintech is making a huge profit on every miner they sell. Guy from Spondoolies, who knows a heck of a lot more about other manufacturer costs than you do, said that Bitmaintech's margins are very, very low in the post below.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521520.msg8516387#msg8516387

A bit of simple math proves that he is correct. A S3 currently sells at .58 BTC, which is ~$264 at the current BTC price of $455. Bitmain has non recurring costs for engineering and development, labor costs for assembly, facility overhead costs, material costs, taxes, and shipping costs. After everything is said and done, I would be surprised if they make a 10% profit on each S3 sold.

Bitmain is making their money by selling a lot of miners with a really low profit on each one.
pedrosoft

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:55:27 PM

I'm, as always, interested on new products of bitmaintech. But I continue to prefer modular design Smiley
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:30:00 PM

Bullshit.

I don't believe for a second that Bitmaintech is making a huge profit on every miner they sell. Guy from Spondoolies, who knows a heck of a lot more about other manufacturer costs than you do, said that Bitmaintech's margins are very, very low in the post below.

A bit of simple math proves that he is correct. A S3 currently sells at .58 BTC, which is ~$264 at the current BTC price of $455. Bitmain has non recurring costs for engineering and development, labor costs for assembly, facility overhead costs, material costs, taxes, and shipping costs. After everything is said and done, I would be surprised if they make a 10% profit on each S3 sold.

Bitmain is making their money by selling a lot of miners with a really low profit on each one.

They are like the Walmart of BTC miners. I have bought dozens of Bitmain's miners. Never had issues with any of them, knock on wood.
vortexz
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:39:00 PM

come on guys, you said sales will start this week, it's already wednesday and we have no info about price, shipping, power consumption, psu, etc etc
I think it's time for you to give us some more info !
Count_Frackula

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 04:42:51 PM

Bullshit.

They are like the Walmart of BTC miners. I have bought dozens of Bitmain's miners. Never had issues with any of them, knock on wood.

That's just insulting.  That implies that they make crappy products at cheap prices.  Maybe the Amazon of BTC miners is a better analogy.

Rent my SHA-256 rigs on Mining Rig Rentals.
edonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:45:04 PM

come on guys, you said sales will start this week, it's already wednesday and we have no info about price, shipping, power consumption, psu, etc etc
I think it's time for you to give us some more info !

+1

The other day I asked for the unit's dimensions, which seems like a harmless request, and haven't gotten a response. If I'm going to get any of these, I have to plan where I'll put them.

Also, some of us (like me) don't have a lot of spare BTC laying around. If the S4 makes sense, I'll probably have to convert from fiat. That takes time, which means that if I don't have pricing info in advance of them taking orders, I won't be part of batch 1.

They should put up the info, including price, and hold off on orders until they're ready.

Was I helpful?   BTC: 3G1Ubof5u8K9iJkM8We2f3amYZgGVdvpHr
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:48:26 PM

I wonder what happens to all their old S2's from their farm.  I wished they would sell those really cheap.

They already sold them to a bunch of suckers.... see hashnest.com

TheJuice

Activity: 840
Merit: 608

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:12:22 PM

Does anyone know of this is the same chip repackaged or a new chip? Probably the same chip which would put this on the edge of too much for the home. 
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:00:51 PM

Bullshit.

As usual, they making money with units which hashing for them. If profit was small they wouldn't sell them and just drop everything to make as much btc as possible.

You want really cheap miner? Stop buying them and watch what will happen with price.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:12:58 PM

Bullshit.

As usual, they making money with units which hashing for them. If profit was small they wouldn't sell them and just drop everything to make as much btc as possible.

You want really cheap miner? Stop buying them and watch what will happen with price.

+1
I will let these idiots enjoying their dream of making money, trying to compete with 5cent/KWh. LOL
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:26:08 PM

Bullshit.

+1
I will let these idiots enjoying their dream of making money, trying to compete with 5cent/KWh. LOL

The cost to produce a miner is completely independent of whether or not it will ROI. Bitmain cannot control the network difficulty or price of BTC, and it is not their fault if miners can't do simple math and continue to over invest in mining hardware.

There is a floor to how low miner prices can do based on the cost to produce it, and if Bitmain can still manufacture and sell miners at a profit, they will continue to do so.

Bitmain does make quality products, but I also believe that their margins have to be pretty small at this point in time.

$500 BTC at a 30B difficulty is very bad for miners and miner manufacturers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: