Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:49:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S4 2TH/s, Batch 1 on Sale this week, shipping before Sept. Ends  (Read 33385 times)
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:35:11 AM

I am also thinking to buy a AntMiner S3 , from bitmaintech.

But then i think , may be i will loose my money , if it is not shipped to my address on time.

If this happen , where i will claim ?

Its better to buy something locally , so that u can claim it ASAP.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinRuinedMyLife

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:51:33 AM

They need btc price above $500 to launch as planned.
Since there is no real miner image is released, there is also a chance that the miners are still under development.

Yes. Otherwise they will be delaying or setting a high bitcoin price and people later will be upset if they lower it.
aclass

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:01:07 AM

and now the site is down...
vortexz
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:32:46 AM

maybe they are updating it !
hooray !
Subw

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:39:30 AM

Maybe they are out of bussiness, difficulty killed them
mazedk

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:47:22 AM

Maybe they are out of bussiness, difficulty killed them

Doubt it. And bitmain was online at 08:02..

My guess, updating website at the moment getting ready for launch. But, I do think they will price is higher than what we expected due to the low bitcoin price .. - again, they can always just mine with the unsold gear themselves.
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:48:29 AM

if price of btc not be up a lot
mining is not good at all
buy asap btc
Biontic

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

HodL tight, it's gonna get wild

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 09:07:59 AM

Site still down
http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/bitmaintech.com.html.html
- update soon?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
 Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." ~George Bernard Shaw
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 09:17:56 AM

so many inpatient people. reminds me apple and their shit phone. ....people was sleeping in front of the shops to get one.

people just come down. come the f..CK down.

once bitmain is ready you will hear it....
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 09:50:42 AM

Site's back up (and no, no pricing yet)

BitcoinRuinedMyLife

Activity: 61

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:01:22 AM

if price of btc not be up a lot
mining is not good at all
buy asap btc
It's actually great. Maybe it will put some of the monster farms out of business. Doubt it, but still  Grin
Biontic

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

HodL tight, it's gonna get wild

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 10:19:44 AM

Still says shipping before Sept ends...
which, imo, is optimistic, given we still haven't seen pics or specs - Manufacturers are in a sticky spot at the moment, with the price still sliding... Nobody in their right minds would spend fiat on Hardware, when its more economical to just buy BTC...
And unless the cost to manufacture and ship is less then the hardware will generate before diff makes it obsolete, why continue...
Particularly as the manufacturers are competing against their customers by deploying huge farms?!?!?!
Interesting times ahead (as ever)

Some interesting numbers here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=518111.msg8633549#msg8633549 on BurtW's thread

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
 Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." ~George Bernard Shaw
Stratobitz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:39:38 AM

Still says shipping before Sept ends...
which, imo, is optimistic, given we still haven't seen pics or specs - Manufacturers are in a sticky spot at the moment, with the price still sliding... Nobody in their right minds would spend fiat on Hardware, when its more economical to just buy BTC...
And unless the cost to manufacture and ship is less then the hardware will generate before diff makes it obsolete, why continue...
Particularly as the manufacturers are competing against their customers by deploying huge farms?!?!?!
Interesting times ahead (as ever)

Some interesting numbers here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=518111.msg8633549#msg8633549 on BurtW's thread

If prices continue to slide, let's say hypothetically to $250, I believe at that point large farms would shut down as AC costs would exceed mining proceeds.

This is in fact a very real possibility.

In addition, mining profitability is at best 20% ish for those buying best price/performance hardware. One or two more difficulty changes of 15% or more will make mining a lose lose scenario.

Miner Manufacturers have the edge because the ASICs they produce cost them far less than what they sell to consumers/miners.

So if price stays flat and difficulty goes up 30% - Small Miners and Farms will start shutting down.

If price tanks even manufacturers will not be able to mine for profit.

Both scenarios above will result in a drawback of difficulty in mining. But people will also stop buying mining hardware. This will put manufacturers in a tough position, holding tons of inventory, unable to sell. Now couple this with a drop in price in BTC and I smell disaster. Their bankers will come calling for sure.

A bit crazy, but in my opinion we may see some sort of "shakedown" by the big players. The market has to find an equilibrium, where mining is at least produces more fiat value than operating costs (hardware aside), and manufacturers can make profit making their products.

Something will happen soon. There is no way around it.

Strato
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 11:54:28 AM

so many inpatient people. reminds me apple and their shit phone. ....people was sleeping in front of the shops to get one.

people just come down. come the f..CK down.

once bitmain is ready you will hear it....

Who comes first, paints first

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Serby

Activity: 91

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:14:40 PM

Thinking about getting a S4, just not sure about buying BTC directly would be a better idea. What's your take?

FIrst of all, sorry to the ones asking about the good returns I have by mining altcoins instead of BTC directly. There are a lot of altcoins (SHA256) around which are lost for the eyes of the public (thank God!) and they give near steady earnings. I also managed to set up a small private pool and I have 5-10 miners who mine there. As every altcoin can turn to not profitable in a day or so, we got a return of 0,02-0,05BTC/day/1 Antminer S3.

So, if oyu are thinking of outside the box and you believe in BTC then think about that. If you buy BTC directly then you will have a FIX amount of BTC. Of course you can lend it to someone at BTCjam or some other site but thats risky.
On the other hand if you have a device which capable of CREATING and endless supply of BTC slowly, day by day, then I assume 100% of people would choose that option!

So thats why I think that buying a 1-2-3-5 Ths SHA256 Miner is a good investment.
And in December when the new 100-300 Mhs Scrypt ASIC miners will come out that will be a glorious day for me! My Scrypt pool will be ready and I will mine the shit out of every good scrypt coin I know! Cool

Thanks for the reply. As I came across this excellent thread, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=518111.60, I changed my mind. Could it be that, both trading and mining at the same time, is the best option?
Serby

Activity: 91

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:18:41 PM

It all comes down to pricing. Do the math and see how many BTC will S4 mine in it's lifetime. Consider also the fact that you can not sell it fast whenever you want, unlike BTC

Thinking about getting a S4, just not sure about buying BTC directly would be a better idea. What's your take?

Good point, any ideas what the average lifetime of the S4 would be? On a side note, there must be a way to prolonge it somehow, even if it's mining 7/24.
aclass

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:22:06 PM

The hardware can go for years, but the electricity it burns will soon be more than it makes mining. This can only be extended if you have free/cheap electricity.
Use some of the online calculators to find out more about the revenue it will generate
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 12:31:51 PM

I'm guessing Bitmain literally means before September ends, like literally shipping on the 31st.

My uneducated guess is they're waiting for any BTC price pump up, so they can better profit on the S4 sales, and mitigate shipping costs.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
mrpark

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 01:00:21 PM

I'm guessing Bitmain literally means before September ends, like literally shipping on the 31st.

My uneducated guess is they're waiting for any BTC price pump up, so they can better profit on the S4 sales, and mitigate shipping costs.

No, they said on twitter and also on their website "THIS WEEK".

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
chaosknight

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 01:02:52 PM

This is taking forever. It was suppose to be last month..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: