Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:03:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm just going to leave this here...  (Read 1158 times)
grue (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 12:39:26 AM

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
R-

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2012, 06:00:04 PM

I am happy they pay low taxes. Those who don't understand why corps don't pay high taxes probably slept through their finance/macroeconomics courses.
Tuxavant

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2012, 01:24:29 PM

I'm happier when invididuals pay low taxes because they always know how to make a free economy work and what best to do with their money whether they took macroeconomics or not.

bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 05:27:33 PM

This is dumb. It looks at revenues, not expenses, it only looks at "income" taxes, etc. There is a story here but that infographic does not tell it, it will only preach to the choir.
R-

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2012, 10:55:54 PM

I'm happier when invididuals pay low taxes because they always know how to make a free economy work and what best to do with their money whether they took macroeconomics or not.
I have to disagree with you there Tuxavant. A significant percentage of 'individuals' have no idea. Individuals who aren't motivated to put their money back into the economy and stimulate growth don't know what is best.

The survey found that over a quarter — 25.6 percent — of all households either don’t have a checking or savings account at all, or have a bank account but still choose to rely regularly on “alternative financial services” like payday lenders and pawn shops.
Source: http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/12/04/unbanked-america/
Tuxavant

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2012, 10:59:04 PM

I have to disagree with you there Tuxavant. A significant percentage of 'individuals' have no idea. Individuals who aren't motivated to put their money back into the economy and stimulate growth don't know what is best.

So you're saying the majority of people save their money and/or do investments? I'd say it's the exact opposite - people spend what they have on what they perceive they need, paycheck-to-paycheck. You can't get any more free-market than that. That is people putting their money back into the economy every chance they get.

R-

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2012, 11:08:14 PM

So you're saying the majority of people save their money and/or do investments? I'd say it's the exact opposite - people spend what they have on what they perceive they need, paycheck-to-paycheck. You can't get any more free-market than that.

I'd say the majority of people are consumer spenders and investors. You do realize that putting your money in a bank is 'investing'.

That is people putting their money back into the economy every chance they get.

And the money sitting under their mattresses?
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 04:07:55 AM

This is dumb. It looks at revenues, not expenses, it only looks at "income" taxes, etc. There is a story here but that infographic does not tell it, it will only preach to the choir.

Not to mention that many of the small and medium sized oil and gas companies are not even corporations, but instead are LLCs or limited partnerships so they won't be taxed at the corporate tax rate anyway.  The larger oil and gas companies are involved in international markets and that revenue is not subject to the corporate tax rate.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Dutch Merganser

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 06:17:34 AM

Pure spankage drives out ordinary spankage.

"Science flies you to the Moon, religion flies you into buildings."
 - Victor Stenger

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and the rulers as useful."
 - Seneca the Elder (ca. 54 BCE - ca. 39 CE) Roman rhetorician
asdf

Activity: 527

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 11:05:44 PM

The survey found that over a quarter — 25.6 percent — of all households either don’t have a checking or savings account at all, or have a bank account but still choose to rely regularly on “alternative financial services” like payday lenders and pawn shops.
Source: http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/12/04/unbanked-america/

What's "best" is subjective and up to the individual to determine. No one has the right to tell anyone what to spend the fruits of their labor on. You might think it's best for your neighbor to invest in some stock. He might think it's best to buy that new TV he really wants. Remember, the economy is not an ends in itself, but a means to provide us with material wealth.

As for their influence on the economy, if they end up giving a disproportionate amount of their income to payday lenders, great; now the money is in the hands of someone who does know how to invest it. Is there a problem here?

If someone puts their money under a mattress for 10 years, that just means the value of everyone's money increases, until that money is spent.

Also, spending for the sake of it doesn't grow the economy. Savings and capital does.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: