Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:26:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin: Time for BTC to Bow Down?! or will it stay number one?  (Read 3014 times)
truehold3r

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:49:14 PM

Bitcoin price falls with increased adoption.

We'll see prices below 300 this year. And below 100 next year.

You only want to buy cheap coins, like most bears in this forum Smiley

♬-♬-♬-♬ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ Earn up to 0.05 btc/week by posting in the LTB forum!!! ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ♬-♬-♬-♬ --------->
<--------- LTB coin now traded on Poloniex!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:56:47 PM

Yes, there will always be alt coins, but bitcoin will probably stay at number one. If it wasn't for bitcoin, there wouldn't be any altcoins. I think altcoins will have their place, but I don't see any other than litecoin that has any real traction.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:20:56 PM

I don't think that would happen anytime to soon.  Bitcoin would need to be adopted more before there was enough people interested in supporting a much newer coin.  I think Bitcoin has the faith of most of the crypto community and even if that changed it wouldn't happen overnight.
Moneroman88 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 08:57:41 AM

I don't think that would happen anytime to soon.  Bitcoin would need to be adopted more before there was enough people interested in supporting a much newer coin.  I think Bitcoin has the faith of most of the crypto community and even if that changed it wouldn't happen overnight.

I think your point of view is wrong. Although they have heard of it, most people refrain from investing in Bitcoin because the price is too high and there's too much negativity to be read about it everywhere. Other coins have a better name and brand, thus can possibly achieve attracting the actual masses that Bitcoin completely lacks. This would manifest itself in a downfall of Bitcoin and I can see this happening next year. Correct me if I'm wrong in my thinking.
fonsie

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:00:10 AM

I don't think that would happen anytime to soon.  Bitcoin would need to be adopted more before there was enough people interested in supporting a much newer coin.  I think Bitcoin has the faith of most of the crypto community and even if that changed it wouldn't happen overnight.

I think your point of view is wrong. Although they have heard of it, most people refrain from investing in Bitcoin because the price is too high and there's too much negativity to be read about it everywhere. Other coins have a better name and brand, thus can possibly achieve attracting the actual masses that Bitcoin completely lacks. This would manifest itself in a downfall of Bitcoin and I can see this happening next year. Correct me if I'm wrong in my thinking.

I think your point of view is wrong. If somebody isn't going to buy bitcoin, they sure as hell aren't going to buy some other coins they can't spend anywhere.

I decided to no longer use a signature, because people were trolling me about it.
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:45:18 AM

Bitcoin price falls with increased adoption.

Holy cow, this guy gets it!  Grin

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
maker88

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:52:21 AM

Has the time come for Bitcoin to bow? Now that there are coins with superior infrastructure...

if you could name one coin with better infrastructure id like to hear it. please include all companies that take said coin with better infrastructure, as merchant acceptance is about 90% of what a currencies infrastructure is comprised of. i think monero might have a future, but right now you really can't use it anywhere, so currently bitcoin is better
Unbelive

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:58:57 AM

people, you cant discus anything with this guy. He is classical troll. Unless getting paid to do this, he gets energy by making other people nervous. Yes i know is not positive energy. And i guess that makes him like this. He made several topics in alt coin sections, pretending to be paid Monero supporter. But doing opposite, and fight with developers and try to scare investors. It seems he dont like BTC either lol.

Moneroman88 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 11:52:35 PM

Has the time come for Bitcoin to bow? Now that there are coins with superior infrastructure...

if you could name one coin with better infrastructure id like to hear it. please include all companies that take said coin with better infrastructure, as merchant acceptance is about 90% of what a currencies infrastructure is comprised of. i think monero might have a future, but right now you really can't use it anywhere, so currently bitcoin is better

I agree with most of your assessments. However, I think you did forget about one crucial point. One undoubtedly extremely inferior point about Bitcoin is that it neglects freedom as it neglects privacy. By ignoring privacy concerns in an era of the NSA and big brother watching, Bitcoin is shooting itself. Monero is filling this very gap which makes it the better coin - in my personal judgement.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 11:54:43 PM

I agree with most of your assessments. However, I think you did forget about one crucial point. One undoubtedly extremely inferior point about Bitcoin is that it neglects freedom as it neglects privacy. By ignoring privacy concerns in an era of the NSA and big brother watching, Bitcoin is shooting itself. Monero is filling this very gap which makes it the better coin - in my personal judgement.

what a fudster.

lets fight fud with fud

darkcoins will be banned by ALL governments have fun selling your "superior" coins to yourselves on epicly slow tor network.

Moneroman88 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 11:56:28 PM

what a fudster.

Do you have anything to contribute other than posting three irrelevant words? If so, please go ahead. Otherwise I kindly ask you to stay away from this topic, spam is unwelcome here. Thank you for your understanding, adamstgBit.
   edit; I see you edited your post adding a little more content to it. Appreciated!
Moneroman88 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 11:57:47 PM

darkcoins will be banned by ALL governments

I don't care about your government.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 11:59:14 PM

problem is governments cares about you...

Moneroman88 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:01:57 AM

In what way? It certainly does care about keeping my finances transparent indeed. Sorry government, with Bitcoin you can, with freedom-and-privacy-endorsing coins such as Monero you can't. Poor you, government. Game over. Try to ban the internet to stop us from enjoying privacy, government, you're going to fail. The people are the real government, not those trying to rule me for their own benefit. If you - Adam - think otherwise, you must be a FIAT supporter?!

Privacy is undoubtedly the #1 concern in Cryptocurrency. If Bitcoin keeps neglecting privacy and thus freedom, the result will inevitably be irrelevance and decay.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 12:08:14 AM

In what way? It certainly does care about keeping my finances transparent indeed. Sorry government, with Bitcoin you can, with freedom-and-privacy-endorsing coins such as Monero you can't. Poor you, government. Game over. Try to ban the internet to stop me, you're going to fail, poor government. The people are the real government, not those trying to rule me. If you - Adam - think otherwise, you must be a FIAT supporter?!

they can't stop you no, but they can make it hard for you to really use it, for example pressuring exchanges to delist the coin, etc.

its a possibility these drak coins need to consider.

i think the openness of bitcoin is good, makes it very easy to see how money is spent when you donate it to charity for example.

the semi-anonymousness of bitcoin is good enough privacy for me, mostly i like the fact i don't have to type in my CC info when making online purchases, i have no need to make my tx even more private, and if i did i'd probably use bitcoin still, just under tor of some vpn or wtv.

Moneroman88 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:09:32 AM

In what way? It certainly does care about keeping my finances transparent indeed. Sorry government, with Bitcoin you can, with freedom-and-privacy-endorsing coins such as Monero you can't. Poor you, government. Game over. Try to ban the internet to stop me, you're going to fail, poor government. The people are the real government, not those trying to rule me. If you - Adam - think otherwise, you must be a FIAT supporter?!

they can't stop you no, but they can make it hard for you to really use it, for example pressuring exchanges to delist the coin, etc.

i think the openness of bitcoin is good, makes it very easy to see how money is spent when you donate it to charity for example.

the semi-anonymousness of bitcoin is good enough privacy for me, mostly i like the fact i don't have to type in my CC info when making online purchases, i have no need to make my tx even more private, and if i did i'd probably use bitcoin still, just under tor of some vpn or wtv.

Thank you for your reply!
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 12:11:49 AM

Thank you for your reply!
cool!
so now you understand why bitcoin will always be #1
good  my work here is done.

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:23:25 AM

tbh i dont get the anon discussion.

imho when (not if  Grin) bitcoin will succeed it

1. wont take long until btc will adopt some kind of anon solution. like you guys pointed out btc is pseudonymous but for (legal, for illegal even more i guess) big money anonymity will be very important. large copororations and high net worth individuals dont want to / won't share their transaction informations nor their amount of wealth to a public ledger that might be there forever.
Even with rather small ressources you can backtrace alot of stuff, just imagine in the future when new hardware and software is released which will make backtracing alot more easier.

2. will already have some sort of anon solution integrated. (for the same reason i stated above)

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌