Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:08:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Darkcoin Launching RC5 September 22nd & working on Instant Transactions paper  (Read 1234 times)
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:47:41 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 10:13:35 PM by qwizzie

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc5-launching-september-22nd.2382/

RC5 - Spork Ahead!

Development has been moving along consistently and we’re almost ready to launch. We’re going to be launching RC5 on the 22nd (Next Monday).

Instant Transactions

We’re working on a paper describing the instant transaction system, expect that on Friday. We’ll also have more announcements and very detailed development update coming later this week.

What's included and what's the plan?

RC5 has a basic version of enforcement built into it that when activated will guarantee masternode payments are present in a block. So far, testing has proven the code is working and we're in the process of working out some of the final issues with it. The code is very simple and when activated the network will simply reject blocks from pools that have not updated.

Open Source

Darksend will be open sourced one week after RC5 has been released, September 29th. This will allow updates if needed before the code is released.

What's Next?

Darksend is working really nicely with no pressing issues presently. I would like to take some time and implement the Instant Transaction system immediately following release or RC5.

-Evan

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:58:49 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 08:50:24 PM by qwizzie

This will finalize Darksend and prepares the way to opensource Darksend which will be very soon after RC5.
After RC5 there will be a focus on implementing an unique system of Instant Transactions, more details about that
will follow soon... stay tuned.

Very exciting times right now for Darkcoin.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:24:06 PM

Awesome!!!!!

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
pbleak
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:41:34 PM

It's pretty nice for sure  Smiley
var53

Activity: 345
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:53:09 PM

How long is it likely to take to implement Instant Transactions after the release of the Instant Transactions paper?
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:03:34 PM

How long is it likely to take to implement Instant Transactions after the release of the Instant Transactions paper?

Evan seemed to imply that it was relatively simple.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
vertoe

Activity: 518
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:10:32 PM

Isnt RC5 meant to be open sourced?
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:31:31 PM

This will finalize Darksend+ and prepares the way to opensource Darksend+ which will be very soon after RC5.
After RC5 there will be a focus on implementing an unique system of Instant Transactions, more details about that

Thank for this thread qwizzie. There are so many great updates and indications of tremendous work being one. I think DRK has a very sound future and I'm looking forward to the exciting times ahead.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:34:54 PM

Isnt RC5 meant to be open sourced?

i know a lot of effort went into RC5 to make Darksend opensource ready (i think i read somewhere that Evan felt it could be done with RC5 already and so he and some of his collegue's were placing commenting in the code for opensource purposes). But i havent seen an official statement yet that RC5 will mean open-source for Darksend, maybe more will get clear with the next development update that Evan mentions....

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:36:32 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 08:51:09 PM by qwizzie

This will finalize Darksend and prepares the way to opensource Darksend which will be very soon after RC5.

Thank for this thread qwizzie. There are so many great updates and indications of tremendous work being one. I think DRK has a very sound future and I'm looking forward to the exciting times ahead.

no problem .. glad to be of service.

pbleak
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:37:53 PM

I am sure we will get more details as we come up to next Monday re: open source, etc.
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:12:18 PM

some new information came to light so i'm going to update first post.

edit : done

pbleak
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:18:06 PM

Thanks for the update. Time to get in boys  Smiley
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:18:33 PM

Hardcore shit scam coin is bringing rc5 in september.  i fail to see why this is important ?!

~CfA~

stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:26:37 PM

Amazinggggggggggg

Open source means trust and adoption for everyday use.

There ain't many coins left on the market. Get em while they are hot
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: