Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:20:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466757 times)
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 11:39:10 AM

Has anyone designed the pamphlet yet that nick asked for help with? I wish i was better at photoshop.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 01:17:19 PM

This post just made me realize how doomed this project is. You are going to go explain this door to door? Wow dedicated but misguided. I just realized something too while trying to figure out a way to make this coin work again, what I realized is that BitCoin will always be worth something since it takes power/electricity to create it along with the costs of ASIC Miners. Whatever the costs are and were, makes the floor, whatever it is worth as profit or speculative is the motive. Something that took nothing to create just to make a better BitCoin model will never be adopted, since no one will be driven to buy Solar just to create a coin. Even if they are, or just want to claim credits, then they will wring out any profit they can and pay off their systems with it. So you need people buying in at that point and perpetually to sustain it.

Think about it, you own a Solar rig, you hear about Solar Coin, lets say you even hold your credited coin for a few months. What else is there to do with the coin but wait for the price to go up? So you see a bump in price, you take your coin to market, I guess that is all you can really do since you already bought your SolarCoin T-Shirt in USD and can get it for free by selling off the credited coin.

The only ability of this coin to make progress will be those who think it is worth investing in who buy in. Anyone who gets credits will automatically sell them at market for BitCoin. So you have a constant sell off. People who buy these sells can use the coin of course, but on what? Even if there is something to use it on the Merchant must go back to Fiat and sells, perpetual downtrend. So you have a repeating cycle and downward trend. No stability since there is too much coin, then you have profiteers, but it will soon be proven you can not make a profit so even they will go away.

Hope you guys figure this out somehow...

Just in case you missed this real-life answer to your concerns - came out a week or so ago:
http://www.coindesk.com/clients-prompt-green-energy-supplier-to-accept-bitcoin/

You just illustrated my point, they are accepting BitCoin payments. As they accept BitCoin now they do not need another source of coin. Why would they? So they can go from SolarCoin back into BitCoin? So what happens now when a huge company starts to accept BitCoin for energy they produce now turns BitCoin into a shell game. Example: The company accepts Thousands of BitCoin for the payment of their Power. The company then can choose to either Speculate that people are buying the BitCoin to pay their bills with and there may be plenty of buyers of BitCoin so they may hold and wait for the price to climb. Or they just sell out immediately to FIAT. The Power Company must pay its employees, must do preventative maintenance on their infrastructure. They must get Money for the BitCoin Payments, in order to fulfill their economic liabilities.

So this power is generated now by the power company at a fraction of the cost of what they charge, and bears its brunt of Consumer COST or the companies Revenue into BitCoin. BitCoin is volitile mainly because these companies are accepting it now only to sell it out. Creating no economic worth other than a transaction. Repeat this over and over and see how the price of BitCoin will decline, this is the same issue facing SolarCoin and staring it right in the face. Since everyone KNOWS companies who accept any Crypto Currency have to get out in order to be economically stable.

Do you expect this Green Company to live in a BitCoin bubble and pay its workers in BitCoin and pay all of its contractors and suppliers in BitCoin? If you say yes to this now you have to also realize that every worker/employee, contractor or supplier who accepts the Power Company payment in BitCoin must also not break the bubble and leave for FIAT. Otherwise the selling alone will be its own depreciation. Again you may have people buying in to pay their power bill over and over but why? The people using BitCoin are most likely the ones who got in early and hoarded it and sold off only to buy in lower. So they love using BitCoin it is a great deal.

Now why would I take $400 a month to go to an exchange and buy $400 worth of BitCoin just to pay my utility bill? If the price goes up or down the Utility will PEG to FIAT so it won't take away money from my $400, but I just created an extra step where I didn't need to just to pay my bill. So this shows a sell off is more likely in the long run rather than a buy in. People who Buy in are either Speculating or buying Alt Coins in hope they sky-rocket, kind of like SolarCoin. When you should be understanding more by now that the prices will not sky-rocket and make you Rich, they will just be swapped out for FIAT when companies need liquidity.
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 01:34:22 PM

You just illustrated my point, they are accepting BitCoin payments. As they accept BitCoin now they do not need another source of coin. Why would they? So they can go from SolarCoin back into BitCoin? So what happens now when a huge company starts to accept BitCoin for energy they produce now turns BitCoin into a shell game. Example: The company accepts Thousands of BitCoin for the payment of their Power. The company then can choose to either Speculate that people are buying the BitCoin to pay their bills with and there may be plenty of buyers of BitCoin so they may hold and wait for the price to climb. Or they just sell out immediately to FIAT. The Power Company must pay its employees, must do preventative maintenance on their infrastructure. They must get Money for the BitCoin Payments, in order to fulfill their economic liabilities.

So this power is generated now by the power company at a fraction of the cost of what they charge, and bears its brunt of Consumer COST or the companies Revenue into BitCoin. BitCoin is volitile mainly because these companies are accepting it now only to sell it out. Creating no economic worth other than a transaction. Repeat this over and over and see how the price of BitCoin will decline, this is the same issue facing SolarCoin and staring it right in the face. Since everyone KNOWS companies who accept any Crypto Currency have to get out in order to be economically stable.

Do you expect this Green Company to live in a BitCoin bubble and pay its workers in BitCoin and pay all of its contractors and suppliers in BitCoin? If you say yes to this now you have to also realize that every worker/employee, contractor or supplier who accepts the Power Company payment in BitCoin must also not break the bubble and leave for FIAT. Otherwise the selling alone will be its own depreciation. Again you may have people buying in to pay their power bill over and over but why? The people using BitCoin are most likely the ones who got in early and hoarded it and sold off only to buy in lower. So they love using BitCoin it is a great deal.

Now why would I take $400 a month to go to an exchange and buy $400 worth of BitCoin just to pay my utility bill? If the price goes up or down the Utility will PEG to FIAT so it won't take away money from my $400, but I just created an extra step where I didn't need to just to pay my bill. So this shows a sell off is more likely in the long run rather than a buy in. People who Buy in are either Speculating or buying Alt Coins in hope they sky-rocket, kind of like SolarCoin. When you should be understanding more by now that the prices will not sky-rocket and make you Rich, they will just be swapped out for FIAT when companies need liquidity.

Well... no Smiley You just illustrated your point. I illustrated mine.

You repeat this:
 BitCoin is volitile mainly because these companies are accepting it now only to sell it out. Creating no economic worth other than a transaction.

I repeat this:
 "I am very happy about this. My goal is to live without a bank account as soon as possible. I am still far from that, but the electricity invoice is an important part of my monthly budget, so that's a big step forward for me."
y_virtual

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 01:55:46 PM

You repeat this:
 BitCoin is volitile mainly because these companies are accepting it now only to sell it out. Creating no economic worth other than a transaction.

I repeat this:
 "I am very happy about this. My goal is to live without a bank account as soon as possible. I am still far from that, but the electricity invoice is an important part of my monthly budget, so that's a big step forward for me."

And then, of course, solar panel owners will not even need to buy BTC to buy SLR - they will be claiming their SLR. So that's why they will love SLR over BTC.

Yeah... Looks like the FED are looking for ways to remain "economically stable" (?!?), too:
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/ibm-federal-reserve-want-create-bitcoin-knock-off/
y_virtual

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 04:06:10 PM

One word: Solarfarm. worth more than 10 timer the current market cap of SLR. In just a few days. A Thailandese guy who cannot even speak or write English.
And yet, he has achieved in a few days what this pretentious project hasn't been able to even remotely achieve in over a year. Food for thought, isn't it?

barabbas, have you thought about contacting the Solarfarm guy to let him know to claim the SolarCoins for the solar farms he works with? If not, I could go ahead and do it.

Thanks!

FYI: Here is the Solarfarm forum:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=917737.0
y_virtual

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:01:08 PM

You repeat this:

I repeat this:

And then, of course, solar panel owners will not even need to buy BTC to buy SLR - they will be claiming their SLR. So that's why they will love SLR over BTC.

Yeah... Looks like the FED are looking for ways to remain "economically stable" (?!?), too:
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/ibm-federal-reserve-want-create-bitcoin-knock-off/

... and the list of major FIAT players worried about their own economic stability increases daily:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/113753/mastercard-names-cryptocurrency-as-major-competitor-in-new-report
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 11:49:29 PM

You repeat this:

I repeat this:

Ok got it! Smiley Your point is to live without a bank account and electricity is an important part of that! So you need a massive amount of BitCoin to no longer rely on Federal Money the rest of your life! Where are you going to get that amount of BitCoin to never have to worry about FIAT? Oh that is right you have SLR, well you could take as much SLR as you can get and convert it into BitCoin YES!!! Sounds like a plan, I will do it too, my friends will do it too! I will talk the entire country into getting in on SLR "CREDITS" to then SELL TO BITCOIN! Since the green power company takes BITCOIN not SLR... So that my friends and country can also live without a bank account! Then I will buy my groceries with ummm, uhhh, I will pan handle for groceries I guess but my electric bill will be paid and I hope to generate enough electricity to pay that bill for free! Will you help me by buying SLR please? Can you support the entire country coming in with SLR CREDITS and going out to BITCOIN? Someone has to buy SLR in order for me to make my electric bill! Please Buy IN every day of the week to create liquidity for my venture! My employer will pay me in FIAT but no worries first thing I will do is take my check to their uuummm, uhhh, bank where they make me sign up for an account with my name and soc and address and hmmm. Then I will convert to BitCoin and go pan handle for a meal now.

I hope this illustrates your point better for you.

I am not anti SLR but right now it is not doing YOU or ME or my Country any favors by allowing itself to be wrung out for BitCoin. There has to be a stop to the funnel of money out as the literal expression of your POINT must be taken. The only way I found to do this in reality, is to make the coin worth something. 1Mw=1SLR but in real money. So you must somehow retain the energy created by each SolarCoin claimant and put the funds in as a backing to create what would be called worth or MarketCap. People use market cap as if these coins are worth something based on how many coins there are times their current supposed value on the market. They are not worth anything but the time and energy or power to mine them! And that cost my friend is a one time fee so it should always remain the same price and never go up or down for that matter.

By making SLR worth money even if it goes out to FIAT or BitCoin you stabilize its money supply. You actually bolster it and prove the theory of Green Energy converting to Money. We know that Money is power so make Power Money in SLR!!! It is that simple! Yet nobody wants to attempt it and only wants to sell their SLR under the guise of creating a monetary system much like the FED. Well aren't you FED up with the FED? Why wouldn't you feel the same about SLR attempting this? They fully comprehend and have created substantial papers to show they understand the FED yet they mirror the FED's efforts.

It could be for good reason though as there are Anti-Trust laws and Power Companies have actually charged consumers more since the advent of Solar and having to pay these Solar Users money for their power production. They pass it along to consumers who don't use Solar. So in effect everyone should augment this increase by installing Solar anyways. This is like manipulating others to benefit themselves and create an unfair advantage since Power companies control the lines. The fiasco of Deregulation only made costs skyrocket! Companies were gaming the system, rolling black outs were caused.

Other coins are going to enjoy success only because they issue a service backed by their coin. I won't mention any of the coins but they give you something or exchange something for your money to buy the coin. So you could instantly use their coin for their service and get something in return. Only thing you get with SLR right now is shined on...
bhokor
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 11:59:29 PM

Hi, how is going the pos implementationn?
some eta?
y_virtual

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 12:49:52 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2015, 01:14:24 AM by y_virtual

You repeat this:

I repeat this:

Ok got it! Smiley Your point is to live without a bank account and electricity is an important part of that! So you need a massive amount of BitCoin to no longer rely on Federal Money the rest of your life! Where are you going to get that amount of BitCoin to never have to worry about FIAT? Oh that is right you have SLR, well you could take as much SLR as you can get and convert it into BitCoin YES!!! Sounds like a plan, I will do it too, my friends will do it too! I will talk the entire country into getting in on SLR "CREDITS" to then SELL TO BITCOIN! Since the green power company takes BITCOIN not SLR... So that my friends and country can also live without a bank account! Then I will buy my groceries with ummm, uhhh, I will pan handle for groceries I guess but my electric bill will be paid and I hope to generate enough electricity to pay that bill for free! Will you help me by buying SLR please? Can you support the entire country coming in with SLR CREDITS and going out to BITCOIN? Someone has to buy SLR in order for me to make my electric bill! Please Buy IN every day of the week to create liquidity for my venture! My employer will pay me in FIAT but no worries first thing I will do is take my check to their uuummm, uhhh, bank where they make me sign up for an account with my name and soc and address and hmmm. Then I will convert to BitCoin and go pan handle for a meal now.

I am not anti SLR but right now it is not doing YOU or ME or my Country any favors by allowing itself to be wrung out for BitCoin. There has to be a stop to the funnel of money out as the literal expression of your POINT must be taken. The only way I found to do this in reality, is to make the coin worth something. 1Mw=1SLR but in real money. So you must somehow retain the energy created by each SolarCoin claimant and put the funds in as a backing to create what would be called worth or MarketCap. People use market cap as if these coins are worth something based on how many coins there are times their current supposed value on the market. They are not worth anything but the time and energy or power to mine them! And that cost my friend is a one time fee so it should always remain the same price and never go up or down for that matter.

By making SLR worth money even if it goes out to FIAT or BitCoin you stabilize its money supply. You actually bolster it and prove the theory of Green Energy converting to Money. We know that Money is power so make Power Money in SLR!!! It is that simple! Yet nobody wants to attempt it and only wants to sell their SLR under the guise of creating a monetary system much like the FED. Well aren't you FED up with the FED? Why wouldn't you feel the same about SLR attempting this? They fully comprehend and have created substantial papers to show they understand the FED yet they mirror the FED's efforts.

It could be for good reason though as there are Anti-Trust laws and Power Companies have actually charged consumers more since the advent of Solar and having to pay these Solar Users money for their power production. They pass it along to consumers who don't use Solar. So in effect everyone should augment this increase by installing Solar anyways. This is like manipulating others to benefit themselves and create an unfair advantage since Power companies control the lines. The fiasco of Deregulation only made costs skyrocket! Companies were gaming the system, rolling black outs were caused.

Other coins are going to enjoy success only because they issue a service backed by their coin. I won't mention any of the coins but they give you something or exchange something for your money to buy the coin. So you could instantly use their coin for their service and get something in return. Only thing you get with SLR right now is shined on...

My quote was from the article, I guess you know that. Do you?

"...Yet nobody wants to attempt it and only wants to sell their SLR under the guise of creating a monetary system much like the FED.." - where did you get that from? I am not nobody, yet I am here for everything else but to sell my SLR. I am sure most of the people in the SolarCoin community are here to make the project work - and they are not nobody, and definitely not here to sell their SLR.

"...So you could instantly use their coin for their service and get something in return. Only thing you get with SLR right now is shined on..." - you just said it - "right now". This is a 40 year project, I am sure you did pay attention to what exactly stage the project is at right now, why is it at that stage, and what follows up next.

FYI, mining for any crypto is exactly the opposite of a one time fee, and all the fees and investments involved do go up and down every second. I am a miner and I know, apparently you don't. If you want to know more about that - please ask me, or any other miner, instead of coming up with completely false statements, which make your posts my friend completely untrustworthy, unfortunately Sad

By the way, you can help out SLR become easier to be accepted for online payments, at any website, for any product/service, for (at least) 3 months, by voting here:
https://www.coinpayments.net/vote
As per the coinpayments.net answer to my question, a coin with votes worth $250 gets in (yes, FIAT money. That is - right now.) Then you yourself will be able to offer product/services and accept SLR for them, with an automated process. Not that you can't do it right now already anyways... I will be glad when you tell us here that you started accepting SLR payments! As for me - I will be accepting SLR payment on my website within a month, by that time I will make sure the votes are just enough, with or without yours Smiley

Cheers!
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:40:06 AM

You repeat this:

I repeat this:

My quote was from the article, I guess you know that. Do you?

"...Yet nobody wants to attempt it and only wants to sell their SLR under the guise of creating a monetary system much like the FED.." - where did you get that from? I am not nobody, yet I am here for everything else but to sell my SLR. I am sure most of the people in the SolarCoin community are here to make the project work - and they are not nobody, and definitely not here to sell their SLR.

"...So you could instantly use their coin for their service and get something in return. Only thing you get with SLR right now is shined on..." - you just said it - "right now". This is a 40 year project, I am sure you did pay attention to what exactly stage the project is at right now, why is it at that stage, and what follows up next.

FYI, mining for any crypto is exactly the opposite of a one time fee, and all the fees and investments involved do go up and down every second. I am a miner and I know, apparently you don't. If you want to know more about that - please ask me, or any other miner, instead of coming up with completely false statements, which make your posts my friend completely untrustworthy, unfortunately Sad

By the way, you can help out SLR become easier to be accepted for online payments, at any website, for any product/service, for (at least) 3 months, by voting here:
https://www.coinpayments.net/vote
As per the coinpayments.net answer to my question, a coin with votes worth $250 gets in (yes, FIAT money. That is - right now.) Then you yourself will be able to offer product/services and accept SLR for them, with an automated process. Not that you can't do it right now already anyways... I will be glad when you tell us here that you started accepting SLR payments! As for me - I will be accepting SLR payment on my website within a month, by that time I will make sure the votes are just enough, with or without yours Smiley

Cheers!

I understand mining, it only costs so much to mine a coin. So you are saying that a coin is worth more because you mined it? I am saying whatever the costs were or "are" to Mine a coin, are what the base cost would be in reality, no more and no less. Since no one would do something if they are paid LESS than it costs to do it! And you should be part of that No One or you are the exception and lose money! If it costs you power to Mine would you take less for that coin and pay the difference just for fun? No. If anyone can mine that coin why would they pay more for it? Get it? But you insist that people should just because they do pay more for the coin. If I buy and sell my own coin to myself on the open market I can make the coin appear it is worth more.

That is what coins do to boost their price much of the time. Make 2 accounts at the exchange one with Alt Coin of your choice and another with BitCoin. Then place high priced sells in the Alt Coin account and buy those sells with their own BitCoin. All they pay are the exchange fees and take back the BitCoin they sold to themselves and still own the Alt Coin. Then they wait for suckers to come in and buy thinking they will make a profit and slowly sell to them at a higher price knowing you made that higher price and it will only go down from there, unless people really go bonkers and just keep buying their sells. It is that easy and has been done many times and you would not know any better if it happens to you.

Again the only thing that would make the Crypto worth more than what it was mined for is that service offered through a wallet program in exchange for the coin. When you can utilize the service, be it Storage or Calling features etc. that gives people some value for their coin. Otherwise the coin is only worth what it cost to mine it or what people will pay for it which is limited by their real wallet or BitCoin they are willing to spend.

So in the same instance you are telling me that SLR will always have buyers to get your positions out from and into BitCoin. So become a merchant to sell your goods and exchange those goods for SLR sometime over the next 40 years. How does a merchant pay for the product they paid FIAT for if they accept SLR? Well they could just keep the SLR and be happy they got a great deal on SLR then right? Take all their money and invest in products and then Sell them in SLR and keep the SLR all is good and the world is balanced and in harmony. I see your point is for merchants to go broke. Meanwhile the person who bought the Product uses it and then sells it to someone for USD. They converted their SLR to USD in one fell swoop. Other people buying products get them for free or for the cost of mining, since we don't know how they came to get their SLR, it could have been Mined in PoW, they could have been granted a Claim for SLR.

So merchants will be the backbone to SLR now and you have to understand this to realize what will be happening. The Merchant buys their product in FIAT and they accept SLR for the price of their Product in a ratio equal to the FIAT they paid vs current BitCoin price. So they need buyers from BitCoin to translate their SLR for them. They will always need buyers! Unless they want to just fund the SLR project themselves. So there will be immediate selling, if no one buys their positions they will have to sell to Profiteers outright. These will be lower bids and may not even equal their entire costs to get back into BitCoin from SLR.

If you don't comprehend what I am talking about I guess you may never get it. I won't take advantage of you though but others will for sure.

Example:
Merchant agrees to accept SLR for their products, lets say it is Groceries so you don't starve. They accept $260.00 in SLR or pretty much 1 BitCoin as of today. At .00001400 for SLR now they have 71,428 SLR, some of this is profit on the groceries they sold you but much of it is costs of goods. Now if the merchant just keeps the SLR all is good. But in reality the merchant must sell most of their SLR to get back the money they spent for the goods. So 71,428 are set on a Sell of .00001450, because the SLR price slipped to .00001300 with exchange fees and BitCoin price devalued to $250 in the interim, the merchant owned $260 initially so they must get that back out to not lose money. So technically they should place even higher but perhaps BitCoin moves higher and self adjusts, if it moves down they are stuck further. Hypothetically, no one buys their position out. So they sell out to the buy wall. The buy wall has 1000 at .00001300 and 2000 at .00001200 and 5000 at .00001100 etc. Buyers buy more at less it is just the nature of profiteers. So in order to liquidate they must sell all the way down to .00000700. Well now all of your SLR you held are worth less but you were able to buy something with them just so you can utilize SLR. The BitCoin doesn't come back in now since a merchant has no use for SLR since they just sold to get BitCoin and then FIAT.

That merchant learned a lesson and must charge more for using SLR. Meanwhile the people who bought the Merchants SLR got a deal on it but do not need to buy more SLR and create a higher price for the SLR. They now want to buy Groceries with their SLR too. The price is the same since it equates to the value of FIAT vs BitCoin vs SLR. So now it takes .000007 times 1 BitCoin or $250 to get the groceries or around 142,857 SLR which they actually have the difference since they were granted a claim of 200,000 SLR. So now they own really cheap SLR and made their SLR worth less due to inflation of their SLR against BitCoin in the market. If SLR is a hot commodity then people buy and buy all day long with no problems, but this has to perpetuate every day for years and years just so you can get your groceries from your SLR Claim for free or the cost of sunlight.

This was all done just so that you could use your Solar Panel to create a Coin to get Groceries for free or what you already owned on your roof. Which may have paid itself off by now. So do you see how you are asking Merchants to come in and validate your coin only to leave it rendered useless? Unless there are more buyers than sellers you have a problem from the start. 

The creation of BitCoin may just be a financial version of World War III. You can see how China won't allow buying of BitCoin but allows selling of it. Why would that be? Hmmm. So if you are just naive then I hope you learned from this, if you are just in on the subversion then there is nothing I can do to change your mind.

y_virtual

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 05:21:48 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2015, 07:19:15 AM by y_virtual

I understand mining, it only costs so much to mine a coin. So you are saying that a coin is worth more because you mined it? I am saying whatever the costs were or "are" to Mine a coin, are what the base cost would be in reality, no more and no less.

I read only that part of your post. 4 false statements there. Actually, the 4th could be interpreted as true, if the first 3 were true and/or you had them right. That's where I stop reading your posts altogether - you've thus rendered irrelevant to me any (possible) truths you might have in them.

A hint for you, if you decide to begin to understand crypto: for PoW, in the ideal case (which practically does not exist), the cost stays a constant only for the time the mining difficulty (which is, ideally, a function of the mining hash power involved at that moment) stays the same.

Also if you now ask me about mining, it will cost you more to get the answers from me than if you ask another miner Wink Sorry about that. Take your time.
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 01:56:10 PM

You don't understand what I mean when I say worth. If you have a cost to mine a coin that is the real worth, period. Speculation of that coin worth is where you desire the coin to be. Like SLR is worth .00001400 of BitCoin and is worth more than it cost to mine, but if people don't buy then the price doesn't move. Since people can Claim the coin it will move out and dump down the buy list. Yet at its base it is only worth what it cost to mine period, but may be worth less as time goes on and merchants blast the buys down to get out.

No lie there at all, your perception will always be that the coins you hold must be worth more than what you paid to mine them. When you see Alt Coins at 1 satoshi then how can you say that coin was worth more than it cost to mine? It is worthless now, but you would call me a liar when there are coins out there like this, yet it can't be true in your book since you are a miner of only profitable coins! So I lie because you don't mine coins that went to 1 satoshi. I get your logic now.

All it takes is some constructive acknowledgement and a better plan to head off the problems I write about and SLR could be the best alt coin ever made. Nothing will change though.
Epiphany

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 02:39:50 PM

You don't understand what I mean when I say worth. If you have a cost to mine a coin that is the real worth, period. Speculation of that coin worth is where you desire the coin to be. Like SLR is worth .00001400 of BitCoin and is worth more than it cost to mine, but if people don't buy then the price doesn't move. Since people can Claim the coin it will move out and dump down the buy list. Yet at its base it is only worth what it cost to mine period, but may be worth less as time goes on and merchants blast the buys down to get out.

No lie there at all, your perception will always be that the coins you hold must be worth more than what you paid to mine them. When you see Alt Coins at 1 satoshi then how can you say that coin was worth more than it cost to mine? It is worthless now, but you would call me a liar when there are coins out there like this, yet it can't be true in your book since you are a miner of only profitable coins! So I lie because you don't mine coins that went to 1 satoshi. I get your logic now.

All it takes is some constructive acknowledgement and a better plan to head off the problems I write about and SLR could be the best alt coin ever made. Nothing will change though.

I'll be honest, I'm having a hard time trying to come up with anything to rebut what you've been saying. Thank you for the frank discussion and for making me think, I am finding value in it!  Kiss

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
y_virtual

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:06:49 PM

You were not saying "worth", you were saying "cost". Here:
"And that cost my friend is a one time fee so it should always remain the same price and never go up or down for that matter."

I did read it right, right? I just explained you how that is just not right. From what you are saying all the time, though, I see you read wrong whatever I say. So this whole discussion is pointless for me - why should I even read anything else you may be claiming as knowledge? I've had just enough. Period.
y_virtual

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:20:13 PM

"And that cost my friend is a one time fee so it should always remain the same price and never go up or down for that matter."

I did read it right, right? I just explained you how that is just not right. From what you are saying all the time, though, I see you read wrong whatever I say. So this whole discussion is pointless for me - why should I even read anything else you may be claiming as knowledge? I've had just enough. Period.

Oh, yeah, I do feel I have to repeat this - one straight forward practical thing you (and everybody else) can do right now to increase the SLR worth is this - vote to make it easier to be accepted for online payments. I didn't see you vote so far...

Cheers!
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 03:26:30 PM

Best thing to do with solarcoin is buy it and cold storage it.
aurtur215

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 05:07:46 PM

Do you consider trading it too risky?
y_virtual

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 05:26:02 PM

You can read my previous posts about the current state of the SLR "market" (please note the quotation marks). This state represents the current state of the project - which is slowly getting out of the "yet just another crypto" and moving into the next project phase. I really don't want to return to this subject here anymore, you can PM me and I will give you the few (well... many) details I know from experience from my active mining and trading SLR on all exchanges from almost day 1. The fact is, things are quite simple, logical, and there are very few "market-makers" right now, with their specific narrow or broader interests.
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 04:02:48 AM

I am holding so i can have 1 year tax breaks if it does take off. Pointless for me to daytrade it. But to each there own Smiley
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 04:22:42 AM

Oh, yeah, I do feel I have to repeat this - one straight forward practical thing you (and everybody else) can do right now to increase the SLR worth is this - vote to make it easier to be accepted for online payments. I didn't see you vote so far...

Cheers!

That's ok you don't get it, Crypto will eventually teach you what I mean, since it is based on math and physical demand. Coins have gone to .00000001 Satoshi but you are a Miner and if you mined this coin then it was worth it, and cost is different but still if you mined a .00000001 coin it cost you everything but is still worth something, yeppers. Coins are delisted all the time they could still be worth more than BitCoin later though right! I get it now... Buy up as much SLR as you can and cold store it in order to sell it and make millions later! Get rich off of it yep!

Questions for you to ponder:
Do merchants who accept SLR coin have to spend their FIAT on the products they sell in SLR? Or do their products like Groceries, or T-Shirts just get Mined out of thin air?
If the Green Power Company were to accept SLR do they still have to pay their employees?
If so, how will they pay their employees? In SLR?
If so, how will their employees pay for their Groceries and Power even? In SLR?
If so, how does the Grocery provider pay for its expenses and deliveries? In SLR?
How will SLR substantiate this economy? Does it just keep generating more SLR and just give it to people for their goods and services?
If so, why would anyone need money at this point? If we can just Mine a coin and solve the worlds problems it would be too good to be true!
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: