Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:57:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466748 times)
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:31:23 PM

This has been answered many times, but I don't remember the specifics and IT IS NOT clearly visible in the website (I haven't been able to find it there): Exactly what information of the referrer have to input the claimants so the referrer gets the 10% bounty. If I recall correctly, the bounty is only for the first year and paid every 6 months?

Thanks for the answer!

Try this maybe.  

http://solarcoin.org/en/solarcoin-10-bounty-program-is-now-live/

http://solarcoin.org/en/redeem/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nickgogerty

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 12:32:06 PM

We should really speed up the switch to POST we want to have it running in time for the climate summit.

its getting very close https://github.com/onsightit/solarcoin

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:34:24 PM

We should really speed up the switch to POST we want to have it running in time for the climate summit.

its getting very close https://github.com/onsightit/solarcoin

True i just wish we could lower the block start time down from 800,000  Smiley
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 08:44:53 PM

This has been answered many times, but I don't remember the specifics and IT IS NOT clearly visible in the website (I haven't been able to find it there): Exactly what information of the referrer have to input the claimants so the referrer gets the 10% bounty. If I recall correctly, the bounty is only for the first year and paid every 6 months?

Thanks for the answer!

Try this maybe.  

http://solarcoin.org/en/solarcoin-10-bounty-program-is-now-live/

http://solarcoin.org/en/redeem/

Thanks a lot. I had seen it before but somewhat I couldn't find it in the website this time. Perhaps it needs to be a bit easier to locate?

Thanks again!
mattwj44

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 02:20:52 PM

CryptoNick,

I understand that staking would increase price/network stability & security, however is it really necessary if we had (say) 1 million claimants in the system?
Wouldn't those claimants need to use the wallet anyway and therefore the network security/involvement would increase as the number of claimants comes online?

Not trying to insult anyone, it just seems to me like eventually if we have enough claimants (really about 10k or more) it would inherently create a user base who needs the wallet and network since this is where they will exchange the coins they claim.. therefore to me POST is more of a stepping stone and less of a long-term solution.
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:25:43 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2015, 12:02:50 PM by CryptoNick

CryptoNick,

I understand that staking would increase price/network stability & security, however is it really necessary if we had (say) 1 million claimants in the system?
Wouldn't those claimants need to use the wallet anyway and therefore the network security/involvement would increase as the number of claimants comes online?

Not trying to insult anyone, it just seems to me like eventually if we have enough claimants (really about 10k or more) it would inherently create a user base who needs the wallet and network since this is where they will exchange the coins they claim.. therefore to me POST is more of a stepping stone and less of a long-term solution.

I like the fact that you are looking forward to a large claim base and it will always be a good thing to have that type of user base no matter what.

I don't take it as an insult since I am helping you understand better what happens when a coin gets rid of Proof-Of-Work.

With POST or Proof Of Stake+Time there are better variables than just a normal Proof Of Stake. The whole point of getting rid of PoW is that it takes more energy to Hash this way and it causes competition. So a successful coin would draw more competition just like BitCoin does, and the Difficulty of Hashing becomes larger and causes more energy cost just to secure the blockchain. PoW is not a green solution. It also makes it so that a large hash pool could 51% attack the coin very easily and cheaply. With PoS or POST you would have to own a majority of the coin to even attempt an attack and it also devalues your own coin if you are successful. But that is to consider that you have 51% of the coin when in actuality you only need a larger pool of coin than what is online at any given time. This is why you would want even small wallets staking and many of them at the same time.

So the miners who own huge sums of coin from PoW due to the lack of competition or interest in SLR will now leave a question mark on the PoS aspect of security. I don't know all the inner workings but have been told large holders of coin are not ideal for PoS types of coin.

By saying that more Claimers will make better security is right but wrong at the same point. If the claimer attempts to Stake and comes up against huge wallets during POST and they get very little reward then they may just stop staking their coin for POST. Less nodes and Larger wallets decreases the security and speed of transactions or durability of the network just by the actual mathematics alone. Having large wallets means less people staking period. The more stakers the better the security and quicker the network. So to drive small claims away and allow big wallets to gain POST reward could be detrimental.

The claimers will always be granted more coin over time too so they will see Staking as not necessary and when competing in the network. Claimers will realize it is futile since much of the coin is held by non-claimers who are Staking to gain large profits. Now the thing about POST is that it could also have counter measures to this effect built in, so I may be wrong here. But large wallets will always be a factor unless POST has a mechanism built in.

So to answer your question, POST will not go away at any point. It may be changed later or Forked but will never go away unless replaced by something even better. It is integral to securing the coin.
mattwj44

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 10:23:08 PM

That makes total sense and honestly at this point I wonder if POST will simply transition into something else at a certain claimant/user threshold..with a different style of regulation much as the transition you described before

Perhaps once there is 'inertia' within SLR from the solar side of things (and not just cash) we will more easily justify  user/network regulation of solar involvement..much as we expect people to have gas based transportation (ect) these days

Mind blowing stuff 😮
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 01:05:34 AM

That makes total sense and honestly at this point I wonder if POST will simply transition into something else at a certain claimant/user threshold..with a different style of regulation much as the transition you described before

Perhaps once there is 'inertia' within SLR from the solar side of things (and not just cash) we will more easily justify  user/network regulation of solar involvement..much as we expect people to have gas based transportation (ect) these days

Mind blowing stuff 😮

Yes, POST is the key to my ideas and fundamentals, the devs are mulling over the options, and refining them. Without the flexibility of POST none of my ideas could be possible. There are more than one way to make this work though and still have a good outcome and these options are being debated for the betterment of the coin.

You have every reason to be excited about SLR as it will turn Crypto on its head. Mark my words! Money is Power and SLR will make Power Money or the Power back to the people.

I have learned my lessons with Crypto and taken my licks at the exchanges from PnD so I know how bad Crypto needs security and trust from a coin along with stability. That is why you see my initial reaction to the coin and almost just left to never look back. I think you were one of the posters who spurred me on to create something better, so we will see what comes from it. Solar is the best investment as it is always a matter of how long it pays off rather than if it will ever. I live in the Valley of the Sun too and I am surprised by the fact that they got rid of the Tax incentives. Power company Lobbyists.
wolverine5pl

Activity: 427

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 01:52:50 AM

hmm any working mining pools?

,,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄µ,.               
           ,╔▄▓▓██████████████▓▄▄,           
        ╓╗▓▓██████████████████████▓▄µ       
      ╔▄████████████████████████████▓▓╦     
    ╔╣▓████████▀` ▀███████▀` ╙█████████▌m   
   ╔▓████████▌`     ▀██▓▀      ▐████████▓N   
  ╔▓██████████▓▄      └      ,███████████▓N 
 ╔▓█████▓▀▀█████▓▄         ╓██████▓`▓█████▓H
 ╫█████╨   `█████▀         ▓████▀     ▀████▒
,╫████▄      `▓▀             ▀▀      ,▓████▌H
:╣██████▄           ,▓██           ╓███████▓H
 ╫████████K        ▓█████Ñ        ╫████████▌`
 ╠▓█████▀`          ╙██▓           `▀██████Ñ
 `╫███▀`      ▄▄            ,▄▄       ▀███▌`
  `╣██▓▄    ▄████▄        ,▓████▄    ,▄██▌` 
   `╨███▓▄▓████████▌    ╓█████████▄▄▄███▀`   
     ╙▀██████████████▌▄███████████████▀╨     
       ╙▀██████████████████████████▓▀╨`     
         `╨▀▓███████████████████▓▀╨`         
            ``╨▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀╨``           
                   ```````
AdultChain
   ██   
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
   ██   
Discord
ANN
       ████▓▄▄▐████╒▄▄▓███▌
       `██████▐████▐█████▀
          ╙▀▀▀▐████`▀▀▀`
              ▐████
        ▄▓████▐████▐███▓▄
       ▓██████▐████▐██████▄
       ████    ▀▓▀┘   ▓████
       ████    ███    ▓████
       ████   ▐███▄   ▓████
       ████  ║█████M  ▓████
       ████  ▐M███▌   ▓████
       ████  ▄████    ▓████
       ████  ████▓    ▓████     
       ████  ▓█ ▀█▌   ▓████
       ████  ▓█  ╙█∩  ▓████
       ████  █▌   ▀█  ▓████
       ████  ▀⌐    ▀▄ ▓████
       ████  ║▌    ╓█ ▓████
       ███████████████████▀
        ▀▓██████████████▀
   ██   
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 02:53:13 AM

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slr/#!extraction

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 04:09:12 AM

Here is an interesting story. 

Warren Buffett gets Cheapest Electricity Rate W/ Solar Farm bloom.bg/1gmhKlH via @business 

Warren Buffett’s Nevada utility has lined up what may be the cheapest electricity in the U.S., and it’s from a solar farm.
Berkshire Hathaway Inc.’s NV Energy agreed to pay 3.87 cents a kilowatt-hour for power from a 100-megawatt project that First Solar Inc. is developing, according to a filing with regulators......

It would be cheaper with solarcoin.  He is paying 38.70/MWh. SolarCoin would make it $38.687  A small bump for now, but hey it is real money.  100mw likely creates at least 130,000MWh/yr= §130,000k/year. which is about $1,700 as of recent price.  You wouldn't walk by that if you saw it lying on the sidewalk. Over the 30yr life of a the facility it is about $50,000. Again small in the context of the whole facility, but still real money.

Maybe they should file a claim. 

As the network of currency's users grows in number, the value created by its economic utility increases.

corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 09:54:41 AM

Here is an interesting story. 

Warren Buffett gets Cheapest Electricity Rate W/ Solar Farm bloom.bg/1gmhKlH via @business 

Warren Buffett’s Nevada utility has lined up what may be the cheapest electricity in the U.S., and it’s from a solar farm.
Berkshire Hathaway Inc.’s NV Energy agreed to pay 3.87 cents a kilowatt-hour for power from a 100-megawatt project that First Solar Inc. is developing, according to a filing with regulators......

It would be cheaper with solarcoin.  He is paying 38.70/MWh. SolarCoin would make it $38.687  A small bump for now, but hey it is real money.  100mw likely creates at least 130,000MWh/yr= §130,000k/year. which is about $1,700 as of recent price.  You wouldn't walk by that if you saw it lying on the sidewalk. Over the 30yr life of a the facility it is about $50,000. Again small in the context of the whole facility, but still real money.

Maybe they should file a claim. 

As the network of currency's users grows in number, the value created by its economic utility increases.

Everyone should make a claim! Smiley

You know, when SLR reaches a decent value, I'm going solar power everything. My house, my car, my shoes. Nothing will be safe.

y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 12:15:07 PM

http://coinmine.pw
https://solarcoin.miningpoolhub.com/
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 12:17:34 PM

FYI:
http://bitcoinist.net/bitcoin-companies-compounding-hoarding-problem/
http://bitcoinist.net/ethereum-launches-frontier/
lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 07:35:14 AM

I like reading both you guys posts. Very interesting. Thanks very much.

Also the solar energy payback time (the time it takes for the solar energy produced to pay back the energy used to make the solar panel)is about 1-3 years depending on technology and where you are. So typically a solar system has a 20 year lifespan, so effectively 17 years is PURE POSITIVE for the world.

Check it out:  http://c1cleantechnicacom.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/files/2013/12/energy-payback-solar-italy.png

Add Solarcoin, and my mind blows with positivity everyday.

Cheers,
lfloorwalker

Mind blowing stuff 😮

Yes, POST is the key to my ideas and fundamentals, the devs are mulling over the options, and refining them. Without the flexibility of POST none of my ideas could be possible. There are more than one way to make this work though and still have a good outcome and these options are being debated for the betterment of the coin.

You have every reason to be excited about SLR as it will turn Crypto on its head. Mark my words! Money is Power and SLR will make Power Money or the Power back to the people.

I have learned my lessons with Crypto and taken my licks at the exchanges from PnD so I know how bad Crypto needs security and trust from a coin along with stability. That is why you see my initial reaction to the coin and almost just left to never look back. I think you were one of the posters who spurred me on to create something better, so we will see what comes from it. Solar is the best investment as it is always a matter of how long it pays off rather than if it will ever. I live in the Valley of the Sun too and I am surprised by the fact that they got rid of the Tax incentives. Power company Lobbyists.

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 02:28:13 AM

here is some geographic data on the current solarcoin network.  https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slr/#!network

Here is the POST update: POST Staking on testnet is underway. Wallet appears stable and coin transactions are flowing across in good order.

vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 02:31:04 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2015, 02:41:11 AM by vipgelsi

Made a message board on ihub (investorshub) for Solarcoin. Another way to get the word out. This site is very popular with the investing community.

I have it listed under= Home > Boards > Commodities > Energy > Solarcoin

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/board.aspx?board_id=30154

Hopefully new people discover it there.  Smiley
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 02:35:25 AM

Solcrypto  definitely worth a look:  https://www.solcrypto.com/en/faq

solarcoiner

Activity: 445

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 10:00:18 AM

I am looking to Buy 100k SLR without making the price move.

Is anyone willing to sell me that amount of Solarcoin at current prices?
Thank you

vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 04:16:03 PM

Good luck but you might have to just buy at Bittrex because the market is in a buying/holding pattern for POST.
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: