Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:23:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466757 times)
Alao

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 03:18:17 PM

Will we be able to keep our slr in our wallet during the upgrade or will we have to move it to an exchange and then to the new POST wallet?

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 10:40:37 PM

Will we be able to keep our slr in our wallet during the upgrade or will we have to move it to an exchange and then to the new POST wallet?

It can stay in the current wallet, when the upgrade happens you will need to install the new wallet and I am sure a guide will be implemented. You just can't transact using the old wallet. The old wallet will always contain the amount of coins addressed on the ledger where it left off at and the new wallet picks up where everything left off. Then when you transact on the new wallet the address will reflect the new changes. Since your address would be stale until you update so it is like cold storage. Not sure about coin age but it most likely picks up the date of the new wallet to start with since all coins are equal at that point in POST.

But to address your question better... If you send to the Exchange and just install a new wallet when all is finished, you can let the Exchange to the work for you. But if the Exchange has problems with POST your coins will be in Limbo. But after the dust clears then you send back out to the new wallet once POST is rolled out.
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 08:53:41 PM

Can't verify the validity of this marketplace, but you can buy things etc. using solarcoin here:  https://cointopay.com/

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 03:20:59 PM

Are we still on track for block 825,000 ?

TIA
onsightit

Activity: 308

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2015, 02:48:29 AM

TIA

Hello @vipgelsi,

Yes, things are looking very good in testnet.  We are currently targeting 2.0% - 2.5% inflation with the addition of 710,000 granted coins/year.  The one remaining bug in the wallet upgrade from 1.5 to 2.0 has been identified and will be fixed in the next beta release.  I expect the next beta to be a GA candidate.  Like I mentioned earlier, every iteration of a testnet takes at least 2 days to complete, so the old idiom "patience is a virtue" has really been testing my patience. Wink  Thank-you for your patience!

-Steve

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
Alao

Activity: 493

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 11:48:08 AM

This is so awesome.  I have a good amount of SLR. I'm going to hold on through out the years and see what this goes to. I thought about selling many times but with the amount I have it will take way to long to off load and it will drive down the price. This looks like it will be a 5 to 10 year investment for me.

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 12:34:11 AM

Very smart I think.
I can already see the ecosystem changing and larger global events pointing to the direction of a mathematically backed financial system.
Even PWC came out in a positive light in their recent report.

"In our view, cryptocurrency represents the beginning of a new phase of technology-driven markets that have the potential to disrupt conventional market strategies, longstanding business practices, and established regulatory perspectives—" PWC, 2015.

This is so awesome.  I have a good amount of SLR. I'm going to hold on through out the years and see what this goes to. I thought about selling many times but with the amount I have it will take way to long to off load and it will drive down the price. This looks like it will be a 5 to 10 year investment for me.

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 05:28:17 AM

Very smart I think.
I can already see the ecosystem changing and larger global events pointing to the direction of a mathematically backed financial system.

"In our view, cryptocurrency represents the beginning of a new phase of technology-driven markets that have the potential to disrupt conventional market strategies, longstanding business practices, and established regulatory perspectives—" PWC, 2015.

Just wait until I am allowed to put up some of the new concepts I have been thinking up to let the community decide "WATT" direction the coin goes in.

It is crazy how the worth of BitCoin is based on how much energy is wasted to create it. Now think about how much money is spent on the equipment to create it. Do we know where the convergence of Price is right now between power and money in creation vs majority holders and exchanges boosting prices? Will people be left holding the bag with BitCoin? Well my philosophy is to find a new home for BitCoin so it no longer diminishes in value but will no longer be the PEG for Crypto vs Fiat.

I have figured out a way that merchants will lose no money by accepting SLR ever. This will drive the economy since we all want to use the coin instead of just letting it sit in an Exchange waiting to pounce on the uptrends and buy back in on the low trends. Or miners sapping the value out of a coin like Alao states Alao won't do which is commendable. This is why Crypto gets idiotic to me and plays like a fake stock with seeming demand driving a value intertwined with behind the scenes majority shareholders manipulating the price by buying their own coins and trapping real buyers. If merchants sell in this type of environment they will always lose or flatten the coin out to nil as profit takers usurp the merchants. Since there are always more costs of goods to be taken than there is demand for a coin when Fiat is needed to restock the shelves.

So instead of restocking shelves, merchants could restock their roofs! With Solar Panels! The concept at arms length is very simplistic, but as we all know accomplishing any real feats of imagination in Crypto takes time and money.

We are going to turn Crypto on its ear! Put on your Shades it is gonna be bright future!
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 02:14:33 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2015, 02:41:32 PM by vipgelsi

Sounds good. Crypto
lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 12:17:50 AM

Do you mean that they get to re-stock their panels? Sounds good, what type of roof space or land space will they have to buy or will they rent roof space?

Very smart I think.

Just wait until I am allowed to put up some of the new concepts I have been thinking up to let the community decide "WATT" direction the coin goes in.

It is crazy how the worth of BitCoin is based on how much energy is wasted to create it. Now think about how much money is spent on the equipment to create it. Do we know where the convergence of Price is right now between power and money in creation vs majority holders and exchanges boosting prices? Will people be left holding the bag with BitCoin? Well my philosophy is to find a new home for BitCoin so it no longer diminishes in value but will no longer be the PEG for Crypto vs Fiat.

I have figured out a way that merchants will lose no money by accepting SLR ever. This will drive the economy since we all want to use the coin instead of just letting it sit in an Exchange waiting to pounce on the uptrends and buy back in on the low trends. Or miners sapping the value out of a coin like Alao states Alao won't do which is commendable. This is why Crypto gets idiotic to me and plays like a fake stock with seeming demand driving a value intertwined with behind the scenes majority shareholders manipulating the price by buying their own coins and trapping real buyers. If merchants sell in this type of environment they will always lose or flatten the coin out to nil as profit takers usurp the merchants. Since there are always more costs of goods to be taken than there is demand for a coin when Fiat is needed to restock the shelves.

So instead of restocking shelves, merchants could restock their roofs! With Solar Panels! The concept at arms length is very simplistic, but as we all know accomplishing any real feats of imagination in Crypto takes time and money.

We are going to turn Crypto on its ear! Put on your Shades it is gonna be bright future!

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 04:49:14 AM

Do you mean that they get to re-stock their panels? Sounds good, what type of roof space or land space will they have to buy or will they rent roof space?

Very smart I think.

This is so awesome.  I have a good amount of SLR. I'm going to hold on through out the years and see what this goes to. I thought about selling many times but with the amount I have it will take way to long to off load and it will drive down the price. This looks like it will be a 5 to 10 year investment for me.

Well, mostly meaning that they don't already have Solar. But yeah if you read my earlier posts, an SLR Subsidized Farm would also be a way to make it work when there is no more space on the roof. I don't want to get your hopes up on this though since it is being shot down every time after I am rearranging ideas and legal aspects.

Decentralization is first and foremost so aspects like this would only be on trust or in silence like a silent partner. I think it would work though and no one could stop me from doing it in silence, and even if it didn't fully catch on it would only be a portion of the network and would only buy coins in silence from the market, at any price for that matter too. I have said it from the beginning but I have found ways now to make it so that a Farm isn't necessary but would be ideal for sure. So I can start out small and in silence but I would only sell until I get to a certain MWH and buy to then use SLR to get more panels since I can't support the whole network until it grew exponentially.

This is why it is so important to have a reason to buy SLR since all my selling from the Claims I stake with my Solar Panels will only push down the price as I buy more panels when selling. When I start buying would be after ROI or 3 Years. Since most people are not going to buy SLR only sell it or play the market with it, we can only depend on the greed of people wanting to try to buy in lower but then the bottom could fall out of the market if everyone follows suit.

I mean look at the post on this thread from someone wanting to buy SLR without making the market price go up. There is your problem staring you right in the face! Had they realized the price going up is what they want so that their coin is worth more etc. But they know when they price gets higher people will sell out making the price lower. The only smart play is the Bot on Bittrex buying every increment and more lower.

But I am working on ways to Automatically Claim so that an Oversight Committee is not in the middle of a Decentralized coin. Also, I think the current application process may require Claimers to put their personal information in the blockchain and most Claimers may want anonymity. I have found ways around this, but it is a big change required and change is not very welcome so far. I will eventually put it all out there if SLR doesn't want to adopt it. I just want them to have the first option. But the founders like to operate in a different fashion, and standard economic operating procedures apply as you can tell they really know what they are talking about in standardization of an economy, and perceptive worth through networking.

The conundrum of Crypto is that at it's inception Crypto costs very little to create other than massive hash wars etc. And yet we can also say the same of Fiat although Paper costs more than code, still it is our perception that relates to this. Yet if you work all day and are paid in Fiat, how likely are you to give that Fiat away for something and to someone who did very little to get it and has a perceptive worth that is less than you perceive Fiat? You slaved all day and they turned on their computer and Poof of Work instead of your 9 to 5 Proof of Work occurs.

So we need to make every dollar that comes into SLR a dollar represented by Solar. Then the good stuff comes into play and I have devised an equilibrium mechanism to stabilize trade.
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 04:31:24 PM

We are getting very close to PosT
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 07:11:56 PM

TIA

Hello @vipgelsi,

Yes, things are looking very good in testnet.  We are currently targeting 2.0% - 2.5% inflation with the addition of 710,000 granted coins/year.  The one remaining bug in the wallet upgrade from 1.5 to 2.0 has been identified and will be fixed in the next beta release.  I expect the next beta to be a GA candidate.  Like I mentioned earlier, every iteration of a testnet takes at least 2 days to complete, so the old idiom "patience is a virtue" has really been testing my patience. Wink  Thank-you for your patience!

-Steve

Just posted some issues observed in b12 (excluding the wallet update and send/receive/balance issues):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XwysiXK9sflUNFZIpNT18zc6nIOdivSpa1uYlUlSVpY/edit?pli=1
onsightit

Activity: 308

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 04:01:15 AM

Hello SolarCoin Community!

If you are running any 2.0 betas at the moment, please shut them down and wipe clean your data directory - including wallet.dat.  If you were using a "live" wallet.dat, replace it with a backup 1.5 version.  This is in preparation for the new 2.0 RC.  I will be posting it very soon, after I get a full sync of the blockchain and verify that my 1.5 transactions are upgraded intact. (Just 800k more blocks to go!)

Thanks again for your patience, it has been invaluable to me to have the time to test all aspects of the conversion from PoW to PoST.  There were many "gotchas" uncovered which would have been show stoppers.  The current testnet models mainnet as closely as possible, and has been running for over three days now.  The interest rate and inflation are reaching equilibrium:

"networkweight" : 8616628.79636594,
    "inflationrate" : 2.20549027,
    "interestrate" : 8.74068381,
    "coinsupply" : 34148973,
    "blocksperhour" : 66,

-Steve

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 04:02:59 AM

TIA

Hello @vipgelsi,

-Steve

Just posted some issues observed in b12 (excluding the wallet update and send/receive/balance issues):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XwysiXK9sflUNFZIpNT18zc6nIOdivSpa1uYlUlSVpY/edit?pli=1

thanks for the post and update in the bug tracking document. I will forward to dev.

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 12:06:23 PM

Hello SolarCoin Community!

If you are running any 2.0 betas at the moment, please shut them down and wipe clean your data directory - including wallet.dat.  If you were using a "live" wallet.dat, replace it with a backup 1.5 version.  This is in preparation for the new 2.0 RC.  I will be posting it very soon, after I get a full sync of the blockchain and verify that my 1.5 transactions are upgraded intact. (Just 800k more blocks to go!)

Thanks again for your patience, it has been invaluable to me to have the time to test all aspects of the conversion from PoW to PoST.  There were many "gotchas" uncovered which would have been show stoppers.  The current testnet models mainnet as closely as possible, and has been running for over three days now.  The interest rate and inflation are reaching equilibrium:

"networkweight" : 8616628.79636594,
    "inflationrate" : 2.20549027,
    "interestrate" : 8.74068381,
    "coinsupply" : 34148973,
    "blocksperhour" : 66,

-Steve

Thanks!!!
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 02:36:56 AM

we are near PosT and someone decides to crash the price. hmmmmm

Maybe its big oil lol  Wink
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 04:26:16 AM

I'll be buying some soon. It's a steal at these prices really. I think cryptonick has a point as least concerning utility at the moment. Thing is this is the kind of currency people will get behind. There will always be a supply and it's not arbitrary. There is real hardware backing this investment so supply will never run out. I accept it myself as payment for computer services. Though since I'm local there isn't a demand yet, but time and claims will fix this. My chamber of commerce has solar panels on their building. I really should get in touch with them, or at least supply the address here.

CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 08:57:35 AM

I'll be buying some soon. It's a steal at these prices really. I think cryptonick has a point as least concerning utility at the moment. Thing is this is the kind of currency people will get behind. There will always be a supply and it's not arbitrary. There is real hardware backing this investment so supply will never run out. I accept it myself as payment for computer services. Though since I'm local there isn't a demand yet, but time and claims will fix this. My chamber of commerce has solar panels on their building. I really should get in touch with them, or at least supply the address here.

Thanks! Oh and demand will increase claiming but will not raise the price of SLR alone. If you look into SREC's you see the more claims the less each claim makes since the Gov divides up the payout. The price  is like this since the only reason to buy is to sell higher right now, you wouldn't buy just to sell lower right? Unless you are buying your own SLR to boost the price, this can be done on Bittrex too be wary. If your coin is stuck lower you must find a product to buy with SLR that is worth the loss if you exchange your coin for it, meaning Solar is good for this and always pays back so buy a Panel. But the panel seller must sell your coin at the rate you gave it to them or even inflated to compensate for risk. It may not have an equilibrium then and just buying a Panel makes your other SLR you hold worth even less. Vicious cycle here and it must be addressed.

I hope to create reasons to buy SLR and new fundamentals that bolster markets and not cash out on them. If Crypto is meant to be used as Trade it must stabilize better. Hopefully the community will be able to decide later on the options I present and also rework them into a viable solution.
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 08:01:26 PM

Looks like the last chance for Mr.Ghost to fill in on cheap SLR  Wink
BUT ...it's so funny to watch them being (well...playing) the only seller..."seller", too  Grin
Turns out that's really a funny guy lol Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: