Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:31:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466757 times)
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 08:25:07 AM

Question 8:
With version 2.0.1 around, having been downloaded and available for installation, if anyone wants to get on the Lottery-Winning-Train, do they just install 2.0.1 and start staking millions of SLR? Which blockchain should they stick to for better results - the main 1.5 PoW blockchain, or the forked 2.0.3? With no blockchain explorer around, I bet the 2.0.1 version is the way to go if anyone wants to get into the billions of SLR within a day or two, without being noticed.

Cool Edit: Any further code changes to PoST implementation MUST FIRST ensure 2.0.1 will not be allowed to stake on the blockchain.

I'm having trouble synchronizing one of my wallets. It's trying to download blocks beyond the current, 835297. This may be due to people running older wallets. It may be necessary to update the next wallet (2.04) to reject any connections below 2.04. This had to be done for Feathercoin if I remember correctly when they were switching to a centralized coin structure.

"It may be necessary to update the next wallet (2.04) to reject any connections below 2.04."
If there is a way to that, that will be great, this will solve (I guess) the concern in question 8.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 08:27:55 AM

Question 8:
With version 2.0.1 around, having been downloaded and available for installation, if anyone wants to get on the Lottery-Winning-Train, do they just install 2.0.1 and start staking millions of SLR? Which blockchain should they stick to for better results - the main 1.5 PoW blockchain, or the forked 2.0.3? With no blockchain explorer around, I bet the 2.0.1 version is the way to go if anyone wants to get into the billions of SLR within a day or two, without being noticed.

Cool Edit: Any further code changes to PoST implementation MUST FIRST ensure 2.0.1 will not be allowed to stake on the blockchain.

I'm having trouble synchronizing one of my wallets. It's trying to download blocks beyond the current, 835297. This may be due to people running older wallets. It may be necessary to update the next wallet (2.04) to reject any connections below 2.04. This had to be done for Feathercoin if I remember correctly when they were switching to a centralized coin structure.

"It may be necessary to update the next wallet (2.04) to reject any connections below 2.04."
If there is a way to that, that will be great, this will solve (I guess) the concern in question 8.

It's quite possible and it's really only a couple of lines of code.

mazzaneo

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 08:38:12 AM

Good call...

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
y_virtual

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 08:40:44 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2015, 08:53:05 AM by y_virtual

Question 8:

Will keep an eye on that for sure!

btw, one of the reasons I am still mostly on 1.5 is that I am expecting to test the process of the transition from 1.5 to 2.0.4 and the moment I get rejected from 1.5, or have no incentive at all to stay there even if I wanted to. Now replace "I" with "Anyone"...

Also I think I just found a solution to the sync problem as of now - get the 2.0.3 node list from here:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slr/#!network
and replace with it the contents of the SolarCoin.conf file in the C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\SolarCoin folder, then restart 2.0.3. Synced it right away for me after several attempts I did with the same unsuccessful results you quoted.
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 09:12:12 AM

Question 8:

btw, one of the reasons I am still mostly on 1.5 is that I am expecting to test the process of the transition from 1.5 to 2.0.4 and the moment I get rejected from 1.5, or have no incentive at all to stay there even if I wanted to. Now replace "I" with "Anyone"...

Also I think I just found a solution to the sync problem as of now - get the 2.0.3 node list from here:
and replace with it the contents of the SolarCoin.conf file in the C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\SolarCoin folder, then restart 2.0.3. Synced it right away for me after several attempts I did with the same unsuccessful results you quoted.

I'm giving the .conf idea a try. I copy/pasted the original .conf file and then deleted the nodes from the original and pasted the list from the explorer.

corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 09:24:31 AM

I didn't like it. Wouldn't load at all. Reverted back to original .conf file.

y_virtual

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 09:43:13 AM

I didn't like it. Wouldn't load at all. Reverted back to original .conf file.

May depend on the connectivity at the time of obtaining/using the list... it does say "Network Clients seen in the last 24 hours" so it's never "connected as of that moment". Guess I was lucky.
solarcoiner

Activity: 445

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 11:04:05 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2015, 11:15:14 AM by solarcoiner

So here we are 14 hours later and I still can't stake. At this point i'm wondering why everyone else can stake while I need to ''earn stake time''?

I have restarted several times but still no luck,
so please tell me, how can I stake and support the network?
My spendable is constantly under 1 Solarcoin, even though I have a lot more than that.
So now I'm stuck in a scenario where I can't stake and I coulndn't even sell my coins if i wanted to since I cannot spend them.
Great

edit: When we upgrade to 2.04 do we keep our wallet.dat files or should we load old ones from 1.5?
Do the interest payments we already found count towards our balance?
Again, I think we should orphan them and restart staking in a fair way where no one just coincidentally misses the first 3 days of blocks because something doesn't work, but then again thats just my opinion and it doesn't count for much.
Everyone should be able to stake and earn rewards from the moment POST starts.
and this has not been the case
mazzaneo

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 12:00:39 PM

So here we are 14 hours later and I still can't stake. At this point i'm wondering why everyone else can stake while I need to ''earn stake time''?

My spendable is constantly under 1 Solarcoin, even though I have a lot more than that.
So now I'm stuck in a scenario where I can't stake and I coulndn't even sell my coins if i wanted to since I cannot spend them.
Great

edit: When we upgrade to 2.04 do we keep our wallet.dat files or should we load old ones from 1.5?
Again, I think we should orphan them and restart staking in a fair way where no one just coincidentally misses the first 3 days of blocks because something doesn't work, but then again thats just my opinion and it doesn't count for much.
Your opinion matters just as much as every one else, we are a community of equals here.
Although I have not really earned any interest yet even though my wallet has been running from the start of POST i don't think a reset should be considered unless absolutely necessary.
I'm still confused as to how exactly the staking works as I am currently staking 2.7k SLR even though i have much more than that. Currently I have won a block which paid out a hefty 0.255 SLR!

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
solarcoiner

Activity: 445

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 12:27:09 PM

Great

Your opinion matters just as much as every one else, we are a community of equals here.
Although I have not really earned any interest yet even though my wallet has been running from the start of POST i don't think a reset should be considered unless absolutely necessary.
I'm still confused as to how exactly the staking works as I am currently staking 2.7k SLR even though i have much more than that. Currently I have won a block which paid out a hefty 0.255 SLR!

Yes but any idea why I am unable to stake? It worked fine for a few hours and then I had to restart my computer... now all it says its: ''earning stake time''
I have tried disabling and re-enabling staking, restarting the wallet and reloading the blockchain. nothing seems to work
mazzaneo

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 12:27:55 PM

Great

Yes but any idea why I am unable to stake? It worked fine for a few hours and then I had to restart my computer... now all it says its: ''earning stake time''
I have tried disabling and re-enabling staking, restarting the wallet and reloading the blockchain. nothing seems to work
Any ideas anyone?

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Epiphany

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 12:58:50 PM

Great

Try re-scanning the wallet?

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
onsightit

Activity: 308

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 01:32:35 PM

Hi corather,

You may need to remove blk0001.dat and txleveldb and re-sync using the "File->Reload Blockchain" feature.  2.0.4 is coming out within the hour, so you may want to wait for that.  2.0.4 will block connections from protocol version 70003.  The newest protocol version is 70004.

-Steve

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
onsightit

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 01:33:16 PM

y_virtual,

You are not a community supporting member when you behave like this.  Everyone here, myself included, is an investor in this technology.  Why do you try to divide and spread dissension here?  The only chain that matters is the one we all want to see succeed.  You are not contributing to that effort.

-Steve

EDIT: The 22 nodes on 1.5 and the 5 nodes on 2.0.1 are not supporting the network, thus the slow block rate (and likely other symptoms).  If more of the 34M coins were being staked, the health of the network would greatly improve.  2.0.4 should consume significantly less CPU, as well. I'll know more in the morning.

EDIT2: I'd also like to state, I will not be providing support for wallets that have issues updating from the 1.5 fork back on to the main chain.  I simply do not have the resources to do that.  (The only thing I will suggest is wiping the data dir, except wallet.dat, and running 2.0.4).

Re-posting here, so that I don't forget what I was doing here.

Thanks for your support, y_virtual.

-Steve

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
onsightit

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 01:36:28 PM

Question 8:

I'm giving the .conf idea a try. I copy/pasted the original .conf file and then deleted the nodes from the original and pasted the list from the explorer.

One thing you may need to do (just before getting 2.0.4 installed) is delete peers.dat from your data directory.  Nodes on protocol version 70003 are likely DoSing nodes on 70004.

-Steve

onsightit

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 01:39:17 PM

Great

I have the same issue myself.  I bought 50000 SLR and they have not earned interest yet either,  It should be resolved in 2.0.4 with the new interest calculation method.

-Steve

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 01:41:47 PM

... Nodes on protocol version 70003 are likely DoSing nodes on 70004.

-Steve

Is this what you're referring to?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

onsightit

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 01:44:52 PM

All,

I will be posting 2.0.4 very soon (hopefully within an hour or two). I just need to re-compile all the wallets and upload them to the web server.  i wanted to run another testnet, which was successful.  I have also confirmed that the RTI changes I made to the Average Stake Weight function are working and you will be happy to have a smaller carbon footprint with 2.0.4.

Note: In 2.0.4, you will still earn 10% interest up to block 836000, then it will switch to 2% going forward.

-Steve

onsightit

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 01:48:19 PM

-Steve

No, it's much friendlier.  When a wallet node receives "bad data" from another wallet node, it flags the node with a DoS score.  When the score reaches 100 for a given node, it is removed from the list of reliable nodes and is no longer communicated with.  That information is stored in peers.dat, which is why I recommend removing it when upgrading to 2.0.4.

-Steve

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 01:51:46 PM

-Steve

No, it's much friendlier.  When a wallet node receives "bad data" from another wallet node, it flags the node with a DoS score.  When the score reaches 100 for a given node, it is removed from the list of reliable nodes and is no longer communicated with.  That information is stored in peers.dat, which is why I recommend removing it when upgrading to 2.0.4.

-Steve

OK. Thanks. Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: