Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:16:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466748 times)
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 09:20:50 AM

Just for the hell of it I decided to post on /r/solar, there is an intersting question about whether Solarcoin would invalidate an SREC claim, Im in the Uk so have no idea, anyone have the definative answer?

I believe it does invalidate the SREC...

And how does it make any difference if you "believe" in this or not? Do you KNOW for sure if it invalidates the SREC, or not? If you do - where is your knowledge coming from? Any written law quotes, etc.?
Anyway, thank you for your opinion!

Written laws are what the SREC is about, it is controlled by the Government not an Ice Cream Man. Some states don't participate and others allow neighbors into their market.

So when I say it invalidates SREC don't get defensive my friend. Let it invalidate the SREC market and/or dilute it. That will make people claim SLR as an alternative, but this doesn't make the price go up for SLR either, sorry to reiterate that theme again. But, it gives a lot more exposure to SLR since people would have to be told why their SREC claim was diluted. It doesn't make SLR illegal it just makes those that want to use the SREC get less for their claim. If SLR didn't require a Claim and just gave it to dealers to hand out then the SREC wouldn't be affected. At that point it is just an affiliate program and nothing to do with Claiming for buying.

But you can debate me on whether the SREC may care about SLR, I think they would since it is money they can withhold from the SREC market. And if all SREC claimers double dip then who really cares at that point it is just more incentive. So really it is up to the SREC to make a judgement. They may not even know about it... Yet...

Your beliefs do not create the laws - that's what I said. Unless... you are the one who writes the laws? Based on your beliefs? I just asked for the exact law quote your belief was based on. Not defensive, nor offensive - just looking for the facts. Yeah, I may believe in UFOs, yet that does not prove their existence. But our beliefs followed by our creative actions DO create the reality. That's what I know.

It is a law that SREC is paid from the government, if they find out you are supplementing your payment in another market and claiming in their market do you think they will call that legal and not impose anything? It is a law that SLR is encroaching on, if it were the Ice Cream Man that granted SREC then no worries, unless the Ice Cream Man flys a UFO and only Solar Claimers can hear the Jingle and run outside... then I worry.

I only worry when fighting against a law. I just stated what laws tend to be created for, if there is a way to game the law you also better believe they will take action. Like I said it will most likely devalue SREC and have no impact on SLR. This is only what I believe though, and it may also consequently outlaw SLR... Believe it or Not!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 09:33:22 AM

Just for the hell of it I decided to post on /r/solar, there is an intersting question about whether Solarcoin would invalidate an SREC claim, Im in the Uk so have no idea, anyone have the definative answer?

And how does it make any difference if you "believe" in this or not? Do you KNOW for sure if it invalidates the SREC, or not? If you do - where is your knowledge coming from? Any written law quotes, etc.?

Written laws are what the SREC is about, it is controlled by the Government not an Ice Cream Man. Some states don't participate and others allow neighbors into their market.

So when I say it invalidates SREC don't get defensive my friend. Let it invalidate the SREC market and/or dilute it. That will make people claim SLR as an alternative, but this doesn't make the price go up for SLR either, sorry to reiterate that theme again. But, it gives a lot more exposure to SLR since people would have to be told why their SREC claim was diluted. It doesn't make SLR illegal it just makes those that want to use the SREC get less for their claim. If SLR didn't require a Claim and just gave it to dealers to hand out then the SREC wouldn't be affected. At that point it is just an affiliate program and nothing to do with Claiming for buying.

But you can debate me on whether the SREC may care about SLR, I think they would since it is money they can withhold from the SREC market. And if all SREC claimers double dip then who really cares at that point it is just more incentive. So really it is up to the SREC to make a judgement. They may not even know about it... Yet...

Your beliefs do not create the laws - that's what I said. Unless... you are the one who writes the laws? Based on your beliefs? I just asked for the exact law quote your belief was based on. Not defensive, nor offensive - just looking for the facts. Yeah, I may believe in UFOs, yet that does not prove their existence. But our beliefs followed by our creative actions DO create the reality. That's what I know.

It is a law that SREC is paid from the government, if they find out you are supplementing your payment in another market and claiming in their market do you think they will call that legal and not impose anything? It is a law that SLR is encroaching on, if it were the Ice Cream Man that granted SREC then no worries, unless the Ice Cream Man flys a UFO and only Solar Claimers can hear the Jingle and run outside... then I worry.

I only worry when fighting against a law. I just stated what laws tend to be created for, if there is a way to game the law you also better believe they will take action. Like I said it will most likely devalue SREC and have no impact on SLR. This is only what I believe though, and it may also consequently outlaw SLR... Believe it or Not!

So there is no law as of yet for SLR to invalidate the SREC. Thank you!
y_virtual

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 09:37:04 AM

So my mind is doing it again, thinking and stuff. This is all speculation, but I can see Nick and the team working on pursuing some form of integrated smart contracts within the solarcoin chain using ethereum like technology, or ethereum itself as the smart carrier for a solarcoin smart grid. I could also see as an alternative, integrated software developed for inverters as was hinted earlier.

In any case this is probably the most interesting time to be involved in any of these projects. This is the technology of the future being developed today right before out eyes and we'll see a natural selection occur in collaboration between all of this software development. We're already witnessing the pains of the Bitcoin network, as it lumbers along. It's been mentioned before that Bitcoin is the linchpin of everything going on. I don't want to see it fail, but at the same time I don't want to see it turned into something that it wasn't designed to do when lightweight alternatives exist that can handle the extra traffic load and offset Bitcoins slow network response.

I'm done rambling.

Great times, yes!  Smiley
Scalextrix

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 06:29:10 PM

The guy on /r/solar seemed quite concerned that Solarcoin was a competitor to his nascent SREC resale business, which is bad because these SREC resellers have access to the captive solar market in some locations and they will advise PV producers not to claim.  On the other hand the fact they feel threatened means they at least know Solarcoin exists and think it must have some disruptive potential for them.

SolarCoin Address: 8cESoZyjFvx2Deq6VjQLqPfAwu8UXjcBkK    Gridcoin Address: SAuPu8zarzQykWLGwxc6JRvW3imM8YU9wc
Pinkcoin Address: 2GTnp7oRn2i6KnuwfGaFh1Ps7RZFyDe6nH    MannaCurrency Address: GXDwi6W888jbQZ7a79GTaStxiQsYehisfi
y_virtual

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 10:54:46 PM

The guy on /r/solar seemed quite concerned that Solarcoin was a competitor to his nascent SREC resale business, which is bad because these SREC resellers have access to the captive solar market in some locations and they will advise PV producers not to claim.  On the other hand the fact they feel threatened means they at least know Solarcoin exists and think it must have some disruptive potential for them.

So it's not a competitor, it's a supplemental non-governmental incentive program. Instead of worrying, they can start promoting SolarCoin and get their 10% referral bounty SLRs by helping the PV owners make their claims. Here is the referral program:
http://solarcoin.org/en/solarcoin-10-bounty-program-is-now-live/

Scalextrix

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 07:35:02 PM

So it's not a competitor, it's a supplemental non-governmental incentive program. Instead of worrying, they can start promoting SolarCoin and get their 10% referral bounty SLRs by helping the PV owners make their claims. Here is the referral program:

I quite agree, there seems to be no statutory legal issue I was pointed to and I said as much.  It seemed some SREC resellers are signing excusivity deals (exclusivity over exactly what wasnt apparent), that could be murky, all I said to that is never sign exclusivity into anything.  I dont see how the SREC scheme would know a Solarcoin claim was in anyway (we dont want to direct people this way because it creates doubt).  Its like driving your car while on your mobile phone, no-one will probably know, so long as you arent on the phone to the police while doing dohnuts in the police station car park.

SolarCoin Address: 8cESoZyjFvx2Deq6VjQLqPfAwu8UXjcBkK    Gridcoin Address: SAuPu8zarzQykWLGwxc6JRvW3imM8YU9wc
Pinkcoin Address: 2GTnp7oRn2i6KnuwfGaFh1Ps7RZFyDe6nH    MannaCurrency Address: GXDwi6W888jbQZ7a79GTaStxiQsYehisfi
themeco

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 10:52:53 PM

I quite agree, there seems to be no statutory legal issue I was pointed to and I said as much.  It seemed some SREC resellers are signing excusivity deals (exclusivity over exactly what wasnt apparent), that could be murky, all I said to that is never sign exclusivity into anything.  I dont see how the SREC scheme would know a Solarcoin claim was in anyway (we dont want to direct people this way because it creates doubt).  Its like driving your car while on your mobile phone, no-one will probably know, so long as you arent on the phone to the police while doing dohnuts in the police station car park.

hahaha that made me laugh. Forgive me if I'm being ignorant but what would there be to gain from exclusivity deals? I was under the assumption that SREC's exist as a form of subsidization for the solar industry. Surely if the objective is to subsidize (or in other words help) the solar industry would another complimentary form of subsidization not be welcome? I don't see why there needs to be competition. Unless I'm missing something, which is possible as I don't know to much about SREC.
Scalextrix

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 11:22:11 PM

hahaha that made me laugh. Forgive me if I'm being ignorant but what would there be to gain from exclusivity deals? I was under the assumption that SREC's exist as a form of subsidization for the solar industry. Surely if the objective is to subsidize (or in other words help) the solar industry would another complimentary form of subsidization not be welcome? I don't see why there needs to be competition. Unless I'm missing something, which is possible as I don't know to much about SREC.
Honestly Im as clueless as you, dont have SRECs in my region.

CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 03:07:33 AM

The guy on /r/solar seemed quite concerned that Solarcoin was a competitor to his nascent SREC resale business, which is bad because these SREC resellers have access to the captive solar market in some locations and they will advise PV producers not to claim.  On the other hand the fact they feel threatened means they at least know Solarcoin exists and think it must have some disruptive potential for them.

I quite agree, there seems to be no statutory legal issue I was pointed to and I said as much.  It seemed some SREC resellers are signing excusivity deals (exclusivity over exactly what wasnt apparent), that could be murky, all I said to that is never sign exclusivity into anything.  I dont see how the SREC scheme would know a Solarcoin claim was in anyway (we dont want to direct people this way because it creates doubt).  Its like driving your car while on your mobile phone, no-one will probably know, so long as you arent on the phone to the police while doing dohnuts in the police station car park.

It is just the laws that govern the SREC programs that are the issue. If you claim SREC it means you are not being subsidized in another way so you are stating that you meet the criteria for subsidy and file. So if there is a Record within SLR that is on the blockchain that states you accepted SLR as a subsidy then you could possibly invalidate the SREC. Laws tend to be created for a reason since it comes from the government. They tend to not look kindly on double dipping.

If there were a problem the most likely scenario would be a Devaluation of the SREC market, as they already do this currently, and you get less of a payout as other SREC markets can be diluted.

The controversy is whether SLR is a subsidy that would invalidate SREC or whether SREC cares either way. Since SLR is given away for free and is worth nothing unless you sell it for BitCoin first then there may be wiggle room there too, perception of trade is always there though since it is a Digital Stock based Currency. If it were a true currency there would be more stability. Free Claiming is the way that the Securities act is circumvented on behalf of SLR too. Since you have to go to BitCoin and then Fiat and makes it appear no Security Act Violation occurs.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 05:58:37 AM

It is just the laws that govern the SREC programs that are the issue. If you claim SREC it means you are not being subsidized in another way so you are stating that you meet the criteria for subsidy and file. So if there is a Record within SLR that is on the blockchain that states you accepted SLR as a subsidy then you could possibly invalidate the SREC. Laws tend to be created for a reason since it comes from the government. They tend to not look kindly on double dipping.

If there were a problem the most likely scenario would be a Devaluation of the SREC market, as they already do this currently, and you get less of a payout as other SREC markets can be diluted.

The controversy is whether SLR is a subsidy that would invalidate SREC or whether SREC cares either way. Since SLR is given away for free and is worth nothing unless you sell it for BitCoin first then there may be wiggle room there too, perception of trade is always there though since it is a Digital Stock based Currency. If it were a true currency there would be more stability. Free Claiming is the way that the Securities act is circumvented on behalf of SLR too. Since you have to go to BitCoin and then Fiat and makes it appear no Security Act Violation occurs.

I think you're over analyzing the situation. And this only affects a tiny percentage of potential claimants. Most of the claims will occur outside of the US because that's where most of the solar power is generated at least at the moment. The gritty details will eventually work themselves out.

solarcoiner

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:34:58 PM

Has anyone seen this: http://www.thesunexchange.com/   ?
I'm guessing it has nothing to do with solarcoin or electricchain?
Maybe we can get the word out about solarcoin and partner with these guys?
y_virtual

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:54:59 PM

Today I posted a comment (along with info on SolarCoin) on their FB page, they did reply:
https://www.facebook.com/thesunexchange/posts/491814534340510:0
Scalextrix

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 06:46:24 PM

Today I posted a comment (along with info on SolarCoin) on their FB page, they did reply:
Excellent, keep spreading the word!

vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 02:35:28 PM

64 nodes  Grin
y_virtual

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 10:11:19 AM

Has anyone seen this: http://www.thesunexchange.com/   ?

They said they have setup a SolarCoin node and are now accepting pledges in SLR, too. Check out the comment replies for their SLR address:
solarcoiner

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 06:24:55 PM

They said they have setup a SolarCoin node and are now accepting pledges in SLR, too. Check out the comment replies for their SLR address:

Nice! However it seems like they think we can just use shapeshift to send funds. BUT shapeshift doesnt accept Solarcoins.
And to be honest shapeshift is a joke. I tried selling some NXT yday and the maximum amount I can sell is 3 NXT which amounts to a few cents. they are useless.

edit: Whoever has the need to constantly delete my comments:  get a life
y_virtual

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 06:53:11 PM

Nice! However it seems like they think we can just use shapeshift to send funds. BUT shapeshift doesnt accept Solarcoins.
And to be honest shapeshift is a joke. I tried selling some NXT yday and the maximum amount I can sell is 3 NXT which amounts to a few cents. they are useless.

edit: Whoever has the need to constantly delete my comments:  get a life

If you expand the replies section, you will see their SLR address - it's in their second reply. I will now also fill in their Application eForm - it has no SLR mentioned as an investment option, but looks like they just haven't updated the .pdf yet.
solarcoiner

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 07:37:10 PM

edit: Whoever has the need to constantly delete my comments:  get a life

If you expand the replies section, you will see their SLR address - it's in their second reply. I will now also fill in their Application eForm - it has no SLR mentioned as an investment option, but looks like they just haven't updated the .pdf yet.

Great! I told them I would invest if they accept SLR
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 02:31:35 AM

For those interested:  www.electricchain.org now has 3 people from Parc acting as observers and we have an intro to project Sunshot http://energy.gov/eere/sunshot/sunshot-initiative from the DOE among other things going on under the hood. We don't even know what to do with that yet, but it sounds super interesting. Some large solar installers and developers are sniffing around solarcoin as well.  We can't make any formal anouncements at this time, but think this will be a very interesting year for a whole host of reasons.

Project sheets and proposals for electricchain will be drafted and circulated among MIT students soon and be made public.  If you have ideas, submit them or join the electricchain slack.

If you know any solar monitoring companies, would be great to add them to the electricchain send them our way.  Sunspec.org talks are underway among other things. We are also pursing further definition of project proposals to submit to NASA pending our NASA contacts' approval. These are early stage and not official deals etc. yet.

There are some amazing projects which will be written up as proposals with pilots that need people to lead them. Too early to describe in detail publicly, but really out there and hugely impactful.  Again, join the slack and follow a channel or volunteer your blockchain, hardware etc. skills.

Our latest wallet hardfork is being tested by Steve.  The fork is designed for security improvements and has no impact on coin economics (interest rates) or performance. it should also allow for deployment of the Coinomi wallet in their next release.

We had anticipated to release 3 week ago, but given choices would rather be late and ship quality.  

New site from Global SolarChange is also underway for release in coming weeks.  Everything always takes longer than expected in life.  Glad we are on a 40 year schedule with exponential growth Smiley

Nick

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 06:16:51 AM

Are you kidding Nick? Of course we're interested! I always read your posts like I'm watching PBS, always something new to learn. Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: