Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:45:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466756 times)
solarcoiner

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 06:36:46 PM

For those interested:  www.electricchain.org now has 3 people from Parc acting as observers and we have an intro to project Sunshot http://energy.gov/eere/sunshot/sunshot-initiative from the DOE among other things going on under the hood. We don't even know what to do with that yet, but it sounds super interesting. Some large solar installers and developers are sniffing around solarcoin as well.  We can't make any formal anouncements at this time, but think this will be a very interesting year for a whole host of reasons.

Project sheets and proposals for electricchain will be drafted and circulated among MIT students soon and be made public.  If you have ideas, submit them or join the electricchain slack.

If you know any solar monitoring companies, would be great to add them to the electricchain send them our way.  Sunspec.org talks are underway among other things. We are also pursing further definition of project proposals to submit to NASA pending our NASA contacts' approval. These are early stage and not official deals etc. yet.

There are some amazing projects which will be written up as proposals with pilots that need people to lead them. Too early to describe in detail publicly, but really out there and hugely impactful.  Again, join the slack and follow a channel or volunteer your blockchain, hardware etc. skills.

Our latest wallet hardfork is being tested by Steve.  The fork is designed for security improvements and has no impact on coin economics (interest rates) or performance. it should also allow for deployment of the Coinomi wallet in their next release.

We had anticipated to release 3 week ago, but given choices would rather be late and ship quality.  

New site from Global SolarChange is also underway for release in coming weeks.  Everything always takes longer than expected in life.  Glad we are on a 40 year schedule with exponential growth Smiley

Nick

Interesting stuff Smiley why exactly do we need another hard fork? What are the security features that are being worked on right now? It's just that hard forks can cause enexpected problems and we should avoid them at all cost in my opinion

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 07:06:14 PM

For those interested:  www.electricchain.org now has 3 people from Parc acting as observers and we have an intro to project Sunshot http://energy.gov/eere/sunshot/sunshot-initiative from the DOE among other things going on under the hood. We don't even know what to do with that yet, but it sounds super interesting. Some large solar installers and developers are sniffing around solarcoin as well.  We can't make any formal anouncements at this time, but think this will be a very interesting year for a whole host of reasons.

Project sheets and proposals for electricchain will be drafted and circulated among MIT students soon and be made public.  If you have ideas, submit them or join the electricchain slack.

If you know any solar monitoring companies, would be great to add them to the electricchain send them our way.  Sunspec.org talks are underway among other things. We are also pursing further definition of project proposals to submit to NASA pending our NASA contacts' approval. These are early stage and not official deals etc. yet.

There are some amazing projects which will be written up as proposals with pilots that need people to lead them. Too early to describe in detail publicly, but really out there and hugely impactful.  Again, join the slack and follow a channel or volunteer your blockchain, hardware etc. skills.

Our latest wallet hardfork is being tested by Steve.  The fork is designed for security improvements and has no impact on coin economics (interest rates) or performance. it should also allow for deployment of the Coinomi wallet in their next release.

We had anticipated to release 3 week ago, but given choices would rather be late and ship quality.  

New site from Global SolarChange is also underway for release in coming weeks.  Everything always takes longer than expected in life.  Glad we are on a 40 year schedule with exponential growth Smiley

Nick

Interesting stuff Smiley why exactly do we need another hard fork? What are the security features that are being worked on right now? It's just that hard forks can cause enexpected problems and we should avoid them at all cost in my opinion

Here is a previous quote with more details:

SolarCoin upgrade.

We want your input. We are making ongoing improvements to SolarCoin’s code for generator pool security, some cosmetic bug fixes and looking at increasing the block size to support the new www.electricchain.org

This will involve a hardfork.  the good news is this will be a fairly simple rollover, no changes to blockchain rewards, inflation rate calculation and unlike the current BTC hardfork debate no Solarcoin parties will “lose” anything from the change.  All of us gain from improved SolarCoin Generator pool security.

We would like the communities input on features you may want to see…..

so with that send suggestions either in this forum or PM Nick Gogerty directly.

regards,

SolarCoin Foundation a PBC (public benefit corporation)

solarcoiner

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 07:43:26 PM

Nick

Here is a previous quote with more details:

SolarCoin upgrade.

We want your input. We are making ongoing improvements to SolarCoin’s code for generator pool security, some cosmetic bug fixes and looking at increasing the block size to support the new www.electricchain.org

This will involve a hardfork.  the good news is this will be a fairly simple rollover, no changes to blockchain rewards, inflation rate calculation and unlike the current BTC hardfork debate no Solarcoin parties will “lose” anything from the change.  All of us gain from improved SolarCoin Generator pool security.

We would like the communities input on features you may want to see…..

so with that send suggestions either in this forum or PM Nick Gogerty directly.

regards,

SolarCoin Foundation a PBC (public benefit corporation)

Perfect. Thank you! I must have missed this
lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 03:30:21 AM

Not the best at reading these but the formation starting?

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 03:51:28 AM

I tend not to think that way about SLR. It's gaining value as more value is being added to the technology almost on a monthly basis.

nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 08:09:06 PM

1st developer giving out SolarCoin in Canada. Press release out soon on site.  Lots of other conversations under way.  http://corepack.ca/

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 08:11:47 PM

For those wishing to propose electricchain projects.   https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WoxoYGwFNfznTpmfYBxWlZv2qFKz9VRmDDlbQUJ6Bu0/edit?usp=sharing

copy, fill in and submit.  These will go up on the electricchain slack. for those not on the chain there are some super interesting projects involving monitoring etc. send me a PM with email to join and check it out.

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
frankywill

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:47:39 PM

NEW SUNLIGHT TECNNOLOGY DISCOVER BY THE TEAM BEHIND PULSAR DOME PROJECT
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 12:31:20 PM

I tend not to think that way about SLR. It's gaining value as more value is being added to the technology almost on a monthly basis.

Correct.  Price is an output. speculative, functional and transactional utility are inputs.  Speculation is the least interesting of the inputs to price. Growing the transactional utility (people willing to accept/hold) and functional utility (extra data etc. uses) of the SolarCoin blockchain are the interesting things.  Build value and price will catch up to reflect it. 

http://www.butler-bowdon.com/warren-buffett---the-essays-of-warren-buffett.html

Alao

Activity: 493

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 02:56:43 PM

Hard to say since SLR is only on one exchange which make it easy to manipulate the charts. If it gets on another then it will have more meaning.

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
solarcoiner

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 03:35:20 PM

Hard to say since SLR is only on one exchange which make it easy to manipulate the charts. If it gets on another then it will have more meaning.

Call it insignificant if you want but there are more than 8 Bitcoins of buy supoprt above 0.002. (this was practically non existant a few weeks ago)
Its going to take quie a big sell for the price to go back down. But yes it would be amazing to get SLR on other exchanges.
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 01:31:11 AM

It's on Bleutrade, but the volume is tiny.

https://bleutrade.com/exchange/SLR/BTC

user_fred

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 09:26:15 PM

https://coinreport.net/nasa-mit-others-join-open-solar-energy-project-electricchain/

@: 8cfscmSGjePDWwu6w5kbMbACwHhybLrawk
§1 = 1MWh
Alao

Activity: 493

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 12:21:23 AM

It's on Bleutrade, but the volume is tiny.

https://bleutrade.com/exchange/SLR/BTC

Yea we need more liquidity.  If we could got on poloniex it would be a lot higher.

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2016, 02:33:55 AM

New version of SolarCoin wallet is underway: https://github.com/onsightit/solarcoin

fuznutts

Activity: 158

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 04:34:19 AM

New version of SolarCoin wallet is underway: https://github.com/onsightit/solarcoin

Nice.  Smiley

Just wanted to let you know I am going to have the hangout this friday still for your community.  It will be at 11:15-11:30am EST.  Our community is looking forward to it.  Smiley

Don't forget to download mumbe @ beyondbitcoin.org/mumbleinfo !
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 04:42:57 AM

Nice.  Smiley

Just wanted to let you know I am going to have the hangout this friday still for your community.  It will be at 11:15-11:30am EST.  Our community is looking forward to it.  Smiley

Awesome! I won't be able to attend, but I look forward to watching the podcast. Smiley

fuznutts

Activity: 158

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 05:30:55 PM

Nice.  Smiley

Awesome! I won't be able to attend, but I look forward to watching the podcast. Smiley

I need at least one person to represent the community--preferably someone with a long history with Solarcoin and solid understanding of the vision and tech (at least at a high level).  Also very interested in seeing if there is someone who would be considered the "community manager" for Solarcoin as well.  I am wanting to help you guys alot over time, but I would need someone who is trusted 100% by your community so I can help them and give them help leveraging the tools and connections I have. 

I would be interested in putting this person in place to put up maybe a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly solarcoin hangout and will give them tokens that will be later used to own beyond bitcoin.  If you guys/gals know of such a person, please do me the favor of getting them in touch with me?

I would gladly give them a room of their own to administer in the beyond bitcoin server.  Smiley
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 02:12:02 AM

Nice.  Smiley

I need at least one person to represent the community--preferably someone with a long history with Solarcoin and solid understanding of the vision and tech (at least at a high level).  Also very interested in seeing if there is someone who would be considered the "community manager" for Solarcoin as well.  I am wanting to help you guys alot over time, but I would need someone who is trusted 100% by your community so I can help them and give them help leveraging the tools and connections I have. 

I would be interested in putting this person in place to put up maybe a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly solarcoin hangout and will give them tokens that will be later used to own beyond bitcoin.  If you guys/gals know of such a person, please do me the favor of getting them in touch with me?

I would gladly give them a room of their own to administer in the beyond bitcoin server.  Smiley

for what it is worth. I am publishing these details to the electricchain slack and to the solarcoin foundation slack used by solcrypto and global solarchange.

lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 02:45:15 AM

Good article. It is important to remember that ElectriCChain itself is a non-profit, based on the Linux Foundation model. ElectriCChain itself can spin off multiple separate business models to be built on top of this.

Please navigate to the slack if you want to be added in.

Thanks,
lfloorwalker

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: