Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:39:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466757 times)
Snake Pliskin

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 12:02:23 PM

solarcoin.org    Bottom of website.     Grin

Note: SolarCoin is not yet live on Poloniex. They have informed the SolarCoin Foundation that SolarCoin will be added with the next release.

That's fantastic news...
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
themeco

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 12:44:47 PM

This is great news. Everything is looking on the up and we still have a long way to go Smiley
Breasal

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 02:46:16 PM

SolarCoin will be added [to poloniex] with the next release.

Any idea what "next release" means, particularly related to timeline?
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 03:26:03 PM

SolarCoin will be added [to poloniex] with the next release.

Any idea what "next release" means, particularly related to timeline?

Great news!  And yes, what does "next release" mean for timeframe?  I am loving this coin more and more each month!

I love Bitcoin
Alao

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 04:17:38 PM

Currently waaay to much volatility to day trade....The pump started a couple of days ago. Whales are creating this volitility and pump. I'm afraid they will dump millions of $$ worth when it hits polo (if hits polo - I have not see evidence from polo about this). Be careful.

edit: with this many rich wallets - https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slr/#!wallets - these high prices are not sustainable. Volume is too low even if one wallet "cashes out"

Yikes!

The rich wallets are reducing. As the price goes up the large holders are slowly selling coins. This always happens. Not too many people can hold everything after it's gone up 30x. I am speaking from experience in this case.

This project sure has a lot of Nicks  Cheesy  All with vastly different opinions too!!!

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
themeco

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 05:13:12 PM

There is this notice on Poloniex -

On 6/3/2016, the following markets will be delisted: ARCH, EXE, GEMZ, INDEX, MIL, MRS, NOXT, XCH, XDP

Just a guess but if they are removing these markets this may be when they are updating?
Herbix

Activity: 97

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 10:36:21 PM

There is a link to POLOINEX on the solar coin website - solarcoin.org
It looks like it is happening......

There is also a link in the wallet check it out! It must be happening

edit: I think we might also be getting a slr/ltc pair  Grin Grin  http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/pair/slr/ltc/poloniex/10-days

Solarcoin was listed on Poloniex back in 2014 for a while, but it got removed due to extremely low volume. Main exchange at the beginning was Allcrypt (which was hacked btw and closed after that).

I wouldn't count on Poloniex adding Solarcoin before they officially announce it on Twitter. They do add coins from time to time, but trading volume needs to be quite high for a while on other exchanges.

Btw. mining rig rentals pointed at Solarcoin from 2014 seem to be paying themselves back slowly, too bad that I didn't hold all of the mined coins Smiley
solarcoiner

Activity: 445

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 09:03:58 AM

Currently waaay to much volatility to day trade....The pump started a couple of days ago. Whales are creating this volitility and pump. I'm afraid they will dump millions of $$ worth when it hits polo (if hits polo - I have not see evidence from polo about this). Be careful.

edit: with this many rich wallets - https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slr/#!wallets - these high prices are not sustainable. Volume is too low even if one wallet "cashes out"

Yikes!

The rich wallets are reducing. As the price goes up the large holders are slowly selling coins. This always happens. Not too many people can hold everything after it's gone up 30x. I am speaking from experience in this case.

Same here. My stash is smaller than it used to be :p
solarcoiner

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 09:06:23 AM

There is a link to POLOINEX on the solar coin website - solarcoin.org
It looks like it is happening......

There is also a link in the wallet check it out! It must be happening

edit: I think we might also be getting a slr/ltc pair  Grin Grin  http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/pair/slr/ltc/poloniex/10-days

Solarcoin was listed on Poloniex back in 2014 for a while, but it got removed due to extremely low volume. Main exchange at the beginning was Allcrypt (which was hacked btw and closed after that).

I wouldn't count on Poloniex adding Solarcoin before they officially announce it on Twitter. They do add coins from time to time, but trading volume needs to be quite high for a while on other exchanges.

Btw. mining rig rentals pointed at Solarcoin from 2014 seem to be paying themselves back slowly, too bad that I didn't hold all of the mined coins Smiley

Yes I remember when I pointed all of my miners to the most profitable coin to buy SLR every day. This was the best decision I ever made :p
sandiman

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 10:04:33 AM

solarcoin.org    Bottom of website.     Grin

Note: SolarCoin is not yet live on Poloniex. They have informed the SolarCoin Foundation that SolarCoin will be added with the next release.

Could you screenshot that ? can see it on the french version of the website?
SHAGTIMEminer

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 11:24:52 AM

Yikes!

I GOT 302,425.433 SLR AND GROWING DAILY
THIS IS THE FIRST COIN THAT IS PAYING INTEREST
WHEN I FIRST STARTED MINING SLR THE TALK WAS 10.00 USD BY 2020
AFTER ALL IT IS THE FIRST COIN TIED TO A COMMODITY
solarcoiner

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 11:38:19 AM

Yikes!

Yes I think the POST algo is def. the best there is in terms of proof of stake. It feels alot like mining back in the old days ...
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 01:02:04 PM

solarcoin.org    Bottom of website.     Grin

Could you screenshot that ? can see it on the french version of the website?

Alao

Activity: 493

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 01:02:41 PM

Yikes!

That is a good stash. At current rates your doing pretty well. Just wait until we get on polinex

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 01:15:17 PM

Easily see $1+ on Poloniex the first day in my opinion.
themeco

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 01:42:29 PM

I was wondering the same thing. There are some good reasons why this could happen. If speculators do their research and look at SLR's long term charts its has very healthy long term growth. It often reminds me of bitcoin the the early days.
Breasal

Activity: 585

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 02:12:21 PM

Yikes!

And

I was wondering the same thing. There are some good reasons why this could happen. If speculators do their research and look at SLR's long term charts its has very healthy long term growth. It often reminds me of bitcoin the the early days.

First, what the point of bragging about ones holdings?! Congrats to you but posting your stack total does nothing but make potential investors in SLR run for the hills frankly. Someone coming into SLR sees yours and so many fat SLR wallets together with so little liquidity on the exchange and it paints a picture of "doom and gloom" for the future SLR value. Basically with only about 60 BTC buy orders and 525 BTC worth of sell orders on the books at Bittrex, your stack alone would put a pretty good dent in the price! That is my concern in the coming months as SLR gains popularity...whale wallets cashing out. But markets will be markets and I'm only stating the obvious for those wanting to enter the SLR market. Frankly, I hope the price drops off and increases slowly instead of this pump we are seeing which will inevitably lead to a dump/correction.
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 02:59:28 PM

So it looks like every ones request to get on Poloniex worked. Great job everyone! Now lets try to get on Bitfinex.

For Suggestions

feedback@bitfinex.com
themeco

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 04:10:58 PM

Yikes!

And

First, what the point of bragging about ones holdings?! Congrats to you but posting your stack total does nothing but make potential investors in SLR run for the hills frankly. Someone coming into SLR sees yours and so many fat SLR wallets together with so little liquidity on the exchange and it paints a picture of "doom and gloom" for the future SLR value. Basically with only about 60 BTC buy orders and 525 BTC worth of sell orders on the books at Bittrex, your stack alone would put a pretty good dent in the price! That is my concern in the coming months as SLR gains popularity...whale wallets cashing out. But markets will be markets and I'm only stating the obvious for those wanting to enter the SLR market. Frankly, I hope the price drops off and increases slowly instead of this pump we are seeing which will inevitably lead to a dump/correction.

The price has been rising slowly for years. This isn't a pump and dump, check the  long term charts. Also check the asks, there is only around 88 BTC worth of sell orders before you get to people selling at much higher prices than would be expected eg. selling 120 SLR for 105 BTC. But on a daily basis there can be up to 200 BTC worth of sell orders. So you can't really rely on the bids and asks to determine even daily volume.

Your concerns about whales is valid, I have expressed similar concerns in the past, but it makes little sense to dump a load of coins on the market in one go. Most large holders have been slowly selling off as time goes by, pretty similar to what happened with many large bitcoin holders. Plus we can see upwards of 1 million coins being sold on some days. There are very few if any single holders with this many coins. Joining a new exchange will increase liquidity, and regardless of this volume has been on the increase for months.

I understand the desire to wan't to drive the price down, but even at these prices many people here still see the current price as a steal considering all the development and work that is going on behind the scenes.
CryptoKidd

Activity: 60

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 05:14:38 PM

Yikes!

And

The price has been rising slowly for years. This isn't a pump and dump, check the  long term charts. Also check the asks, there is only around 88 BTC worth of sell orders before you get to people selling at much higher prices than would be expected eg. selling 120 SLR for 105 BTC. But on a daily basis there can be up to 200 BTC worth of sell orders. So you can't really rely on the bids and asks to determine even daily volume.

Your concerns about whales is valid, I have expressed similar concerns in the past, but it makes little sense to dump a load of coins on the market in one go. Most large holders have been slowly selling off as time goes by, pretty similar to what happened with many large bitcoin holders. Plus we can see upwards of 1 million coins being sold on some days. There are very few if any single holders with this many coins. Joining a new exchange will increase liquidity, and regardless of this volume has been on the increase for months.

I understand the desire to wan't to drive the price down, but even at these prices many people here still see the current price as a steal considering all the development and work that is going on behind the scenes.

There is serious market manipulation going on…lots of buying and selling by the same person/people.

I don't see trading in the $1 range anytime soon, even if it goes on new exchanges, as SLR has been trading for a long time now, and everyone in crypto land knows all the emerging coins, and where they can buy them...but it would trigger some major selling if it did.

The big concern for me is the $6 million dollars invested into the folks building a competing solar blockchain, as that kind of money will most certainly produce results quickly, that could expand around the globe (even though the focus seems to be in the US right now). Instead of being the only solar blockchain - SLR is now in a race/competition, that it could lose Sad
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: