Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:24:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466756 times)
user_fred

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 07:56:19 PM

The big concern for me is the $6 million dollars invested into the folks building a competing solar blockchain, as that kind of money will most certainly produce results quickly, that could expand around the globe (even though the focus seems to be in the US right now). Instead of being the only solar blockchain - SLR is now in a race/competition, that it could lose Sad
They have nothing, just an announcement.
There is only one real solar blockchain.
My concern is there is more and more FUD while the price rising and new people coming.

@: 8cfscmSGjePDWwu6w5kbMbACwHhybLrawk
§1 = 1MWh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
daniobg

Activity: 232
Merit: 105

Solarcoin.org

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 08:08:30 PM

My concern is there is more and more FUD while the price rising and new people coming.

Yep. I hope more people come here, we need liquidity and we need distribution. The next weeks/months will be very interesting - Poloniex will add us and don't forget that Bitcoin halving is knocking too Wink Very exciting times to be a part of the Solarcoin project and the crypto world at all Smiley My expectations for Solarcoin are great so far, but my concern at the moment is Bitcoin - I am already seeing a bubble forming and who knows when it will pop  Huh

SolarCoin – A Global Rewards Program For Solar Electricity Generation       ElectriCChain – The Solar Energy Blockchain Project Site For Climate Change
Solcrypto – A Future Powered By Solar Energy                  

Feel free to tip me!  BTC: 1EGsKEd9gxGVnNKg6hkXREHqGVbirqAUYr   SLR: 8GnTPXj9fAH5xe1247c4MaQxMiQEP5MD7d
Alao

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 08:39:29 PM

I'm actually not scared of the whales. I think they are the ones probably manipulating. There have been two days so far in the past month when the volume was over 100k. The first was a huge dump and this last time was a huge pump.

Any whale that does sell spreads the SLR and ends up getting out of the game. The market will be there to buy up the cheap coins. Right now we are extremely over bought and no one is really selling. To get us back to 7 cents would mean somone dumping over 50 BTC worth of SLR and they lose more the lower they try to push the price.

So if your a whale go ahead and dump. You will allow me to add to my stash. I can't buy at these prices.

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
CryptoKidd

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 11:20:47 PM

The big concern for me is the $6 million dollars invested into the folks building a competing solar blockchain, as that kind of money will most certainly produce results quickly, that could expand around the globe (even though the focus seems to be in the US right now). Instead of being the only solar blockchain - SLR is now in a race/competition, that it could lose Sad

Not so true.

They have a blockchain, as they are in the private blockchain space.

They have already demonstrated how they are writing to the blockchain from a solar panel in their recent demonstration.

They have a company with people/$ that are dedicated to this space.
gavidon

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 11:51:03 PM

Just checked on Solarcoin for the first time in over a year, and wow! Glad I held on to mine!

It’s really exciting that there’s been so much growth while bitcoin is also gaining value. If bitcoin keeps going up, great. As things have been going, looks like Solarcoin could keep rising too.

And if it bitcoin falls, and altcoins in general rise with people looking for other places to put their $$, Solarcoin would be in a great position to rise in that case too.

Going back through the thread now to catch up…
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 12:36:21 AM

Hello

Thanks for your message and for your suggestion

We do constantly monitor the environment and look for additional products to offer our users and Solarcoin is included in this consideration

At the moment however we have no immediate plans to add Solarcoin or other coins

We will continue to monitor and this may change in the future

Kind regards,

Stephen
Bitfinex Support Team
support@bitfinex.com
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 12:37:21 AM

The more messages they get from us the better.
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 01:42:31 AM

Currently waaay to much volatility to day trade....The pump started a couple of days ago. Whales are creating this volitility and pump. I'm afraid they will dump millions of $$ worth when it hits polo (if hits polo - I have not see evidence from polo about this). Be careful.

edit: with this many rich wallets - https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slr/#!wallets - these high prices are not sustainable. Volume is too low even if one wallet "cashes out"

Yikes!

They won't Dump until they Pump so no worries it will drop back down to the same level they started at. They will be the first to list on Poloniex and buy their coin from themselves to Pump it up and then Dump on any buyers. Pretty cool how these markets work, by buying your own coin you get refunded your bitcoin and own back your SolarCoin. Gotta love Crypto! If you see a big wall to start then someone will be stopping the pump and make it legit.
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 01:48:59 AM

Currently waaay to much volatility to day trade....The pump started a couple of days ago. Whales are creating this volitility and pump. I'm afraid they will dump millions of $$ worth when it hits polo (if hits polo - I have not see evidence from polo about this). Be careful.

edit: with this many rich wallets - https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slr/#!wallets - these high prices are not sustainable. Volume is too low even if one wallet "cashes out"

Yikes!

Seems like most of the SLR is on Bittrex. It's probably the total sum that is on the exchange. The whales could of dumped a long time ago but have chosen not to. Given the current price seems some of these wallets have over $100k in SLR. I think getting listed on Polinex will break up the whales then we will hit new highs. I don't see a lot of these whales sticking around for much longer. The 34 mill that is out will get distributed.

No way it will break up the whales, they can pump at will since most of the accounts on Poloniex would have no SLR and they can pump around them with ease. The whales will make it hit new highs, you kind of have it backwards. They won't crash a market, they force the market to meet their Pump. You speak like the Tail wags the Whale.
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 01:56:43 AM

Yikes!

The rich wallets are reducing. As the price goes up the large holders are slowly selling coins. This always happens. Not too many people can hold everything after it's gone up 30x. I am speaking from experience in this case.

Same here. My stash is smaller than it used to be :p
I GOT 302,425.433 SLR AND GROWING DAILY
THIS IS THE FIRST COIN THAT IS PAYING INTEREST
WHEN I FIRST STARTED MINING SLR THE TALK WAS 10.00 USD BY 2020
AFTER ALL IT IS THE FIRST COIN TIED TO A COMMODITY

SolarCoin is not tied to a commodity, the Claimers own their Solar and use the power they generate. The way it is expressed is that it is a Flight Mile scenario. So this was the problem I brought up initially like which came first the Chicken or the Egg. If everyone were to take their money to buy Solar and claim who would buy the SolarCoin the Claimers wish to sell? People getting rid of their BitCoin is the only option that I can see but why wouldn't these same people sell their BitCoin and buy Solar?
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 01:59:39 AM

Easily see $1+ on Poloniex the first day in my opinion.

I will pump it there just for you if I get my coin there first. I will buy all my sells up to $1 just to see your posts.
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 02:04:51 AM

Yikes!

The rich wallets are reducing. As the price goes up the large holders are slowly selling coins. This always happens. Not too many people can hold everything after it's gone up 30x. I am speaking from experience in this case.

And

I was wondering the same thing. There are some good reasons why this could happen. If speculators do their research and look at SLR's long term charts its has very healthy long term growth. It often reminds me of bitcoin the the early days.

First, what the point of bragging about ones holdings?! Congrats to you but posting your stack total does nothing but make potential investors in SLR run for the hills frankly. Someone coming into SLR sees yours and so many fat SLR wallets together with so little liquidity on the exchange and it paints a picture of "doom and gloom" for the future SLR value. Basically with only about 60 BTC buy orders and 525 BTC worth of sell orders on the books at Bittrex, your stack alone would put a pretty good dent in the price! That is my concern in the coming months as SLR gains popularity...whale wallets cashing out. But markets will be markets and I'm only stating the obvious for those wanting to enter the SLR market. Frankly, I hope the price drops off and increases slowly instead of this pump we are seeing which will inevitably lead to a dump/correction.

The majority is held by a few people and they all got in on the PoW. 33 Million coin is a lot to have looming out there so you are correct. But the holders like the devs of the coin are smart. They don't sell off and you can see the big wallets holding at Bittrex. I dumped into a wall once and that was the first time I saw these big totals change. So they are manipulating the price but doing it slow and steady. So don't worry they know they hold all the coin and will take out positions right before you think you may beat them to it.
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 02:09:11 AM

Yikes!

And

I was wondering the same thing. There are some good reasons why this could happen. If speculators do their research and look at SLR's long term charts its has very healthy long term growth. It often reminds me of bitcoin the the early days.

First, what the point of bragging about ones holdings?! Congrats to you but posting your stack total does nothing but make potential investors in SLR run for the hills frankly. Someone coming into SLR sees yours and so many fat SLR wallets together with so little liquidity on the exchange and it paints a picture of "doom and gloom" for the future SLR value. Basically with only about 60 BTC buy orders and 525 BTC worth of sell orders on the books at Bittrex, your stack alone would put a pretty good dent in the price! That is my concern in the coming months as SLR gains popularity...whale wallets cashing out. But markets will be markets and I'm only stating the obvious for those wanting to enter the SLR market. Frankly, I hope the price drops off and increases slowly instead of this pump we are seeing which will inevitably lead to a dump/correction.

The price has been rising slowly for years. This isn't a pump and dump, check the  long term charts. Also check the asks, there is only around 88 BTC worth of sell orders before you get to people selling at much higher prices than would be expected eg. selling 120 SLR for 105 BTC. But on a daily basis there can be up to 200 BTC worth of sell orders. So you can't really rely on the bids and asks to determine even daily volume.

Your concerns about whales is valid, I have expressed similar concerns in the past, but it makes little sense to dump a load of coins on the market in one go. Most large holders have been slowly selling off as time goes by, pretty similar to what happened with many large bitcoin holders. Plus we can see upwards of 1 million coins being sold on some days. There are very few if any single holders with this many coins. Joining a new exchange will increase liquidity, and regardless of this volume has been on the increase for months.

I understand the desire to wan't to drive the price down, but even at these prices many people here still see the current price as a steal considering all the development and work that is going on behind the scenes.

Could be fake volume too so you never really know how many coins have distributed. The best option is for everyone to put their buys in at 1 satoshi and you don't ever have to worry about PnD. If everyone does this then the only volume would be pumpers, and they could just go pump themselves. Then by doing this the community would let them know that we want a coin with stability.
Alao

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 02:38:47 AM

I will pump it there just for you if I get my coin there first. I will buy all my sells up to $1 just to see your posts.

How thoughtful of you Nick.  I knew you had a heart   Wink

§1 = 1MWh
Alao

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 02:46:04 AM

Yikes!

And

The majority is held by a few people and they all got in on the PoW. 33 Million coin is a lot to have looming out there so you are correct. But the holders like the devs of the coin are smart. They don't sell off and you can see the big wallets holding at Bittrex. I dumped into a wall once and that was the first time I saw these big totals change. So they are manipulating the price but doing it slow and steady. So don't worry they know they hold all the coin and will take out positions right before you think you may beat them to it.

I did notice the total's on the top two wallets changing on Bittrex.  Only Sightly though. I also noticed a another wallet that seemed to pop up in third place.  So it looks like someone is buying. Not sure what their intent is though.  At these prices that is a lot of money to have sitting on an exchange.

§1 = 1MWh
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 03:12:50 AM

Yikes!

And

I did notice the total's on the top two wallets changing on Bittrex.  Only Sightly though. I also noticed a another wallet that seemed to pop up in third place.  So it looks like someone is buying. Not sure what their intent is though.  At these prices that is a lot of money to have sitting on an exchange.

Yeah the 500K is a newcomer, but the 2 big wallets didn't pay anything for their coin, PoW was very cheap.
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 03:17:56 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2016, 03:34:46 AM by vipgelsi

The whales will not start selling until they see $1+

You can take that to the bank.
Breasal

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 04:12:42 AM

Um, guess my head's been in the dirt....link please?
daniobg

Activity: 232
Merit: 105

Solarcoin.org

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 06:24:28 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2016, 06:53:31 AM by daniobg

I also noticed a another wallet that seemed to pop up in third place.  So it looks like someone is buying. Not sure what their intent is though.  At these prices that is a lot of money to have sitting on an exchange.

The new wallet in the 3rd position popped up a few days ago when someone bough all the orders up to 0.00032. I think it was june 2 just after the signing of the partnership between Lumo-France and electricchain in London Smiley I don't know if those guys bought all those coins, but the meeting in London seems to triggered that. I remember that correctly, because just before I was going to sleep I checked Bittrex one more time and I was like "dafuq that escalated quickly" Cheesy and when I saw the distribution I saw that new guy at the 3rd place with 500k + coins in there, which matched the number of coins been bought a few minutes ago Smiley So I think that "guy" is not here to dump. Anyway I still can't understand how can those people can keep such a big amount of their coins in an exchange - it is not safe and everybody knows that history repeats itself at some point (and yes I am talking about mtgox and company).

SolarCoin – A Global Rewards Program For Solar Electricity Generation       ElectriCChain – The Solar Energy Blockchain Project Site For Climate Change
Solcrypto – A Future Powered By Solar Energy                  

Feel free to tip me!  BTC: 1EGsKEd9gxGVnNKg6hkXREHqGVbirqAUYr   SLR: 8GnTPXj9fAH5xe1247c4MaQxMiQEP5MD7d
TooQik

Activity: 337
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 08:16:09 AM

Quote from: CryptoNick
SolarCoin is not tied to a commodity, the Claimers own their Solar and use the power they generate. The way it is expressed is that it is a Flight Mile scenario. So this was the problem I brought up initially like which came first the Chicken or the Egg. If everyone were to take their money to buy Solar and claim who would buy the SolarCoin the Claimers wish to sell? People getting rid of their BitCoin is the only option that I can see but why wouldn't these same people sell their BitCoin and buy Solar?
Claimers own their own PV system but they don't necessarily use the power they generate, you're forgetting any export to the grid.

If everyone were to invest in solar that would be a good thing. It doesn't matter if they use Bitcoin, SLR, USD or livestock to purchase a PV system. The whole point of SLR is to help incentivise people into buying into solar generation in the first place by rewarding the generators with something else they can potentially use in exchange for services, goods or trade. This is on top of other government incentives like renewable energy certificates that are already traded and openly purchased by power companies so they can meet government renewable energy targets.

People will place their own value on SLR regardless of current exchange price. Once the exchange price meets (or exceeds) their value they will sell or buy, depending on their intentions - this is no different to any market. People will buy into SLR if they deem it the better option than purchasing a PV system, so I don't know why you always try to make the point that no-one will simply buy SLR on the exchanges.

The problem I see with SLR presently is it's such a closed environment with small amounts of people owning large amounts of coin. The sooner more volume of SLR is spread between more holders the better.
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: