Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:15:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466756 times)
Scalextrix

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 07:21:08 AM

I really don't see the doom and gloom scenario CryptoNick. Solarcoin is just another form of barter. It's not always going to be necessary to turn it into straight currency.
For solar installers its a kind of loyalty programme, they dont have to sell their SLR to get the value from it, they can use it to entice their installed customers to buy complementary items/add ons like batteries or maintenance.  They can then re-issue it to new customers as a system purchase incentive.  Although in theory this costs them money to do, they are securing future revenue streams, which is more valuable, its why the supermarket allows you to have clubcard points rather than a straight discount.

SolarCoin Address: 8cESoZyjFvx2Deq6VjQLqPfAwu8UXjcBkK    Gridcoin Address: SAuPu8zarzQykWLGwxc6JRvW3imM8YU9wc
Pinkcoin Address: 2GTnp7oRn2i6KnuwfGaFh1Ps7RZFyDe6nH    MannaCurrency Address: GXDwi6W888jbQZ7a79GTaStxiQsYehisfi

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
daniobg

Activity: 232
Merit: 105

Solarcoin.org

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2016, 09:24:14 AM

I think we really need to trade directly to USD - Bitcoin is holding us back and by that I mean if BTC goes up we "may" go UP, if BTC goes down we "may" go down too + if someone wants to BUY Solarcoins, he must buy Bitcoin first... If we trade directly to USD this scenario "may" be solved and people can buy Solarcoins easy. What do you guys think?

SolarCoin – A Global Rewards Program For Solar Electricity Generation       ElectriCChain – The Solar Energy Blockchain Project Site For Climate Change
Solcrypto – A Future Powered By Solar Energy                  

Feel free to tip me!  BTC: 1EGsKEd9gxGVnNKg6hkXREHqGVbirqAUYr   SLR: 8GnTPXj9fAH5xe1247c4MaQxMiQEP5MD7d
solarcoiner

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 09:24:30 AM

Don't you guys understand? What goes up too hard comes back down eventually. Its as simple as that. How did you not see this coming? I hope you didnt buy too many at the top  Grin

The price was heavily manipulated up so I was kind of expecting it to be manipulated back down at some point...

BTW: I learned a lot from Nick's book: The Nature of Value. Its a really well written book! Thank you Nick  Cheesy

If no one buys at the top the price will never go up. So that is why you should hedge. But this is only important for people staying in SolarCoin, the point of Claiming is to make money to pay for your Solar Panels so Claimers must sell at some point and get money and never come back in. By giving your coin to a merchant you will also reciprocate the same actions. The market is boosted enough to entice people to get out and there is so much coin just sitting there in large wallets doing nothing. You can't blame them for trying to distribute the coin too especially at this price, holding may take too long and they have to get in front of the 98Billion that will slowly trickle on their heads like a leaky ceiling.

Seeing the 98Billion coin may scare some of the people that may exchange their BitCoin to SolarCoin who may want to never go back to BitCoin. They are going to have to wait patiently for the price to go up just to use the coin. Using the coin makes the price go down since Merchants have to sell. Right now there is not many places to use SolarCoin so that is also unattractive to change out your BitCoin, but if there were many merchants and people used it they would notice the price would fall.

There are so many factors working against the market right now. Distribution, Claimers selling, Lack of Merchants or vice versa, PoST Rewards are minuscule to small wallets, Market Manipulation, and Large wallets gain more PoST rewards also and these wallets were the PoW benefactors. That is a big issue combined with not enough distribution, and a great value it is since PoW was very lucrative at the initial block rewards. Should these users get paid more than what the coin was intended for... Solar Claiming? As you complain that the price is not high enough, these large holders are overjoyed to be able to sell at these prices and get free money!

You say no one buys at the top which is not true. No one wants to buy at the top. But sometimes emotions get in the way of people...
I sold at the Top so someone bought at the top... You're right about the POST. Some users are making a heck of a lot of money right now. And thats why I sold when it seemed to be overvalued... You will see money will come back to solarcoin once its cheap enough! I am convinced
solarcoiner

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 09:25:50 AM

I think we really need to trade directly to USD - Bitcoin is holding us back and by that I mean if BTC goes up we "may" go UP, if BTC goes down we "may" go down too. If we trade directly to USD this scenario "may" be solved. What do you guys think?

I think that's a load of bollocks. Bitcoin is not Holding SLR back. In fact its the only reason for its existence. Noone would trade SLR if you could not get any BTC in return... (at least thats what I think)
daniobg

Activity: 232
Merit: 105

Solarcoin.org

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2016, 09:30:34 AM

I think we really need to trade directly to USD - Bitcoin is holding us back and by that I mean if BTC goes up we "may" go UP, if BTC goes down we "may" go down too. If we trade directly to USD this scenario "may" be solved. What do you guys think?

I think that's a load of bollocks. Bitcoin is not Holding SLR back. In fact its the only reason for its existence. Noone would trade SLR if you could not get any BTC in return... (at least thats what I think)

Well I'm not saying that we must completely remove the BTC/SLR trading out of the market, but instead to add USD/SLR option too. Most of the top 5 coins in the exchanges have that option, why don't we add it too? It may bring more stability to the price, don't you think and people who want to buy, can directly do it with their cash, instead of buying BTC and then converting to SLR etc... All I want is to make the whole process of trading SLR easy for the people who want to invest.

P.S. - and as we were speaking another "small" 16k SLR dump happened in Bittrex... I'm getting tired of this manipulation :/

SolarCoin – A Global Rewards Program For Solar Electricity Generation       ElectriCChain – The Solar Energy Blockchain Project Site For Climate Change
Solcrypto – A Future Powered By Solar Energy                  

Feel free to tip me!  BTC: 1EGsKEd9gxGVnNKg6hkXREHqGVbirqAUYr   SLR: 8GnTPXj9fAH5xe1247c4MaQxMiQEP5MD7d
solarcoiner

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 09:49:03 AM

Well I'm not saying that we must completely remove the BTC/SLR trading out of the market, but instead to add USD/SLR option too. Most of the top 5 coins in the exchanges have that option, why don't we add it too? It may bring more stability to the price, don't you think and people who want to buy, can directly do it with their cash, instead of buying BTC and then converting to SLR etc... All I want is to make the whole process of trading SLR easy for the people who want to invest.

P.S. - and as we were speaking another "small" 16k SLR dump happened in Bittrex... I'm getting tired of this manipulation :/

Sure why not add a USD trading pair. I personally don't like to trade in USD. Coin/BTC is always the way to go for me because there are no regulations and no taxes on what you earn while trading. I would not trade on the USD pair... But thats just me. I think Solarcoin complements bitcoin in a very special way and I think if bitcoin were to disappear tomorrow so would Solarcoin...

I don't understand why you're so worried about the price. It's been going up and down for years now with a decent uptrend when you look at the all-time chart. I'd understand if you bought all of your coins above this price level but surely you have been around for a while?
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 12:38:41 PM

Don't you guys understand? What goes up too hard comes back down eventually. Its as simple as that. How did you not see this coming? I hope you didnt buy too many at the top  Grin

The price was heavily manipulated up so I was kind of expecting it to be manipulated back down at some point...

BTW: I learned a lot from Nick's book: The Nature of Value. Its a really well written book! Thank you Nick  Cheesy

If no one buys at the top the price will never go up. So that is why you should hedge. But this is only important for people staying in SolarCoin, the point of Claiming is to make money to pay for your Solar Panels so Claimers must sell at some point and get money and never come back in. By giving your coin to a merchant you will also reciprocate the same actions. The market is boosted enough to entice people to get out and there is so much coin just sitting there in large wallets doing nothing. You can't blame them for trying to distribute the coin too especially at this price, holding may take too long and they have to get in front of the 98Billion that will slowly trickle on their heads like a leaky ceiling.

Seeing the 98Billion coin may scare some of the people that may exchange their BitCoin to SolarCoin who may want to never go back to BitCoin. They are going to have to wait patiently for the price to go up just to use the coin. Using the coin makes the price go down since Merchants have to sell. Right now there is not many places to use SolarCoin so that is also unattractive to change out your BitCoin, but if there were many merchants and people used it they would notice the price would fall.

There are so many factors working against the market right now. Distribution, Claimers selling, Lack of Merchants or vice versa, PoST Rewards are minuscule to small wallets, Market Manipulation, and Large wallets gain more PoST rewards also and these wallets were the PoW benefactors. That is a big issue combined with not enough distribution, and a great value it is since PoW was very lucrative at the initial block rewards. Should these users get paid more than what the coin was intended for... Solar Claiming? As you complain that the price is not high enough, these large holders are overjoyed to be able to sell at these prices and get free money!

You say no one buys at the top which is not true. No one wants to buy at the top. But sometimes emotions get in the way of people...
I sold at the Top so someone bought at the top... You're right about the POST. Some users are making a heck of a lot of money right now. And thats why I sold when it seemed to be overvalued... You will see money will come back to solarcoin once its cheap enough! I am convinced

If no one bought at the top you would be selling to them creating the top. It is semantics as you say you sold at the top making them buy it etc. People buying drive the price up, selling drives it down... I didn't say no one does it either. only if they don't buy at the top the price only goes down.

Yeah I also hope optimistically, but the other things I stated are the reasons behind the decline, so if we tackle those reasons there is no reason the price won't go up.
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 12:54:30 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2016, 01:11:45 PM by CryptoNick

The Securities Exchange Act stands in the way as far as I have been told. PoW was involved to 33 Million coin and not granted still this is why SLR is granted for free and is controlled by a Dot ORG as a foundation. If every coin could become a USD pair everyone would just make their own coin which represents a Stock. Stocks go up and down like BitCoin does and entertains speculation, where you can speculate on how strong the dollar is against other currency it won't swing as wild as Crypto could. Don't mistake Crypto for currency it is pure speculation.

Trading to BitCoin is the only viable way to get rid of BitCoin and have users switch over to SolarCoin. This act would be self fulfilling enough to deride BitCoin if all holders valued the planet. But there is so much money wrapped up in BitCoin due to power consumption and purchases of ASIC's that most holders value their investment more than even just gambling and jumping the BitCoin ship when they also know that there are many holders of SolarCoin who will have PoST domination over them no matter how much SLR they can buy.

There are easy ways to stabilize Crypto but no one wants to do that because that would just mean we are using it instead of currency. Everyone wants that lure of making profits from trading.

Ultimately you have the problem of creating a Buy in any market, the lure of profit is the only thing that makes people try to buy it. The dilemma is very simple to understand, as a Claimer you buy Solar Panels not SLR so your money doesn't go into buying in the market just selling the coins. Well then you have people trying to sell coins to buy batteries and inverters etc. and hoping that will create a market only increases the problem, selling to pay for the inverters or batteries. There are Costs to these products. You can't just give away Batteries as barter for SolarCoin and not have it absorbed somewhere. Someone down the line will have to sell and recoup their costs on something they barter for. The sells overwhelm the buys, it is just natural. To sustain this on top of profiteers or manipulation is even more difficult. The Manipulation can create a median price at each level though since no one would sell lower than what they bought in at, but there is so much coin that was FREE during PoW that it may overwhelm the market.  

And don't forget there are 500 Million SLR in the Dev Fund to give to charity or what have you. It may be a reason why people shy away if 98Billion was not a big enough reason.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 04:22:06 AM

The Securities Exchange Act stands in the way as far as I have been told. PoW was involved to 33 Million coin and not granted still this is why SLR is granted for free and is controlled by a Dot ORG as a foundation. If every coin could become a USD pair everyone would just make their own coin which represents a Stock. Stocks go up and down like BitCoin does and entertains speculation, where you can speculate on how strong the dollar is against other currency it won't swing as wild as Crypto could. Don't mistake Crypto for currency it is pure speculation.

Trading to BitCoin is the only viable way to get rid of BitCoin and have users switch over to SolarCoin. This act would be self fulfilling enough to deride BitCoin if all holders valued the planet. But there is so much money wrapped up in BitCoin due to power consumption and purchases of ASIC's that most holders value their investment more than even just gambling and jumping the BitCoin ship when they also know that there are many holders of SolarCoin who will have PoST domination over them no matter how much SLR they can buy.

There are easy ways to stabilize Crypto but no one wants to do that because that would just mean we are using it instead of currency. Everyone wants that lure of making profits from trading.

Ultimately you have the problem of creating a Buy in any market, the lure of profit is the only thing that makes people try to buy it. The dilemma is very simple to understand, as a Claimer you buy Solar Panels not SLR so your money doesn't go into buying in the market just selling the coins. Well then you have people trying to sell coins to buy batteries and inverters etc. and hoping that will create a market only increases the problem, selling to pay for the inverters or batteries. There are Costs to these products. You can't just give away Batteries as barter for SolarCoin and not have it absorbed somewhere. Someone down the line will have to sell and recoup their costs on something they barter for. The sells overwhelm the buys, it is just natural. To sustain this on top of profiteers or manipulation is even more difficult. The Manipulation can create a median price at each level though since no one would sell lower than what they bought in at, but there is so much coin that was FREE during PoW that it may overwhelm the market.  

And don't forget there are 500 Million SLR in the Dev Fund to give to charity or what have you. It may be a reason why people shy away if 98Billion was not a big enough reason.

There's always going to be a need for Bitcoin. It creates a tax haven environment for trading that's unmatched in the western world. As soon as you trade from Bitcoin to Fiat, you generate a tax event but I can trade Bitcoin to Bitcoin alts all day long and never suffer those consequences until I turn my Bitcoin, or other crypto currency (like Feathercoin for example) into fiat. Bitcoin is here to stay and I'm glad it is. Solarcoin like all the other alts that survive have their space in the crypto currency ecosystem.

solarcoiner

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 07:11:57 AM

There's always going to be a need for Bitcoin. It creates a tax haven environment for trading that's unmatched in the western world. As soon as you trade from Bitcoin to Fiat, you generate a tax event but I can trade Bitcoin to Bitcoin alts all day long and never suffer those consequences until I turn my Bitcoin, or other crypto currency (like Feathercoin for example) into fiat. Bitcoin is here to stay and I'm glad it is. Solarcoin like all the other alts that survive have their space in the crypto currency ecosystem.

FTC is about to get pumped hardcore. I hope you have some sell orders in Wink I absolutely love ftc aswell. So easy to make money haha
Nomadseif

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 11:47:32 AM

Hi, I'm wondering about staking my coins. I have only ever minded oldschool way before so this is new to me.

I have my wallet open and all my coins are there non are reserved so all can be staked, however they are sill all listed as spendable and not in the staked row. The blockchain is up to date and the current status is Staking in the bottom right corrner. I have version 2.11 of the wallet.

Do I have to do anything or if it's just slow to react?
Also how often do you get the rewards for staking?

Thanks for any help. I have no idea. Huh
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 12:58:19 PM

Give it some time it will stake but depending on your amount of coins that is how long it will take.
Nomadseif

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 04:51:39 PM

Give it some time it will stake but depending on your amount of coins that is how long it will take.

Thanks for the reply, are we talking hours, or days? approximately. I realise that it's POST not just POS so time is a factor in  how much is paid as interest. Does it pay out in increments or is it once a week/month/year.

And when do the coins move to the staked row? I've had the wallet running almost all day with nothing happening yet.

Thanks again sorry for the noob questions I can't seem to find the answers using google. Roll Eyes
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 05:01:48 PM

Pays out in increments. they move to stake row after you receive interest.

If you have about 100k solar you would get about 6 coins a day.

My wallet
https://s4.postimg.org/xp4pf0i7x/Capture.jpg

CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 05:07:26 PM

Thanks for the reply, are we talking hours, or days? approximately. I realise that it's POST not just POS so time is a factor in  how much is paid as interest. Does it pay out in increments or is it once a week/month/year.

And when do the coins move to the staked row? I've had the wallet running almost all day with nothing happening yet.

Thanks again sorry for the noob questions I can't seem to find the answers using google. Roll Eyes

It takes about 3 days for any amount of coin to stake maybe more. If it is a small amount of coin you will find that it is not really worth it. All the big wallets are gobbling up the benefits of PoST. Small wallets are really not worth staking.
Nomadseif

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 05:24:09 PM

My wallet

Thanks man Smiley

Thanks for the reply, are we talking hours, or days? approximately. I realise that it's POST not just POS so time is a factor in  how much is paid as interest. Does it pay out in increments or is it once a week/month/year.

It takes about 3 days for any amount of coin to stake maybe more. If it is a small amount of coin you will find that it is not really worth it. All the big wallets are gobbling up the benefits of PoST. Small wallets are really not worth staking.

So is it worth doing with 20K ish coins?
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 05:56:30 PM

My wallet

Thanks man Smiley

If you decide to NOT stake your wallet:
1. You will not get ~2% annual interest on your coins
2. Your wallet will not participate in securing the SLR network.

Thanks!
Nomadseif

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 06:10:29 PM

My wallet

Thanks man Smiley

Thanks!

I know thanks that's why I've chosen to stake my coins more than anything it's to help the network. Smiley
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 06:26:36 PM

My wallet

Thanks man Smiley

Thanks!

I know thanks that's why I've chosen to stake my coins more than anything it's to help the network. Smiley

20k is a fair amount to stake with. It always takes a few days to build "coin age" before you receive your first staking reward ie. find a block.

Nomadseif

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 07:26:13 PM

I'm assuming that like solo POW mining if I have to shutdown or restart the computer I start from the beginning or is it cumulative?
Pages: « 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 [216] 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: