Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:50:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466748 times)
lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 05:30:01 AM

Don't make that challenge. Let that sleeping dog, sleep.

+1 Yes, that's right.

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lfloorwalker

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 05:31:18 AM

Still a way to go, but there is progress on the datalogger.

https://www.solcrypto.com/en/blog

Cheers,
-lfloorwalker

Ryan Dugan

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 07:31:25 AM

I dont understand. This coin is calle solar and supports green energy but you mine with a miner !?? Makes no sense. Shouldn't oou mine with solar panels ?? I dont see how this is solar in anyway.

lfloorwalker

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 07:43:38 AM

I dont understand. This coin is calle solar and supports green energy but you mine with a miner !?? Makes no sense. Shouldn't oou mine with solar panels ?? I dont see how this is solar in anyway.

Yes, we mine with solar panels. Also it doesn't use normal mining like bitcoin. It is very different to bitcoin.
It is also proof-of-stake (PoST) and uses less than 1% of the energy to maintain consensus when compared to Bitcoin's mining. We have modeled this.

Thanks,
-lfloorwalker

solarcoiner

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 09:31:27 AM

You must be a bit confused. There is no mining Solarcoin. It's proof of stake with a 2% interest rate per year. New coins are generated by stakers who leave their wallet open and by people who claim solarcoins.

In addition to that the network doesn't need a lot of electricity to stay functional....
I stake on a intel pc stick that uses 5 watts of energy. So yeah it doesn't even show up on my power bill  Grin
Nomadseif

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 07:49:10 PM

You must be a bit confused. There is no mining Solarcoin. It's proof of stake with a 2% interest rate per year. New coins are generated by stakers who leave their wallet open and by people who claim solarcoins.

In addition to that the network doesn't need a lot of electricity to stay functional....
I stake on a intel pc stick that uses 5 watts of energy. So yeah it doesn't even show up on my power bill  Grin

I'm thinking of getting one of the new compute sticks to run my solarcoin wallet and have it staking, Idealy I'll even have the compute stick and monitor running of a small solarpower set-up Cheesy How has your experican been with the compute stick I know the soalrcoin blockchain is only about 1gb at the mo is there enough room on it incase the blockchain will grow in size?
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2016, 05:13:32 PM

The SolarCoin Newsletter is out. Feel free to share.

http://us13.campaign-archive2.com/?u=a2c9fa27b94e5501fcb7247c7&id=56752ea0b9&e=ae6df0b8dc

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
solarcoiner

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 05:39:47 PM

I'm thinking of getting one of the new compute sticks to run my solarcoin wallet and have it staking, Idealy I'll even have the compute stick and monitor running of a small solarpower set-up Cheesy How has your experican been with the compute stick I know the soalrcoin blockchain is only about 1gb at the mo is there enough room on it incase the blockchain will grow in size?

I can only recommend this setup with the intel compute stick. If you want to run a full node and stake some Solarcoin's in the process it's absolutely perfect. But I would not recommend it if you intend to do anything else with this computer. It's really slow and takes ages to load programs especially the Solarcoin wallet (over 5 minutes). Once it's running it works perfectly just like it's intended to. Im am running windows 8 on mine.
A friend of mine recently got his with windows 10! It's been running for about a week now with no issues. But I recommend trying to get one of the ones with windows 8 since I have been using that since ages now without any issues.

If you do get one of these intel pc sticks you will have to get a USB hub because there is only 1 USB port on the computer.
I also got a USB to ethernet adapter (you can get both of these for quite cheap on amazon) because my wifi connection can be pretty bad from time to time... But the built in Wifi will also do just fine!

It would be really cool if you managed to run the entire setup on Solar energy! it should be possible considering it runs on such little power...
solarcoiner

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 06:59:48 PM

Great newsletter. And even more awesome title  Cheesy
Nomadseif

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 12:50:19 PM

I can only recommend this setup with the intel compute stick. If you want to run a full node and stake some Solarcoin's in the process it's absolutely perfect. But I would not recommend it if you intend to do anything else with this computer. It's really slow and takes ages to load programs especially the Solarcoin wallet (over 5 minutes). Once it's running it works perfectly just like it's intended to. Im am running windows 8 on mine.
A friend of mine recently got his with windows 10! It's been running for about a week now with no issues. But I recommend trying to get one of the ones with windows 8 since I have been using that since ages now without any issues.

If you do get one of these intel pc sticks you will have to get a USB hub because there is only 1 USB port on the computer.
I also got a USB to ethernet adapter (you can get both of these for quite cheap on amazon) because my wifi connection can be pretty bad from time to time... But the built in Wifi will also do just fine!

It would be really cool if you managed to run the entire setup on Solar energy! it should be possible considering it runs on such little power...

Thanks for the reply. I'm gona buy one of the 2016 models of the compute stick which has 2x USB 1x 3.0 ans 1x 2.0 apparently it comes with W10 home edition and with the atom x5 Z8300 processor still only 2gb ram and 32gb memory, I hope that it'll be enough. I'll only be using it for stacking my coins, do you have it plugged into the screen all the time or does it work when it's unplugged? I'm definitely gona be running it of Solar power along with my personal laptop as well. I live in sunny Spain at the coast and it would be silly not to use the sun to stake solarcoin. Smiley

nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2016, 08:32:11 PM

www.Electraseed.com an www.electricchain.org project has been selected as a finalist in the Epic Challenge. http://epic.energyunlocked.org/

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
solarcoiner

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 10:00:50 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2016, 10:56:31 AM by solarcoiner

Thanks for the reply. I'm gona buy one of the 2016 models of the compute stick which has 2x USB 1x 3.0 ans 1x 2.0 apparently it comes with W10 home edition and with the atom x5 Z8300 processor still only 2gb ram and 32gb memory, I hope that it'll be enough. I'll only be using it for stacking my coins, do you have it plugged into the screen all the time or does it work when it's unplugged? I'm definitely gona be running it of Solar power along with my personal laptop as well. I live in sunny Spain at the coast and it would be silly not to use the sun to stake solarcoin. Smiley

Awesome! Yeah mine is constantly plugged into the screen with HDMI... However my screen is turned off and I only turn it on to check if everything is alright every now and then. So yeah it works when its not plugged into a screen. All you need is power Wink
Unfortunately I can't do a pure solar setup where I live but I would def. try if I had the chance to do something like that!

Edit: I forgot to mention. the 32 gb is a bit small. But you can use the micro sd slot. Apparently its possible to move the Solarcoin directory from the appdata folder to the micro SD card but I havn't quite taken the time to look into it.
solarcoiner

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 11:38:26 AM

I just got banned from the Bitcoin Reddit because I expressed my belief in Solarcoin and how it will coexist alongside bitcoin.
I didn't try to pump Solarcoin, just wanted to get the word out. Im sure a lot of people would be interested if only they knew about the project. But every post just get's instantly censored.

Think about that for a while. They banned me although I was talking about bitcoin and expressing an opinion about the future of Bitcoin and Solarcoin.

I think it's really sad because that's not the way reddit is supposed to work. All I did was express an opinion . I really don't see the need to delete my post and ban me.

But that got me thinking. It seems like the moderators see all altcoin's as competition towards Bitcoin. In my opinion that's the wrong mindset. Solarcoin isn't competing with Bitcoin, it's simply coexisting alongside BTC. I like to think of it like this: In a way every altcoin is a gateway to bitcoin. For me Solarcoin has brought back the good old memories from back in the days when I used to mine BTC and LTC with my GPU rigs. Not only does it just feel awesome to see the stakes coming in just like on a mining pool back in the days but I actually feel like im making a decent amount of coins that could be worth a lot more in the future.... Its a Gateway to Bitcoin because I can sell the Solarcoin's I made staking on the market and receive Bitcoins in return. But I think it's a lot more interesting to hold on to the staked coins considering I believe in the Project.

Back to reddit and it's moderators: They have a totally "flawed" mindset. All I can think about that this is the kind of behaviour that gives Solarcoin even more credibility! Because they are totally shitting themselves that a coin like SLR could potentially grow to a really large user base and become huge! In my opinion that's just extremely childish and I don't support the belief that SLR or other Altcoins are harming the Bitcoin ecosystem. People have the right to know about Solarcoin and I really believe it's only a matter of time until a LOT of new people are going to join the project and start staking! But we need to spread the word without giving the wrong impression.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 12:46:46 PM

Maybe it was big oil that banned you  Wink
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2016, 01:14:49 PM

The bitcoin community is quite loyal to bitcoin and given the history of some alt-coins may not have really looked into solarcoin.  One area to explore is introducing the coin to the solar community which is now the focus of our outreach.  Our goal is to focus on rewarding solar energy generation.  Our IRENA credentials are often helpful in this effort.

solarcoiner

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 03:29:08 PM

The bitcoin community is quite loyal to bitcoin and given the history of some alt-coins may not have really looked into solarcoin.  One area to explore is introducing the coin to the solar community which is now the focus of our outreach.  Our goal is to focus on rewarding solar energy generation.  Our IRENA credentials are often helpful in this effort.

I agree and that's great. But the way I see it speculators are extremely important so it's my main focus to get the word out to the bitcoin community. It should be easier to get people involved that are already used to cryptocurrency. I think it's awesome that the main focus is on rewarding solar energy production but at the same time we also need more speculators to increase liquidity on exchanges...
Solaris33

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 08:39:18 AM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/solar-energy-producers-to-get-blockchain-based-currency-wallets-in-space
nickgogerty

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 02:46:44 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2016, 03:06:48 AM by nickgogerty

Just FYI Richard Olsen at Lykke has indicated that he is looking for SolarCoin to post as colored coins on the Lykke exchange based and regulated in Switzerland.  He wants to "start small" his words with $200k USD worth of SolarCoin.  People posting solarcoin will make 50% of the market making revenues.  If interested in learning more contact Alan Laubsch alan.laubsch@lykkex.com  (note this is not an endorsement of the exchange, a garuntee of revenues, or a securities offering. This is merely passing along information from Richard Olsen. Please do your own due diligence) I attended UN discussions last week with Alan here is his bio. He is a very Sr. ex-banker now dedicated to environmental and social issues https://www.linkedin.com/in/alanlaubsch

Note: Richard Olsen started OANDA, currently a $5.5b/day retail foreign exchange firm.  
https://www.oanda.com/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oanda_Corporation
https://www.linkedin.com/in/richardbolsen
https://lykke.com/

https://lykke.com/Whitepaper_LykkeExchange.pdf

bitcoinuserz

Activity: 360

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 03:52:42 AM

Why is this not on polo  Huh

Korean Chinese Translator

Professional Korean translator.
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 10:28:07 AM

Why is this not on polo  Huh

There is too much Premine and too much in the Dev Fund. 98 Billion and 500 Million. I think Polo frowns on that. If it was an IPO maybe, but outright Premine I am thinking that would be the reason.

Why do you need Polo? Traders would come from Polo and snap it up if they really wanted the coin. Get the word out swap your BitCoin for SLR and don't look back!
Pages: « 1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: