Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:03:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466757 times)
Nomadseif

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 03:03:27 PM

So great news, my Intel Compute Stick arrived today and it's all setup and staking solarcoin already Smiley

The best part is that I have my wallet and blockchain on a SD card in the slot and have directed the wallet to store all dirdata on the the SD so it doesn't take up the memory of the compute stick. It's quite simple to do if anyone wants to do it. I got the info from the bitcoin wiki and just changed it to solarcoin and it all worked. I just copied my current solarcoin wallet info from my %appdata% folder and put it on a 16GB SD and then directed the wallet to start and use that file as the data directory. (how to is at the bottom of this post)

I can say that it works 100% I now still have 17.2 GB free on my compute stick which is great. On the box it says that the power consumption when in use is 2.61Wh so even less than I thought it would be.

next step is to make a solar setup to run that and my laptop and charge phones. Cheesy Happy days.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to change your solarcoin directory:
You can also store Solarcoin data files in any other drive or folder. Not only in %appdata%

If you have already downloaded the data then you will have to move the data to the new folder. If you want to store them in D:\SolarCoin then click on "Properties" of a shortcut to solarcoin-qt.exe and add -datadir=D:\SolarCoin at the end as an example:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarCoin\solarcoin-qt.exe" -datadir=d:\SolarCoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 03:42:14 PM

Nomad great job!
solarcoiner

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 09:14:52 PM

So great news, my Intel Compute Stick arrived today and it's all setup and staking solarcoin already Smiley

The best part is that I have my wallet and blockchain on a SD card in the slot and have directed the wallet to store all dirdata on the the SD so it doesn't take up the memory of the compute stick. It's quite simple to do if anyone wants to do it. I got the info from the bitcoin wiki and just changed it to solarcoin and it all worked. I just copied my current solarcoin wallet info from my %appdata% folder and put it on a 16GB SD and then directed the wallet to start and use that file as the data directory. (how to is at the bottom of this post)

I can say that it works 100% I now still have 17.2 GB free on my compute stick which is great. On the box it says that the power consumption when in use is 2.61Wh so even less than I thought it would be.

next step is to make a solar setup to run that and my laptop and charge phones. Cheesy Happy days.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can also store Solarcoin data files in any other drive or folder. Not only in %appdata%

If you have already downloaded the data then you will have to move the data to the new folder. If you want to store them in D:\SolarCoin then click on "Properties" of a shortcut to solarcoin-qt.exe and add -datadir=D:\SolarCoin at the end as an example:

Awesome thank you! Im going to try this since im already running out of space. I'm glad you like the compute stick. It's just perfect for running a solarcoin node!
solarcoiner

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 12:54:42 PM

I just realized that's the third SLR wallet thats running on a Intel PC Stick. I remember going to the shop here and the sales guy asked me why I needed it. I remember him telling me not to buy it because it could barely be used for anything. Then I told him it was for some sort of bitcoin project and that it would do the job for what I needed to do! The sales guy laughed but gave it to me anyway

I tried setting up a rasperbby PI a few days before but without success. The intel PC stick made things a lot easier! Every SLR wallet should be running on this kind of setup!
solarcoiner

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 12:55:21 PM

Were you able to run everything on Solar power or only the Monitor? Smiley
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2016, 04:16:28 PM

To improve the UX (user experience) we are looking at lightweight wallets that don't require downloading the entire blockchain, sometimes called SPV wallets.  Does anyone have preferences or biases/experience with any of these or other light weight wallets. These would be non-staking, but helpful for many.

https://www.cryptocompare.com/wallets/#/overview

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
solarcoiner

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 04:42:34 PM

To improve the UX (user experience) we are looking at lightweight wallets that don't require downloading the entire blockchain, sometimes called SPV wallets.  Does anyone have preferences or biases/experience with any of these or other light weight wallets. These would be non-staking, but helpful for many.

That's great news. I use copay all the time and its awesome. It's one of the only trustworthy lightweight wallets with a decent UI.
I used to use electrum which is fine too but the user interface really sucks. I think a lot of focus should be put towards making a nice user interface while keeping it secure at the same time Smiley

Thx for the update and keep up all the development!
Nomadseif

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 05:41:40 PM

That's good news, I use Electrum personally I like it, simple and easy to use.
Nomadseif

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 06:09:33 PM

Right now nothing is on solar yet, I'm actually looking at buying the equipment as I don't have any yet and I'm still in the research phase to make sure I get the right stuff.

Stick is working well although, it auto updated and turned my wallet off and then I did the big Windows 1607 update which took half the day today so almost 20 hours not staking, been back up for a few hours now and I had trouble with port forwarding could only get 8 connections a little fiddling and refreshing the Upnp option on the wallet and I have 11 connections now but I saw 20 connections a few days ago, from what I understand 8 or less connections and your not supporting the network (torrent equivalent of downloading but not uploading) someone correct me if I'm wrong.

But I hope to have some solar running soon, need to work out my total Wh (harder than I thought) before I go buying the wrong panels and batteries.

After the big update I have 8GB left on the internal memory of the stick, and I was using it to browse the web earlier and it wasn't too bad (Atom x5 version 2016) had about 8 tabs open and it was surprisingly responsive I expected more lag. I've heard that they have some newer models with Intel M processors in them and 4GB RAM with 64 GB Flash memory  3 USB 3.0 ports and apparently they work very but they are 450 Euro ($500) but for what we need my 150 Euro stick is perfect very glad.

I'll keep you posted on the Solar project and will post some pics if I get the time when it's done.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 06:10:06 PM

The coinomi wallet works pretty well. It doesn't download the chain, yet still functions as expected. It's still in beta for Solarcoin, but I haven't experienced any troubles. The only thing I don't like, you have to either write down, or take a photo of the very long encrypted keyword for the generated wallet so you won't lose your coins in case of trouble. It is however very secure which I do like, but it's also a bit cumbersome. If there's no better way around that I could live with it.

solarcoiner

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 07:01:00 PM

Right now nothing is on solar yet, I'm actually looking at buying the equipment as I don't have any yet and I'm still in the research phase to make sure I get the right stuff.

Stick is working well although, it auto updated and turned my wallet off and then I did the big Windows 1607 update which took half the day today so almost 20 hours not staking, been back up for a few hours now and I had trouble with port forwarding could only get 8 connections a little fiddling and refreshing the Upnp option on the wallet and I have 11 connections now but I saw 20 connections a few days ago, from what I understand 8 or less connections and your not supporting the network (torrent equivalent of downloading but not uploading) someone correct me if I'm wrong.

But I hope to have some solar running soon, need to work out my total Wh (harder than I thought) before I go buying the wrong panels and batteries.

After the big update I have 8GB left on the internal memory of the stick, and I was using it to browse the web earlier and it wasn't too bad (Atom x5 version 2016) had about 8 tabs open and it was surprisingly responsive I expected more lag. I've heard that they have some newer models with Intel M processors in them and 4GB RAM with 64 GB Flash memory  3 USB 3.0 ports and apparently they work very but they are 450 Euro ($500) but for what we need my 150 Euro stick is perfect very glad.

I'll keep you posted on the Solar project and will post some pics if I get the time when it's done.

Yeah the auto updates are really annoying on windows 10...I have to use windows 10 at work and I'm not such a fan
As for the connections you're right. 8 or less connections means you're not running a full node!
Unfortunately it can be a bit tricky to setup if you're network runs on a separate router like mine does. (Internet provider box to netgear)
I had it setup perfectly with 23 connections but it randomly went back down to 8 although all my ports are forwarded properly. My guess is that my internet provider is blocking forwarded ports!

Yeah I have the older model wich cost me around 100 Euros. When I try to open 2-3 tabs on a web browser it becomes really unresponsive. It's nice to hear that the newer models can handle more multitasking  Smiley

Nomadseif

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 12:39:11 PM

I'm constantly above 12 connections now so nice to see I'm running a full node Smiley
user_fred

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 08:19:19 PM

[/quote]

Yeah the auto updates are really annoying on windows 10...I have to use windows 10 at work and I'm not such a fan

[/quote]

Turn off, "windows update" service, and do the update yourself . I got my usb stick restarted today by the last update , and i discover it's impossible tell the PC to ask the user to restart.
I am still looking why it's limited to 10 connections. I made some tweaks in the registry regarding the max TCP ports opened, but still not able to have more than 10. Once i find out, i let you know.

@: 8cfscmSGjePDWwu6w5kbMbACwHhybLrawk
§1 = 1MWh
solarcoiner

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 03:22:01 PM

[/quote]

Turn off, "windows update" service, and do the update yourself . I got my usb stick restarted today by the last update , and i discover it's impossible tell the PC to ask the user to restart.
I am still looking why it's limited to 10 connections. I made some tweaks in the registry regarding the max TCP ports opened, but still not able to have more than 10. Once i find out, i let you know.
[/quote]

I'm confused: Do you also have a intel PC stick?
unfortuately you can't turn off updates completely as windows will still force some up your throat. Microsoft has really become a pain in the ass...

If you cant get more than 10 connections then maybe your firewall is blocking the ports?
Nomadseif

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 03:55:54 PM

I ended up reverting to the old build of windows 10 (1500) not the current shit anniversary edition (1600) random shit kept happening with the new build so I reverted and won't be going back to the new one. Only security updates will be installed now on, which is cool, cause I told windows that it didn't work with my hardware, so it shouldn't try to install it again. For all the money they make, you'd think Microsoft would be able to make a decent OS  Huh

If you want you can put your update setting on the option that you are on a metered connection then no updates will be done automatically you have to check for updates manually. I haven't done it my self but I know it works. The other advantage to the older 1500 build of windows 10 is that you can still set it to ask you to restart for updates and you have more space on the hard drive.

I've currently got 20 connections. Smiley so that's nice.
Scalextrix

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 09:22:00 PM

I just realized that's the third SLR wallet thats running on a Intel PC Stick. I remember going to the shop here and the sales guy asked me why I needed it. I remember him telling me not to buy it because it could barely be used for anything. Then I told him it was for some sort of bitcoin project and that it would do the job for what I needed to do! The sales guy laughed but gave it to me anyway

I tried setting up a rasperbby PI a few days before but without success. The intel PC stick made things a lot easier! Every SLR wallet should be running on this kind of setup!
I have a couple of Pis a model 2 and a model 3, the problem isnt the hardware but there is no Linux repository, I tried installing from the download but it just doesnt work.  I asked on GitHub but AFAIK nothing was completed.

Please add a Linux PPA.  Please.  Please.  PLEASE.

SolarCoin Address: 8cESoZyjFvx2Deq6VjQLqPfAwu8UXjcBkK    Gridcoin Address: SAuPu8zarzQykWLGwxc6JRvW3imM8YU9wc
Pinkcoin Address: 2GTnp7oRn2i6KnuwfGaFh1Ps7RZFyDe6nH    MannaCurrency Address: GXDwi6W888jbQZ7a79GTaStxiQsYehisfi
user_fred

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 10:36:05 PM

yes i have a stick, i found a second hand stick for half its price.
I checked everything, router and firewall and now registry. Still searching but not giving up.
If you go to help/console/information/command line, there is a popup saying that we can use command  solarcoin-qt + command line option.
The help is giving some tuning tcp/ip configuration i would like to test , but the command line doesn't seems to work in the console.

Does anyone succeed to test the command line option in the console ?
i'd like to try a thing like that in the console :
solarcoin-qt -maxconnections=20

§1 = 1MWh
wallaby_one

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 12:32:19 PM

Looks like we might get some cheap coins soon on bittrex
solarcoiner

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 01:24:27 PM

Looks like we might get some cheap coins soon on bittrex

Bring it on. My bags are ready to get filled  Cheesy
user_fred

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 04:34:47 PM

yes i have a stick, i found a second hand stick for half its price.
I checked everything, router and firewall and now registry. Still searching but not giving up.
If you go to help/console/information/command line, there is a popup saying that we can use command  solarcoin-qt + command line option.
The help is giving some tuning tcp/ip configuration i would like to test , but the command line doesn't seems to work in the console.

Does anyone succeed to test the command line option in the console ?
i'd like to try a thing like that in the console :
solarcoin-qt -maxconnections=20
Success , i have now 17 connections. I erased the config of my router which was buggy. It took me 1 day to restore everything Smiley Grin

§1 = 1MWh
Pages: « 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: