Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:22:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466757 times)
lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2017, 06:18:07 AM

Hi all,

Solcrypto is supporting Masternode bounty hunters.

If you run a full node, and refer SolarCoin claims through Solcrypto's instance of the API, we will share the affiliate claiming reward with you as a bounty hunter. e.g. if you are successful at referring a claimant for 100 SLR, you receive 4 SLR to your wallet.

In addition if you put a uniquely generated hash into the solarcoin blockchain TXMessage space from your masternode, we will send an additional 1SLR after the transaction is approved by the SolarCoin API.

Our goal is to promote the decentralization and distribution of the network on privately owned IoT e.g. Raspberry Pi's.

More information here : https://www.solcrypto.com/en/node/51

Also win 50SLR each month for the best SolarCoin meme! Already in April we have 3 meme's entered.

Thanks,
Best,
Luke

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lfloorwalker

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2017, 07:00:34 AM

If anyone wants to build there own node-red #solarcoin scanner, please contact me for the flow.

Thanks,
lfloorwalker

solarcoiner

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 12:10:08 PM

If anyone wants to build there own node-red #solarcoin scanner, please contact me for the flow.

Thanks,
lfloorwalker

Hi Luke,

Im thinking about getting around 10-20 Rasperry PI´s. I want to preinstall the wallets and pre load the nodes with around 250 SLR each. Im planning on giving them away to family and friends in order to grow the number of full nodes. And it will probably incentivize the receivers to buy some extra SLR to stake Smiley

Could I kindly ask you to send me the link and the tutorial for full nodes on linux?
I remeber you posted something a while back but I cant find it anymore!

I also have a question about the PI nodes: How stable are they. Does the wallet run 24/7 without issues? Im asking because I noticed my Intel PC stick does shut down randomly every now and then. Im guessing it's a issue with windows 10 but im not sure

Thx.

solarcoiner

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 03:15:47 PM

Google:   ''Although the sun is 27 million times more massive than the moon, it is 390 times further away from the Earth than the moon''

To the Sun!  Grin
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2017, 06:34:49 PM

Congratulations!!! SolarChange on First prize at the Blockchain Oscars in Munich.  Smiley

http://events.cointelegraph.com/start-up-competition/

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
lfloorwalker

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 07:33:10 AM

Hi SolarCoiner,

Great!!! Those full nodes automatically become eligible for "SolarCoin MasterNode Bounty Hunter" status on Solcrypto. They get free bonus solarcoin from Solcrypto, and get to keep 40% of bounties generated. e.g. if 100 SLR are granted to owner, usually Solcrypto gets 10SLR on top, but for a Masternode Bounty Hunter registered on Solcrypto, the Bounty Hunter gets to keep 4SLR, and Solcrypto gets 6SLR (4:6 split). Solcrypto runs the API instance to the SCF on the Masternode Bounty Hunter's behalf. SolarCoin's are directly sent to the claimants Public address, and the Bounty Hunter's Public address.

To register as a Masternode bounty hunter:
Just need to hash a proof into the blockchain to show that they are a full node.
That is step 6 explained here: "Step 6: On your Raspberry Pi, or similar IoT device, record your IP address, or generate a unique hash and screenshot this in your environment, then send your "hunter" code to a blockchain hash and let us know the hash number." Explained in more detail here: https://www.solcrypto.com/en/node/51

Full instructions here: https://github.com/Scalextrix/SolarCoin-Raspberry-Pi-Node
More instructions for running on ROKOS, but a few people are running Raspbian. ROKOS has some extra Coin related security features, but either Linux distro is OK.

The nodes themselves are stable. I've been running since November.
@Scalextrix has been running since a few weeks beforehand. I think @maxblockchain is running ok in Ukraine, and there is @max in Belgium/Cameroon. Plus some people in the US and a few more in Europe.
The telegram solarcoin channel generally reports problems/issues that are solved quickly on that channel.
I counted the number of days that I wasn't at the chain-face edge, and these amounted to about 25/130 = 19%. But the reasons were completely my fault.
The WIFI router had an issue. I didn't have the chain on a fast USB.
I believe now, I can get reliability to the goal over 95%.

I think Scalextrix and others were running more reliably also.
I also took my node to Abu Dhabi to demonstrate, and when I got back I had to reconfigure the node.

We are also waiting for 2.1.9 solarcoind daemon release  which will have "chain pruning". Should be in the next weeks.

Thanks again,
Well done!

Cheers,
Luke

Thanks,
lfloorwalker

Hi Luke,

Im thinking about getting around 10-20 Rasperry PI´s. I want to preinstall the wallets and pre load the nodes with around 250 SLR each. Im planning on giving them away to family and friends in order to grow the number of full nodes. And it will probably incentivize the receivers to buy some extra SLR to stake Smiley

Could I kindly ask you to send me the link and the tutorial for full nodes on linux?

I also have a question about the PI nodes: How stable are they. Does the wallet run 24/7 without issues? Im asking because I noticed my Intel PC stick does shut down randomly every now and then. Im guessing it's a issue with windows 10 but im not sure

Thx.

Scalextrix

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 07:32:17 AM

Thanks,
lfloorwalker

Hi Luke,

Thx.

Yup I compiled the SolarCoin binaries for Raspian and they are stable, I have mine on staking my main wallet with all my coins 24/7 since late 2016 on a Pi2, a Pi3 will run it with ease, lfloorwalker already linked to the tutorial.
Errors usually occur because Im tinkering, but if you are giving them away to family/freinds, I would recommend you use something like VNC so you can access them for maintenance, this is still a bit experimental.  Feel free to PM me for help, I check in here infrequently, or join us on the Telegram channel where Im on all the time.

SolarCoin Address: 8cESoZyjFvx2Deq6VjQLqPfAwu8UXjcBkK    Gridcoin Address: SAuPu8zarzQykWLGwxc6JRvW3imM8YU9wc
Pinkcoin Address: 2GTnp7oRn2i6KnuwfGaFh1Ps7RZFyDe6nH    MannaCurrency Address: GXDwi6W888jbQZ7a79GTaStxiQsYehisfi
nemda

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 04:26:06 AM

Why is solarcoin not listed on poloniex?
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 04:31:22 AM

Only the shadow knows.

nemda

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 04:43:58 AM

Only the shadow knows.

What?
daniobg

Activity: 232
Merit: 105

Solarcoin.org

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2017, 08:49:01 AM

Around 1 year ago there was a rumor that Solarcoin will be added to Poloniex and the Solarcoin Foundation added the Poloniex logo at their site. The price started to increase rapidly reaching ~ 0.25$ per coin ( 0.0004 BTC per coin). We were thinking that once Poloniex add us the price will go up arround 0.50$ to 1$ per coin... All was going well until Poloniex tweeted that they don't have plans to add Solarcoin and asked their logo to be removed from the Solarcoin.org site. It was a big misunderstanding caused by someone from the Solarcoin Foundation and since then Poloniex "bad" opinion of Solarcoin has not changed - the price went down very quickly and is still "recovering". So far we don't know what exactly was the cause of the misunderstanding and why that happened, but the one thing that we know is Poloniex don't want to add us...

SolarCoin – A Global Rewards Program For Solar Electricity Generation       ElectriCChain – The Solar Energy Blockchain Project Site For Climate Change
Solcrypto – A Future Powered By Solar Energy                  

Feel free to tip me!  BTC: 1EGsKEd9gxGVnNKg6hkXREHqGVbirqAUYr   SLR: 8GnTPXj9fAH5xe1247c4MaQxMiQEP5MD7d
nemda

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 09:12:19 AM

Around 1 year ago there was a rumor that Solarcoin will be added to Poloniex and the Solarcoin Foundation added the Poloniex logo at their site. The price started to increase rapidly reaching ~ 0.25$ per coin ( 0.0004 BTC per coin). We were thinking that once Poloniex add us the price will go up arround 0.50$ to 1$ per coin... All was going well until Poloniex tweeted that they don't have plans to add Solarcoin and asked their logo to be removed from the Solarcoin.org site. It was a big misunderstanding caused by someone from the Solarcoin Foundation and since then Poloniex "bad" opinion of Solarcoin has not changed - the price went down very quickly and is still "recovering". So far we don't know what exactly was the cause of the misunderstanding and why that happened, but the one thing that we know is Poloniex don't want to add us...

That is weird. Solarcoin is such a great coin, can't understand why trading volume is so low. Thank you for the detailed answer though.
northgate

Activity: 63

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 10:40:01 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2017, 10:53:32 AM by northgate

There has been an exponential growth in Solar PV installations all around the world in last decades.
However, most people still are not aware of this revolutionary blockchain technology and how to relate them to the real life applications.
We should be patient and tell more about Solarcoin Project to the people around us.
We cannot expect everything from developers, it is also our duty to improve this promising technology further.

Because, Solarcoin is unique and not like other coins that is just developed for ease of money transactions or other monetary reasons.
This coin has a strong philosophical background and motivation which in the end leads up to saving our lovely planet.
And that's a very good reason to keep fighting for it Smiley

solarcoiner

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 10:50:44 AM

That is weird. Solarcoin is such a great coin, can't understand why trading volume is so low. Thank you for the detailed answer though.

Trading volume is so low because noone knows about SLR yet. Its super undervalued. You can still be in the top 500 holders with a few 100$'s. But ssshhhhh. I still need to fill my bags  Grin
Alao

Activity: 493

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 11:31:31 AM

I think part of it is the premise. Policed has over 100 million in volume a day. Even though we trust the foundation they are being precautionary. I don't think any of their coins (besides Dash) had but premises or instamines.

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
solarcoiner

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 11:54:49 AM

I think part of it is the premise. Policed has over 100 million in volume a day. Even though we trust the foundation they are being precautionary. I don't think any of their coins (besides Dash) had but premises or instamines.

SLR used to be listed on Poloniex but they removed it because of low trading volume. BIG mistake  Cheesy
logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2017, 12:53:33 PM

Trading volume is so low because noone knows about SLR yet. Its super undervalued. You can still be in the top 500 holders with a few 100$'s. But ssshhhhh. I still need to fill my bags  Grin

This is because no one owns slr. It will cost u thousands of bucks and huge headache to install solar batteries on the roof of ur house or wherever u want, and u need to provide a monthly energy consumption report to SLR if u wanna receive a lil portion of solars through bullshit solar proof-of-stake which is how slr is meant to be generated. Will anyone ever try to do that? Nope.

vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 01:13:19 PM

Poloniex likes to control vast amounts of coins before they list on there exchange i believe to reap profits this could be the issue here.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 01:17:10 PM

This is because no one owns slr. It will cost u thousands of bucks and huge headache to install solar batteries on the roof of ur house or wherever u want, and u need to provide a monthly energy consumption report to SLR if u wanna receive a lil portion of solars through bullshit solar proof-of-stake which is how slr is meant to be generated. Will anyone ever try to do that? Nope.

It's an added incentive for those who already have, or are planning to install solar for their homes. Or for industrial scale solar farms. There are gigawatts of solar energy already on and off the grid. That's who should claim solarcoins, and share their irradiance data on the blockchain for scientific and practical use.

That's why Solarcoin.

solarcoiner

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 01:26:16 PM

I know around 10 people that own SLR. Regardless of the fact if they own solar pannels. People are doing it right now and the network is slowly growing. Solar claims will take time and thats a good thing. You know how I know its a good time to buy? When n00bs like you come in and try discourage SLR. always works. Going to move my buy orders up thx
Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: