Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:11:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466756 times)
MBrandoeye

Activity: 57
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 08:21:00 PM

lol solarcoin lasts forever Cheesy
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 09:41:08 PM

Someone is trying to ride the ICO hype and to try to grab money taking off the hat the rabbit of solar energy:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2020066.0
Just wanted you to know Smiley
By the way, how's the project proceeding? I've been missing from solarcoin scene for 3 years and I've realised that with my then 4$ worth of SLR I could now fly from Europe to Zew Zealand and back Smiley...

Check out the Solarcoin news page https://solarcoin.org/en/news/. There's a lot of silent work being done.

CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:09:46 PM

Looks like the majority of the altcoin prices are all down now as people are trading their altcoins for more bitcoin in preparation for the upcoming fork so they can maximize the amount of bitcoincash they can get on Aug 1st.

I think recent price drop is due to lack of development.
Look Solarcoin github. There is no activity within last 6 month.

There hasn't been a wallet update in a bit, but that's getting attention. There are plenty of developments for Solarcoin, they just aren't focused on the wallet software, however there was a bounty for updating the wallet.

https://streams.lykke.com/Project/ProjectDetails/upgrade-the-solarcoin-from-bitcoin?utm_content=buffercfac7&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer#tab_Comments

I know that, the cash equivalent value of bounties are declined due to price slide.
If the winners sell their SLR, the price will drop once again.

I'm long holder and supporter of Solarcoin. But I'm losing faith.

That's the bear market. I can't tell you what the future holds, but I can say I've seen this before. There are always periods of drought.

Problem is that the Drought is caused by the Sun and even when it Rains SLR through the Leaky ceiling, the ground just dries up too fast. Need to make a buy climate instead of a dry climate. No reason to buy SLR right now.
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:40:12 PM

Looks like the majority of the altcoin prices are all down now as people are trading their altcoins for more bitcoin in preparation for the upcoming fork so they can maximize the amount of bitcoincash they can get on Aug 1st.

There hasn't been a wallet update in a bit, but that's getting attention. There are plenty of developments for Solarcoin, they just aren't focused on the wallet software, however there was a bounty for updating the wallet.

https://streams.lykke.com/Project/ProjectDetails/upgrade-the-solarcoin-from-bitcoin?utm_content=buffercfac7&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer#tab_Comments

I know that, the cash equivalent value of bounties are declined due to price slide.

That's the bear market. I can't tell you what the future holds, but I can say I've seen this before. There are always periods of drought.

Problem is that the Drought is caused by the Sun and even when it Rains SLR through the Leaky ceiling, the ground just dries up too fast. Need to make a buy climate instead of a dry climate. No reason to buy SLR right now.

It's a good time to buy SLR.

CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 12:41:37 AM

Sure definitely a good time to buy. But, the only "reason" to buy right now is if you bought higher and needed to hedge your position.

Just be glad SLR never did an ICO. It is still way better off than any type of ICO ever.
passionsurf

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:25:54 AM

Sure definitely a good time to buy. But, the only "reason" to buy right now is if you bought higher and needed to hedge your position.

Just be glad SLR never did an ICO. It is still way better off than any type of ICO ever.

I can think of more "reasons" to buy, for example, if you have more money lying around that you want to invest in the current market regardless of your previously held positions.
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 05:07:08 AM

I can think of more "reasons" to buy, for example, if you have more money lying around that you want to invest in the current market regardless of your previously held positions.

I guess if that is a good enough reason then SLR should have made it's motto; the sitting around money coin, and rely on those type of people who would rather spend the money that they have lying around on SLR rather than buy Solar with it. See the disparity now? But way better than corporate ICO of a solar farm.

In an ideal world most of Bitcoin would have already transferred over to SLR and we would just use SLR instead of Bitcoin. But we could still use SLR in a better way. Making the Claim an internal PEG and using it as trade gets the coin out there. Like minded people can trade it at the PEG and gain value. Then instead of taking a loss on something you bought you can PEG it at what you paid retail at the SLR PEG. Example: Old item in your closet (Just money laying around) Retailed for $300 and you could sell it on ebay for $30. 1MWh Retail average PEG of SLR may be $150 per coin so you can take 2 SLR for the $300 item. You now can claim a loss on the item of $29.72 as you are giving to a non profit organization called Solarcoin. Yet you now can use that 2 SLR at $150. You can never get more than $150 for it since it is Pegged to the price of 1MWh.

Never mind that the person who generated the 2 SLR used the Power and saved money. They got a $30 something from your closet now too and it is like you are making the world a better place by giving incentive to buy solar. But the seller holds $300 worth of SLR now to go buy something that they want from someone else at the Pegged price.

Now the more people SLR can get doing this, the people will suddenly realize... Oh I can go BUY some SLR and trade at the PEG for products that people are willing to use to back solar with. Even if some of the people want to place a depreciated value at the PEG for $30 of the $300 retail and only pay .2 SLR for the product you get the economy rolling! The seller will hold that .2 SLR now and hope that SLR reaches $150 on the exchange. They can then cash out or just use it at the internal PEG for something they want etc.

So now what happens to the price of Solarcoin when you have products that are willing to be sold at the PEG? The price goes up, especially when someone can just come in from Bitcoin and have a shopping spree and become a part of SLR and they hold the coin as the price goes up and make money for shopping.

Now the person selling the product can take a write off and we could also write that transaction publicly to the blockchain.

Maybe the devs will take this to heart but I doubt it. It really is backwards since someone has to take a product that they have value in and put that value into Solarcoin. It is a huge leap of faith and most of the products would probably be junk. lol

But making a BUY is what needs to happen. So if you can come up with a better way other than just having money laying around as a reason to buy SLR, lets hear it...

EDIT***
Also realize that the more people you get to BUY from the exchange... You now have distributed the POW coin and those POW coin holders will back the economy at lower prices granted but that Bitcoin will most likely stay in the market! I am pretty sure the majority would buy and sell along with all the other people who came to buy coin to trade at the PEG for shopping. It would be a massive boost at the least.
myparentsdisownedme

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 05:15:26 AM

I know I'm late to all this stuff but is there any type of bounty left for these types of things? Not sure if I completely undertand them tho lol
myparentsdisownedme

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 07:23:18 PM

Hey is there any bounty left for this thing?
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 10:51:21 PM

What if Solarcoin creates a market for Used Solar Panels that can be bought with Solarcoin at the PEG? $150 per coin and the people selling the used Solar panels are probably upgrading. They would also get a claim for buying with SLR too.

Create a location that accepts old Solar Panels as a donation and tax write off? Put these up for sale and only accept SLR.
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 11:29:40 PM

What if Solarcoin creates a market for Used Solar Panels that can be bought with Solarcoin at the PEG? $150 per coin and the people selling the used Solar panels are probably upgrading. They would also get a claim for buying with SLR too.

Create a location that accepts old Solar Panels as a donation and tax write off? Put these up for sale and only accept SLR.

I favor a more organic approach. Let Solarcoin find it's market niche.

CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 11:51:19 PM

I favor a more organic approach. Let Solarcoin find it's market niche.

Sure, that approach is already enacted. Technically Solarcoin doesn't even need to be a party to the transaction. Anyone could do it.

Now that I think about it... Isn't there a Glut of Panels from China? The panels just sit there and new tech may actually make these panels obsolete or have already made them obsolete.

There could be a way that these panels get installed and then the manufacturing company could recoup their losses through power production. There are many outfits that lease and save you money on your power bill but they own the panels. What if these were granted to the home owners but the claim goes to the Manufacturer? All that would need to be done is have the owner buy their claim each year as SLR. This would be exponential. Then the manufacturer could chose to hold or sell their coin. If they hold their claim coin they stand to make better margins later. Kind of like going all in on something they are losing money on anyways. Of course this also takes out market share but most of these installs would never happen in the first place.

If the manufacturer was paid back retail it works that way too. Just amortized and then the owner keeps the claimed SLR. They could also put the claim on the Blockchain and make a special payback program with the meters that iFloorwalker made. This could be legally enforced too and anywhere in the world. I think people would love to be able to do this and would pay without question. Probably some fraud may occur but these are panels just sitting there and may never be sold.
passionsurf

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:57:56 PM

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/go-green-india-launches-its-first-solar-powered-local-muqbil-ahmar
This is pretty interesting
Solaris33

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:14:08 PM

SolarCoin Generator Pool Security
The SolarCoin Foundation has made securing the SolarCoin Generator Pool a top priority for 2017 to help give future and current SLR owners certainty about the source and amount of SolarCoin released into circulation.  After much research and debate, balancing security and simplicity, the SolarCoin Foundation proposes a time lock on the Generator Pool. The details are being finalized, but the approach would be similar to what Ripple has communicated: https://www.coindesk.com/ripple-pledges-lock-14-billion-xrp-cryptocurrency

Some common wallet security practices for cryptocurrencies that the SolarCoin Foundation considered are:
-Cold Storage of wallets - Currently implemented for the generator pool and would continue to be operational for any wallets not time locked
-Very small amount of coin available for issuance at any one point in time (reduce risk by shrinking the size of the target) - Timelock of generator pool accomplishes this goal.
-Multi-signature authentication (m of n) from separate resources to access wallets - Currently implemented for the generator pool distributed internationally
-Proactive security of posting 100% collateral to access wallets - Decided against because of smart contract implementation complexity

The SolarCoin Foundation welcomes the community to comment on this important security requirement.
deddod

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:48:23 PM

With the increasing number of electrical projects using solar energy.
Hopefully it can reduce pollution on earth and SLR is a good future.
Good luck!

▄█▄
   ██▀  ▄█▄
  ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
 ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
▐█▌  ▄█▀  ▄▀
██   ██  
██   ██  
██   ██  
▐█▌  ▀█▄  ▀▄
 ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
  ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
   ██▄  ▀█▀
    ▀█▀
████
▀▀▀▀
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▐████
▀▀     ▄▄▄▄▄▀██████████▐████
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████▀ ▀▄▄▄     ▐████
▀▀     ▄▀███▄▄▄▄       ▐████
▄▄   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▐████
▄▄   ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████

▀▄▄▀▀▀  ██████           ▐████
██████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████

▄▄  ████▀▄██████████▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████████████▐████
BIDIUM       ▄█▄
   ▄█▄
  ▀██

▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
  ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▐█▌
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
  ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▐█▌
 ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▄██
▄▀
  ▄█▀  ▄██
   ▀█▀
  ▄██
       ▀█▀

Solaris33

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:47:53 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Inconvenient_Sequel:_Truth_to_Power

SolarCoin is the solution!
id10tothe9

Activity: 623

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:27:22 AM

hey it's great this project is still going, i think it's visionary and the time will come soon when solar power generation is distributed and private, rural communities and developing societies would benefit the most, maybe SLR can be used to incentivize those projects and help poor communities build their solar panel solutions. Probably already in the work of the project, but I was away for a long time..
good luck!

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 11:51:02 AM

hey it's great this project is still going, i think it's visionary and the time will come soon when solar power generation is distributed and private, rural communities and developing societies would benefit the most, maybe SLR can be used to incentivize those projects and help poor communities build their solar panel solutions. Probably already in the work of the project, but I was away for a long time..
good luck!

Well too much proof of work coin is out there for the price to move up for claimers. Either it rains claims on the buyers or it drowns the claim power out from the PoW coin.

Too bad there is no reason to buy SLR other than the one I gave earlier. PEG to the wholesale value of Power and then trade on that PEG. $120 a coin is better than a few pennies and waiting 40 years.

Perhaps if you can prove you are installing in a rural area you get a PEG Claim for the total cost of your panels. $25,000 in SLR at the PEG of $120 wholesale power for 1MWH is only 208 coins. What would be the harm of this? You get your generation Claim too. It could even go retroactive for all claims.

But SLR needs to open a Solar Market and I had suggested some of the Glut of older Tech be sold for Solar Coin and the manufacturer keeps the coin for the "rainy day" (leaky ceiling reference lol) and wait for the sun to dry up the river of claims. Perhaps they grant retail on older tech and there we have the regaining of energy and power back into SLR. Since this older tech may never sell and would only depreciate their market share it gives the Manufacturer extra SLR in return.

If SLR can PEG internally it will grow exponentially creating a buy on the market. People willing to accept internal trade for used goods like a Solarebay will propel it into the sunspot light. But just using the actual PEG at the manufacturer would create a buy on the market. People would flood in to buy SLR so they can get the actual Solar Panels for cheaper. So really it only comes down to the Glut and one smart Manufacturer willing to go out on a limb and accept 100% in SLR on all the stock piles of panels. I would think they have to actually be installed to go into effect and this is where an installer comes in and validates the transaction. Then that installer makes real money and would most likely have to take on workers at first until the market price hits $120. Then the rush would simmer down but guess what... The manufacturer took profit on the rise of the coin.

People willing to trade at $120 a coin might grow viral, just look at some things you may not really need that are lying around and put them out there for SLR. Since the deal was at $120 you take a huge loss write off but get to trade again for something you may want. I even suggested people can charge retail for their used product. A $1000 item that may only sell for $200 now like for instance a BitCoin miner. You can buy it with 8.3 SLR instead of 1428.57 SLR to equal $200. Then we gain back energy lost in a product simultaneously. And we put it into the SLR blockchain and marketcap. The actual granting of coin at the PEG also would be showing a true marketcap of the equipment out there too.

The whole problem stems from the fact that nobody needs to buy SLR to do anything with. There is nothing to buy with it. And if you do buy something that merchant has to just go and sell it to get their costs out. So instead of taking $200 from your wallet and buying the product you want, you would have to go online buy some SLR with your $200 and then possibly lose value due to someone dumping as you bought. Then that seller has to go and sell to the same market you bought from and if you had any coin left over it is now worth less due to the selling.

So now you can see  it would only take a large manufacturer to put it on the line and this coin would take off. The claims could RAIN down and people would turn their umbrella upside down to buy all that coin! This would then perpetuate the market. I really don't know why no manufacturer can see this as the ultimate gamble that would turn the world green.
passionsurf

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:37:51 PM

The SolarCoin Foundation has made securing the SolarCoin Generator Pool a top priority for 2017 to help give future and current SLR owners certainty about the source and amount of SolarCoin released into circulation.  After much research and debate, balancing security and simplicity, the SolarCoin Foundation proposes a time lock on the Generator Pool. The details are being finalized, but the approach would be similar to what Ripple has communicated: https://www.coindesk.com/ripple-pledges-lock-14-billion-xrp-cryptocurrency

Some common wallet security practices for cryptocurrencies that the SolarCoin Foundation considered are:
-Cold Storage of wallets - Currently implemented for the generator pool and would continue to be operational for any wallets not time locked
-Very small amount of coin available for issuance at any one point in time (reduce risk by shrinking the size of the target) - Timelock of generator pool accomplishes this goal.
-Multi-signature authentication (m of n) from separate resources to access wallets - Currently implemented for the generator pool distributed internationally
-Proactive security of posting 100% collateral to access wallets - Decided against because of smart contract implementation complexity

The SolarCoin Foundation welcomes the community to comment on this important security requirement.

Implementation of these factors definitely seems to be important for the health of this coin long term. I'm especially excited by limited amount of coin available for issuance at any one point in time. This coin really seems to have a strong future ahead!
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:25:33 AM

Implementation of these factors definitely seems to be important for the health of this coin long term. I'm especially excited by limited amount of coin available for issuance at any one point in time. This coin really seems to have a strong future ahead!

That is just the security behind the Generator pool. There are always 98 Billion coin available for Claims and 500M for Development is also available at any time.
Pages: « 1 ... 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: