Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:13:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466757 times)
bumTUNA999

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 08:28:13 AM

Hey guys,

Brand new exchange being launched in Estonia in 69 days, free community voting, SLR has been listed, we need to get into top 20 to be listed FREE!!!! Great opportunity with a new exchange that targets a great region!

https://aiodex.com/vote/coin/5b4c6ef7cbc22d02989fa5f0

MAKE SURE YOU TAKE THE TIME TO REGISTER AND VOTE!!!!!

The volume is a joke honestly at the moment, having a new exchange would not really benefit, being on Bittrex is good enough for exposure from that perspective I think?

Can't hurt. But I see your point, at the moment it isn't needed. Though it may offer some additional markets in other countries that Bittrex can't service? Though that's just a guess.

Yeah, I suppose.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SLRking

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:07:58 AM

Hey guys,

Brand new exchange being launched in Estonia in 69 days, free community voting, SLR has been listed, we need to get into top 20 to be listed FREE!!!! Great opportunity with a new exchange that targets a great region!

https://aiodex.com/vote/coin/5b4c6ef7cbc22d02989fa5f0

MAKE SURE YOU TAKE THE TIME TO REGISTER AND VOTE!!!!!

The volume is a joke honestly at the moment, having a new exchange would not really benefit, being on Bittrex is good enough for exposure from that perspective I think?

Can't hurt. But I see your point, at the moment it isn't needed. Though it may offer some additional markets in other countries that Bittrex can't service? Though that's just a guess.

Yes correct, why would asia market be on bittrex? they won't they all use binance/houbi/bifinex etc....so really not being on other exchanges is preventing most of the world from buying.
flatexx

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:22:44 AM

I found this on wikipedia:

Counting more than seven million real-time solar monitoring stations in fifty-six countries around the globe—estimated by UN projections to grow to more than 200M over the next decade—the program has been recognized by the United Nations and the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) as the lowest carbon currency, the largest environmental monitoring experiment, and the largest private renewable energy project in the world.

This basically means it's the first cryptocurrency to be recognized by an international organisation.

Wikipedia also mentions the partnership with Cloud Constellation, stating that satellite deployment is scheduled for 2018. Can anyone elaborate on that?

Also the price is awesome right now, i have been filling my bags with SLR lately since I believe the current SLR/BTC price is very cheap. Hope so see some positive action soon  Smiley
PrinceKael

Activity: 30
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:34:55 AM

Is there any utility for people holding or buying SolarCoin rather than speculative purposes? If I understand correctly, Solarcoin rewards users for the amount of solar generated, which may increase selling pressure. I'm just wondering as someone who doesn't have access to renewable energy what the coins could be used for.
elitecstrike

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 06:19:21 AM

SolarCoin: Accelerating the Energy Transition
During this year’s highly successful Intersolar Europe, SolarCoin founder and self-confessed “recreational central banker” Nick Gogerty found time to sit down with Impact4All to discuss how “the first digital currency that rewards solar electricity generators” is helping accelerate the unstoppable transition to renewables. During the interview, Nick covers a wide range of topics detailing the philosophy behind the coin and its potential for impact in the energy transition.
https://medium.com/solarcoin/solarcoin-accelerating-the-energy-transition-5a0348d88a19
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 07:50:59 PM

Is there any utility for people holding or buying SolarCoin rather than speculative purposes? If I understand correctly, Solarcoin rewards users for the amount of solar generated, which may increase selling pressure. I'm just wondering as someone who doesn't have access to renewable energy what the coins could be used for.

Read my past posts here, there are 33 Million PoW coin also which have effect on the market and I would think those holders have been paid off after the rise and fall last year. Which is why you see the price decline, that kind of profit taking has wiped out the incentive. Any new holders now have to support by hedging out of their positions. But again who would buy when all claims need to sell in order to support their investment in solar. It is the reason why they would claim.

If you could use the coin to buy something it would be different but there is little market. There are other alternatives... It is all in my past posts...

I think a new strategy would be to swap out the 98 Billion and start a new chain. You can pay off the investors and then do a masternode type scenario. This could also be done at the point of origin with a meter on the actual claim. It can't be gamed since the authority is the validator of the claim. You can also use Tokens for the claim which would be used to create the masternode. Could be a great comeback of SLR!
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 08:05:08 AM

Read my past posts here, there are 33 Million PoW coin also which have effect on the market and I would think those holders have been paid off after the rise and fall last year. Which is why you see the price decline, that kind of profit taking has wiped out the incentive. Any new holders now have to support by hedging out of their positions. But again who would buy when all claims need to sell in order to support their investment in solar. It is the reason why they would claim.

If you could use the coin to buy something it would be different but there is little market. There are other alternatives... It is all in my past posts...

I think a new strategy would be to swap out the 98 Billion and start a new chain. You can pay off the investors and then do a masternode type scenario. This could also be done at the point of origin with a meter on the actual claim. It can't be gamed since the authority is the validator of the claim. You can also use Tokens for the claim which would be used to create the masternode. Could be a great comeback of SLR!

Those 33 mill PoW coins are quickly becoming dwarfed by claims.

flatexx

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:36:48 PM

more people claiming Solarcoin doesn't necessarily mean that the coins are dumped on the market. People who get involved with crypto tend to understand the potential in holding depending on the current market situation. I know people who used to mine bitcoin and altcoins back in the days who were very profitable because they were able to hold on to all the mining profits and dumped when the price increased tremendously.

In my opinion people claiming Solarcoins right now would be stupid to just dump them on the market. Small individual claimers wont receive significant amounts, so why dump when you're basically getting almost nothing now. It's not worth it and I think most people will hold on the their claimed coins for now...
Even if I had a large solar farm I wouldn't dump my claimed SLR for BTC anytime soon. again its just not worth it right now. Why not hold on to something you got for free anyway. That's what I think will be in most peoples heads hence I don't believe that the selling pressure has increased because there are more claimers.

More claimers is probably a good thing for Solarcoin because it just means that that coins are being more evenly distributed to new people who probably see the potential of holding rather than dumping in the long term. This can also lead to more nodes which also strengthens the network!
javkot

Activity: 113

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:03:14 PM

more people claiming Solarcoin doesn't necessarily mean that the coins are dumped on the market. People who get involved with crypto tend to understand the potential in holding depending on the current market situation. I know people who used to mine bitcoin and altcoins back in the days who were very profitable because they were able to hold on to all the mining profits and dumped when the price increased tremendously.

In my opinion people claiming Solarcoins right now would be stupid to just dump them on the market. Small individual claimers wont receive significant amounts, so why dump when you're basically getting almost nothing now. It's not worth it and I think most people will hold on the their claimed coins for now...
Even if I had a large solar farm I wouldn't dump my claimed SLR for BTC anytime soon. again its just not worth it right now. Why not hold on to something you got for free anyway. That's what I think will be in most peoples heads hence I don't believe that the selling pressure has increased because there are more claimers.

More claimers is probably a good thing for Solarcoin because it just means that that coins are being more evenly distributed to new people who probably see the potential of holding rather than dumping in the long term. This can also lead to more nodes which also strengthens the network!

I tend to agree with this ... that more claiming SLR doesn't mean more coins are being dumped. The goal of the recent partnership with SMA is to get more individual or household-sized claimant's on board. And the typical house-sized solar install might generate 1 SLR per month, if lucky. Not worth dumping. Plus, people who own solar panels, tend to be really excited about the future of solar and I would expect them to want to support projects such as SLR which only serve to further the production of solar power.
mattwj44

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:59:14 AM

I can't believe I'm saying this, but after years of studying this project I have to side with you in some ways...You make a good point that there are too many coins on the market from the POW phase of SLR, especially when you realize that each household can only claim so many. Someone who buys off a market could hold as many coins as would be generated by a whole city or state.

All this being said, at this point so many people want to make money off crypto and its obvious they will buy anything. In my opinion, at least the REASON each SLR exists make sense, or much more so than the other crap coins out there. People had to capture power to make these even if some were POW'd into existence easier than those who claim.

POW coins may slow down the growth of SLR, but over time those who claim (and those who speculate) will drive the price up and drown out the noise from the start of the project, it just may take a bit longer than some of us expected Wink

HAVE FAITH GO SLR
robert powell

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:00:53 AM

I think this is a good project, a clear direction, worth pursuing, hope the development team can go far in the future.
The main thing is not to stop and step by step to move towards the goal !!!
I wish that at the end of the journey you will be proud of the project you are doing !!
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:33:41 PM

Correct, it is a 40 year long term project using a network effect. The PoW coin is what I am getting at. It was supposed to represent previous unclaimed solar. Yet it was gained by mining. So reduce the coinbase and the claimers can then make the market by holding their coin. Yes this would be smart for them to hold. It was free. But they also want to use the coin to pay for their Solar Installations. The coin is about creating incentive for solar. So we fall back on why people would buy... Speculation is the biggest reason but there was a trap of PoW coin.
halogensprovidingfy

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:36:08 AM

I hope that SolarCoin will be a proof of digital currency substitution based on the shares. It exploits until complete phase pow. I was very impressed with this digital currency
solarcoin_news

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:24:01 PM

SolarCoin is pursuing a listing on Cryptaldash.

https://www.cryptaldash.com/new-coin-listing/solarcoin
javkot

Activity: 113

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 11:04:30 PM

SolarCoin is pursuing a listing on Cryptaldash.

https://www.cryptaldash.com/new-coin-listing/solarcoin

SLR also still in the running at these two exchanges:

https://aiodex.com/vote
https://coindeal.com/vote
flatexx

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:51:29 AM

slr on fire sale today   Cheesy i wonder how long this will last
Jekwizor

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 10:12:58 AM

Yuxta Energy grants SolarCoins to solar power producers in Costa Rica
https://solarcoin.org/news/yuxta_energy_rants_solarcoins_to_solar_power_producers_in_costa_rica

Yuxta Energy, the expert solar installer, announced today its partnership with the SolarCoin Foundation. Yuxta enters the SolarCoin ecosystem as an official affiliate to provide solar residential and commercial owners in Costa Rica with the support they need to understand and adopt the SolarCoin Incentive.

SolarCoin is a blockchain digital asset that works like air-miles for solar electricity generation. SolarCoin offers a new incentive for solar power generation on a global scale, independently and additionally to existing government subsidies. Each SolarCoin in circulation represents 1 MWh of solar electricity generation. SolarCoins are claimed by individuals living in homes with solar panels or commercial and utility-scale solar PV producers.

As a new SolarCoin affiliate, Yuxta Energy will provide onboarding and wallet management services to Solar Power Producers, enabling them to earn SolarCoins and add a new revenue stream to their business at no additional cost. Yuxta will create and secure digital wallets, help gather the required claim documentation, manage the on-boarding process with the SolarCoin Foundation, and ensure that claimants receive their SolarCoin rewards.

A number of Solar IPPs like ACWA Power have already registered their PV assets on the SolarCoin platform, and SMA, the world leading inverter producer is trial-testing the grant mechanism.
DeViL303

Activity: 588
Merit: 103

SESAME

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 02:29:08 PM

Spirit Energy Now Accepts SolarCoins: Air Miles for Solar Electricity

Blockchain technology creates a transparent public ledger that records a series of transactions, facilitating aSpirit fast, low-cost, trusted transfer of value without the involvement of traditional intermediaries. Already used in the financial sector, it’s only a matter of time before Blockchain hits the energy sector in a major way, particularly with the explosion of micro-generation of electricity, the ending of solar subsidies, and the advent of smart meters.

With Octopus Energy claiming to have paid customers to use excess electricity at night on four occasions in the last 12 months, real time peer-to-peer trading of electricity is surely just around the corner. Other potential applications include authentication of renewable generation and trading of emissions permits.

With peer-to-peer energy trading, a consumer would feed surplus energy into the grid through a blockchain-enabled meter. Algorithms would then match buyers and sellers in real time, with automatic payment. The end game is a transparent and decentralised energy system automatically balancing supply and demand, transacting against a set of precoded algorithms.

solarcoin_news

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:46:26 AM

Want to keep up on SolarCoin?

Here is the latest newsletter.

https://mailchi.mp/303ee69ef896/autumn-newsletter?e=14a0b199af
Altcoinlover

Activity: 746
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 02:37:15 PM

I need help....

I tried to access the application as solar energy producer.

The links in the OP are sending to deleted pages in the site.

The PDF doc explaining about the project is not providing a link to the application.

Then, the slack link I got does not provide a way to get an invite.

I would appreciate to have an easy way, no brainer, to have a person apply as producer.

thanks in advance

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████
█████████          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████         ███████
█████████         ███████
██████████        ███████
 ███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄█v█████
  ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
        ███████████████
          ██████
          ████ ███
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
enesis

☑ No ICO/Auction.
☑ No pre-mine__--
☑ Fair Launch___-

████████████████████████████
██████               ███████
█████                 ██████
████     ███   ███     █████
████     ███   ███     █████
████                   █████
██████   █████████   ███████
█████████████████████ ██████
                        ████
                          ██
DISCORD

▄█████████████████████████████▄
████████████████▌ ▄▄▀▀    ▀████
████████████████ █████▄   █████
█████████████▀▀ ▐▀█████████████
███▀▀ ▀▀▀             ▀▀▀¬▀▀███
███        ▄       ▄        ███
███▄      ███     ███      ▄███
████        `              ████
█████      ▄▄     ▄▄      █████
███████▄      ▀▀▀      ▄███████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████████
REDDIT

POW       
Equihash 192.7
Airdrops & Bounties

Pages: « 1 ... 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: