Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 06:12:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466756 times)
mazzaneo

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 06:58:13 AM

I'd love to know who is manipulating the price of Solarcoin on Bittrex, deliberately trying to keep the price down.
The guy seems to keep putting small 25 SLC orders, we should all try an chip in if we can to buy up these bullshit orders. That is of course if you believe this coin will gain in value, which I think everyone here does right?

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
terciops

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:02:35 AM

I'd love to know who is manipulating the price of Solarcoin on Bittrex, deliberately trying to keep the price down.
The guy seems to keep putting small 25 SLC orders, we should all try an chip in if we can to buy up these bullshit orders.

There are actually 2 or 3 bots running on the SLR list.  You can watch the continuous interplay of small bids and offers that make making a sensible bid very difficult.  What the point is I am not sure since the tactics are very repetitive.  Maybe it does keep the price down, it is certainly disruptive.

SLR - 8dNrncD6mBWzPPQLMRqmk9oCxoC9N7Xfev
mazzaneo

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:14:45 AM

The guy seems to keep putting small 25 SLC orders, we should all try an chip in if we can to buy up these bullshit orders.

There are actually 2 or 3 bots running on the SLR list.  You can watch the continuous interplay of small bids and offers that make making a sensible bid very difficult.  What the point is I am not sure since the tactics are very repetitive.  Maybe it does keep the price down, it is certainly disruptive.

Well unless they have deep pockets this can't go on forever I guess.

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Snake Pliskin

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:28:38 AM

Quote from: mazzaneo on Today at 06:58:13 AM
Quote from: mazzaneo on Today at 06:50:06 AM

There are actually 2 or 3 bots running on the SLR list.  You can watch the continuous interplay of small bids and offers that make making a sensible bid very difficult.  What the point is I am not sure since the tactics are very repetitive.  Maybe it does keep the price down, it is certainly disruptive.

I'm pretty sure they are running a arbitrage program with the bots, making a few points here and there over numerous coins will soon add up over time.
Epiphany

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 09:49:26 AM

He'll run out of SLR eventually, right? I bought some yesterday with a market order, I suggest if people buying would do that instead of putting low ball bids, the price might actually go up. It only takes 0.4 BTC to pop it back over 2300 sats yet I see large bid orders in there sub 2000. If someone is actively selling, those low ball bids are giving him what he needs to keep the price low. Just my opinion though, I don't begrudge how others choose to buy. It's a free market after all.  Smiley

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
mazzaneo

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:36:24 AM

There are actually 2 or 3 bots running on the SLR list.  You can watch the continuous interplay of small bids and offers that make making a sensible bid very difficult.  What the point is I am not sure since the tactics are very repetitive.  Maybe it does keep the price down, it is certainly disruptive.

He'll run out of SLR eventually, right? I bought some yesterday with a market order, I suggest if people buying would do that instead of putting low ball bids, the price might actually go up. It only takes 0.4 BTC to pop it back over 2300 sats yet I see large bid orders in there sub 2000. If someone is actively selling, those low ball bids are giving him what he needs to keep the price low. Just my opinion though, I don't begrudge how others choose to buy. It's a free market after all.  Smiley
Agreed... I bought a shit load today

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
LuckyKey

Activity: 368

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:44:58 AM

He'll run out of SLR eventually, right? I bought some yesterday with a market order, I suggest if people buying would do that instead of putting low ball bids, the price might actually go up. It only takes 0.4 BTC to pop it back over 2300 sats yet I see large bid orders in there sub 2000. If someone is actively selling, those low ball bids are giving him what he needs to keep the price low. Just my opinion though, I don't begrudge how others choose to buy. It's a free market after all.  Smiley

I just bought a bunch, and it pushed the price up 40%.  The automated tool immediately dropped some small amounts of buys and sells into the system. The idea is to buy up some coins cheaper than what you can sell them for.  When the range between the buy and sell is large (ex; 30%), it creates room to make $, from buying low and selling high, within the range.  Without fees, ppl can do whatever they want, as there is no cost.  I'm not too concerned….the long term vision is to bring solarcoins to the masses, and when that happens the price and volume should be much higher  Cool
Snake Pliskin

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:45:29 AM

Quote from: mazzaneo on Today at 07:14:45 AM
Quote from: terciops on Today at 07:02:35 AM

He'll run out of SLR eventually, right? I bought some yesterday with a market order, I suggest if people buying would do that instead of putting low ball bids, the price might actually go up. It only takes 0.4 BTC to pop it back over 2300 sats yet I see large bid orders in there sub 2000. If someone is actively selling, those low ball bids are giving him what he needs to keep the price low. Just my opinion though, I don't begrudge how others choose to buy. It's a free market after all.  Smiley

Another way is to just ignore his sell as it's such a measly amount and buy the next sell one down that what I've been doing just out of principle.
LuckyKey

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:55:47 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 12:12:50 PM by LuckyKey

Another way is to just ignore his sell as it's such a measly amount and buy the next sell one down that what I've been doing just out of principle.

If you keep a little extra to purchase the small amounts that show up right after, but wait a little bit, it seems to bring the buys up.  lol  I did this and the buys followed (they are up over 20% from where they were).  

…hopefully it's moot, and we're buying the last piles in this price range  Wink
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 12:27:18 PM

The Cannapay system might be useful to put our own counter bots in play. I've been meaning to look into it and try it out but haven't had the time... Sad

mazzaneo

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 12:40:16 PM

I wonder how many people are actually buying solarcoin out there or is it only us?

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 12:52:25 PM

I wonder how many people are actually buying solarcoin out there or is it only us?

It seems new demand goes up in bursts, driven by news? Every time I see a burst of tweets, for example, I almost always see a burst in volume to the upside. The problem is that there are only a handful out there creating the buzz. Drizzle was instrumental in creating buzz when we got the latest wallet. I think if more of us made an effort to get the word out, we could easily see more demand come into the picture naturally.

I do think there are more people buying than just us but during these low demand stretches, we are the ones maintaining the base, for sure. How much of the volume in these down times are us on the buy side is really hard to put a figure to though. 50%? 75% 100%???  Grin I just don't know. I don't actively buy every day, just every couple of weeks when I get paid so I know I am a very small part of the demand equation. I can't speak for anyone else.

LuckyKey

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:02:07 PM

When is the next board meeting?  It's been 3 month since the last meeting; after meeting in both June and July?  I know there has been a focus on the coin technology developments (block reduction and PoS), but it would be nice to see progress beyond the blockchain technology. What are the plan updates?
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 01:02:14 PM

Actually I have spent a fair bit of Bitcoin mining over the last few months rather than buying on Bittrex and that has paid off handsomely for me. There was a stretch in the summer where I used SLR itself to finance my mining purchases and got about a 30% return. I accumulated over 100,000 SLR by doing this and didn't spend a dime of fiat to do it. And this had the added benefit of keeping the mining more secure, so win/win for me. And I always tried not to affect the price when I sold some to finance the mining.

Unfortunately that equation no longer works... Cry There is a third pool out there somewhere with one miner who has snatched up the majority of mined coins since Septemebr 30. That 4-5 GHs of power this person has makes the mining option not much of an option at all... I keep hoping they go away soon so I can get back to mining.  Kiss

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 01:16:18 PM

When is the next board meeting?  It's been 3 month since the last meeting; after meeting in both June and July?  I know there has been a focus on the coin technology developments (block reduction and PoS), but it would be nice to see progress beyond the blockchain technology. What are the plan updates?

I was invited to join a call this weekend to discuss the upcoming fork and the 15% nameplate capacity automation. Hopefully more news will come as a result of that call. Great ideas are one thing, putting it into practice and actually getting shit done is quite another.  Roll Eyes That's the real challenge.

LuckyKey

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:18:45 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 03:50:34 PM by LuckyKey

When is the next board meeting?  It's been 3 month since the last meeting; after meeting in both June and July?  I know there has been a focus on the coin technology developments (block reduction and PoS), but it would be nice to see progress beyond the blockchain technology. What are the plan updates?

I was invited to join a call this weekend to discuss the upcoming fork and the 15% nameplate capacity automation. Hopefully more news will come as a result of that call. Great ideas are one thing, putting it into practice and actually getting shit done is quite another.  Roll Eyes That's the real challenge.

Any further word/development on the incorporation…and subsequent outreach/grants/funding/etc.?

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 01:47:02 PM

I was invited to join a call this weekend to discuss the upcoming fork and the 15% nameplate capacity automation. Hopefully more news will come as a result of that call. Great ideas are one thing, putting it into practice and actually getting shit done is quite another.  Roll Eyes That's the real challenge.

Any further word/development on the incorporation…and subsequent outreach for grants/funding/etc.?

Nick has some ideas on grants/funding that I have seen in some emails but it's not my place to share those. Maybe he will pop in here and share himself!!!  Grin

Snake Pliskin

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:20:31 PM

Miner seem to be selling today, hope they have plenty a little left at these prices tomorrow.
freebird

Activity: 414

Freedom through Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:44:41 PM

Any further word/development on the incorporation…and subsequent outreach for grants/funding/etc.?

The focus of the team right now is on getting ready for Proof of Stake. After that's done (about 2 more weeks), then the attention can shift to organizational development, business outreach, funding, etc.

One interesting thing is that I went to a Bitcoin conference in Orlando last weekend and met some people involved in Ripple. Learned a lot about the Ripple platform and how it can be used for creating a direct fiat-to-SLR trading exchange. Also some other things such as Ripple's progress on developing smart contracts.

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
passionsurf

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:13:47 PM

If you keep a little extra to purchase the small amounts that show up right after, but wait a little bit, it seems to bring the buys up.  lol  I did this and the buys followed (they are up over 20% from where they were).  

…hopefully it's moot, and we're buying the last piles in this price range  Wink

Superficially, it might be frustrating to see the price stagnate at 2000 satoshis, but in reality we WANT the dumpers to dump as much as possible BEFORE PoS kicks in. The more coins that get put into the wallets of long-term holders now, the stronger this coin will be in the future. So keep bringing it!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: