Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:30:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466757 times)
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 08:10:25 PM

Is there going to be a new wallet available to download when we shift to PoS? If so, when will it be available?

Yes, users will need to download a new wallet to begin staking. We're hoping to receive the new code and wallets from the CCN devs soon. Unfortunately we don't know exactly when they'll be finished.

Dev team of coin is important.
Solar need official programmer..

Research the threads; there are tech leads dedicated to the coin; they leveraged the Cannacoin dev team for latest blockchain advancements/upgrades, as they were already implementing similar changes with that coin. The Cannacoin dev team is one of the top dev teams in the crypto industry.

We are very close to compiling a proof-of-stake wallet for the CCN/SLR codebase.  Since SolarCoin was transitioned to the Cannacoin codebase at the last fork, we are able to test easily.  We now are forking the CCN/SLR codebase to Blackcoin codebase.  

This is a task that has not been accomplished before, forking from a scrypt litecoin codebase to the Blackcoin codebase, and it must be thoroughly inspected and tested.

Unfortunately, if we give you an ETA and it is not accurate, then this will result in a disappointment.  The moment we compile the wallet we will have screenshots.

We will keep you updated.  Have some faith and don't wait to start working on other projects for Solarcoin while this is being finalized.

Do not worry, promise!

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 01:19:16 AM

Hi all,

Thanks Corather and Mazzaneo for mentions. Wink

A short update on my project called the #solarcoinalphaproject. I promised that the first version would be out by late October so I thought I had better inform about the schedules. I am running behind schedule.
The goal of the project is more of a running proof of concept to show that an encrypted signal can be sent from a stand-alone PV system's API to any required receivers to accurately and securely prove the number of solarcoin's being generated by the system during daylight hours of operation.

0) Design completed. Electrical design and then some tests of the gateway and its communication to the software teams API. Completed. I had some initial road blocks here.
1) Components procured and delivered. So far it also includes a global pyranometer enabling the system to have a prediction mechanism inbuilt based on historical weather data for the location.
2) Weather proofing tested for battery box.
3) Power system DC Wiring half completed.
4) Meeting with software team completed. Understand tasks.

Remaining:
5) Communication box wiring
6) Dry test and link to API.
7) Stability and running for 1-2 weeks.
Cool Writing the white paper (in parallel) to explain the prediction technology, the link to the API and possible further work ( I hope others can pick up from where I stop) i.e. secure blockchain calls and receives because my area of expertise is solar yield prediction technology, solar PV systems and PV monitoring systems, not networking security.

Please note, the system is only a proof of concept intended to show what could be done theoretically. It would not interfere with anything.

Thank you,
-lfloorwalker

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
Epiphany

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 01:42:07 AM

Hi all,

A short update on my project called the #solarcoinalphaproject. I promised that the first version would be out by late October so I thought I had better inform about the schedules. I am running behind schedule.
The goal of the project is more of a running proof of concept to show that an encrypted signal can be sent from a stand-alone PV system's API to any required receivers to accurately and securely prove the number of solarcoin's being generated by the system during daylight hours of operation.

0) Design completed. Electrical design and then some tests of the gateway and its communication to the software teams API. Completed. I had some initial road blocks here.
1) Components procured and delivered. So far it also includes a global pyranometer enabling the system to have a prediction mechanism inbuilt based on historical weather data for the location.

Remaining:
Cool Writing the white paper (in parallel) to explain the prediction technology, the link to the API and possible further work ( I hope others can pick up from where I stop) i.e. secure blockchain calls and receives because my area of expertise is solar yield prediction technology, solar PV systems and PV monitoring systems, not networking security.

Please note, the system is only a proof of concept intended to show what could be done theoretically. It would not interfere with anything.

Thank you,
-lfloorwalker

This is so inspiring.

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
sylph93

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 03:30:53 AM

Hi all,

Remaining:

Thank you,
-lfloorwalker

Is this Solarcoin miner?  Cheesy

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
LuckyKey

Activity: 368

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 11:34:23 AM

Hi all,

Remaining:

Thank you,
-lfloorwalker

Wow - great stuff! I did not know things were that close.  Great work!  Smiley

What are the next steps?

Do the solarcoin devs now get involved to write the interface to the blockchain, using the API. 

Thank you!
user_fred

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 12:54:52 PM

Hi, really nice project, but as it's said, it's just a proof of concept. By now, people won't buy any additional equipment to interface the PV.
I think we need to invent it a soft way , more flexible, and quickly implementable.

Is the idea to grant by third party came on the table before ?
I mean, instead sending the proof of solar generation to the foundation website, the proof scan would be injected directly into the wallet and sent through the network ( waiting for successive approvals from other parties , saying, that after 5 or less approval received, the SLR amount would be granted automatically).
Some ideas:
- This could be done by country to ease the process (selected from the wallet interface).
- Top 5 approvers by country would receive free SLR (or % of SLR) for their job checking if proof scans are true and correct.(At the beginning, approvers would be selected, but it could be re evaluated compared to the number of submission by day/week.)
- Rejected, "time out", or suspicious tagged submissions would need to receive a central check by the foundation (the user would be able to select this kind of submission through the interface after having received the rejection or the "time out").
- over a certain amount of claimed SLR, saying 100 SLR , this would follow another process to invent (or keep the actual), the wallet would be able to detect this VIP , and the interface would send this user to the solarcoin webpage.

Is it something possible ? Kore coin is able to make IP soft call through their wallet interface (like skype) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=668886.3580 , why sending some scans would not be possible ?

@: 8cfscmSGjePDWwu6w5kbMbACwHhybLrawk
§1 = 1MWh
Solaris33

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 03:15:20 PM

Greetings from the SolarCoin Foundation.
As stated in prior posts, we are currently focused on the transition from POW to POS and the delivery of new wallets.
Afterwards, the following efforts will be framed and posted to the community for comment:

1) Securing the large generator pool
2) Automating the granting method based on the 15% Nameplate Capacity multiple
3) Global marketing effort to increase the number of registered generators to receive SLR
4) Appropriate governance structure to effectively manage the generator and genesis pools from a long term perspective.

Regards,

Sol Invictus
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 04:23:12 PM

Greetings from the SolarCoin Foundation.
As stated in prior posts, we are currently focused on the transition from POW to POS and the delivery of new wallets.
Afterwards, the following efforts will be framed and posted to the community for comment:

1) Securing the large generator pool
2) Automating the granting method based on the 15% Nameplate Capacity multiple
3) Global marketing effort to increase the number of registered generators to receive SLR
4) Appropriate governance structure to effectively manage the generator and genesis pools from a long term perspective.

Regards,

Sol Invictus

For anyone paying attention, THIS is exciting!!!  Grin Cheesy Grin

Welcome Sol. I for one am really excited to see you here posting with us and I appreciate all the work you do behind the scenes. And this is one of those threads where it's A-OK to use a pseudonym. Cool Here's hoping you begin to feel at home and choose to post more often to join in the conversation.

*hugs*  Kiss

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 04:46:12 PM

Cryptopoolmining seems down? I can't access the site... so I switched my NiceHash contract to Mining Pool Hub. I figured I'd point this out and see if anybody knows what's going on with it. I did tweet them but haven't gotten a response.

terciops

Activity: 74

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 06:27:17 PM

Cryptopoolmining seems down? I can't access the site... so I switched my NiceHash contract to Mining Pool Hub. I figured I'd point this out and see if anybody knows what's going on with it. I did tweet them but haven't gotten a response.

Yes Nice/West Hash have been down for a while now.  I have gone back to solo mining for the last 3 days of SLR mining.  With difficulties down in the 10's that is practical; and I do not expect any great hash numbers appearing with the reward at 6 SLR.

It gave me an opportunity to get the new wallet (1.5) sorted out on my little solar powered rig, so that it can then stay open 24/7 - even when I shut down the gridseeds, because they don't earn their lunch in practical terms anymore.

I can recycle the heatsinks and fans....  Sad

SLR - 8dNrncD6mBWzPPQLMRqmk9oCxoC9N7Xfev
Yolocoind

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 08:01:54 PM

Yes Nice/West Hash have been down for a while now.  I have gone back to solo mining for the last 3 days of SLR mining.  With difficulties down in the 10's that is practical; and I do not expect any great hash numbers appearing with the reward at 6 SLR.

It gave me an opportunity to get the new wallet (1.5) sorted out on my little solar powered rig, so that it can then stay open 24/7 - even when I shut down the gridseeds, because they don't earn their lunch in practical terms anymore.

Mining will continue until the new wallet gets released. We don't know yet at which block the proof of stake hard fork will take place.

tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 08:27:03 PM

Mining will continue until the new wallet gets released. We don't know yet at which block the proof of stake hard fork will take place.

The price of SLR is definitely on an upward trend, which should help bring in more hashing power.  Keep up the good work guys.

Also, considering the size of your generator pool, it might be a good idea to scale your payments in the beginning.  In other words, maybe paying out 1 coin per KW/h of generation for the first 3 months, then .5 coins per kw/h, and down over time.  This would give incentive to early adopters.  The current 1 SLR per MW/h isn't much.

Just a thought/suggestion from reading through the specs. 
LuckyKey

Activity: 368

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 11:23:36 PM

The price of SLR is definitely on an upward trend, which should help bring in more hashing power.  Keep up the good work guys.

Also, considering the size of your generator pool, it might be a good idea to scale your payments in the beginning.  In other words, maybe paying out 1 coin per KW/h of generation for the first 3 months, then .5 coins per kw/h, and down over time.  This would give incentive to early adopters.  The current 1 SLR per MW/h isn't much.

Just a thought/suggestion from reading through the specs. 

I think that's too many.  I think the current reward/model is valid. The incentive will not be there if more solarcoins are rewarded, for if the coin has no value, it doesn't matter how many coins are paid out.

IMHO, the Foundation needs to put some time/energy towards building a plan to bring value to the coin, as that still appears to be missing from the recently stated goals (in this forum). How is the Foundation's $20-$30 target value going to be realized?

dbstmddhks

Activity: 523

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 03:03:31 PM

I really want to see the "Notification about the new wallet"
terciops

Activity: 74

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 08:37:07 PM

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh - I managed to misunderstand the original statement; "Starting on Block 310,000 the PoW block reward will go from §100 per block down to §1 per block over a 33-day period at which time the 100% PoS algorithm will be implemented".  We are a day away from SLR 1 per block - or even 0 per block if the '--3' continues - since we went to 99 and then --3 from there.  It will be instructive to see how many miners keep burning electricity mining a 2000S coin at 1 per minute.

I will keep my little gridseed farm online to protect the blockchain, but it seems like a chasm of uncertainty looming tomorrow.

SLR - 8dNrncD6mBWzPPQLMRqmk9oCxoC9N7Xfev
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:11:26 PM

is cryptopoolmining down or done with SLR?
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 09:15:27 PM

Oh - I managed to misunderstand the original statement; "Starting on Block 310,000 the PoW block reward will go from §100 per block down to §1 per block over a 33-day period at which time the 100% PoS algorithm will be implemented".  We are a day away from SLR 1 per block - or even 0 per block if the '--3' continues - since we went to 99 and then --3 from there.  It will be instructive to see how many miners keep burning electricity mining a 2000S coin at 1 per minute.

I will keep my little gridseed farm online to protect the blockchain, but it seems like a chasm of uncertainty looming tomorrow.

Good point! I hadn't realized the OP wasn't written quite right. I'll go fix that. Smiley

As to the "chasm of uncertainty", I'm not uncertain at all. The price has to go up. Roll Eyes If it doesn't, mining dries up, volume dries up, price will get stagnant, yada yada. Is that what we all want? The price isn't going to go up by itself.  Grin Now IS the time to buy since the over supply from the miners, who kept dumping on strong bids are, for all intents and purposes, gone. This is true whether we stay at PoW for a few more weeks or go to PoS right now. Would it have been awesome to have PoS kick in right now? Yeah. But there's a delay. That's why we have the fallback in place at 1/block. The whole point of this exercise was to address the over supply issue somehow so that we could get the price to a more palatable level so that generators would start claiming their coins. To me that should be at least $0.10 if I'm going to convince anyone to claim coins. The demand has always been strong, now it seems to be "paused". The mission is still on track, the CCN team is continuing to work on figuring out how to properly address the issue they've bumped into. In the meantime, we're mining at 1/block instead of earning 1% interest. Big deal! LOL

I say carry on, add to your positions, push that price up to a level where is is profitable again, miners will come back, coins will be secure. It's all good.

But like I said, it isn't going to do it by itself. In one of my previous posts, I tried to show how even $0.04 cents would make it profitable to mine again. That's only four times the current value, it's certainly not out of reach or an outlandish goal. We can get there now without having to worry about a miner coming in and shoving it back down to a fraction of a penny. Ain't gonna happen anymore, that risk has been algo'd out of the equation. We're free to proceed now if we choose to.

That's my 2 photons.  Kiss

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 09:17:09 PM

is cryptopoolmining down or done with SLR?

It seems down. The website doesn't show up at all, keeps timing out. I tweeted them but got no response. If anyone knows any other way to reach them, go for it. Maybe someone can find out what's going on?

corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:26:28 PM

[/quote]

Oh - I managed to misunderstand the original statement; "Starting on Block 310,000 the PoW block reward will go from §100 per block down to §1 per block over a 33-day period at which time the 100% PoS algorithm will be implemented".  We are a day away from SLR 1 per block - or even 0 per block if the '--3' continues - since we went to 99 and then --3 from there.  It will be instructive to see how many miners keep burning electricity mining a 2000S coin at 1 per minute.

[/quote]

I have 3 fury's pointed to it until the switch to PoS. I know it's not a lot but all you need is a little power to keep the chain moving, and with this new difficulty algo I doubt anyone can fork it.

nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 09:38:02 PM

Oh - I managed to misunderstand the original statement; "Starting on Block 310,000 the PoW block reward will go from §100 per block down to §1 per block over a 33-day period at which time the 100% PoS algorithm will be implemented".  We are a day away from SLR 1 per block - or even 0 per block if the '--3' continues - since we went to 99 and then --3 from there.  It will be instructive to see how many miners keep burning electricity mining a 2000S coin at 1 per minute.

Good point! I hadn't realized the OP wasn't written quite right. I'll go fix that. Smiley

As to the "chasm of uncertainty", I'm not uncertain at all. The price has to go up. Roll Eyes If it doesn't, mining dries up, volume dries up, price will get stagnant, yada yada. Is that what we all want? The price isn't going to go up by itself.  Grin Now IS the time to buy since the over supply from the miners, who kept dumping on strong bids are, for all intents and purposes, gone. This is true whether we stay at PoW for a few more weeks or go to PoS right now. Would it have been awesome to have PoS kick in right now? Yeah. But there's a delay. That's why we have the fallback in place at 1/block. The whole point of this exercise was to address the over supply issue somehow so that we could get the price to a more palatable level so that generators would start claiming their coins. To me that should be at least $0.10 if I'm going to convince anyone to claim coins. The demand has always been strong, now it seems to be "paused". The mission is still on track, the CCN team is continuing to work on figuring out how to properly address the issue they've bumped into. In the meantime, we're mining at 1/block instead of earning 1% interest. Big deal! LOL

I say carry on, add to your positions, push that price up to a level where is is profitable again, miners will come back, coins will be secure. It's all good.

But like I said, it isn't going to do it by itself. In one of my previous posts, I tried to show how even $0.04 cents would make it profitable to mine again. That's only four times the current value, it's certainly not out of reach or an outlandish goal. We can get there now without having to worry about a miner coming in and shoving it back down to a fraction of a penny. Ain't gonna happen anymore, that risk has been algo'd out of the equation. We're free to proceed now if we choose to.

That's my 2 photons.  Kiss

Epiphany,

Thanks for doing a great job in keeping the information flowing.  We will let everyone know ASAP when the new codebase is ready for the move to Proof of Stake. In the meantime, mining will be at the rate of 1/min, which is  roughly 1,440/day.  I am working on a white paper explaining a theory of monetary value via economic utility which puts forth a thesis for why SolarCoin or any token given a finite number can represent economic value if enough participants engage in its use.  Hope to have the paper out in 3-4 weeks time.  The general thesis involves the economic utility of a currency and the network effects of having more participants using it.  Basically, more users equates more places/people to spend/trade currency and goods with which increases economic utility.  

Bitcoin with a $5b market cap and lets say 5m users (using the term lightly) means each users creates/supports $1,000 in economic utility.    With say 34m SolarCoins in place a $20 utility would require X users. (X is estimated and varies non-linearly) as a function of the network scaling factor.  If it is metcalf's N^2 then 250k users would each produce roughly $330 each and 25k users would produce $33 in value each. at $33/user * 25k users=$8.25million/SLR 34million=$0.24/coin. (huge caveats on the multiplier network utility effect).  the other factor aftecting price is speculative value which is the buy in the hopes of prices going up crowd.  The foundation is interested in cultivating long term economic activity of users first and foremost.

lots of "looseness" in the model, but you get the idea.  25k users isn't a lot relative to a solar community and associates that is probably in excess of 500k employed http://www.irena.org/Publications/rejobs-annual-review-2014.pdf  and well over 2m globally aware or engaged as consumers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_power_by_country

Nick

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: