Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:24:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466757 times)
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:01:44 PM

To be honest i would rather have the staking rate even lower to help with inflation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Epiphany

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 10:53:05 PM

We're back on the "profitable" list at CoinMine.pw  Wink Difficulty is up but it looks like the bots can handle any dumping that comes along.  Cheesy

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 10:59:29 PM

Is it just me or is anyone else having fun watching the bots, trying to figure out how they "think"? hehe They're bouncin' around all over the place sometimes!

cryptex.biz

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 02:51:51 AM

HI we added Solar coin to Cryptex,
https://cryptex.biz/market/116

but now we are not sure if we on the correct version

this thread title says v2, however the download link is v1.5,
and the github link https://github.com/solarcoin/solarcoin/tree/reward-reduction  diddnt compile, some currupt file errors.
But we were able to compile the root source @ https://github.com/solarcoin/solarcoin/ which was  [version] => 1050000

Upon testing, were able to mine 5 blocks on the v1.5 QT, while 25 were orphans, however we successfully deposited those 5 to the daemon at Cryptex.

we are up to the same block as http://blockexplorer.solarcoin.org/
 Grin

Cryptex Exchange:  http://cryptex.biz
cryptex.biz

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 03:03:43 AM

btw the explorer @ http://blockexplorer.solarcoin.org/ has been hacked. upon checking a transation, it just returns:

"We hacked Abe. A lot."

Cryptex Exchange:  http://cryptex.biz
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 05:30:17 AM

btw the explorer @ http://blockexplorer.solarcoin.org/ has been hacked. upon checking a transation, it just returns:

"We hacked Abe. A lot."

Click under search results on the clickable transaction link. I don't know why you need to go the extra step, but if it can find your trans. it'll be there.

sylph93

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 05:54:30 AM

HI we added Solar coin to Cryptex,
https://cryptex.biz/market/116

but now we are not sure if we on the correct version

this thread title says v2, however the download link is v1.5,
and the github link https://github.com/solarcoin/solarcoin/tree/reward-reduction  diddnt compile, some currupt file errors.
But we were able to compile the root source @ https://github.com/solarcoin/solarcoin/ which was  [version] => 1050000

Upon testing, were able to mine 5 blocks on the v1.5 QT, while 25 were orphans, however we successfully deposited those 5 to the daemon at Cryptex.

we are up to the same block as http://blockexplorer.solarcoin.org/
 Grin

V2 is actually not a wallet version. That means that Solarcoin will have transition to PoS version V2. (POSV from RDD coin).

The current wallet version is V1.5.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
mazzaneo

Activity: 300

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:43:55 AM

So we're dealing with the price manipulation... again!

I wonder who if it's our ghost?

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 10:16:28 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2014, 10:27:05 AM by Epiphany

So we're dealing with the price manipulation... again!

I wonder who if it's our ghost?

My first thought was "why would someone not want the price to go up?" Rather than apply some negative intention to them, I started to think of other options. Perhaps they are simply using their stack in a low volume environment to manipulate the bots in order to make trade profits? When that 33,000 wall went up last night a 10,000 bid was posted at the same time 1 satoshi lower. That bid got filled at 2799 (the high) so if he can manipulate the bots to lower prices and stays on the offer side with a wall, he will have essentially made money from the sale of the 10,000 when people start taking out the wall at lower prices and he buys back other offers at lower prices. It's a big risk though if someone comes along and takes out his big wall... If he was being truly nefarious, he'd have sold all the way down to 1300.  Cheesy But that wasn't the choice, so maybe that's all this is? A short seller?

I've decided not to freak out about it and appreciate the fact that he is actively offering lower prices for new investors to get in. I may not be personally in line with his particular trading strategy but it's all part of the SolarCoin journey we're on together, why not make the most of it? Buy up his sell wall, afford him a little profit and continue the path upward with all of the little bumps in the road that come with it.  Smiley

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 12:24:21 PM

Actually it looks like he is using the stack to push the sell bots lower, maybe just trying to get in at a better price!  Grin

I gotta get me some bots... They look like a lot of fun, but they're not real bright are they?  Roll Eyes

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 01:28:31 PM

OK, one more post and then I promise to zip it for a while!  Cheesy

I'm not the best person to pay attention to when it comes to "price" because I am of the opinion that anything less than 5000 sats at this stage is a steal. If I had the money, I'd buy it all the way up to there because that's where I personally think it should be. So... take everything I say with a grain of salt because I am absolutely biased in my position regarding the future of SolarCoin.

The market will ultimately decide as a whole. All we can do is keep taking the steps necessary to grow the network of users.

I love LuckyKey's suggestion regarding a flyer and gifts through a website. If there were a flyer, I'd print a pile off and go visit the local solar installers and see if I could get them to send them out to their clients. In my Province, you don't see solar anywhere which is a frustration in and of itself. If there were, I'd happily pop flyers into people's mailboxes!  Cheesy So for me, the only real way to grow locally would be to take something like that to the installers themselves, explain to them what SolarCoin is, maybe offer them a gift of 10,000 to play with if they were interested and watch what happens. It seems that's all most any of us can do at this point to spread the word to a wider audience that is our target market.

I think this approach will be easier once PoS is implemented because then we can add in the benefits of earning small amounts of interest on their coins if they keep the wallet open and staking. This is the kind of idea most people not involved in crypto can relate to. I have a plan in place already to meet with a Chief of a First Nations reserve here in the Province so I can present a "big idea" kind of project for them but I have been holding off until PoS is in place to make my job a little easier.

We can all come up with ideas to grow the network that fit within our own particular circumstances. That's what makes this fun!  Kiss

nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 03:46:44 PM

"We hacked Abe. A lot."

The ABE source was refactored to make it cleaner and more in line with an MVM model.

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 03:47:13 PM

Well it's not really price manipulation right now.

We are in a meltdown trend thanks to all the scams of Altcoins.  

Mintpal bankruptcy after the wonderful Mt Gox scandal...  Poloniex exchange DDoS attacks and also several instances of lost coins.  Bittrex selling scam ICO/ITO offerings...  Bots...  Pump n dump groups...  The list keeps going on and on and on...

Dan Metcalf - highly respected cryptocurrency programmer was accused of some pretty hefty things and after reading through all the info, it could quite possibly be legitimate.

Either way after all these downward spiral events, we are at the turning point where people are no longer trusting altcoins due to the greedy few that have truly screwed the system...

There is a long road ahead for Bitcoin, but an even longer road ahead for altcoins.  You can see the crash happening, looking at every altcoin.  Volume is gone, price is gone, and the downward trend will continue...  For how long, who knows.

The few good coins that are legitimate and have a good community, like solarcoin, will survive the storm, but the scar in the system will remain...

The future of altcoins is a giant black cloud right now....  I will continue holding, as I believe SLR will carry on, but in the near future, it's going to be a roller coaster of a ride...

mazzaneo

Activity: 300

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 03:56:47 PM

Mintpal bankruptcy after the wonderful Mt Gox scandal...  Poloniex exchange DDoS attacks and also several instances of lost coins.  Bittrex selling scam ICO/ITO offerings...  Bots...  Pump n dump groups...  The list keeps going on and on and on...

Dan Metcalf - highly respected cryptocurrency programmer was accused of some pretty hefty things and after reading through all the info, it could quite possibly be legitimate.

Either way after all these downward spiral events, we are at the turning point where people are no longer trusting altcoins due to the greedy few that have truly screwed the system...

There is a long road ahead for Bitcoin, but an even longer road ahead for altcoins.  You can see the crash happening, looking at every altcoin.  Volume is gone, price is gone, and the downward trend will continue...  For how long, who knows.

The few good coins that are legitimate and have a good community, like solarcoin, will survive the storm, but the scar in the system will remain...

The future of altcoins is a giant black cloud right now....  I will continue holding, as I believe SLR will carry on, but in the near future, it's going to be a roller coaster of a ride...
Interesting take... Thanks for that

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 04:02:13 PM

Mazz, it's the truth of the current stage of altcoins.  I read a post somewhere a while back about the "altcoin meltdown".  I was a skeptic, now I am a believer...  It's happening right now.  Too many negative events, new users losing money...  The trust factor has been lost.  Pump n dump groups soon won't have anything to pump which in the long term will be good for altcoins.  Maybe once the pump groups are gone, we can actually see real growth in the real projects, but until then, it's a dark time.

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 04:03:41 PM

I can't stop myself, I'm on a roll so one more post!  Tongue

There is a new dynamic that I'm convinced most people aren't fully conceptualizing right now. So I'll lay it out one more time, if the Dude can figure this stuff out then I'm pretty confidant we all can too.

The miners have left the building!!! Let me repeat in case you missed it: THE MINERS HAVE LEFT THE BUILDING!!! All this time, for months and months, we were getting a bargain basement price thanks to them. They mined and dumped, and mined and dumped, and mined and dumped, for MONTHS! We got used to cheap prices, and rightly so. However, this is no longer the environment we are in. As such, all of those people with all of those low ball bids need to give their heads a shake and ask themselves a serious question:

Is the current market price at a level at which I still want to buy?

If yes, then move the price up. The likelihood of you getting filled at those bargain basement prices now is substantially lower than it was just a few short weeks ago. I won't say non-existant but drastically reduced. The sellers now are not motivated for a quick buck like the miners were and barring some catastrophic event, the risk profile for SolarCoin is still the same, actually improved, since the time you placed those bids in the first place. So you must reconsider the level at which you are willing to buy.

If no, then for the love of all that is good and divine, please take your precious bitcoins and go put them to work somewhere you think they can be useful. Your bids are likely never to get filled, so your money is just sitting there doing nothing.

And with that, I am outta here! I know what you're all thinking though, as the Dude so aptly stated: "Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man."  Wink

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 04:07:38 PM

I read drizzle's last post just after I posted the above and his take on the condition of the altcoin market overall is also important to keep in mind. In fact, it reinforces exactly what I suggested in my own post. Seriously consider where you want to put your money and at what price. It's a wild storm we are in, don't forget!

LuckyKey

Activity: 368

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:40:24 AM

Mazz, it's the truth of the current stage of altcoins.  I read a post somewhere a while back about the "altcoin meltdown".  I was a skeptic, now I am a believer...  It's happening right now.  Too many negative events, new users losing money...  The trust factor has been lost.  Pump n dump groups soon won't have anything to pump which in the long term will be good for altcoins.  Maybe once the pump groups are gone, we can actually see real growth in the real projects, but until then, it's a dark time.

There's no meltdown…more like a shakedown.  Fear mongers are everywhere.

There's always problems with exchanges - people who leave their coins on/in exchanges are nuts!  Most of these exchanges are average Joe's, so why would you trust them?  In-and-out should be everyone's philosophy when using an exchange - get your coins back in your personal wallets / cold storage; at least until a regulated/trusted body gets involved.

There are some dumb/junk coins. It's time some of them went away.

Do your DD when choosing coins, specifically when it comes to the people behind them. This is what attracted me to solarcoin. Solid purpose/goal. Transparency. A charter. A team. A move to incorporation, non-profit. Nick. Educated professionals/volunteers backing/moving the cause.

I don't think programmers should drive the progress of a coin. Solarcoin has a Foundation, that needs to make the decisions. The technology development (blockchain) is the vehicle, but the developers do not drive it….that's just wrong, and too risky. I would be very weary of putting my money in a place that operates like that.

The cream will rise to the top in this space - and there are some great coins that are moving forward.  The strong will always survive.  I wouldn't sell anything right now.  I'm holding strong…and buying where the weak are giving.
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 02:27:26 AM

I can't stop myself, I'm on a roll so one more post!  Tongue

There is a new dynamic that I'm convinced most people aren't fully conceptualizing right now. So I'll lay it out one more time, if the Dude can figure this stuff out then I'm pretty confidant we all can too.

The miners have left the building!!! Let me repeat in case you missed it: THE MINERS HAVE LEFT THE BUILDING!!! All this time, for months and months, we were getting a bargain basement price thanks to them. They mined and dumped, and mined and dumped, and mined and dumped, for MONTHS! We got used to cheap prices, and rightly so. However, this is no longer the environment we are in. As such, all of those people with all of those low ball bids need to give their heads a shake and ask themselves a serious question:

Is the current market price at a level at which I still want to buy?

If yes, then move the price up. The likelihood of you getting filled at those bargain basement prices now is substantially lower than it was just a few short weeks ago. I won't say non-existant but drastically reduced. The sellers now are not motivated for a quick buck like the miners were and barring some catastrophic event, the risk profile for SolarCoin is still the same, actually improved, since the time you placed those bids in the first place. So you must reconsider the level at which you are willing to buy.

If no, then for the love of all that is good and divine, please take your precious bitcoins and go put them to work somewhere you think they can be useful. Your bids are likely never to get filled, so your money is just sitting there doing nothing.

And with that, I am outta here! I know what you're all thinking though, as the Dude so aptly stated: "Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man."  Wink

The Dude had a lot of wisdom.  Kind of like offerings from a Zen Koan found at the bottom of a White Russian glass.

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 03:16:03 AM

"Turn those machines back on"  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: