Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:26:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466748 times)
terciops

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:27:04 PM

Wow we took another big hit today on Bittrex
Fairly understandable really.  The miners have lost interest bye and bye, and without the POS wallet in place SLR is drifting sideways.  If it wasn't for Jupiter2014 putting 141 Mhash into the mining the difficulty would be at or  below 1.0.  With only BOTs doing any trading you can expect quite large shifts in the price until that POS wallet comes out.

Not much to do except wait....

SLR - 8dNrncD6mBWzPPQLMRqmk9oCxoC9N7Xfev

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Alao

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 08:23:59 PM

If you can't beat'em join them!!!!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=507103.0

I have a small stack so i'm going to take a crack at it.  Try to figure out a way to drive up the price  Wink

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
Epiphany

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 08:24:13 PM

The last few weeks have proved that the price is only reflecting an idea in its infancy. If people valued the new idea and demand picked up more, the price would go up and miners would come back. Yet that hasn't happened. It will be the same with the PoS structure. Until we see action on the idea (i.e. an increase in generators claiming coins), I don't think we'll see much of an uptick in price in the short term, even when the wallet algorithm changes.

Even I fell victim to the expectations trap!  Shocked

It's an interesting chicken & egg scenario. Cheesy I think we all had expectations of a price increase solely as a result of making changes to the algorithm even though the only goal of changing the algorithm was to reduce risk on the network to support the price as it naturally goes up. Soon we will have a safer algorithm in place to support growing the network (and eventually price) but it still comes back to the mission of getting coins into generators hands, that IS the point of SolarCoin. And, as we are all aware, that sort of thing doesn't happen overnight, especially when almost everyone involved thinks the only people qualified to grow the network are those involved with the "Foundation". We can all choose to play a larger role, we don't need their permission to do it. The foundation is already there and it isn't about individuals, it's about all of us as a network. As soon as we clue into that, the better off we'll be.  Roll Eyes

Right now most people are classical "investors". Throw some money at something and expect others to do all the work to make it happen and then when nothing happens, rage against the machine. The thing about cryptocurrency that we need recognize and accept is the fact that we are all cogs in that machine and if it's gonna move we can't just sit back and expect everyone else to do all the work.

And now we are back to the same place we were before, the price is not reflecting the value of the idea. The idea needs to be acted upon more robustly and show signs of becoming a reality first before price will follow. Securing the network via PoS is just one of the first steps the community felt was important to make, i.e. secure the network before coin distribution starts to pick up. The PoS algorithm should keep the technology of the blockchain current for long enough that focus can be paid again to the Mission, thus the current holding pattern. I expect once that hurdle is cleared in the next week or so, advancement towards acting on the mission will continue, hopefully by more of us than just Nick and Joe.

That's my humble opinion.  Kiss

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
LuckyKey

Activity: 368

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:58:10 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2014, 01:00:11 AM by LuckyKey

The last few weeks have proved that the price is only reflecting an idea in its infancy. If people valued the new idea and demand picked up more, the price would go up and miners would come back. Yet that hasn't happened. It will be the same with the PoS structure. Until we see action on the idea (i.e. an increase in generators claiming coins), I don't think we'll see much of an uptick in price in the short term, even when the wallet algorithm changes.

Even I fell victim to the expectations trap!  Shocked

It's an interesting chicken & egg scenario. Cheesy I think we all had expectations of a price increase solely as a result of making changes to the algorithm even though the only goal of changing the algorithm was to reduce risk on the network to support the price as it naturally goes up. Soon we will have a safer algorithm in place to support growing the network (and eventually price) but it still comes back to the mission of getting coins into generators hands, that IS the point of SolarCoin. And, as we are all aware, that sort of thing doesn't happen overnight, especially when almost everyone involved thinks the only people qualified to grow the network are those involved with the "Foundation". We can all choose to play a larger role, we don't need their permission to do it. The foundation is already there and it isn't about individuals, it's about all of us as a network. As soon as we clue into that, the better off we'll be.  Roll Eyes

Right now most people are classical "investors". Throw some money at something and expect others to do all the work to make it happen and then when nothing happens, rage against the machine. The thing about cryptocurrency that we need recognize and accept is the fact that we are all cogs in that machine and if it's gonna move we can't just sit back and expect everyone else to do all the work.

And now we are back to the same place we were before, the price is not reflecting the value of the idea. The idea needs to be acted upon more robustly and show signs of becoming a reality first before price will follow. Securing the network via PoS is just one of the first steps the community felt was important to make, i.e. secure the network before coin distribution starts to pick up. The PoS algorithm should keep the technology of the blockchain current for long enough that focus can be paid again to the Mission, thus the current holding pattern. I expect once that hurdle is cleared in the next week or so, advancement towards acting on the mission will continue, hopefully by more of us than just Nick and Joe.

That's my humble opinion.  Kiss

It's a good opinion.  Wink

Personally, I think we also need to tap into the potential investor/promoter/supporter that exists for the good of the cause; not necessarily a solar producer (which will be the backbone of the coin); people who might like to get involved or promote the cryptocurrency, even though they may not be able to produce the energy.  IMHO, there is a large number of potential wallets in this space.

I'm coming back to my idea of the coin giveaway site. I'm going to throw out some ideas, and maybe others can lend their thoughts.

The basic premise, is to build a site that allows/provides a vehicle for those who want to get involved and distribute the message. It would be the collection or distribution site, where people could come to claim coins. The site could:

- manage personal donation wallets that contain coins for potential claims
- provide the ability for site Users to control a personal donation wallet, where coins could be deposited for potential giveaways
- the ability for Users to check their personal wallet balances, and see any claim details
- provide the User a sequence of auto-generated unique codes that allow potential Users to visit the site and claim coins
- provide a User interface within the site, where the person giving away the coins can define how many potential giveaways (codes) they want to generate, and how many coins per giveaway they would like to distribute (satoshis level, if desired)…not all of the flyers that may contain the codes would be claimed. Note: the donator could have more than 1 giveaway; i.e. some may be special, where the number of coins given away may be larger for one lot of codes.
- a deadline for the giveaway (a timeframe when the offer expires)
- provide the ability to auto build flyers, that contain basic information about the coin (web site/mission/cause/how to get a wallet/etc.), maybe some cool graphics, an auto generated code per flyer, the url to come and claim the coins/code. *** This feature is a biggie. It's also be nice to auto-produce a large pdf doc, with multiple flyers/pages, with a unique code on each one.  Maybe a multiple PDF options (?), so that people could email one or more to their friends or if any PV vendor or other solar manufacturer that may have an email list where the site could autosend an email flyer for promotion?
- accept the User input of 2 fields to claim the coins : code from flyer and coin wallet id

Again, I am over-worked and tired, and my mind is not too clear…but I am throwing thoughts out there.  I think if everyone started their own promotional campaign, it could be a huge take-off for solarcoin. Even 10k of solarcoins in a fund like this, where you could send a flyer out with 5 slr for each code, and 2000 flyers, would potentially bring in a few dozen/hundred new Users/wallets?

Let me know if anyone thinks something like this makes sense….or not.  lol

corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:34:18 AM

I've spoken to many people about SLR on the IRC. It turns out a few of them are waiting for incorporation so they can offer their services and get a tax break. So don't worry about it, follow the plan and have patience.

LuckyKey

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:56:39 AM

Some cheap coins out there for the taking!
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 01:04:57 AM

I think that's a cool idea Lucky. I'd send 10k SLR to help fund that. Perhaps more!  Grin

LuckyKey

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:37:48 AM

I think that's a cool idea Lucky. I'd send 10k SLR to help fund that. Perhaps more!  Grin

Anybody make any progress with a flyer?  If so, maybe I can use it (somehow) in the giveaway site?
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:48:03 AM

Anybody make any progress with a flyer?  If so, maybe I can use it (somehow) in the giveaway site?

I have been slacking.  Im not that good at it but i do want to try to make one hopefully very soon.
LuckyKey

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:51:15 AM

I have been slacking.  Im not that good at it but i do want to try to make one hopefully very soon.

Yeah, me too…have to find some time next week to dive into the web site and the flyer creation Smiley
LuckyKey

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:05:36 AM

How's the PoSV code update progressing?
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:47:20 AM

How about something like this

http://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy04osti/35297.pdf

http://image.slidesharecdn.com/publication1-12997526645395-phpapp01/95/renewable-energy-flyer-1-728.jpg?cb=1299752751

mazzaneo

Activity: 300

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:33:48 AM

It would be interesting to know just how much Solarcoin our Ghost trader has, seems like a never ending supply

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Snake Pliskin

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:16:51 AM

It would be interesting to know just how much Solarcoin our Ghost trader has, seems like a never ending supply

They will run out soon, not many selling at the moment and they are the same person who always has the sell box, try it bump the buy price up and watch the top selling one disappear.

I have bee trying for days to try and keep the price up to stop them making a profit, they have to be running either C.A.T or Quataloo, hopefully they will move on soon.  Angry

mazzaneo

Activity: 300

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:21:37 AM

They will run out soon, not many selling at the moment and they are the same person who always has the sell box, try it bump the buy price up and watch the top selling one disappear.

I have bee trying for days to try and keep the price up to stop them making a profit, they have to be running either C.A.T or Quataloo, hopefully they will move on soon.  Angry

If people are not selling, I, not sure how he is making money from this. He is just selling his solarcoin stake surely. For this to be effective shouldn't he have the ability to buy low and sell high? If all the buyers are hoarding them where is his liquidity coming from?

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
dbstmddhks

Activity: 523

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 11:43:17 AM

If people are not selling, I, not sure how he is making money from this. He is just selling his solarcoin stake surely. For this to be effective shouldn't he have the ability to buy low and sell high? If all the buyers are hoarding them where is his liquidity coming from?

People just sell this coin that is all.

All the people here say 'this is really good coin!!'

But the buy wall is real small volume.

And wallet update is delayed without any notification

And foundation is also quite.

That is the real of solarcoin

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 12:14:57 PM

The trouble with short-selling is when you get caught short...

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 03:07:34 PM

If nothing else, the volume is certainly impressive! Almost 1 million SLR changed hands in the last 24 hours. Maybe it's a cleansing.  Grin

vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:04:30 PM

If nothing else, the volume is certainly impressive! Almost 1 million SLR changed hands in the last 24 hours. Maybe it's a cleansing.  Grin

Yup was thinking the same thing. Grin
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 04:20:10 PM

Congrats, SLR made the first page on Bittrex.  Don't think I have seen it there before.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: