Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:15:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466757 times)
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 03:38:40 AM

All the best to everyone in 2015!  Smiley

I don't know why, but that just put a huge grin on my face. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sylph93

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 12:11:25 PM

Any news about wallet update?

It's been ages, hasn't it?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 05:45:37 PM

Any news about wallet update?

It's been ages, hasn't it?

Yeah it's been a bit. Well I'm having fun anyway, mining even at 1 slr per block reward with 18 MH/s Smiley

corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 07:28:15 AM

This is what solarcoin needs, but it'll be some time before it's ready to handle the traffic:

https://www.gocoin.com/

corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 08:44:25 AM

Alright, I have to admit, it may be fun mining but at 700 watts and lots of noise it's starting to get old. It would be amazing if PoS could start any minute now. Smiley Wink Wink, nudge nudge, say no more.

Epiphany

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 03:14:56 PM

Alright, I have to admit, it may be fun mining but at 700 watts and lots of noise it's starting to get old. It would be amazing if PoS could start any minute now. Smiley Wink Wink, nudge nudge, say no more.

Agreed... I'm not sure what the hold up is. Hopefully the CCN team can fill us in on the status as it's in their hands at the moment. Smiley

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 08:10:27 PM

Agreed... I'm not sure what the hold up is. Hopefully the CCN team can fill us in on the status as it's in their hands at the moment. Smiley

Hasnt been the same since u left the board.  Undecided
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 09:56:47 PM

Hasnt been the same since u left the board.  Undecided

I didn't leave the board. I was never on a board. I was asked to join the Board whenever it became established. I said yes but then changed my mind. There was no "Board" for me to have left...  Roll Eyes

I am, however, still very much a part of the SolarCoin Foundation, just like everyone else here is. Cheesy

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 10:32:15 PM

Just reading the CCN thread, I can see now why they've been busy for the past week. Now that they have fixed it, perhaps they'll have the time to finish the work for us.  Kiss

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740903.msg9969005#msg9969005

lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 02:03:53 AM

Hi everybody and Happy New Year for 2015.

I definitely agree with Corather here on this point.

"I don't know. I think the easiest way to move solarcoin around between the typical consumer is probably something like a prypto card with valuations suited for the solar industry, at least on the business level, give them something tangible. A card they can scan and see a transaction without having to go through the trouble of actually running a wallet since all the data is already on the blockchain."

I had some more discussions in Japan with large multinational trading companies and they are concerned about the wallet security and who will own the coins inside their firm. So the "prypto card" is a good idea. I also used blockchain.info a lot for Bitcoin and i feel an easy way to use SolarCoin on smartphones. So technologies like Paybase or Blockchain.info are necessary. At least for us to show the solar industry something real and easy to understand. Like, "hey here are your solarcoins, scan them, ok, send them here instantly without loading up a full wallet on a laptop." kind of conversation and demonstration.

An update to my other project #solarcoinalphaproject.

We had some issues with the lack of MODBUS protocol on the charge controller hardware, so we need to login to our system at the moment every few days. We are ordering a new charge controller that runs MODBUS/MODBUS TCPIP and this will allow direct link to the cloud.

I am also still writing the research paper about 2 months of trial data. It has run continually for 2 months.

-lfloorwalker

p.s. our radiation sensor example output

picture upload sites

Let's study Paycoin (XPY).

It's now #4 at Coinmarketcap. (http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/paycoin2/)

It's very young coin, about 1 week old.
However, there are lots of buy support because their own payment gateway, Paybase will let people trade at fixed price of 20$.

To do so, GAW miner, the founder of Paycoin, made dedicated plan with sophisticated ideas.

1. huge amount of premine and sold it to merchants, investors.

2. fast transition from PoW to PoS

3. Paybase (www.paybase.com)

4. Orion controller (will work like Darkcoin master node)

How about Solarcoin?

At least, we need something like Paybase to hit out target price 20$. Smiley

Paybase would be amazing, however paycoin is targeted towards the consumer. Solarcoins best route of action for quicker merchant adoption would be to craft an easier way for acceptance by solar technology companies, installers, and dealers, that's our target audience. At the same time it has to be as easy to use as a credit card or gift card. It needs these things because it's still like every other crypto out there, unknown and difficult to use by the masses.

That being said, GAW purchased companies that developed these systems to integrate with the visa network, and added some crypto currency magic in between and they already have a huge base of investors. There's also a large investment firm backing Paycoin with a (20 dollar) floor. The currency is designed to create income through volume transactions on normal every day purchases.

I don't know. I think the easiest way to move solarcoin around between the typical consumer is probably something like a prypto card with valuations suited for the solar industry, at least on the business level, give them something tangible. A card they can scan and see a transaction without having to go through the trouble of actually running a wallet since all the data is already on the blockchain.

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 02:52:00 AM

If we can do something like http://uro.io/nuro_webapp/##mainsub this is True-asset's technology, the brain behind much of the coding for Urocoin and related applications. It's a web based wallet that is completely secure. There is no database, it's all 100% blockchain. Your username, password and pin code are used to create your unique urocoin web wallet address. If Solarcoin had something like this, it would go a long way to solving those security and trade issues, wouldn't even need a prypto card. Smiley

lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 06:15:26 AM

Hi Corather,

I wasn't able to see the link you posted properly http://uro.io/nuro_webapp/##mainsub t. I tried 2 browsers but the Uro.io website only has a few options that you posted and I am not sure if it is 100% working.

Thanks.
-lfloorwalker

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 06:52:58 AM

Hi Corather,

I wasn't able to see the link you posted properly http://uro.io/nuro_webapp/##mainsub t. I tried 2 browsers but the Uro.io website only has a few options that you posted and I am not sure if it is 100% working.

Thanks.
-lfloorwalker

Oops, the website is a little finnicky at the moment, this should work: http://uro.io/nuro_webapp/

IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 02:12:13 AM

Happy New Year to everyone!!  Can't wait to see what 2015 brings to all this crypto madness and of course for SLR:-)
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 12:51:08 PM

Happy New Year everyone! Smiley

Here's a fun numerology prediction about the coming year... since SLR addresses begin with an 8. Wink

The year 2015 is an 8 Universal Year in Numerology. The number 8 is considered the number of money and power, which is true, to some extent. However, the essence of the 8, first and foremost, is balance. (Like all symbols, including letters and numbers, its shape tells you much about its nature -- the 8 stays upright only when it is in balance.)

Balance is missing when one scale is loaded too heavily and the other too lightly. The most dangerous imbalance today is, without a doubt, between our enormous technological advances versus our almost imperceptibly growing awareness of human and moral values. Mankind today is like a little kid with a Ferrari: immature, and holding the keys to very dangerous toys.

Other growing imbalances exist between the rich and the poor, the tolerant and the intolerant, the powerful and the helpless. The list goes on. Almost every aspect of humanity reveals widening gaps between one side and the other.

Bringing back balance

The year 2015 will rectify some of this imbalance by adding to the light side of the scale while removing excess from the heavy side. Since this is an 8 year, it will affect the economy most predominately. The global economy will catch the brunt of the 8's push for balance, and it will not be an easy time for many people. Expect the financial markets to experience ups and downs that will make investors and economists dizzy.

The 8 will seek balance in other areas too. The call for gender equality and gay rights will get louder, the fight against racism will intensify, and moderates will begin to speak more vehemently against religious extremism. Even the U.S. and other countries that have been relatively stable will begin moving toward a type of civil unrest not seen in a hundred years. Countries that are more fairly balanced, with a large middle class, a high level of tolerance, and minimal corruption, will remain relatively stable. Western Europe and Scandinavia fit that category, although their economy, too, will feel the squeeze.

Expect powers to continue to shift. Countries that have been ruled for centuries by small, powerful factions will rise up to force changes. China and Russia will be forced to deal with their power structures as well.

If you feel that much of this has already started, you are correct. However, where the main culprit in 2014 was religious extremism and political ideology, as is to be expected during a 7 Universal Year, this 8 Year will see turmoil arising from -- and affecting mostly -- the economy and issues of justice and fairness.

I am aware that my prediction seems full of doom and gloom, and this is true for the short term. The long term looks much better, because humanity as a whole is maturing ... albeit too slow for our comfort.

The heart of humanity

For a thousand years, from 1000 through 1999, every calendar year and every person's birth year started with the number 1, the number of individuality and independence (the positive side of the 1), as well as aggression and egotism (the negative side).

Fifteen years ago, in 2000 AD, humanity began a thousand year range during which every calendar year and every new person's birth year would begin with a 2, the number of brotherhood/sisterhood and peace, as well as separation and greed.

As thousand-year cycles go, a shift from one cycle to the next is extremely gradual and takes decades. (Only those younger than fifteen currently have a 2 as the first number in their birth year. It will take at least a hundred years before this applies to everyone.) In addition, the outgoing number tends to peak several decades before it ends, and can last quite a few years after the end of its term, as if the fading number insists on going out with a bang.

Looking back on the last thousand years, from a very wide perspective, we note growing individualism, a need for independence, and devastating acts of aggression (with two world wars during the last century).

The recent arrival of the 2 will shift the focus toward unity and peace on one hand (the positive side of the 2), and separation and greed on the other (the negative).

This millennium, with the number 2 as its only constant, we are on a path to peace, tolerance, unity and cooperation. And it will happen sooner rather than later, not because our politicians or our business and religious leaders push us in that direction, but because we are conscious, and because we have been blessed with such qualities as understanding, generosity, sacrifice, love, and compassion. Those qualities, slowly but surely, will bring us the peace and stability we want.

http://www.tarot.com/numerology/2015-predictions

mazzaneo

Activity: 300

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 04:33:31 PM

Happy New Year All!

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 07:41:09 PM

Happy New Year All!

2015 Year of the SolarCoin elephant.
http://solarcoin.org/over-2m-in-claimable-solarcoin-available-globally/

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
hozer

Activity: 271
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 06:35:13 AM

Let's study Paycoin (XPY).

It's now #4 at Coinmarketcap. (http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/paycoin2/)

Whitepaper (https://c91475e716c8925e05c6-d2659d433205cf4410415f8dd63807af.ssl.cf5.rackcdn.com/paycoinwhitepaper.pdf)

It's very young coin, about 1 week old.
However, there are lots of buy support because their own payment gateway, Paybase will let people trade at fixed price of 20$.

To do so, GAW miner, the founder of Paycoin, made dedicated plan with sophisticated ideas.

1. huge amount of premine and sold it to merchants, investors.

2. fast transition from PoW to PoS

3. Paybase (www.paybase.com)

4. Orion controller (will work like Darkcoin master node)

How about Solarcoin?

At least, we need something like Paybase to hit out target price 20$. Smiley  

This is kinda funny reading this now.

I think they might have had a chance, if they put a big sellwall at $20 and then sat on the cash to establish a floor at say $5. But that wouldn't buy any yachts or private islands.

Now let's go back to solarcoin. Personally, I think what's going to drive lots of distributed solar installations over the next 15 years is electrical demand for proof-of-work mining to secure distributed equity & commodities commodities trading (such as on counterparty), with one of those commodities being solar energy, which ties in solarcoin somehow. I also expect there will be a market for CPU time on the distributed mining infrastructure for algorithmic trading, so that you can write code that forecasts solar irradiance and make money by buying & selling solar energy futures on the real-time power markets.
Netzer

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 12:51:27 AM

This is my favourite coins, it is the best idea and most viable project among alts.
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:48:11 AM

What's up SolarCoin guys.  Happy New Year

I am looking forward to seeing SolarCoin become a really strong cryptocurrency this year.  Thanks for the patience with us.  I have a question for you guys.  Has your community used some of the pre-mined funds for development?  I haven't followed the thread too closely so I'm not sure if you guys have talked about this before. 

The Bitcoins and Gravy guy hit @CCNProject up on Twitter after your interview, but I think everyone's pretty busy right now. 

So I hope you guys had a Merry Christmas.  I've got some fun ideas in the back of my mind for SolarCoin, but I'll have to share them another time.  Cheers
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: