Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:43:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question (Serious Answers Please)  (Read 872 times)
barrybit (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:03:56 AM

Guys, I am just a newbie here and I know this site is full of trolls, scammers, hagglers etc.

I bumped into some post saying a certain site is a scam.
Anyway, the site posted that this guy has been harassing them for btc and if they will not give, he will create a riot on the site.

The thing is, he openly admitted that he broke the rules and he will stop scamming if he will be given the btc.

I posted the pictures:

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/ericatan87/Screenshots/bmb_ref_scam_zps059ac9ad.png

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/ericatan87/bmb_scam2_zpsc3097f71.png

I do not know the complete details about what happened but what I see on the pictures is pretty clear. Someone did not get what he wanted and threatened the site.

I just want to ask the advice of the community on how to deal with people like this.
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:43:22 AM

Ignore them
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4485

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:51:57 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2014, 09:51:48 AM by franky1

investigate the account named 'infinity' and check the referrals which that account done. see if it generated any true customers,
if the account named infinity has helped generate proper customers and made you profit, then it is only fair you reward them.

if the account is found to have generated fake referrals or the advertising done by 'infinity' was done poorly, then you can try a few options(ordered preferentially):
1. after showing the account holder how the account 'infinity' also bent/broke the rules, ignore and dont pay out.
2. offer that account a second chance to do it properly/fairly, only then would you release the 0.4 along with any other reward earned after doing it fairly.
3. pay out like a scarred cat.
3. antagonize the situation further (im being sarcastic with this option, dont do it)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
zetaray

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 09:14:33 AM

0.3btc is not a lot to pay if it really gets the site out of trouble. But if you pay him, you will make a statement that bending rules are ok, and there is no guarantee he will not do it again under another identity. I would not trust any promises made by scammers. If you are confident about your site's security, I would ignore him and stand up to your principles.

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping
DaveSaldana123

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

A.K.A The Black Marvel

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 01:06:28 PM

investigate the account named 'infinity' and check the referrals which that account done. see if it generated any true customers,
if the account named infinity has helped generate proper customers and made you profit, then it is only fair you reward them.

if the account is found to have generated fake referrals or the advertising done by 'infinity' was done poorly, then you can try a few options(ordered preferentially):
1. after showing the account holder how the account 'infinity' also bent/broke the rules, ignore and dont pay out.
2. offer that account a second chance to do it properly/fairly, only then would you release the 0.4 along with any other reward earned after doing it fairly.
3. pay out like a scarred cat.
3. antagonize the situation further (im being sarcastic with this option, dont do it)

Yeah, ive read this concern too. So the forum won do anything about the guy? I mean.. No negative trust? or what?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: