Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:33:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014-09-16 CoinFinance: Going Dark: Decentralizing The Future  (Read 624 times)
Techman246 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:26:34 PM

Recently, I have been curious about the new forms of decentralized “everything” that have been popping up. I have been listening to podcasts, reading articles, and experimenting myself with some of these technologies that have the capability to change the world.

Tor
Okay. so, I have been a user of Tor for quite a while. I have used it mainly to blast through institutional firewalls as if they were wet toilet paper but I have recently found that I am using Tor to avoid over-bearing institutions such as the U.S NSA or the British GCHQ. Tor is a great way to preserve internet freedom and despite what others may think, not everyone uses tor for illegal things. I recently setup a tor relay node on a vps just to see how easy it was to participate in and help strengthen the network. A few hours and a couple youtube videos later and I had a node running.

Read More: http://www.coinfinance.com/news/going-dark-decentralizing-the-future
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: