Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:52:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Al-Qaeda Has Appealed To ISIS To Release British Hostage Alan Henning  (Read 1029 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:01:56 PM

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Al-Qaeda appealed to Isis to release the British hostage Alan Henning because it believed he was an innocent aid worker who was genuinely trying to help suffering Muslims, it can be revealed.

In evidence that the depravity exhibited by Isis is now repelling Muslims of all views and backgrounds, even the terrorist group behind the 11 September attacks on the US in 2001 decided that kidnapping the aid-convoy volunteer was a step too far.

Mr Henning, a taxi driver from Eccles, Salford, was so moved by the plight of Muslims in Syria that he decided to miss last Christmas with his wife and two children and travel 4,000 miles to deliver medical equipment to refugees holed up in the town of Al-Dana.

A local commander – or emir – of Jabhat al-Nusra, the al-Qaeda affiliate in Syria, visited his then-allies in Isis four days after Mr Henning, 47, was captured. The emir confronted the kidnappers, arguing that their actions were “wrong under Islamic law” and “counter-productive”, according to a journalist who interviewed the man immediately after the encounter.

Mr Kareem said: “I spoke to the emir from Jabhat al-Nusra after he came back. Initially, he was confident that Henning would be released because that is what Isis was saying. But then Henning was removed from his prison in Al-Dana and never heard of again.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/alan-henning-alqaeda-appealed-to-isis-to-release-british-aid-worker-following-kidnap-9734598.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:38:19 PM

You know you are shitty when another terrorist organization is telling you that you're fucked up.

ISIS won't care though. They already executed thousands of innocent people.
wasserman99

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:37:46 AM

You know you are shitty when another terrorist organization is telling you that you're fucked up.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. It is not uncommon for a person to listen to their peers as al-quada is to ISIS.

I would certainly say that the way things are going the ISIS is likely going to eventually be attacked by European countries because countries in Europe are not going to continue to put up with how they are acting and what they are doing.

patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:51:55 AM

I wouldn't be so sure about that. It is not uncommon for a person to listen to their peers as al-quada is to ISIS.

I would certainly say that the way things are going the ISIS is likely going to eventually be attacked by European countries because countries in Europe are not going to continue to put up with how they are acting and what they are doing.

I don't see that countries in Europe would be doing anything about this. Maybe supporting the US in its attack, but not much more :/

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:15:19 AM

It is interesting to see Al-Qaeda being considered different then ISIS.  Can someone please explain the difference between the two.  I get the feeling they have the same goals but are just operating in different areas?  It seems like they're basically a different head of the same beast.
koshgel
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:24:07 AM

One of the countries such as Saudi Arabia needs to step up and put troops on the ground to aid with the air strikes but none of them will nut up because they don't want to help the other side (Sunni/Shiite). Really fucked up and sucks for all the innocent people being killed in the region over religious politics.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:35:21 AM

When Al Qaeda is the voice of moderation
THEN you know ISIS is really extreme by comparison

News of Al-Qaeda’s attempt to save Mr Henning echoes reports that the terror group once led by Osama bin Laden passionately disagrees with the direction taken by Isis, which has quickly taken control of an area the size of Great Britain inside Syria and Iraq.

That said I guess ISIS can say well we took all this land what have you guys done recently
(Sounds like a really messed up spitting war)

I'm actually genuinely surprised that even other terrorist groups (freedom fighters) are supporting his plea here it makes sense and shows that they do have some humanity as well.

# counter
Al Qaeda (Rational extreme)
ISIS (Irrational radical)

One is more on the insane side than the other.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
koshgel
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:06:03 PM

I don't understand what the IS is trying to achieve. The US is trying to avoid being sucked into a ground war but this might turn the public opinion on that. Why entice the most powerful army in the world? Are they that eager for those virgins in heaven?

They are trying to create an Islamic State based on their own fucked up reasoning. There is a power vacuum in the region after all these Arab Uprisings and dictators like Sadaam and Gadaffi being killed. They are taking full advantage.
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:08:50 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 05:21:54 PM by freedomno1

I don't understand what the IS is trying to achieve. The US is trying to avoid being sucked into a ground war but this might turn the public opinion on that. Why entice the most powerful army in the world? Are they that eager for those virgins in heaven?

They are trying to create an Islamic State based on their own fucked up reasoning. There is a power vacuum in the region after all these Arab Uprisings and dictators like Sadaam and Gadaffi being killed. They are taking full advantage.

Pretty much the USA released an even larger can of worms from the ones they destroyed
Taking down Gadaffi was a really bad idea in my opinion as he was issues aside the stabilizing force in that country I can see why they went for him and Saddam but sometimes you need to balance possible outcomes.
Without him things went down and now that power vacuum is creating a giant mess.

Rap news amusingly points this one out
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKRw8GAAtm27q4R3Q0kst_g

koshgel
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:28:56 PM

Pretty much the USA released an even larger can of worms from the ones they destroyed
Taking down Gadaffi was a really bad idea in my opinion as he was issues aside the stabilizing force in that country I can see why they went for him and Saddam but sometimes you need to balance possible outcomes.
Without him things went down and now that power vacuum is creating a giant mess.

Many of the leaders in ISIS were officers from the Libyan military.  Gadaffi and Sadaam were crazy but they held things in order in their country. Simply killing them 'released a larger can of worms' like you said. Funny that rap news points that out but CNN won't mention it.
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:39:58 PM

Many of the leaders in ISIS were officers from the Libyan military.  Gadaffi and Sadaam were crazy but they held things in order in their country. Simply killing them 'released a larger can of worms' like you said. Funny that rap news points that out but CNN won't mention it.

No question they should have thought better about this
On the other hand there was a significant benefit to destabilizing the country and trying to control the oil fields to get an effective discount on Middle Eastern Oil, that said that pretty much backfired. (Although Rap news went with the Ukraine Crisis to point this out not the middle east)

Yah CNN likes to keep some parts out and mention others, I think I heard one mention of how ISIS took all the Iraqi armys weapons when they ran away on mainstream media. And now their sending those weapons back and using them against the ones they gave them. 
Rap news likes to point out the interesting points ^_^.

counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:39:09 AM

One of the countries such as Saudi Arabia needs to step up and put troops on the ground to aid with the air strikes but none of them will nut up because they don't want to help the other side (Sunni/Shiite). Really fucked up and sucks for all the innocent people being killed in the region over religious politics.

Agreed, Saudi Arabia should definitely be putting boots on the ground.  I don't know why this isn't the main goal at this point.  I would be happy to see training in Saudi Arabia and Middle Eastern countries working together to fix this problem.  That is the only logical option and what politicians should be working towards. 
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:28:36 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 05:43:28 AM by freedomno1

Agreed, Saudi Arabia should definitely be putting boots on the ground.  I don't know why this isn't the main goal at this point.  I would be happy to see training in Saudi Arabia and Middle Eastern countries working together to fix this problem.  That is the only logical option and what politicians should be working towards.  

Arming Saudi Arabia sounds interesting then again I don't think they would want to risk a terrorist attack on their oil fields especially if there were a bunch of missile strikes on their facilities.
An underground fire could cause a giant uncontrolled burn in the oil fields and a rapid increase in fuel prices like in Kuwait before.
__

Now for fun stuff
(Homefront that DPRK game got that one right (even though in reality it was supposed to be a China invasion)
http://homefront.wikia.com/wiki/Saudi_Arabia

Worst Case scenario would be something like this.
The loss of territory in Iraq and numerous airstrikes on the homeland proved too much for the Saudis. Due to Iranian aistrikes destroying most of the Arab region's oil wells, pipelines, and refineries, the region's economy collapsed. Around the world, the war wrecked havoc at the gas pump; driving prices up to $20 a gallon due to the greatly reduced global supply, therefor greatly inflating the American dollar etc.
(Were not getting this scenario yet but if ISIS won that sort of battle this is what the gravity of the situation could lead to)

Of course alternate resource discoveries are helping mitigate that threat but the Arabs and the Middle East are still important suppliers in the international system.

Back to reality something similar to this for the Saudis (same country Iraq doing it again)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuwaiti_oil_fires

For amusement ah Homefront
http://homefront.wikia.com/wiki/Oil_Wars

sana8410

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:54:12 AM

The enemy of my enemy is my friend....maybe america should be secretly arming al-Qaeda to help clear up the ISIS problems. Then they can fight them later once they have sorted the problem out.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
hangar18

Activity: 676

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:48:39 AM

http://www.vox.com/cards/things-about-isis-you-need-to-know/what-is-isis

ISIS and al-Qaeda divorced in February 2014. "Over the years, there have been many signs that the relationship between al Qaeda Central (AQC) and the group's strongest, most unruly franchise was strained," Barack Mendelsohn, a political scientist at Haverford College, writes. Their relationship "had always been more a matter of mutual interests than of shared ideology."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: