Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:24:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BCX thinks he could attack Monero (ROFL), major wannabe  (Read 5288 times)
Moneroman88 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:35:34 PM

kill ur crappy shitcoin w/out mercy

Thanks for posting a retarded message that consists of empty words. I repeat BCX can't do shit. If he thinks he can take down Monero he must be thinking he can take down Bitcoin as well. He can't, end of discussion Roll Eyes

Like I said you *won't see anything* happening other than Monero rising in significance and price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Moneroman88 (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:16:59 AM

I thought Moneroman88 was part of the Monero Team as he did indeed try to pass himself as part of the Monero Team.
This is a blatant lie, point me to a post or pm where I try to pass myself as a part of the "team". Stay honest if you want to appear credible.

Furthermore, I have since heard from someone that would know and is credible that this asshole stands a very strong likelihood of being one of my long time friends from "Down Under".
I have to disappoint you, your "someone" is utterly wrong as I'm not from "Down Under".

the weakness that is inherent to XMR and its blockchain
You make this up as such weaknesses are non-existent. Nice try though.

Like I said you *won't see anything* happening other than Monero rising in significance and price.

If I were you I would sell while you still can.
Thanks for the - albeit incompetent - suggestion, I'm acquiring more XMR as we speak, like any smart one would do.
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:26:26 AM

This "drama" makes everyone seem like Pathetic schoolkids. Grow the fuck up moneroman.

I have to applause you for using the "reverse- psychology" method of trolling, where one acts as if they like a coin, while degrading such coin with over enthusiastic posts and attaching a "god stigma" to such coin, which would make everyone get utterly annoyed and begin hating said coin, which is what you're doing to monero.

If anyone can't see that Moneroman is simply trolling monero, then...
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:27:17 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 12:37:39 AM by aminorex

@rpietila, @smooth

Do you also feel this way, that there exist no weakness that can be exploited in Monero?

~BCX~

No sane person thinks this.  "Moneroman88" is a shill account created to defame and deride the Monero project.  BCN was a premine scam, and XMR destroyed their plans.  Ever since then, the shills trolls and disinformation has been deeply obnoxious.

They must have blown their whole wad on the last attack, so now they are calling in more fire-power by trolling you.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Moneroman88 (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:29:03 AM

You're boring, this accusation has been addressed countless times.

Calling me an anti-Monero troll is totally ridiculous as I'm stating the opinions of the XMR Community through my own glasses. You can read my posts and compare with what you find in all major Monero threads and you'll realize that I'm not posting anything significantly dissonant. I'm not doing anything else than posting what I believe, standing for what I assess to be the truth. I'm not trolling, I'm stating what I believe are the very facts. Monero is the best coin.

and I repeat the thread TL;DR to all

Do you seriously in all honesty want to argue that it's *not* ridiculous that BCX thinks and claims he could take down Monero? Do you agree with his wrong-as-fuck assessment that Monero is so "weak" that one man could find an exploit and kill it? This is fucking ridiculous beyond explanation. What a fail.

No sane person thinks this.  "Moneroman88" is a shill account created to defame and deride the Monero project.

You're utterly stupid if you believe BCX could find a weakness that would allow him to take down Monero. This is delusional at its best and anyone who believes this would be an idiot. I have no choice but to facepalm when I read such retarded and arrogant claims that are 100% made up by someone who thinks that he's a powerful man when he obviously isn't.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:32:38 AM

Dude.  A non BCX attack was almost successful.  Your are being stupid ... even for a troll.  Bump it up a notch.

BCX ... I'll be interested in what you find.
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:33:03 AM

You're boring, this accusation has been addressed countless times.

Calling me an anti-Monero troll is totally ridiculous as I'm stating the opinions of the XMR Community through my own glasses. You can read my posts and compare with what you find in all major Monero threads and you'll realize that I'm not posting anything significantly dissonant. I'm not doing anything else than posting what I believe, standing for what I assess to be the truth. I'm not trolling, I'm stating what I believe are the very facts. Monero is the best coin.

and I repeat the thread TL;DR to all

Do you seriously in all honesty want to argue that it's *not* ridiculous that BCX thinks and claims he could take down Monero? Do you agree with his wrong-as-fuck assessment that Monero is so "weak" that one man could find an exploit and kill it? This is fucking ridiculous beyond explanation. What a fail.

No sane person thinks this.  "Moneroman88" is a shill account created to defame and deride the Monero project.

You're utterly stupid if you believe BCX could find a weakness that would allow him to take down Monero. This is delusional at its best and anyone who believes this would be an idiot. I have no choice but to facepalm when I read such retarded and arrogant claims that are 100% made up by someone who thinks that he's a powerful man when he obviously isn't.

There's only two reasons why you're blatantly,"over endorsing" Monero while belitting everyone/everything else.

1) You're using reverse psychology trolling, where you pretend you like a coin by making outlandish posts disregarding everything/everyone else(which in turn would make everyone hate the coin you're trolling i.e monero)

2) You are mentally ill and have gotten extremely over attached to Monero

Your manner of typing is also blatant/obvious trolling, you just repeat the same phrases over and over again. At least troll with some intelligence..
Moneroman88 (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:34:51 AM

Your manner of typing is also blatant/obvious trolling, you just repeat the same phrases over and over again.

a convicted troll and scammer accuses a supporter of another project being a troll, oh the irony. ridiculous.

BCX ... I'll be interested in what you find.

you're a top notch clown if you're actually buying BCX's claim to have found an exploit. What a fucking joke, some people will never learn. BCX great job, your big mouth and arrogant behavior pays off big time, apparently!
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:38:47 AM

No.  His actions have earned him some fearspect.  Personally I think long term health of the coin is strengthened if he probes some.  If he decides to all out attack ... maybe not.

If I recall he's been pretty upfront with the development teams on the situations I remember.  And they were too arrogant to listen/entertain his findings.
Moneroman88 (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:40:24 AM

No.  His actions have earned him some fearspect.  Personally I think long term health of the coin is strengthened if he probes some.  If he decides to all out attack ... maybe not.

If he has actually found an exploit of significant potential harm (extremely unlikely) I say go and post it. If it can help improve Monero even more I'm all for it. But if so privately send it to the team and don't harm XMR.
Willisius

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I'm really quite sane!

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:57:28 AM

Congratulations on getting the BCX audit! Psst...dead coin walking...
amonerorex

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:18:09 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 01:28:18 AM by amonerorex

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=785526.msg8853029#msg8853029
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:39:08 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 02:41:12 AM by smooth

@smooth

Do you also feel this way, that there exist no weakness that can be exploited in Monero?

What part of alpha-level software is unclear?

Moneroman88 is an obvious troll. I have no idea where he came from or what his agenda and/or mental health status might be but he certainly has nothing to do with us.

As for exploits we would obviously prefer that if you discover something you bring it to our attention so it can be corrected. If you want to attack the live network instead, we can't stop you and ultimately if an exploit exists and you don't use it, sooner or later someone else probably will so these things are really unavoidable.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:50:28 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 02:02:41 AM by smooth

@smooth

What part of alpha-level software is unclear?

Moneroman88 is an obvious troll. I have no idea where he came from or what his agenda and/or mental health status might be but he certainly has nothing to do with us.

As for exploits we would obviously prefer that if you discover something you bring it to our attention so it can be corrected. If you want to attack the live network instead, we obviously can't stop you and ultimately if an exploit exists and you use it sooner or later someone else probably will so these things are really unavoidable.

So what about his other rantings, is gmaxwell working with you guys?

gmaxwell has described the cryptonote technology as interesting and basically sound (my words), but is suspicious as we all are about the state of the current code base. He has talked with us on a semiregular basis, he isn't an official part of the project (nor has anyone in a position to make such a statement claimed otherwise).

Anything Moneroman88 says, consider to be his personal opinion and his alone, assuming his mental status is stable enough for such a thing to even make sense, which I don't know to be the case. The same can be said for anyone else for that matter. There only 7 core team members who can speak on behalf of the project.  

We'd also like to take the time to introduce you to our core team (in no particular order) - tacotime, eizh, smooth, fluffypony, othe, davidlatapie, NoodleDoodle

EDIT: I'd add to that the "monero" account which is owned by the project and controlled by several of the above members.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 02:00:15 AM

I respect you and i have noticed that when you say you can attack a coin you probably can. You said some months ago that something you tried on XMR wasnt really that big problem. Is it something new?

But seriously cant you see he is an obvious shill created to play along like he likes XMR in order to irritate others like he does right now? People from monero already said that on his threads....

Anyway, i truly believe that monero is not a scam. I am watching it from day 2. It looks like a worthy try that may fall or not. Obviously it may have a shitone of bugs that we arent aware. But the try doesnt look like a scam to me. So i would really like, if you have time, to post why you think that monero is a scam. I will sincerely think of your advice and decide. Posting two words without explanation is a little bad. Dont you think?

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:12:06 AM

There does appear to be a subset of miners with an optimized mining platform.

For which coin is that not the case? Because I don't know of one.

There are always some miners operating more efficiently than others, and this most certainly includes Bitcoin (might be the worse than most in this regard). The nature of the arms race inherent in Satoshi's design means there will always be people ahead in such a race.
amonerorex

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:21:23 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 02:35:51 AM by amonerorex

I respect you and i have noticed that when you say you can attack a coin you probably can. You said some months ago that something you tried on XMR wasnt really that big problem. Is it something new?

But seriously cant you see he is an obvious shill created to play along like he likes XMR in order to irritate others like he does right now? People from monero already said that on his threads....

Anyway, i truly believe that monero is not a scam. I am watching it from day 2. It looks like a worthy try that may fall or not. Obviously it may have a shitone of bugs that we arent aware. But the try doesnt look like a scam to me. So i would really like, if you have time, to post why you think that monero is a scam. I will sincerely think of your advice and decide. Posting two words without explanation is a little bad. Dont you think?

It does not appear to have the characteristics of a scam.

~BCX~

False.

This was the ONLY occasion some users had a slight advantage,

https://github.com/NoodleDoodleNoodleDoodleNoodleDoodleNoo/bitmonero/commit/3cc45e9324a402aee91e2f46861b2ca393d711aa

the Monero developers quickly secured the code (as you can see above) to put everyone on the same level without optimized platform only within a month or so after launch (yes the monero core member NoodleDoodle mined a little with his optimized miner) but release the patch afterwards and sold them all already cheaply before the price was as expensive as it is today, so he hardly made a profit and everything is distributed. Kudos to them otherwise we would be stuck with crippled scamcoin bytecoins slow hash code

The big miners, who spent around quarter of a million $ on EC2 only ever had a maximum of 10x advantage  or so after that was fixed over normal miners,  not 100x as falsely told by some.

Followed a day later by raising that to a 5x speedup, and then an 8x speedup, and within a week, an 11x speedup.  That was pretty remarkable, given that a developer had already started trickling optimizations into the codebase.

By May 16th, I'd squeezed about 90% of the optimizations out of it, and we were running 100x faster than the coin was at its initial release.  That didn't stop me from obsessing about speed tweaks for the next week or so, but it gave me a little breathing room to start thinking about the next step.

reference: http://da-data.blogspot.com/2014/08/minting-money-with-monero-and-cpu.html

Reference:

Since you are in drawing curves, also draw one for the profitability of a normal XMR miner and a 100x XMR miner... yes, very fair and unsuspicious for everyone involved.

There was likely never a 100x advantage. The 100x was the maximum advantage dga reported from start to finish, but the public miner got faster as well over the same period of time.

Nevertheless you can actually compute the potential value of it by looking at the total number of coins produced during that period. That is a maximum, and not a very good estimate because there were certainly non-advantaged miners during that period. It still isn't much.

This is correct.  I don't think we ever had more than a 10x advantage over the public one.

I speculate a sharp fall off in the future.

~BCX~

Based on What?  False Rumors of an Attack... Please  Roll Eyes
We are Not all weak hands Here you can manipulate with talk like this to Buy in Cheap. pfft..

@rpietila, @smooth

~BCX~

HAHAHA not exploitable by you fur sure,  we know you are a mouthpiece, in cohorts with lolcust.  someone else does the dirty work and sends to you to announce  

your limitation is Gravity well, timewarp and bots, neither of which are useful here lol because there is no KGW or 51% attack possible. Good luck because monero Whitepaper has already been Extensively reviewed by Mathematicians and audited by respected bitcoin devs gmaxwell and peter todd gmaxwell only has good things to say (check hacker news) and peter todd Is are now working with the moner o team. Quite unlike your usual shitcoin clone you try to attack only after first being notified of the weakness by the real worker (not you) and taking dry run in testnet. The attack that already recently happened was more complex and elegant than you could dream of, and it surely came from someone at least familiar with the Monero workings, which you barely seem to understand at this moment (it's nothing like bitcoin code)

You will probably try to embed these http://nlnetlabs.nl/downloads/antivirus/antivirus/virussignatures.strings

into Monero Payment ID'S and claim you 'HACKED' MONERO because MSE is quarantining.
Until members just flag it as a False Positive and everything continues as normal.

Looks like you will have to start studying HARD then make an announcement that 'you've accepted peace' and made decision not do do anything or just slinking off into the Distance when you realise there is no normal exploit vector like with a normal calibre Shitcoin because this is Entirely new codebase actually implemented by cryptographers. And clearly not a lone coder but a team of smart individuals. The Monero team Has already fixed many major bugs in the past few months so no low Hanging fruit for you lolz.

I already know what Will happen. Everything continues as usual, If someone brings up "where is the attack BCX??' you will Say 'I never said i would specifically' So choose your words carefully so you Don't get Egg on your face, smart  Grin
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:23:56 AM

usually accs created with coinnames are "new accs" of actualy coin owners.
but maybe 1 of devs got too far now with BCX so the rest of community got scared.

i DOUBT one would make account to help monero for long time just to then attack BCX as a superb long term plan. nobody could know if BCX even takes the fight.

so its a "one person got to far now we are scared" thinge imo.

yolo
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 02:26:10 AM

It does not appear to have the characteristics of a scam.

~BCX~
Thanks for your response.

I saw the hashrate going about 20% up and then down again some days ago. So i thought that it was either a botnet or claymore who was building a new GPU miner and he was mining on VMs. Or both. I agree that something odd is there.
I also think that there is some sort of CPU miner giving like 10-15% more than the os one...

I understand what you mean and i just hope that more optimizations will come soon as more people are getting interested on it.

PotentCloud

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:28:35 AM

Man is moneroman a huge troll!

I've personally never heard of you BCX, but I find it really useful that I did find out your character here! I want to hopefully contact you in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: