Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:03:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lucid Dreaming  (Read 12920 times)
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:27:32 PM

Entire Garden Update
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngSoWymK58A

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:08:19 PM

The Hannibal Gisgo Quote

Everyone likes to think of Hannibal Barca (Not Hannibal the Cannibal) as the worst person in History, but this was simply the way Rome painted him, it is not the truth. Hannibal was responding to the Empirical War Machine known as Rome, who his dad had spent and given his life to keep out of Africa. So he wasn't going to let Rome into Africa, that doesn't mean he was the bad guy in the situation. And even more-so since Rome broke their own treaty to defend a small ally town Hannibal was attacking on his side of the river.

But the Gisgo quote is probably the most amazing quote in the whole story of the life of Hannibal Barca. The setting was Hannibal in charge of 50,000 troops from different nations. Africans, Spaniards & French people who had never seen anyone defeat a Roman force until they met Hannibal.

Rome has 90,000 soldiers, who were all better armed, better armored, better trained, less diverse nationally and supposedly with better leadership.

Gisgo was one of Hannibal's officers and he came to him and said:

"They have many more men than us, we will not win today"

Hannibal replied:

"It seems something has escaped you. In all their vast numbers, there is not one of them named Gisgo".

That day 50,000 men killed 70,000 men and sent the other 20,000 (survivors) out of 90,000 running. And at that time the phrase was coined "Hannibal is at the gates" which businessmen still say today (or did until like the 80s if they don't now) when they have a client who is particularly difficult to deal with.

Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:24:38 PM

Isn't this thread getting a little off-topic? not sure how most of the chemistry is really relating to lucid dreaming since if you are using herbs/drugs to get the result you are only working within a defined window.

Lucid dreaming is really about concentration and it's been a while since I have done it but I found the best way was to lie on my back, hands folded on my hips or at my side, along with a pitch black room with as little audible stimulation as possible. You want to let yourself fully relax, so try to not move any muscles or tense up your body and try not to focus on your breathing too much. As you relax it will begin to feel as if your whole body begins to get numb/floaty until you start to get a type of ripping sensation in your chest which can feel strange or scary but if you relax and let that sensation increase it begins to feel as though you are ripping out of your body or even spinning and then you are standing in your dream with everything being dark or hard to see and begin to become brighter. It is like being in 2 places simultaneously, you are in a dream and can touch, taste, see, hear but you are still aware you are in your room and can hear things going on.

In the dream world you can do anything, Telekinesis, Jump/fly, energy balls etc. but it's a bit more of a skill, if you find yourself in a place you don't like then start spinning and the entire scene will change. Once you get more proficient you can also find people/places or visit far off worlds.

The key is letting go and staying relaxed, if you are trying to force yourself out, or to stay in the dream it will give you the opposite result.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:43:44 PM

I use copious amounts of nicotine and sleep with the light on to prevent lucid dreaming.
sickhouse

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 12:21:35 AM

I've managed to taken control over my dreams a couple of times, but that's because it has been very very unrealistic stuff. Need tips on how to get control easier, flying is so fucking cool Cheesy

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 05:44:54 AM

How Dreaming Started All Religion
http://finshaggy.blogspot.com/2014/10/how-dreaming-started-all-religion.html

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 06:34:19 AM

The active ingredient is DMT http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N,N-Dimethyltryptamine and these religious prophets were high and hallucinating? There were a few different things added into some of the jungle potions as well in order to help them connect to the spirit world.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 06:05:01 PM

What Atheism Meant To Me When I Was Atheist, And What I See Now

I am not an Atheist anymore, but I was in high-school. I had a friend who was Agnostic and I had never even really heard of that before. I was going to Church confirmation class and I asked "Do Jews go to Hell?" and the church lady wouldn't answer, so I was just like "Why am I Christian?"

So I became atheist. And to me it meant that I was looking for the "Right God" I was not part of any faith, I was just on the outside looking through all of them, seeing if I could accidentally find a God.

Then I found Shiva and I realized that I am like Rudra. Then I found out that Ancient Egyptian God Temples were really just science classrooms. so it really made no sense to me to be Atheist, unless we are talking about a Magic Man in the sky.

I don't feel like there are any Atheist left who want to know if God exists. They all went through confirmation class or whatever and now they think they know everything about everything. What is that? Can't they just say "I don't know" every once in a while? It is a fine answer.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 06:29:57 PM

How Debates Used To (And Do) Work

Atheists and Christians like to go into a Google hangout with 9 other people, shit talk and talk over each other, then later call that a "Debate". I would like to let everyone know, that is an argument. Nothing more.

In the 60s, Malcolm X would go out on stages in from of other Muslims and he would talk about the difference between white and black people in the 60s. And it started a lot of problems, because there were a lot of racists, so what did they do? They found someone to debate Malcolm and they put him on PBS with a moderator.

THAT is a debate. Not where one person decides they want to stomp on another person, so they find some people to fund them arguing some asshole on stage. Debates are meant to be like "Let's figure out whose right, because some of us aren't sure" THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 07:37:35 PM

How Debates Used To (And Do) Work pt 2

Over 2,300 years ago (around 300-400 BC) Rome was at war with Carthage (in Africa). The way we usually think about history, we think that these two nations must have not really known each other and they must have been after resources. Not true.

Scipio (leader of the Roman forces) and Hannibal (leader of the Carthaginian forces) met to have a debate after the war. Remember, this is 2,300+ years ago, and these guys were able to do this.

They met somewhere in the middle and they literally debated. Scipio asked Hannibal, "Who is the greatest general in history". Hannibal said "Alexander of Macedonia" and Scipio agreed. Then Scipio asked who the second greatest was, Hannibal said "Pyyrhus of Epirus" because boldness is what qualified a general for Hannibal. Then Scipio asked Hannibal who he named third, and he named himself., because he crossed the Alps faster than anyone, surprised the Roman army and had killed a large portion of the Roman army before putting Italy under Martial Law where he was basically a Batman king, saving people and living in mansions.

Scipio asked where Hannibal would have ranked himself if he had not been beaten by Scipio, he said "In that case I should have put myself before Alexander". And Scipio felt good about that because he beat someone who claims to be the superior of Alexander.

I am not saying this is the best debate or the best outcome, but it's a real debate. An Atheists going in to "argue" with a Creationist, is not a debate. That is an Atheist arguing with a Creationist. You need a more specific topic, and usually a question. Then some form of demonstration, by hand or by words.

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 07:56:21 PM

How Debates Used To (And Do) Work pt 2

Over 2,300 years ago (around 300-400 BC) Rome was at war with Carthage (in Africa). The way we usually think about history, we think that these two nations must have not really known each other and they must have been after resources. Not true.

Scipio (leader of the Roman forces) and Hannibal (leader of the Carthaginian forces) met to have a debate after the war. Remember, this is 2,300+ years ago, and these guys were able to do this.

They met somewhere in the middle and they literally debated. Scipio asked Hannibal, "Who is the greatest general in history". Hannibal said "Alexander of Macedonia" and Scipio agreed. Then Scipio asked who the second greatest was, Hannibal said "Pyyrhus of Epirus" because boldness is what qualified a general for Hannibal. Then Scipio asked Hannibal who he named third, and he named himself., because he crossed the Alps faster than anyone, surprised the Roman army and had killed a large portion of the Roman army before putting Italy under Martial Law where he was basically a Batman king, saving people and living in mansions.

Scipio asked where Hannibal would have ranked himself if he had not been beaten by Scipio, he said "In that case I should have put myself before Alexander". And Scipio felt good about that because he beat someone who claims to be the superior of Alexander.

I am not saying this is the best debate or the best outcome, but it's a real debate. An Atheists going in to "argue" with a Creationist, is not a debate. That is an Atheist arguing with a Creationist. You need a more specific topic, and usually a question. Then some form of demonstration, by hand or by words.

What is the difference between an atheist? an agnostic? and a creationist? sounds like all the same thing to me.
lauraqtro

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 08:47:49 PM

my dream was deja vu
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 11:41:08 PM

A Question to everyone about Cenk Uyger

TYT is awesome. There is hardly anything else Live on Youtube, so its a good show. But does anyone else feel like Cenk is more of a Liberal because he enjoys the "Ludeness" of America, and not because he has any particularly Liberal leanings?

Every once in a while he makes a good point, but it's not anything he couldn't have gotten from maybe listening to radio shows and pod-casts, he isn't making his own arguments. I can literally make his main argument for you right now.

"Look at this chart" then he shows you the 60s to now, and says look there in the 70s, see how it changed? That comes from the Supreme Court Ruling of "Citizens United", now let's get the money out of politics and change this graph.

Cool. Why don't you go do some lectures after the show. Or at least hire other people to. And why don't you make some new arguments? I understand that all the other news outlets are just passing down things they heard on Twitter, but don't you claim to be better than them?

nsimmons

Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 11:50:22 PM

Choline bitartrate, 3 grams and you wont want to wake up. It must add 20 IQ for a few hours. I can wake up from a dream and go right back to it at will.
Only lasts about a month then I need a good 6 months off to restore potency.

http://purebulk.com/choline-bitartrate-powder/

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 12:09:48 AM

Ways Laws Are Made: Common Law

We have all heard of the Civil Rights Movement, and we all know how this works. We just all haven't ever had it explained to us completely. So if you have never heard this before, here it is.

One way Laws are made is in court. When a judge or jury makes a decision it become the "Law of the Land". This is how segregation ended in schools. Brown VS The Board of Education, the judge made a ruling it was the law of the land.

If you had a wolf, and your town had never seen a wolf in public, you might get a ticket. If you go to court, whatever the judge decides is the new wolf law. This is common law.

And a city judge makes city law. A County Judge makes county law, a State Supreme Court Judge makes State law, and a Federal Supreme Court Judge makes Federal Law. And these are called "The Law of the Land" when people talk about them.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 12:10:10 AM

Choline bitartrate, 3 grams and you wont want to wake up. It must add 20 IQ for a few hours. I can wake up from a dream and go right back to it at will.
Only lasts about a month then I need a good 6 months off to restore potency.

http://purebulk.com/choline-bitartrate-powder/

Nice.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 01:05:41 AM

How Marijuana Is A Defended Religious RIGHT In America
http://finshaggy.blogspot.com/2014/10/how-marijuana-is-defended-religious.html

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 08:04:49 AM

How Hindus Are Carrying Egyptian Tradition
http://finshaggy.blogspot.com/2014/10/how-hindus-are-carrying-egyptian-and.html

notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 04:20:29 PM

What about psychic attack induced lucid dreams from somebody who just smoked a rock? What if that's an ongoing issue?
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 04:28:22 PM

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: