Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:03:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So I asked Restoration Hardware if they would accept Bitcoin...  (Read 2683 times)
keithers (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:01:38 PM

I have been furnishing a new house over the past few months.  Man, the costs add up quicker than you would believe.   I have been picking up sofas and coffee tables (as well as some chairs) from Restoration Hardware (because I think they have some of the best stuff).

www.restorationhardware.com

Since all their stuff is so pricey  (5-10k for a sofa), I decided to ask them if they would accept BTC.   They got back to me today with the below response:

Thank you for contacting Restoration Hardware. I am delighted to know that you enjoy our pieces, and that you wish for us to receive Bitcoin as payment.

At this time, please be advised that we offer a variety of payment options, and I would be happy to submit your request for us to pursue Bitcoin.

Please know that I have noted your comments and forwarded them on to the appropriate department.

We always strive to offer our customers the best products and services possible. Your comments will help us to better achieve this goal in the future.

Please let us know if you need further assistance via email at webcs@restorationhardware.com or by calling 877-777-7059.

Again, thank you for contacting Restoration Hardware.

Sincerely,

Stephanie Goldsmith
Email Customer Advocate
Restoration Hardware

It would be cool if they actually looked into adding BTC as a payment option, as to my knowledge, there aren't any higher end furniture stores accepting BTC.    Anyone else shop there?   Maybe if additional people asked...it would help steer them in the direction of BTC acceptance?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tzortz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:02:41 PM

I will try to ask too.

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:06:01 PM

I will try to ask too.

Cool!  I think it would be great if they accepted BTC because they have such awesome stuff for homes...
gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:28:25 PM

nice, thats a positive response. i usually ask when im in a new store, its almost automatic for me now. ill be embarrassed when someone says yes and i dont have my wallet details handy!
i email many online stores about it too, most replies are junk worthy. hope they follow through on it!

...im looking forward to a time when i can just pay without asking:p

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
truehold3r

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:34:29 PM

That's a smart idea, we should do the same with more and more companies.

♬-♬-♬-♬ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ Earn up to 0.05 btc/week by posting in the LTB forum!!! ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ♬-♬-♬-♬ --------->
<--------- LTB coin now traded on Poloniex!!!
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 09:44:29 PM

That's a smart idea, we should do the same with more and more companies.
True fact.

Stephanie Goldsmith
Email Customer Advocate
Restoration Hardware[/i]

It takes 30 seconds!  Go here: https://www.restorationhardware.com/customer-service/contact-us.jsp and submit a note about your desire for bitcoin acceptance!  Do it now!  Mention Overstock.com as a positive example of a retailer who pulled it off and loved the result.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:46:05 PM

Sending a request as well.

Most open-minded businesses will accept new payment methods if there is enough interest. More chance to make money from new customers.
truehold3r

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:00:17 PM

Done, let's spread the word!

♬-♬-♬-♬ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ Earn up to 0.05 btc/week by posting in the LTB forum!!! ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ♬-♬-♬-♬ --------->
<--------- LTB coin now traded on Poloniex!!!
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:25:57 PM

Sending a request as well.

Most open-minded businesses will accept new payment methods if there is enough interest. More chance to make money from new customers.

Awesome guys, let's see if we can make it happen Smiley 
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:54:22 PM

awesome, i will send them an email after work today. Btw, did you tell them to use payment gateway services like Coinbase and Bitpay?

keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:56:05 PM

awesome, i will send them an email after work today. Btw, did you tell them to use payment gateway services like Coinbase and Bitpay?

No, I didn't...if you email them, can you mention it?   I thought of doing that right after i sent the initial email...
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:05:40 PM

No, I didn't...if you email them, can you mention it?   I thought of doing that right after i sent the initial email...

Ok i will, but you should also follow up with another email and mention it as well. So they know there wont be exchange risk involved.
dKingston

Activity: 482

LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 11:11:08 PM

That's a fantastic idea! I contacted them as well! They a have lot of wonderfull stuffs! I'm going to buy lot of thing if
they start to accept bitcoins!

LAUNDER & ANONYMIZE YOUR BITCOIN:
https://www.BitLaunder.com/?aid=41
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:34:24 AM

Ok i will, but you should also follow up with another email and mention it as well. So they know there wont be exchange risk involved.

I replied to her and mentioned both coinbase and bitpay, and the fact that would also save a lot in transaction fees in addition to getting new customers.   I brought up overstock.com and Dell as well.   I'll post it here if I get a response.

If anyone else gets a response copy and paste it into this thread...
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4412

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:50:00 AM

Thank you for contacting Restoration Hardware. I am delighted to know that you enjoy our pieces, and that you wish for us to receive Bitcoin as payment.

At this time, please be advised that we offer a variety of payment options, and I would be happy to submit your request for us to pursue Bitcoin.

Please know that I have noted your comments and forwarded them on to the appropriate department.

We always strive to offer our customers the best products and services possible. Your comments will help us to better achieve this goal in the future.

Please let us know if you need further assistance via email at webcs@restorationhardware.com or by calling 877-777-7059.

Again, thank you for contacting Restoration Hardware.

Sincerely,

Stephanie Goldsmith
Email Customer Advocate
Restoration Hardware

It would be cool if they actually looked into adding BTC as a payment option, as to my knowledge, there aren't any higher end furniture stores accepting BTC.    Anyone else shop there?   Maybe if additional people asked...it would help steer them in the direction of BTC acceptance?

simply emailing webcs@... is good, but also i would advise you to find the CFO and the CEO of the company and email them direct. as no one can be certain that a minimum waged customer adviser is actually going to pass on messages.

word it tht you are a loyal customer and find it a pain having to convert your investments ack into dollars, to the pay using a credit card and then pay off your credit card bill. that you would rather pay direct from with bitcoins, and that the company will get atleast $xxxx worth of sales per year because you have plans to buy products x, y, and z in the future

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
gogxmagog
Legendary

Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:51:39 AM

I made a joke at the place I buy silver about bitcoin when he refused to take my mastercard due to the fact that they lose their spot fee due to the charges from the cc company. Much to my surprize, the gentleman informed me they DO take bitcoin, there was one guy in the back room who took care of those transactions. I asked him why they didnt advertize, at least mention it on bitcointalk, twitter or what have you, but he didnt want to talk about it, it was all the department of this "guy in the back"

I guess they dont want the business? It is pretty much guaranteed that if people know you accept btc, btc will come... I'm just puzzled as to why they dont advertize it at all, they are an antiques store that deals in coins and bullion, but mostly nice antiques, great glass stuff. I am going to go in and spend some btc on a xmas gift for my wife or maybe some silver for my stack, then I can ask the "guy in the back room"

Sort of the opposite problem to OP but odd just the same. BTC is at a weird place in its adoption. There is a lingering aire of uncertainty about it all still. There's really nothing to compare it to in history, which depending on your view, is either the greatest thing ever or a total nightmare of insecurity and doubt. this will change.
gjgjg

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:17:25 PM

I made a joke at the place I buy silver about bitcoin when he refused to take my mastercard due to the fact that they lose their spot fee due to the charges from the cc company. Much to my surprize, the gentleman informed me they DO take bitcoin, there was one guy in the back room who took care of those transactions. I asked him why they didnt advertize, at least mention it on bitcointalk, twitter or what have you, but he didnt want to talk about it, it was all the department of this "guy in the back"

I guess they dont want the business? It is pretty much guaranteed that if people know you accept btc, btc will come... I'm just puzzled as to why they dont advertize it at all, they are an antiques store that deals in coins and bullion, but mostly nice antiques, great glass stuff. I am going to go in and spend some btc on a xmas gift for my wife or maybe some silver for my stack, then I can ask the "guy in the back room"

Sort of the opposite problem to OP but odd just the same. BTC is at a weird place in its adoption. There is a lingering aire of uncertainty about it all still. There's really nothing to compare it to in history, which depending on your view, is either the greatest thing ever or a total nightmare of insecurity and doubt. this will change.

Strange, they do the 'hard work' of getting a BTC system in place then dont bother promoting it! Why dont you email the info to the websites that have listings of stores that accept it? like http://coinmap.org/
Also the blockchain app has an option to list the nearby places.

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:21:37 PM

With prices that hight, they really may try and appeal to a high-stakes market. I think they could be very well off selling their furniture for BTC! Huh, I'd like to buy something, but the current BTC prices are just to low...

RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 04:47:32 PM

We shouldn't stop here.  Let's find other important retailers who need an introduction to bitcoin and send them some encouragement. 

I wonder, is there anyone of you out there who would like to organize this?  This thread sure was effective.  I hope we can make more thread just like this.  Anyone?

Good job on the OP.  Maybe he can find another great retailer and link to its comments page to encourage others to send a request.  Keep up the good work!

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
keithers (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:51:32 PM

With prices that hight, they really may try and appeal to a high-stakes market. I think they could be very well off selling their furniture for BTC! Huh, I'd like to buy something, but the current BTC prices are just to low...

Yeah the prices are pretty high, but I am telling you, the leather sofas and things like that seriously last forever.   A lot of them even look better after you have had them for a few years and they have worn in...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: