Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:20:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello! New Bitcoin Exchange in town  (Read 6352 times)
QuickBitcoins (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 12:45:22 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2012, 05:18:03 AM by QuickBitcoins

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jake
Donator

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

Happy New Year!

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 01:16:29 AM

A real domain would help.

QuickBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 01:20:07 AM

What's wrong with a .tk? It works as well as a "real" domain and it's free..?
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 01:23:32 AM

What's wrong with a .tk? It works as well as a "real" domain and it's free..?

A .tk site sounds like a scam/shady site to me, as most Nigerian scammers use that kind of domain. You'll be better off with a .com/.net site for a better company image.
CA Coins
Donator

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 01:31:03 AM

FYI, your FAQ has a bunch of codes. Eg. "[/dropdown_box][dropdown_box expand_text=" buyer?" show_more="Q). "
QuickBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 01:32:20 AM

I just bought quickbitcoins.net and it will be up in a few seconds.

The FAQ thing has been fixed. Please reload the page and try again.
QuickBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 01:38:44 AM

All I can say without revealing too much is that I have multiple layers of verification that will keep the fraud rate well below PayPal's 3% requirement.
QuickBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 02:07:21 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2012, 04:39:17 PM by QuickBitcoins

I basically know that eventually, if my site gets big, PayPal will eventually crack down on me. I'm hoping to get in as much as possible with paypal before that happens. In the mean time I am currently setting up another credit card processor, Authorize.net.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 03:12:11 AM

Watching

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 03:15:58 AM

Watching
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 03:32:51 AM

Hello!

If this message seems to Spammy please let me know. I'll take it down.

I just wanted to inform you all (and maybe get some feedback) about a site my wife and I just put together. We're now accepting 10 different methods of payment for bitcoin. We're attempting to compete with https://get-bitcoin.com/ and are currently offering a 4.8% to buy using most payment methods and 2.8% to sell vs their 5% to buy and 3% to sell. As of right now we aren't accepting cash deposits as we haven't gotten the bank accounts setup yet, but we will have that completed by tomorrow.

Not only that but we're also currently accepting credit cards and PayPal! I bet you're wondering how we prevent fraud... Well there are a few ways but if we told you then the scammers would know too.

Thanks,

-Ryan

http://www.quickbitcoins.net

Edit:

Just for reddit! Please enter "bitcointalk" into the notes during checkout for half off of the paypal surcharge.

Hey, Ryan, do you go by another user name on this forum?

~Bruno~
QuickBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 02:07:03 PM

I dont. FYI the site is currently down while we move the website to quickbitcoins.net and implement SSL. It should be back up by the end of today.
QuickBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 02:18:08 PM

The move to quickbitcoins.net has been completed and the site is back up. It looks like it will be another 24 hours until the SSL certificate is in place. If you're uncomfortable sending your request over the web please feel free to contact us at info@quickbitcoins.net with your phone number so we can call you to get the details that way.

Thanks!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 02:45:59 PM

I basically know that eventually, if my site gets big, PayPal will eventually crack down on me. I'm hoping to get in as much as possible and make as much as possible before that happens. And then in the mean time I am setting up another credit card processor (authorize.net)

This sounds like a great business plan. Any chance that you're selling shares to your company?
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 03:00:02 PM

WhoisGuard and 8 ports open. Everyone should use with caution.

-- PM me if you want me to help fix that.
QuickBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 03:53:59 PM

It's shared hosting. the FTP server and mail server are on the IP as well. I'm removing Domain privacy now.
Coinabul

Activity: 588

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 04:04:10 PM

Just for reddit! Please enter "bitcointalk" into the notes during checkout for half off of the paypal surcharge.

We're not Reddit.  Wink

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
QuickBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 04:06:41 PM

We're not Reddit.  Wink

Thanks. Brainfart on my part  Cheesy
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 04:16:04 PM

WhoisGuard and 8 ports open. Everyone should use with caution.

-- PM me if you want me to help fix that.

Security issues are not a concern. There are no bitcoins or customer information stored on the server at all. The ONLY thing that happens on the server is the order number generation and encryption. Payments are all handled on their respective processor's websites. The paypal payment is handled on paypal.com. Same for dwolla.

All customer information is encrypted with my public key and emailed to my order@quickbitcoin.net email.

It's shared hosting. the FTP server and mail server are on the IP as well. I'm removing Domain privacy now.

Yeah, changed your post pretty quick there.
QuickBitcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 04:21:35 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2012, 04:47:11 PM by QuickBitcoins

I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong here besides trying to offer a service to help new people purchase their first bitcoin. I understand your hesitance as PayPal has a bad rep with the Bitcoin community and usually no one is willing to take the risk of offering them as a payment method. I'm starting to get the feeling that a lack of transparency, even for security reasons, is frowned upon here.

The reason I changed the post is because I didn't want to reveal too much about security as it could possibly open up a potential avenue for exploitation if someone did manage to compromise the website. Since it is now already up in another quote here is a rehash of what it said:

No customer information or BTC is stored on the server. All customer orders is encrypted with my public key and sent to order@quickbitcoins.net. No payment information is taken on the website as it redirects to the respective payment processor's site for that.

I do appreciate all the suggestions about the domain name, SSL, and whois privacy. Which is why I have moved it to a .net, am implementing SSL as we speak, and removed whois protection. But it seems other than that you all are just trolling. I figured proponents of Bitcoin would like as many competitive services as possible. I'm taking a risk to help people and hopefully make a little money. What's the problem there?

If you guys dislike the site or anything about it please feel free to not use my service. Other than that can we keep feedback to constructive criticism?

Thanks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: