Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:51:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin craze dying down?  (Read 15061 times)
BTCmoons

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 05:23:45 PM

I dont know how is going adoption, but some people think it is dying, just because there are no headlines in news about bitcoin. But those people will be waken up in few years, and will regret, that they were just waiting on sidelines, for news people to tell them what is going on in real world.

User adoption is moving slowly but it's not dying. We need an idea for something everyone will want but can only be purchased with Bitcoin. Like the next big fad. POGs or Beanie Babies but for Bitcoin. Once people have learned how easy it is to use Bitcoin with Circle many of them will use it again.

Some alt-coin shake-out has to happen . So much dead money in alt-coins it could drag some of BTC down.

Maybe but I see altcoins as more pump n dump coins for children. I'm surprised we haven't seen one called BeerMoneyCoin or AllowanceNotEnoughCoin. Most of the dumbasses are pumping on bad clones of even worse scrypt based shitcoins. I don't know why these kids think you can clone a turd and think it's suddenly going to smell like a rose. I doubt many first time users are purchasing anything with most of the altcoins. Mr. Normal Citizen is not going to use Dogecoin or Darkcoin to buy from Overstock even if they could. Bitcoin is alone in name recognition and availability.
I don't think that children are making the altcoins, as the devs need to have some level of programming expertise to make and launch an altcoin.

The creators want to at least an appearance of the alt coin having value, although I do agree that they are nothing more then scams

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 05:42:20 PM

I dont know how is going adoption, but some people think it is dying, just because there are no headlines in news about bitcoin. But those people will be waken up in few years, and will regret, that they were just waiting on sidelines, for news people to tell them what is going on in real world.

User adoption is moving slowly but it's not dying. We need an idea for something everyone will want but can only be purchased with Bitcoin. Like the next big fad. POGs or Beanie Babies but for Bitcoin. Once people have learned how easy it is to use Bitcoin with Circle many of them will use it again.

Some alt-coin shake-out has to happen . So much dead money in alt-coins it could drag some of BTC down.

Maybe but I see altcoins as more pump n dump coins for children. I'm surprised we haven't seen one called BeerMoneyCoin or AllowanceNotEnoughCoin. Most of the dumbasses are pumping on bad clones of even worse scrypt based shitcoins. I don't know why these kids think you can clone a turd and think it's suddenly going to smell like a rose. I doubt many first time users are purchasing anything with most of the altcoins. Mr. Normal Citizen is not going to use Dogecoin or Darkcoin to buy from Overstock even if they could. Bitcoin is alone in name recognition and availability.
I don't think that children are making the altcoins, as the devs need to have some level of programming expertise to make and launch an altcoin.

The creators want to at least an appearance of the alt coin having value, although I do agree that they are nothing more then scams

Yeah, you're right. Kids could never do anything that technologically sophisticated.

Michael Mooney was a 17-year-old Brooklyn high school senior when he wreaked a bit of havoc on Twitter in April of 2009.

Twitter had to fix more than 200 infected accounts and delete 10,000 tweets because of the spam-inducing worms Mooney created called "Mikeyy" and "StalkDaily"

Owen Thor Walker helped an online hacker gang steal $20 million from over 1.3 million computers around the world.

Jon Lech Johansen, more commonly known as "DVD Jon," rose to fame because of his work on DeCSS, an encryption cracker that pissed off Hollywood.

He has also come up with numerous hacks for iTunes and Windows Media Player that have earned him attention.

crazyjack
Legendary

Activity: 1315
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 05:50:28 PM

I think BTC price will drop to 300USD within today  Cry

Your thoughts became reality...  Shocked

Predict something else!  Grin
Impros88

Activity: 293

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 05:58:11 PM

I invested almost all my savings in btc when it was 950. Well, fuck you bitcoin, fuck you and all the Altcoin and everyone else. I hate the fucking day I knew about btc a D decided to invest. Everyone was like "Bitcoin is the future", "Bitcoin to da moon"... yes, my ass. I only have a job which will last only another one month. I hoped to make some money, and I lost everything. Thanks all guys. This forum is so good in giving right info.
bcmine

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 05:59:11 PM

Is it just me or does it seem like the bitcoin "craze" has died down a lot? Not as much people active in talking about it, and especially in other forums for altcoins, there used to be a lot of buzz and excitement but not any more it seems Sad

yeah russia is out. and russia has power to destroy the bitcoin. good thing, when one day russia unban the bitcoin, they price will rise  Grin
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:07:09 PM

I think BTC price will drop to 300USD within today  Cry

Maybe not today, but tomorrow for sure.
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:07:58 PM

I invested almost all my savings in btc when it was 950. Well, fuck you bitcoin, fuck you and all the Altcoin and everyone else. I hate the fucking day I knew about btc a D decided to invest. Everyone was like "Bitcoin is the future", "Bitcoin to da moon"... yes, my ass. I only have a job which will last only another one month. I hoped to make some money, and I lost everything. Thanks all guys. This forum is so good in giving right info.

Go fuck yourself too. Wink... Bitcoin isn't some get rich ponzi scheme for investors to just buy up and make a quick buck. Bitcoin is a fragile project we are all struggling to make real and has done some amazing things despite all odds but still needs a lot of effort to be realized.

If you are going to invest , don't spend what you can't lose and have liquidity to buy at great times like these.

I think BTC price will drop to 300USD within today  Cry

Maybe not today, but tomorrow for sure.

You realize it already dipped to 275 and now is back up to 299 right? It may crash against down to 200-250 as well. This is nothing new. Don't be stupid and sell at a loss , this is great time to buy more.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:13:12 PM

That was your only mistake. Investments are as likely to lose you money as they are to make you money. I've made money and lost money on the stock market. I've made money and barely broke even because of broker commissions on the stock market. That's not the stock markets fault. If you we're here only to make money then you fucked up. Bitcoin didn't do that to you.

Some1else0

Activity: 111

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:25:44 PM

I think most people are just being quiet since the Bitcoin price isn't increasing. However, if it was then a lot of hype would be generated.
chipxtreme

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:45:40 PM

My take on it is, we got the bubble when alt-coins took off and people could mine with their GPU's, we had people from all over the world buying out stocks of AMD graphics cards pushing the prices of them up 50% in some cases. This caused the price of bitcoin to go up to $1200 at its peak. Then over time as people joined in the profits in GPU mining dropped, asic's came out, then the price dropped through the floor and even the less power hungry algo's like x11 can't even make your electric cost back. Your average Joe lost money and most don't want to invest in ASIC's and a large percentage of those people have lost interest.

Now we have a domino effect and its even hard for ASICs to make a profit. I'm looking to sell my ASIC's but i'm going to hold onto the small amount of btc I have and hope that there is a spike again.
Jerrietg

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:54:36 PM

price dump or pump is very normal , don't worry baout the price , is price down so you said bitcoin

dying ? ridiculous
IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:34:15 PM

Why are you blaming bitcoin and the forum for your own stupidity?  Investment 101, you never put all your eggs in one basket.  I invested a few grand into bitcoin when it was roughly $600. Am I mad because I'm losing money? Not at all.  This isn't a short term thing, it's a long term investment in the future.

By the looks of your case, you were looking into bitcoin as a get rich quick plan.  Those plans rarely ever work out well.  Just ask all the people that lost everything when the .com crash happened.
santaClause

Activity: 183

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:04:02 AM

That was your only mistake. Investments are as likely to lose you money as they are to make you money. I've made money and lost money on the stock market. I've made money and barely broke even because of broker commissions on the stock market. That's not the stock markets fault. If you we're here only to make money then you fucked up. Bitcoin didn't do that to you.
If you look at his previous posts you would also see that the money that he invested in bitcoin was not even "his" as it was a gift given to him by his grandmother. IMO he has no business investing any money in bitcion as it was never what he earned to invest.

Regardless the price decline has clearly not gotten him to decide to not continue his involvement in bitcon as he is clearly still somewhat active in trolling
rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:05:51 AM

Bitcoin is like alta vista or yahoo..  first movers suck...

Where is the google of crypto?

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:04:24 AM

If you look at his previous posts you would also see that the money that he invested in bitcoin was not even "his" as it was a gift given to him by his grandmother. IMO he has no business investing any money in bitcion as it was never what he earned to invest.

Regardless the price decline has clearly not gotten him to decide to not continue his involvement in bitcon as he is clearly still somewhat active in trolling
Oh well, butthurt makes a lot of people leave. It's usually from their own mistakes.

On a side note: Can I get 10,000 bitcoins for christmas? I've been a good boy, sort of. lol

e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:39:07 AM

Oh well, butthurt makes a lot of people leave. It's usually from their own mistakes.

On a side note: Can I get 10,000 bitcoins for christmas? I've been a good boy, sort of. lol

Collect 10$ bills each week. Eleven weeks left, that could fit on 10k BTC at christmas pricing.
The expectation of the poster above was: BTC will go up. Moonish, so to say.
Today it is: Will go down.

And that is the trouble, a downwards spiral where market expectations make it look rationale to sell all BTC as a smart move. You can always buy back lower.

What sounds smart for the single market participant, selling earlier for a higher price then people following a second late, is lethal for the whole currency. From this projection, the "ideal buying price" is ZERO. Just from that point onwards it is difficult to regain a value above ZERO, ever again. Since each and every Pennystock can literally outperform Bitcoin with just some feature, may it speed or blockchain download time or just anything, that Bitcoin does not offer so far.

Tuff days.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:14:57 AM

Collect 10$ bills each week. Eleven weeks left, that could fit on 10k BTC at christmas pricing.

And that is the trouble, a downwards spiral where market expectations make it look rationale to sell all BTC as a smart move. You can always buy back lower.

What sounds smart for the single market participant, selling earlier for a higher price then people following a second late, is lethal for the whole currency. From this projection, the "ideal buying price" is ZERO. Just from that point onwards it is difficult to regain a value above ZERO, ever again. Since each and every Pennystock can literally outperform Bitcoin with just some feature, may it speed or blockchain download time or just anything, that Bitcoin does not offer so far.

Tuff days.

Meh, I've seen a few of these fall/winter drops in price and it always goes up again. People just want to make money on Bitcoin fast like it's a magic pill. When that doesn't happen they get butthurt.

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:54:54 AM

Tuff days.

Meh, I've seen a few of these fall/winter drops in price and it always goes up again. People just want to make money on Bitcoin fast like it's a magic pill. When that doesn't happen they get butthurt.

Yes, I agree with this.
Human mentality is very interesting.
People have a herd mentality and this is very easy to monitor in the market.
If news are positive and price is going up, everybody buying.
If the price falls, everybody trying to sell in panic.
Only people who think rationally manage to make money on the stock market.
So, for some people, current situation with Bitcoin this is disaster and for others golden opportunity to earn good money.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
TheMasterKey

Activity: 63

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:45:14 AM

We'll see another wave of Bitcoin craze if It touches 600 again.
Impros88

Activity: 293

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:34:54 AM

I still hope that one day it will jump. again at least to the price I bought it. My only rule was never to sell lower of th3 price I bought. Until I don't sell I don't lose. For the troll thing, I am just a bit angry and frustrated but what u say is true.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: