Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:18:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: China will become Super Power ?  (Read 14710 times)
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:13:26 PM

Super power doesn't mean military might and economic prowess alone.

Soft power such as culture and influence still go a long way. And last time I check, every 3rd world school still insist children to learn English, not Chinese.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Robert Paulson

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:46:14 PM

Soft power such as culture and influence still go a long way. And last time I check, every 3rd world school still insist children to learn English, not Chinese.

there are about three times more people speaking Mandarin than English.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers
thresher

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 02:56:47 PM

In NY at least, we were required to take a language in jr high/high school: Spanish, Italian, or French.  Are you implying that any country that speaks these languages is more influential and powerful than China, because some douche bag decided that these are the three languages I have to learn. 
3rd world school children learn english, because the Chinese are smart enough to not waste their resources and time on useless allies, that do not help them in any way.  The US does some ass backwards imperialism where we lose money for what........ 

I think the op meant will China become a hegemon, to clarify.     
zorke

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:52:35 PM

More people speak Chinese then they speak english. China does not wish to impose their culture on others therefore people are not influenced by their culture.
leannemckim46

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:00:52 PM

People all over the world learn english as a 2nd language because english is the language of business. If you wanted to do business with someone in a different country then you would almost certainly need to conduct such business in english.

Military might does generally equal super power. The country could use their military to force changes on a country if they so desired.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
r34tr783tr78

Activity: 481
Merit: 268

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:38:11 AM

China has a major demographic problem because of the one child policy. Soon, it will have too much old people, a lowering of its active population and growing problems, just like Japan and now Europe.

arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 03:33:05 AM

China has a major demographic problem because of the one child policy. Soon, it will have too much old people, a lowering of its active population and growing problems, just like Japan and now Europe.

That is still better than country with exploding population with no ability to feed themselves and have to export the workers abroad to work as slaves.
zorke

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 04:08:17 AM

That is still better than country with exploding population with no ability to feed themselves and have to export the workers abroad to work as slaves.
I think this is a little extreme. I do agree that China'a one child policy is good to keep their population levels in line with their resources and ability to feed their people, but as it is now they do not have this problem nor would they have it with slightly higher population levels.

A larger population also allows them to exert influence over others as they simply engage in a lot of commerce
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:20:24 PM

Who knows what will happen 30 years from now? We could have immigration from other countries into China. Smiley
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:48:48 PM

Who knows what will happen 30 years from now? We could have immigration from other countries into China. Smiley

Of course we will. They are buying all BTC. Unless we will work in china we will not earn any BTC anymore!
cryptofan5

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 09:03:16 PM

China has a growing influence on the world economy and politics. And it will only continue to expand.
51percemt

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:45:07 AM

I would find this somewhat unlikely. The standard of living of people living in China is really not that great. They also are lacking many rights that 'free' people generally take for granted (freedom of the press, uncensored internet, ect)
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:54:53 PM

I would find this somewhat unlikely. The standard of living of people living in China is really not that great. They also are lacking many rights that 'free' people generally take for granted (freedom of the press, uncensored internet, ect)

They did make a big jump from communism to pseudo-free market.
So I guess change is possible.
waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 10:56:55 PM

China is slowly claiming some territories in our country and the U.N.can only do is to warn China. oh well its also a wake up call for our government to stop corruption and start using those money for improvement
DhaniBoy

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 05:56:21 AM

it could happen, China is able to modify the electronic equipment, so it is able to make the same reproduction ability and function, so they are offering prices below the normal price is usually offered by the manufacturers of the products, with this capability then China could rival nations superpower like America and Germany ...
not only in the economic field alone china able to compete, but also in the field of military and education ...
hopefully other countries, especially developing countries can follow the example of China that can compete with the superpowers ...  Roll Eyes

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
sandykho47

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

Knowledge its everything

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 06:30:46 AM

China will become Super Power Huh
But there are many people in china only have income $1/day  Sad

They should made every people in china not poor anymore  Smiley
After that they will become true Super Power

it could happen, China is able to modify the electronic equipment, so it is able to make the same reproduction ability and function, so they are offering prices below the normal price is usually offered by the manufacturers of the products, with this capability then China could rival nations superpower like America and Germany ...
not only in the economic field alone china able to compete, but also in the field of military and education ...
hopefully other countries, especially developing countries can follow the example of China that can compete with the superpowers ...  Roll Eyes

That's why many company create his electronic product in china  Shocked

Kemampuanku Tidak semua orang memiliki dan dapat melakukannya . Tidak memakan kaum sendiri . dan mempunyai kode etik yang tidak masuk akal.
Panthers52

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 07:16:23 AM

I would say that China is still very far from being a free market. They have strict currency controls and keep their currency almost pegged to the dollar (They allow for small fluctuations on a daily basis). They also restrict the flow of ideas, information and speech. See the GFW and the recent blocking of bitcointalk.org from inside most of China

PGP 827D2A60

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 08:14:17 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2014, 08:37:38 AM by Grand_Voyageur

I am pretty sure that China is already a super power. They have the most foreign currency reserves in the world. They have one of the biggest economies in the world. They have nuclear weapons. They have a very large military and one of the strongest military's in the world. They hold a seat on the security council at the UN.

What more do they need for you to think they are a super power?

+1
Agreed. I come from International relations (IR) field of study and we already know from years that China (PRC) is at least a "potential" Superpower. China is surely a Great Power due to his enourmous capabilities (economic, military, population, ecc.) and was also recognized by other world Powers as such. Index like the Composite Index of National Capability give also you a instant visual check on the situation. Giving ground to China "Second Superpower" status are also fact as the U.S.–China Strategic and Economic Dialogue (S&ED), the so-called Group of Two (G-2) by which the U.S. implicitly recognize China (PRC) as such.

I would say that China is still very far from being a free market. They have strict currency controls and keep their currency almost pegged to the dollar (They allow for small fluctuations on a daily basis). They also restrict the flow of ideas, information and speech. See the GFW and the recent blocking of bitcointalk.org from inside most of China

Soviet Union was a Superpower albeit it was not a free-market. Do you mean Soviet Union was not a Superpower and generation of IR scholars & pratictioners in Government Worldwide made a mistake recognizing the Soviet Union as such?  Huh
Any totalitarian government (even if toying with freemarket) have strict currency controls & restrict the flow of ideas, information and speech. But not all totalitarian government may be Great Powers (or even Superpowers).

S

So Japan is a Superpower for you? I may agree that some soft power could be useful and may need to be taken in account but hard power still count a lot in the IR field & among states themselves. Do you look at the recent crisis in Ukraine/Eastern Europe? EU soft power prevented Russia from invading Ukraine (first in Crimea, then in the east of the country) utilizing her Hard Power (military, economic) to accomplish her goals?European Union and its members have a lot of Soft Power but without Hard Power you end up on the wrong side of the history. Also Japan has a lot of Soft Power but isn't recognized by any world Power as a Superpower.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
SCAR-H

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:33:28 AM

China is  already a Super Power. Just look at them to understand that!
Rockefeller

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:40:06 AM

China is a super power. You know why? It's the largest world manufactory ever made! They have a billion people, atomic bomb and they can conquer the world! I don't know what thing exactly is making them stay calm.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: